News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

slow running E

Started by Lady Quixote, April 23, 2013, 07:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Quixote

so it's 7:26 AM CDT and E seems to be running pretty slow:

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
RSS - WAP2
Page created in 12.6 seconds with 15 queries.

RSS - WAP2
Page created in 4.632 seconds with 8 queries.

RSS - WAP2
Page created in 25.517 seconds with 20 queries.

RSS - WAP2
Page created in 2.331 seconds with 20 queries.

I noticed something seemed to be a bit slow yesterday but didn't really think about it.

Matt

Trieste

Lady Quixote

I don't think so, sure it would count for E's front page but the others were my PMs and My Bookmarks, so I would hope that 16 or more other people weren't accessing those at the same time.

Things seem to be better now though...

Matt

Trieste

Possibly - although the URL on someone's bookmarks is non-specific, so if a bunch of people were accessing their bookmarks at once it's possible that it falls under "16 people accessing the same thing".

PMs have been very slow for a while.

Regardless, I hope that helps.

Lady Quixote

nope quite possible, most of my bookmarks are my own stories but once again things are looking better. 

I just had two more:

one going to https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171967.msg8105265#msg8105265
RSS - WAP2
Page created in 6.729 seconds with 21 queries.

the other was going to https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154435.msg7047896#msg7047896
RSS - WAP2
Page created in 9.215 seconds with 20 queries.

Is this the info that's helpful, or should I provide something else?

It's really hit or miss

Matt

Oniya

Quote from: mvo33 on April 23, 2013, 08:36:14 AM
nope quite possible, most of my bookmarks are my own stories but once again things are looking better. 

What Trieste was explaining is that there could have been multiple people accessing their own bookmarks at the same time - which sends the same queries to the server, regardless of what threads are actually bookmarked.  If you check the end of the thread that she directed you to, you'll also see some further information from Vekseid on the situation.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17