Our Colorful Neighborhood (LGBT+, straight friendly | accepting 2F 3M 8T*)

Started by Lyron, September 21, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyron

Currently, we are accepting:

2/10 cis-females
3/10 cis-males
8/10 trans*/non-binary individuals

Indigo Way is quite the colorful place: over the years, many LGBT people have flocked to this Chicago neighborhood to make it their new home. Here there is little fear of being called disgusting or an abomination, for everyone is among their brothers and sisters, and mommas and daddies, of the community. Yes, it's become quite the safe haven for many, but, of course, between the hot sex and fabulous times, the residents have their squabbles--friends spilling secrets, neighbors being too loud at two in the morning, and that bitch at the other end of the bar stole your girlfriend. And there's the gossip--what else can you expect from a place full of queens?

So, come, the residents of Indigo Way invite you to join in on the fun.

Hi, and welcome! Basically, this is a sandbox roleplay taking place in a fictional gay village in Chicago. Here's the setup at a glance:

Sexualities: The roleplay is geared more towards LGBT+ characters, but heterosexuals are welcomed, too!
Smut Level: The focus will be on story; smut can happen, but conflict and character development are more important. Think Queer As Folk, if you're at all familiar with that show; the characters have sexy fun times, but there's still plot. The RP will be placed in bondage. That way, those who prefer a little kink can have at it.
Post Length: At least 2 paragraphs. Writer's block should be no excuse.
Post Frequency: At least once a week, though it's understandable if real life gets in the way. Just try to keep us updated, and try to remove your character from any interactions if you will be gone for a while (in this case, a paragraph is fine). Being gone for more than three weeks, without word, may result in removal.
Writing Style: Third person.
Characters: Humans, aged 18+. Most character types are welcomed! Some ideas should probably be run by me first before tackling the sheet: owners of businesses (see information below), celebrities, or other characters that might substantially impact the roleplay or IC world. Up to 2 PCs per player, if you can juggle both of them.

Characters can either be posted here in the recruitment thread or PMed to me with the title "Our Colorful Neighborhood."

Character sheet:
[float=right][img padding=7]real pictures, please[/img][/float]
[center][size=18pt]Full Name[/size][/center]

[b]Nicknames:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] If this is different from the type of pairings you are truly open to playing, specify
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Residence:[/b] Apartment and room number

[b]Appearance Details:[/b] If anything isn't obvious by, or differs from, the photo, mention it here. Otherwise, you can delete this line of code.

[b]Personality:[/b] At least a paragraph

[b]Bio:[/b] Either paragraph form or a list. No minimum, per se, but do put some thought into it. I won't accept a character with an overly vague bio.

[b]Likes:[/b] At least 4
[b]Dislikes:[/b] At least 4

[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b] Alternatively, if you don't want to enter character-specific O/Os, you can combine these two and link to your O/Os.

[b]Additional Details:[/b] Anything else you want to share. Delete this line if you don't want to add anything.

[b]Played By:[/b] Username

Post header:
[float=left][img height=150 padding=5][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Tagging:[/b]
[b]Content:[/b]
[b]Wearing:[/b] [optional]
[hr]

Rules
Aside from what rules exist in the bolded list above, below are some additional ones to help keep things running smoothly. By joining this roleplay, you have implied that you have read and agreed to these rules.

• Respect players' offs. No exceptions. If you feel one of your offs have been compromised, please PM the other player first. If they will not change their post, then message me and I'll step in. Bear in mind that consistently ignoring another player's O/Os is grounds for reporting to staff.
  • If a player drops from the roleplay and leaves their character stuck in a scene, then that character will become an NPC. They can then be controlled by the GM(s) or the other player in order to remove them from the scene.
  • Barring the above rule, no god-moding or auto-hitting without the other player's consent. On the auto-hitting note, if fighting ever does happen, be fair and realistic with it.
  • Have events you would like to propose, or any other ideas you would like to share? Please don't hesitate to do so! Ideas are allowed to come from more than just one person!
  • If you have any questions or a problem in regards to the roleplay, please contact me either in the OOC or via PM and I will be more than happy to help you.
  • Lastly, as GM, my word goes. I'm reasonable, and things are open to discussion, but when I make a decision, it should be abided by.

The Neighborhood

Indigo Way, located on the north side of Chicago, is a snug community full of various shops and eateries. There are a few apartments, but two in particular are Parker Commons and The Kensington. Parker Commons, tucked off in a southern corner of the neighborhood, offers simpler one- and two-bedroom apartments for a more affordable rate. The Kensington, a luxury high-rise, stands just outside Indigo Way's northern boundaries, closer to the lake.

