The New Mage Guild: Draco Edge(Fairy Tail Roleplay)

Started by BlackestKnight, August 22, 2012, 05:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Bookmarking for now. I might make a comical  'D' rank mage with Mimic magic later. Since there are so many high ranks already.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Drake Valentine on September 01, 2012, 01:31:03 AM
Bookmarking for now. I might make a comical  'D' rank mage with Mimic magic later. Since there are so many high ranks already.

I had thought give one my char concepts; Dain mimic magic. A 'D' ranked mage who specializes for mimic others spells could be interesting in sense as he can try mimic S ranked mages own spells. I had myself thinked it does not copy full magic category of a person but invindual spells and able memorisize them and use them later times. Altough storage space should be limited in return for flexibillity.

ReijiTabibito

I am aware of Fairy Tail (though not an absolute follower of it, I check in from time to time), and anime RPs always interest me.

I do have a question, though.  Abilities are ranked from S+ to D-.  What would be considered human average of these abilities?  I can't find that...

Zaer Darkwail

I think average is B. C means 'weak' while D is 'pathetic' (or it is C). A is above average and excelent overall while S is suppreme and +S (or ++S with guildmaster) are further higher up.

ReijiTabibito

Alright.  I'll have to keep that in mind, then...

DeviantMunster

Are you sure?
Technically speaking, there's no human average here. Mages > normal people in Fiore, pretty much.
D rank people are essentially normal, average humans joining Draco Edge and first learning magic. I'd say D rank is the normal human average, with anything higher requiring intense training or magic to push up.

On top of that, recall that recently when Fairy Tail went to the magic games, they first had to unlock that second heart or whatever! Only Erza was really S rank in that group. Certainly everyone else isn't that close to being normal, average humans!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, not sure how the definition goes but if we make standard that D stands for average people and anyone with Spirit rating in D means they cannot use magic at all (no talent shortly speaking). C would stand then for 'pitiful' magic performance, B for average performance, A for excelent and S for 'monster' level of magic display.

DeviantMunster

Again, nooope.
*places on geek glasses and clears throat*
When they went to Edolas (the other Earth Land) it turned out that entire world did not possess any magic, and instead they used lacrima and whatever magic 'bled' to their world to to utilize it (through weapons and the like). When they cut off Edolas from Earth Land all the non Edolas people were expelled because they were born innately with magic in their own bodies, something the people of Edolas did not possess, including Mystogan. He explained it all throughout the ark!

Thusly, every person in Fiore is capable of magic, though some are born with inherently large supplies of magic, or created with such like Ultear was. Obviously, to become a mage, someone has to train constantly to increase their spirit.

Thusly, D -would- be the default stage of most people across the land. Furthermore, the Japanese are weird - in English, our ranking systems definitely mean F and D for below average, poor. C for average. B for good, and A for excellent. In the D, C, B, A, and S ranking, which is commonly found in most Animes, D really is the starting point, along with C. B and A are extremely good/difficult, and S is plain legendary.

/rant

Of course, we should probably wait for the BlackestKnight to make a statement.

Zaer Darkwail

Ouch, my bad. So yeah, D would be default mode where person has drop of eternano inside him and reservoir can be expanded with training like muscle growth.

Anyways let's see what BlackestKnight says about this.

BlackestKnight

S+ - God-like

S- Legendary

A- Elite

B- Average/Adept

C- Average/Below Average

D- Inept

I hope that clarifies things for people.

Zaer Darkwail

It clarifies, thanks :). Anyways where S++ would stand? As guild master has such level amount in Dexterity to show off his swordplay prowess.

CurvyKitten

Ok folks I need some help and opinions I  am working on a second character. She is a requiper as one of her abilities using boots or shoes as her equipment. Need some ideas for spells she can work with them.

Zaer Darkwail

Magical boots/shoes? Well I can imagine varied mobility uses and also offensive kicking based attacks (or stomp things). Another version is mix of magical shoes and dancing arts (which is bit silly but could be cool if someone breaks into riverdance styled steps to conjure fireballs and ligthning).

CurvyKitten

Well I was thinking a concoction wave type one, and an elemental one. Beyond that I was thinking maybe something like speed and shadow stepping ability to hide and strike quickly?