There are various shops and eateries in the neighborhood. To see the key establishments, see the IC thread.

Creating a Business

All of the shops are player-created. We have six businesses currently, so others can be permitted, but it's heavily encouraged that new players consider occupations in the ones that are already established.

Each business must be unique, so no two clothing stores or restaurants, for example. If a player wants to create a new business, they must supply the following information, perhaps after suggesting the idea first:

• A picture (optional)
  • A blurb: what the business does/sells and what it looks like if a picture isn't supplied. This can be as simple or as detailed as you like, but try to make it no longer than two paragraphs
  • Hours - we will play weekends most of the time, so keep this in mind when choosing the hours
  • If you're playing the owner/manager of the business, will you allow other players to fill in positions? If so, mention any positions you particularly want filled. If any NPCs will be filling any of the positions, list the NPCs' names and positions.

Asking other players for help or feedback is totally fine, but typing up the information will lie in the hands of the person who requested the business. Refer to the businesses in the IC thread if examples are needed.

It might be best to ask me about creating a business before generating the information for it.

Other Details

For the most part, we will stick to weekends and holidays; we will only play scenes during the work week if players need to for plot. In general, there won't be any expectation that players play their character on the job. By all means, have them working if that's what you want, but it's not required.

Though it might be preferred, players don't have to work in the established businesses, unless the occupation exists within a business that's already established; a waiter should work at The Dinner Table, not some other restaurant, for example. Otherwise, if you want your character to be a dentist or a pencil pusher, go for it.

Links
IC thread
Characters
OOC thread
Recruitment

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

MissFire

Francoise Appledehli

Nicknames: Frankie
Sex: Female
Birthday: Aug. 12th
Height: 5' 1"
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Residence: Upstairs, Permanent Records

Appearance Details: Small and slender figure. Real hair color is black, real eye color is green. She has a full back tattoo and pierced ears. Usually dresses in a more oddly masculine fashion; a dress shirt (untucked) and tie with shorts, boots and stockings, or a ragged t-shirt and jeans with boots. Never seen without her headphones.

Personality: Her presence itself is like shouting. She acts like she's been mainlining Red Bull and crystal meth. She is possessed of an over-abundance of energy, speaks quickly, and is always, always, always doing something. Anything. She's filled with confidence and determination, regardless of whether she's competent or not at whatever she's doing. With such a spastic and high-energy personality, people often expect her to be somewhat of a ditz and those that don't really know her have a hard time believing she can run a business. Frankie is a lot smarter than she looks, though, and from time to time can offer some rather astounding insight.

Bio: Frankie wasn't raised, per se. Her mother passed away when she was two years old and her father, both struggling with the loss and struggling to make ends meet, was hardly there for his daughter. She more or less raised herself. Most children might grow up bitter and resentful at the lack of parental oversight, but Frank seemed to take it in stride, for some reason. She learned how to survive on her own and when her odd personality precluded her from making many friends, she sought refuge in music. In music she could get lost in her own imagination, letting the beat fill the empty parts of her heart and soul.

After graduating highschool (somehow), she worked a string of jobs until deciding, mostly on a whim, to open up her own business. With the aid of a loan, Frank bought a dilapidated two-story brick building and fixed it up enough to turn it into Permanent Records, a music shop where she specializes in vinyl records and music equipment. The second floor of the building has been turned into her apartment. Her personality can drive some off, but she has enough of a steady flow of business and dedicated regulars to stay afloat.

Likes: Listening to music (except Country), singing, dancing, women with dyed hair, women that can dance
Dislikes: A lack of rythm, boredom, country music, anyone that tries to make a 'Frankie Says Relax' joke

Ons: Large breasts, kissing, cuddling
Offs: Bondage, pain, anything toilet related

Played By: MissFire
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Lyron

I was going to wait and reveal my character after a few people joined, so I could choose one that might be a better fit with everyone else's, but I figured I could at least show the one I've been leaning toward. He might be exchanged once other characters come along, but here he is if anyone wants to take a look:

Sean Michael Acker
Sean Micheal Acker

Nicknames: None, just goes by Sean
Sex: Male
Birthday:
Height: 5'11"
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Residence: Parker Commons, room 202

Appearance Details:
Tattoo on right shoulder blade
How do I live without the ones I love?
Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned
Place and time always on my mind
And the light you left remains but it's so hard to stay
When I had so much to say and you're so far away

RIP Josh

Personality: Sean is an outgoing guy, sometimes obnoxiously so. At the golden age of 23, he's matured some, and he'll behave when on the job, but sometimes, especially around friends, he likes to be loud. In general, he's a smartass with a sometimes crude, insulting humor. All of it is in jest, and he'll be gentler with the people who don't know him well, but the sensitive types might not enjoy his company so much.

Overall, for him, actions mean something; words don't. For that reason, it's common for him to poke fun of a friend's goofy smile or call them a dumbass before giving them a hug. In fact, when it comes to those he's close to, he's all about the physical affection. He'll lay off, just a bit, for the friends who don't like being touched, but he won't be as close to them as the friend who tolerates having an arm around their shoulder or receiving the rare, playful smack on the ass. When it comes to romantic relationships, he will rarely say "I love you," but he'll show it by giving them a massage after a long day, among other little things. On the downside to his belief, he sees little harm in his jokes, and he rarely takes the things people say seriously. It is often difficult to talk to him about something serious without some kind of smart remark, unless it's made explicitly clear that humor is not appreciated at that moment, and he usually doesn't read between the lines. In a few cases, this might be intentional, but in most instances, he doesn't listen closely enough to pick up on it, or he doesn't want to take a second to consider a more subtle meaning.

Perhaps because of his humor and thick skin, it's often difficult for him to truly sympathize with others. When it comes to people he barely knows, he's rather ambivalent about their woes, and with friends, he'll hug them and take them for a milkshake, but he rarely has any consoling words, not because he doesn't care; he just never knows what to say.

Bio:

• Sean was raised by only his mother for his entire childhood. He never knew his dad. Apparently, the man skipped out on them before he was one, and his parents had never gotten married. For his entire childhood, they lived in the same dingy apartment in a town in Indiana. When his mom was busy waitressing, babysitters watched him, and his grandparents occasionally helped them out when money was tight by either sending them the cash or giving them the thing they needed.
  • When he first started school, Sean was a little monster who liked to pick on the other little kiddies, rarely out of true malice, but most didn't see it that way. His mom would give him a slap on the wrist when the school would phone home but otherwise left it at that, and sometimes she'd shrug it off. Eventually, he was more careful about not getting in trouble, and as he got older, he tuned it down a little, but as the offensive humor slackened, he became more obnoxious in class.
  • His mom started dating when he was in third grade. Sean never really minded, but sometimes he liked to harass any man she brought home. He stopped after he made his mom cry because he made a man she genuinely loved break up with her. She found these kind of feelings again with a different man when Sean was eleven. The two got married two years later, and they moved in with him in his home.
  • His best friend while growing up was a guy named Josh. They met in second grade, after he made Josh cry for calling him a name and got in trouble because of it. Sean loved him like a brother, and they still kept their friendship going strong when Sean had to move to the neighboring district. He was devastated when Josh committed suicide in junior year of high school. For a while, Sean acted out with his usual antics to a more extreme extent. After a while, the school counselor figured out what was going on and helped him through the grief.
  • Growing up, Sean loved music--rock particularly. It was the genre his mom primarily had playing in the car or at home when she was busy doing chores. For Christmas in fifth grade, and with the help of his grandparents, his mom got him a drum set. He fell in love with it ever since, though until they moved, he didn't get to play it much without the neighbors getting angry. When he was in eighth grade, he got a guitar, but he didn't play it as much. He and Josh formed a band in ninth, but the other members kicked Sean out, and Josh left, too. They did their own thing for a while, before Josh's suicide.
  • Sean learned he liked guys when he was in freshman year. During high school, Josh was the only person he came out to, which was in sophomore year. He didn't tell his parents until after he graduated. After singing the "Gay Bar" song frequently during the day, his mom understood. His dad, assuming Sean was just being obnoxious, required a little more directness.
  • Sean went to college for one year and stopped. He knew he didn't want to do anything more than play in a band so he didn't see the point after that. In the first place, he only went because his dad pushed for it and his mom agreed with him. For a while, he stayed at home to save up money. About two months ago, with Chicago being the closest major city, he moved here to Indigo Way with the hopes that he could find a band and get his true career rolling.

• Rock and metal music
  • Singing, and playing drums
  • Bowling and pool
  • Partying
  • Staying fit
  • Horror movies
  • Tattoos
  • Storms
Dislikes:

• Country and classical
  • Watching sports
  • Snow and winter
  • Woe-is-me people
  • Real uptight/serious people
  • Suicide jokes

Ons: Switching, rough sex, light bondage, light humiliation (when topping), having his nipples played with
Offs: Character doesn't like but could be implemented: gentle doms, perfect submissives;; Absolute nos: Fisting, scat, bloodplay, long hair, effeminate guys

Additional Details: Anything else you want to share. Delete this line if you don't want to add anything.