ReijiTabibito

For shoes/boots related type stuff, check out Lenalee Li from the anime D.Gray-Man.  Her superpowers come from her boots/footwear.  Just a suggestion.

Zaer Darkwail

Also in Bleach there was woman who got stronger and quicker depending how dirty her boots were.

CurvyKitten

Nods~ Looking up lenalee Li now, I sort of thought about her when I created the character but didn't know if it would be cheesing it but duplicating some of her powers.

Thanks for the help!

Cold Heritage

On further thought, changed my mind about participating. Best wishes to all.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Drake Valentine

Sorry, I am still here. I just.. Passed out today and only worked on a 'small' bit of template today while I was awake.. Well.. Between the few portions I was awake and at comp. v.v

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

CurvyKitten

Is it ok if we use aspect from the game in PC backgrounds? Like a dark guild or something like the  Bureau of Magical Development.

Drake Valentine

Incomplete D Rank Member
Ryuu Matsumoto, Sixteen, Male
Deadbeat, D Rank Draco Edge Member

~ Physical Info ~

{Appearance}
Height: 5’3” / Weight: 135Llbs

{Tattoo}
Lower back.

~ Mentality ~

{Personality}
It is Ryuu’s personality that causes many to not want to partner with the young man. He has a habit to shrug off a lot of things and generally lives a carefree life. Outwardly he is outgoing and generally his voice may be heard first above all others. He also has a natural knack at annoying his fellow guild members and sometimes even inspiring Caster types to plain out assault him with a spell through various, clownish or even perverse actions. It isn’t a typical, all occasion thing though, Ryuu only does this if he sees something that interests him and wishes to learn it into his growing database. He isn’t shy to beg others for monies or even mooch off of others for food whenever the bartender may grow irritated at Ryuu’s constantly growing tab.

Despite Ryuu’s possible bad quirks, he is typically a nice and funny guy. His methods of chivalry may seem a bit unorthodox; even amongst his teammates. Many take him as extra luggage on their missions, but Ryuu is always silently gauging out the dangers and the capabilities of his fellow teammates. He is always the first to innate failure by putting himself in harms way if he doesn’t believe his current team can handle it. Ryuu also never shows his Guild his actual skills, the only times he does toss aside the façade of a ’silly loser’ is when he may be separated from his allies or his allies being incapacitated in a fight; or if push comes to shove, in the most rarest of conditions, an all out life or death situation that he may not be able to avoid to show his true character. The latter fortunately has yet to happen. 
Ryuu‘s favorite quote: “Why so serious?”

{Quirks}
{Phobias}
% Sleeps a lot.
His actual magic type being discovered. @
% Has a constantly growing tab at the bar.
Commitment @
% Has a low mission success score.
% Can‘t take anything seriously.

~ Ability Statistics ~

Proficiencies/Stats

Assumed Stats (Concealed Stats)
Strength:  D ( C- )
Agility: D ( S+ )
Speed: D ( B )
Durability: D ( C )
Senses:  C -  (  A  )
Spirit:(Potency of Magic) D (S)
Intelligence: C ( A )
Dexteriety: D ( D? )

{Magic-Types}
Assumed Type (Concealed Type)
Dispelling Magic  (Mimic Magic)

{Signature Spell}
Imprint - Ryuu is capable of imprinting a huge variety of caster base magic abilities. Although there are also a few requirements for him to successfully make an exact copy of the spell once it is in his memory bank. Primary, he has to experience it first hand, whether being caught in an area effect of it or directly being damaged by the spell to better calculated the magical properties involved within it. He can still freely create similar spells by visually experiencing the ordeal, but they will not be as powerful.

Ryuu cannot imprint holder magic abilities.

{Spell List}
~Break - Ryuu is capable of creating glyphs that would negate most properties of an oncoming spell attack. He can also control the size of the glyphs, however most of the time he keeps them small for quicker casting. The further they are from his body the longer they are to create, Ryuu has a preference to combine Break with his own Meelee Combat skills; although generally many don’t get to see the full extent of ‘break’ or Ryuu’s martial art potential as he often uses a mixture of both to make himself appear defeated in a battle when in actuality he may not take any damage whatsoever.