Played By: Haru329

Quote from: MissFire on September 24, 2014, 07:59:58 PM
Hello, and welcome!  :-)
Frankie sounds pretty interesting.
I went ahead and listed Permanent Records in the first post. Can you give me the hours, a picture(s) if you want to use one, and a blurb about the shop? The blurb doesn't have to be fancy if you don't want it to, though it should include at least one or two details on what Permanent Records looks like if you don't use a picture. Also, did you want Frankie to have employees? If so, how many, and did you have any positions in mind?

I've added an extra detail in Setting. Basically, except for when players want to play scenes at such times, we'll generally avoid time periods in which most characters would work, so we'll probably be sticking to the weekends most of the time. That way, characters who work a 9-5 job don't have to be stuck alone at work, and in general, I don't want anyone to feel like they are forced to play their character on the job. They can do so, of course, but it won't exactly be mandatory. With owners it might be a little trickier, but I'll keep their business' hours in mind when choosing at least a few of the time periods in which we play. It might be something to consider when choosing Permanent Records' hours.

(And sorry for taking so long to respond. The last few days turned out to be pretty busy.)

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Nowherewoman

Eiryn Grim

Nicknames: Grim Reaper, Coffee Goth

Sex: F

Birthday: April 23

Height: 5'6"

Sexual Orientation: Gaybi

Residence: 1506 Parker Commons; Rents studio space over Eden.

Appearance Details: While she can be convinced to dress up from time to time (little black dresses, naturally), she's usually in grungy quasi-Goth or punk dress, often paint-spattered and smelling of solvents or developing fluid. Her l. ear and nipple are pierced and, when she's not working, usually sport a broad variety of studs or dangles; leather chokers, armlets, and Celtic knot bracelets and rings complete her collection of downtime accessories.

Personality: To a great extent, what you get from Eiryn depends on who you are. She can be brusque, impatient, even abrasive; she has no time for people who try to pigeon hole art (hers or anyone else's) or people, people who have no real formed opinions, or folks who talk crap about things they know nothing about, or value system over content. As you can imagine, she loathes art, dance, literature and music critics with a white-hot and extremely verbal passion. More than a little compulsive, she frequently pulls all-night work sessions, leaving her sleep-deprived, crabby, and heavily dependent on the nearest coffee vendor. When an idea strikes her, she will often break off mid-sentence, or even go so far as barking pose orders to friends and acquaintances, to try to set a scene in her head.

On the up side, she's painfully honest, about herself as well as other people, and utterly reliable- if she says she'll do something, the world will have to end to keep her from fulfilling her promise. When she's awake and not focused on work, she can be a fun, almost charming conversationalist. If she becomes your friend, she's the sort you can call at 3 AM when you have a nightmare (ESPECIALLY if you have a nightmare- she'll want to work it into a painting), or want to talk about your current or ex-lover; just be prepared to do the same for her, since she's usually awake around then anyway.

Difficult, absolutely. But also potentially very rewarding.

Bio: Born Erin Grimaldi, when puberty hit she was raked by sleep-destroying nightmares. A therapist suggest drawing as a way to remember and define the blurry images that kept waking her, and a career was born. Though 'forced' by her parents to take music lessons as a kid (she actually is a passable amateur violinist, enjoys music quite a bit,and drags out an old blue electric Zeta once in a while for open jams), the visual arts became her true love and calling.

While she's audited any number of classes at the Institute, Eiryn (she changed her name legally when her work started to attract notice- yeah, it's a touch hypocritical, but it's good marketing) is mostly self-taught. Her style, a blend of impressionistic techniques and macabre and frequently strangely erotic images, often drawn from her dreams and those of friends, tends to immediately either attract or repel, and she refused to follow more orthodox paths of instruction and development, making her the bane of established art teachers.Her first break came when she was asked to do set design for an experimental dance production of Copland's rarely-performed ballet Grohg. Critical response to the entire production was mixed, but her contribution was cautiously praised. Several group shows at various small underground venues followed, and she's developed a small but steady following, producing slow but steady sales.

Nearly always working on something (or three somethings), she fills in the gaps with a number of offhand jobs: relief bartender and coffee barista being two of her faves.  She even did a brief stint as a topless waitress, but given her flat-chested build and her mouth, you can imagine how well that worked out. Most of Eiryn's work is mid- to large-scale paintings, or paint-on-photomanip; she's done some sculpture, but it's not as successful as her brushwork, and she's the first to admit she really doesn't know what she's doing with structural arts.

Yet.

Likes: Honesty, music (almost anything), dancing (though she's not great at it), craft beer, good coffee, (most) art, body ink.

Dislikes: Politicians, poseurs (including 'chance artists'), cheep beer, liars, anyone who values form over content, weak coffee, homophobes, bike messengers, traffic, wafflers.

Ons: foreplay (all kinds of playfulness, really); long, slow sex; strapons; casual nudity; sexy/interesting clothing.

Offs: While she can be experimental, she's pretty vanilla overall, so anything especially rough or bizarre will be a nogo. Ask, but tread carefully.

Additional Details: Eiryn's a fairly recent transplant to Indigo, having only arrived a bit under a year ago.  In that time, she's been single so far as anyone knows, so her true orientation is an open question.

Played By: Nowherewoman
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Lyron

Quote from: Nowherewoman on October 05, 2014, 09:13:07 AM
Hello!
Eiryn's profile looks good! :-) I can't wait to see her in action.
Can you choose one of the apartment's mentioned in the first paragraph under Setting please? It'll help with thread creation if everyone's living in the same apartments.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Nowherewoman

Can do, Haru, but then we're going to need another setting space for studios etc. Converted warehouse, or factory like the Colt building in Hartford. No way would she be working out of a standard apartment. And in fact, given her personality, she'll spend a lot of her time at the studio, not at home.

*EDIT*

It occurs to me, if you want to keep settings close and limited- which I understand- maybe there's work and loft space above the club she could be renting? I imagine she bartends there from time to time, as well.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Lyron

Nowherewoman: Yeah, okay, that makes sense. In that case, you can keep what you had originally. Sorry. XD

Edit: That could definitely be an option, too. If you didn't mind, that would probably be best. I'm not necessarily opposed to allowing the lofts, but unless we get several more people, that might be harder to pull off. I wanted to leave the apartments, etc. separate from each other to allow for better...privacy, I guess, for those that prefer it, but I could be wrong in thinking this. I'm used to running roleplays, but this is my first time doing so on E, where things are a little different, so this is a bit of an experiment for me.

You can wait and decide later if you want, see if we can get more people first.

Nowherewoman & MissFire: Now that there are three of us, we can probably start talking about things. Woo!
Did either of you have a preference on what time of year we start in? I was thinking fall or winter, but early spring could maybe work, too. Other than that, I wanted to leave it open for discussion. Roleplays, especially ones like these, seem to be more interesting when everyone has the chance to offer input.

We will begin with some kind of event to help get all the characters to mingle and get the ball rolling. With that said, October and December offer the obvious events, and February if we went with early spring, but it might be a little too early to play the winter holidays, maybe? And of course, a non-holiday event could work, too. What sounds more appealing to you two?

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Nowherewoman

Gee...winter in Chitown. Who could POSSIBLY pass that up? :D

I'd go for October, simply for a chance for less crap weather :D But really, it's all good for me. E's not much of a costume type, but she could be providing backdrops for a spooky party, or bartending, or what have you. She'd show up for a queer rave or neighborhood meeting sort of thing. A specifically V'Day-themed mixer would prolly make her gag, but if there was no Hallmark Card junk surrounding it, she might go.

Nowherewoman

In other news- WTF does my picture keep vanishing?

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Nowherewoman on October 05, 2014, 11:00:03 AM
In other news- WTF does my picture keep vanishing?

Oh for the LOVE OF GOD.  What the hell is wrong with this editor? I just went in to re-add the picture it keeps clipping out of the code, and it obliterated my damn character sheet!

*SIGH*  I have CONSTANT problems with the editor here adding and removing formatting on the fly- cut and paste is extremely noxious for it- and now, as we see, arbitrarily deleting stuff from posts ouright. I have to leave for work in a bit, so i won't have time to completely rebuild it. I'll work on a placeholder, and try to finish up tonight.

Lyron

I know, right? :D

Yeah, I'm leaning a little more toward October, personally. If we go with a holiday theme, everyone's probably going to be more in the mood for Halloween than something else. V-day was more of just an option because, well, an intimate holiday suits an adult RP site pretty well, but I do wonder if it might be too early for that, both because of IRL season and because that encourages insta-pairing, which isn't that fun. It's still an option, but something else would probably work better.

A neighborhood meet sort of thing...sort of like a block party? That could definitely work too. Something non-holiday would have its benefits.

:-X Ouch. If it helps, here's what was in the profile originally.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Appearance Details: While she CAN clean up pretty well, most of the time she's in quasi-Goth/punk dark colors and dress, often paint-spattered, and at times smells fairly strongly of solvents or developing fluid. She also has piercings in her l. ear and nipple, which, if she's not working, sport complicated Baroque dangles (ear) and either a stud or a small chain dangle (nip). A few leather chokers and armlets and silver Celtic knot bracelets and rings  round out her accessory collection for when she's just socializing.

Personality: To a great extent, what you get from Eiryn depends on who you are. She can be brusque, impatient, even abrasive; she has no time for people who try to pigeon hole art (hers or anyone else's) or people, people who have no real formed opinions, or folks who talk crap about things they know nothing about, or value system over content. As you can imagine, she loathes art, dance, literature and music critics with a white-hot and extremely verbal passion. More than a little compulsive, she frequently pulls all-night work sessions, leaving her sleep-deprived, crabby, and heavily dependent on the nearest coffee vendor. When an idea strikes her, she will often break off mid-sentence, or even go so far as barking pose orders to friends and acquaintances, to try to set a scene in her head.

On the up side, she's painfully honest, about herself as well as other people, and utterly reliable- if she says she'll do something, the world will have to end to keep her from fulfilling her promise. When she's awake and not focused on work, she can be a fun, almost charming conversationalist. If she becomes your friend, she's the sort you can call at 3 AM when you have a nightmare (ESPECIALLY if you have a nightmare- she'll want to work it into a painting), or want to talk about your current or ex-lover; just be prepared to do the same for her, since she's usually awake around then anyway.

Difficult, absolutely. But also potentially very rewarding.

Bio: Born Erin Grimaldi, when puberty hit she was raked by sleep-destroying nightmares. A therapist suggest drawing as a way to remember and define the blurry images that kept waking her, and a career was born. Though 'forced' by her parents to take music lessons as a kid (she actually is a passable amateur violinist, enjoys music quite a bit,and drags out an old blue electric Zeta once in a while for open jams), the visual arts became her true love and calling.

While she's audited any number of classes at the Institute, Eiryn (she changed her name legally when her work started to attract notice- yeah, it's a touch hypocritical, but it's good marketing) is mostly self-taught. Her style, a blend of impressionistic techniques and macabre and frequently strangely erotic images, often drawn from her dreams and those of friends,tends to immediately either attract or repel, and she refused to follow more orthodox paths of instruction and development, making her the bane of established art teachers.

Her first break came when she was asked to do set design for an experimental dance production of Copland's rarely-performed ballet Grohg. Critical response to the entire production was mixed, but her contribution was cautiously praised. Several group shows at various small underground venues followed, and she's developed a small but steady following, producing slow but steady sales. Nearly always working on something (or three somethings), she fills in the gaps with a number of offhand jobs: relief bartender and coffee barista being two of her faves.  She even did a brief stint as a topless waitress, but given her flat-chested build and her mouth, you can imagine how well that worked out.

Most of Eiryn's work is mid- to large-scale paintings, or paint-on-photomanip; she's done some sculpture, but it's not as successful as her brushwork, and she's the first to admit she really doesn't know what she's doing with structural arts.

Yet.

Likes:Honesty, good coffee, dancing (though she's the first to say she looks stupid on a dance floor), music (almost anything), (most)art, craft beer, body art.

Dislikes: Poseurs (among whom she numbers composers and artists using chance techniques), politicians, couch potatoes, traffic, liars, wafflers, weak coffee, cheap beer, homophobes, bike messengers.

Ons: Foreplay (playfulness in general), long slow sex, strapons, body contact, casual nudity, sexy/interesting clothing.

Offs: Anything really rough or bizarre- while she's a bit experimental, she's reasonably 'vanilla', so tread carefully.

Additional Details: Eiryn's something of a new transplant to Indigo; her last studio was on the fringes of Southside. She's been here about a year, and has been single all that time, so far as anyone knows- so her actual orientation is a bit unclear.
That's weird that you're having a problem like that. Have you tried reporting it?

Also, I edited my previous response to you, after I noticed you edited.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Nowherewoman

Oh, Goddess, THANK you. The idea of having to recreate ALL of it was quite daunting :D

And for sure, I have no prob with her working over the club.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Haru329 on October 05, 2014, 11:16:27 AM

That's weird that you're having a problem like that. Have you tried reporting it?

If I could get it to be 100% reproducible, or I could find anyone else having similar probs, I would. It appears it *might* be something odd with whatever version of HTM the site is running when it interacts w/the WIN7 clipboard- it seems to paste malformed code. For example- about 80% of the time, trying to copy-paste a chracter sheet block loses most of the formatting. This last time, it worked perfectly. Backspace deleting over a line break will reset the font size. Some of the time. Copy-paste from another post sets font to Verdana and the size to 2PX- except when it doesn't. And once in a while, a link I've pasted in refuses to stay put, jsut vanishes completely after I save the post. once in a while.  It's annoyingly  inconsistent, and agonizing when I have to hand-edit mass blocks of text to fix the glitches.

Lyron

No problem!

Yeah, that's really weird. I have no idea why it would be doing that. So there are actually these changes to the code once you paste it into the text editor? Or is this something that seems to pop up after you submit?

Okay, that works! E can be, like, the gothic overseer of the club now. :D

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Nowherewoman

Except for the vanishing links, it's actually additions to the code. If you swap views, you can see the tagging. It may also be some sort of Chrome bug, though it's not an issue I've had anywhere else to date.

LOL Eiryn coming drifting down just at last call, still in the Zone from painting, looking around..."Who the fuck are all these people, and why are they so fucking LOUD?" :D

And I see, so far at least, I'm the old lady of the group :D  Ah well, I'm used to it...

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Haru329 on October 05, 2014, 11:16:27 AM

A neighborhood meet sort of thing...sort of like a block party? That could definitely work too. Something non-holiday would have its benefits.

Block party, Community Action Committee meeting, Beautify Our Block, anything like that. And FWIW, I agree- the 'instant pairup' thing can be kinda meh. It CAN work, but it sort of locks the tone in from then on.

Lyron

I was wondering if it might've been browser-related, but I'm using Chrome, too, and haven't had any issues (at least not yet).

Haha! XD I feel like there has to be a running joke at the club for that.

So far, so far. :D There are only three characters right now. Things could change.

Those three options sound good. I think I'm liking them a little more than a Halloween event. Yeah, that's true, it can with the right players. It's all a matter of taste I guess.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

MissFire

Oh, wow, I didn't know this was still alive.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Lyron

I know, right? Surprise, surprise. :D

We were discussing possible neighborhood events to start with. Did you have any preferences?

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

MissFire

I think we kind of need more characters before this can consider opening.
    - Sima Yi

Nowherewoman

Kind of inclined to agree, alas. 3 people doesn't make much of a neighborhood :(

Lyron

It's an Eeyore neighborhood. :D

But no, I agree. I wasn't going to start this until we got at least a few more people.

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Cupcakemon

Just a quick lil' drop in to say that I am interested, I'll give everything a good read over tonight or once I finish my homework projects.
I already have two characters in mind for this though but very much interested.

Lyron

Glad to hear you're interested, Cupcakemon! I can't wait to see what characters you have in mind. :-)

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.

Cupcakemon

I hope that this is all good, I spent the day working on it and I'm pretty dead tired so tell me if I'm missin' somethin'.

Artemis Hera Jameson[/center]

Nicknames: Art, Missy, Artemis is most common

Sex: Female

Birthday: November 19th

Height: 5’6”

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Residence: She lives with her brother in an apartment next to the restaurant

Appearance Details: She has hazel eyes, She has a batman tattoo on the side of her boob, a owl tattoo on her right thigh, a jellyfish tattoo on her left thigh, and a koi fish on her right arm. She has her belly button pierced as well. Like in the picture she does have a little tattoo under her eye.

Personality: Artemis is a playful person, always upbeat and full of adventure. She loves to talk and loves to be part of the action so she never misses a beat with people around her. She's easy to get along with and is always talking to people who want to talk to. She's the best to get advice from and tries to speak the truth more than anything. She's not huge on lying so if you lie to her and she finds out she finds it to be a betrayal. Never awkward Artemis sometimes has an issue with leaving people alone. She does try to behave but she is a little too upbeat for her own good. She's never seen having a bad day by her friends because she doesn't want them to think different of her when she does get sad. She tends to get overly mopey when she does get sad and finds it hard to even want to get out of bed. So she does try not to be like that or even be around people when she's sad. Harder to anger than her twin she is the first person to jump in the middle of a fight and break it up if she must because she hates seeing people fight. Although she will stick up for her friends and defend them to the death. She's do anything for her twin or her friends as long as it doesn't involve anything sexual.

Bio:

• She was born the younger twin to Emmett, their parents had both been greek mythology lovers and named their children after the brother and sister Apollo and Artemis. Artemis loved her name while her brother hated it. The two of them were raised by their parents who taught at the local university and taught them that other people's opinions didn't matter, just their own.
  • When she and her brother were ten Apollo became Emmett, having been picked on enough by his name, his parents agreed to the name change as long as he still answered to Apollo at home and changed it to a middle name. When she had been asked if she wanted to change her name Artemis refused, saying that it was a powerful name and that was that.
  • Artemis had noticed when she was twelve that the boys were of no interest to her, they didn't have the same appeal to her as the other girls. She was scared that something had been wrong with her and that her twin would hate her so she tried to keep it a secret until she was fourteen. At that point she had come out to her brother who in turn came out to her. The twins from then kept it a secret until they were sixteen, telling their parent. Their parents were proud of them, accepting that they were both gay.
  • Artemis had her first date with a girl shortly after coming out to her parents, the girl's name was Karen and she had been Artemis' girlfriend for three years before Artemis had walked in on her with another girl. Upset and angry she broke it off with Karen and ran away from home, too broken hearted to want to return. She hated Karen for breaking her heart but didn't want to go home because the reminder of her was everywhere. Eventually Emmett found her and cleared out the reminders, allowing Artemis to come home and pack so she could move.
  • The twins moved into town and both of them started to attend college and get jobs that they loved. Artemis became a hostess and fell in love with it, always able to talk to people and meet new faces all the time. She dated on and off but as of late is single, she likes it that way.

+ Cooking
+ Vlogging
+ Partying
+ Meeting people
+ Dancing
+ Foreign languages
+ Fashion
+ Drawing
+ Sweets
+ Movie nights
+ Hosting parties
+ Hunting

Dislikes:
- People teasing her brother
- Rudeness
- Unfriendly people
- Cheaters
- Mice
- Glitter
- Expensive clothing

Ons: Boobs, making out, cuddling, toys, oral, light bondage,

Offs: Bathroom play, blood, pain, humiliation, extreme bondage

Additional Details: Artemis loves to design clothing, if you ask she will make you something.

Played By: Cupcakemon

Apollo Emmett Zeus Jameson[/center]

Nicknames: Em, Emmy, Apollo is only for his sister and parents

Sex: Male

Birthday: November 19th

Height: 5’ 11”

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Residence: He lives with his sister in an apartment next to the restaurant

Appearance Details: He has hazel eyes. He has a anchor tattoo behind right left ear, another anchor tattoo above his left elbow, a feather tattoo on his left forearm, and a dagger tattoo on his right arm forearm.

Personality: Emmett is a pretty laid back guy and easy to get along with. Although he's easier to piss off than his sister he is the kind of guy who will knock somebody out just to make them shut up if they upset him or his sister. He's a bit of a flirt and he knows it, but he thinks that comes from being a bartender. But if he catches somebody teasing others he gets super defensive and will easily get angry about it. He's a defensive person for everybody, willing to stand up to whoever he feels he has to for whoever. He's also the kind of guy who will help out with whatever. He does like to be helpful and if he's not working, hanging out with friends or his twin, or even having sex he's usually helping somebody out with whatever they need. Emmett is an easy to please person in all honesty and a guy you want on your side.

Bio:

• He was born the older twin to Artemis, their parents had both been greek mythology lovers and named their children after the brother and sister Apollo and Artemis. Artemis loved her name while her brother hated it. The two of them were raised by their parents who taught at the local university and taught them that other people's opinions didn't matter, just their own.
  • When the twins were ten Apollo changed his name to Emmett, having been picked on enough by his name, his parents agreed to the name change as long as he still answered to Apollo at home and changed it to a middle name. Emmett had agreed as long as the name calling had stopped.
  • Emmett accepted that he likes boys at a young age, always finding he liked them better than girls. He secretly dated a high school freshman when he was in 8th grade, never telling anybody even after they broke up. It became custom for him to secretly date guys until he came out to Artemis and then to their parents.
  • Emmett found that he really liked sex, often sleeping with guys who wanted to. He found it easier just to sleep with a guy rather than get attached to them and have his heart broken, even more when he saw how his twin was affected by having her heart broken. He's broken a few hearts from his lack of commitment and moves from guy to guy as often as possible.
  • When Artemis ran away Emmett's job was to find her. When he did she refused to go home until the reminders of her ex was gone. So being the good older brother and twin he was he brought her home and got rid of everything that could remind her of Karen. After that the two of them packed up and moved out of the house, finding their own little apartment.
  • The twins moved into town and both of them started to attend college and get jobs that they loved. Emmett had gotten a job as a bartender at the club, loving his job and the chance to scope out those he can date.

+ Drinking
+ Partying
+ Sex
+ Cooking
+ Vlogging
+ Tattoos
+ Piercings
+ Music
+ Video Games

Dislikes:
- His birth name
- Being called Apollo by anybody not family
- Expensive clothing
- People teasing his sister
- Bullies
- Rude people
- Unfriendly people

Ons: some bondage, making out, biting, Switching.

Offs: scat, piss, bathroom play, fisting

Additional Details: Anything else you want to share. Delete this line if you don’t want to add anything.

Played By: Cupcakemon