N/A (Will update when things are ‘learned.’)
{Non-magic Skills}
# Meelee Combat
# Survival
# Mooching (Beggary is a skill!)
# Dancing

~ Personal Background ~

{Biography}
Pending

Will finish rest later. *Sleepeh*

CurvyKitten

Mooching (Beggary is a skill!)

Snickers~ something tells me Yumi falls for it every time too :P

Laughing Hyena

Annie

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

CurvyKitten

Lena Blackthorn
Lena Blackthorn : L or Thorn, Jynx  (does not have deed or alias name yet.)18 female
, C Rank Draco Edge Member

~ Physical Info ~

{Appearance}
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Lena's body is one found after years of training, her legs being her strongest asset. They are long, well toned, and seemingly untouched by the tragedy that has marked the rest of her body. Skin as white as snow, and her once dark hair turning to ocean blue do to the saturation of magical energy. And hangs down to nearly below her butt when left to hang lose. Her eyes a crystal blue the left has been seen to have the overflow of magic come forth as a blue aura from it. Her body after years of training has become lean and cut, the only curve and softness left seems to be her heart shape ass and the swell of her breasts. One would think she was simply built for speed, but they would be surprised when they feel the strength of her strike. The only thing that she seems to hate and hide about herself are the scars left behind by the incident that changed her life. Marks of blades are found on various places on her torso.

{Tattoo}
Right thigh

~ Mentality ~

{Personality}
Lena doesn't talk much still, her mentality due to her years of being held. She tends to be untrusting, to those around her and bottles most of her emotions up. Though quick to anger sometimes, specially when people think she is to weak to do something. She never wants to be weak again, thinking that she was the reason her village was burned and everyone she cared about died. She still seems to be looking over her shoulder as waiting for something to come and get her. She has been known to go for days with out sleep. Oddly enough it doesn't seem to affect her due to the unknown energy within her system. She doesn't seem to understand the way some things work. And sometimes that can come across as her being a bitch or anger. But the walls she has built up over the years seems to keep anyone from getting deeper. Seems to stop anyone from seeing who she really is. And part of her believes it is safer that way.

{Quirks}
{Phobias}
%Always wear something to cover her torso up, to hide her scars
Fear of losing control of her power@
% can be seen doodling all the time
Being taken again. @
%Photographic memory

~ Ability Statistics ~

Proficiencies/Stats

Strength: B
Agility:A+
Speed:A+
Durability:B
Senses:S
Spirit:Unmeasurable as she is unstable still.
Intelligence:S
Dexteriety:S
despite her unstable magical ability her skill with weapons and other objects is above par

{Magic-Types}

Requiping magic (Enhanced Speed: Even without her Boots activated, Lena is extremely quick and agile. This, of course, is only enhanced when her boots are activated)
Nullification Magic (A Magic that allows the user to nullify the effects of other Magics. Unstable as of yet seems to happen more on instinct )
Unknown (explained in back story)

{Signature Spell}
Spell Name
The spell that was used the night she was found. A dead zone all around her as she seemed to be summoning changing or becoming something more. Though it was stopped so no one truly knows what would have happened or what her true power really is. Has not been seen since that night.

{Spell List}
Untamed Wind Her boots stirs up a destructive tornado with a whirling kick of her boots.
Elemental strike~ With these boots she has the ability to use or work with the elements around her. ( Example she has the ability to work with water, enabling her to walk on liquid surfaces. Air allows her to fly, earth allows her to do things like never leave a trail and sensing where things are through the ground, fire most unstable allows her to never get burned while also delivering a flame strike.)
Shadow step~ With these she can surpass her already heightened speed along with hiding in any shadows present.
Falling Blades:Boots produce a mesh Dark Blades, carrying an extremely high weight. She has been known to have the force of a meteor with this strike.
Sounds release: Her boots become able to interface with sound waves, solidifying the sound of each step into a surface, which allows her to travel at the speed of sound.
{Non-magic Skills}
# Art
# Parkor
# melee combat
# dancing
# stealth

~ Personal Background ~

{Biography}
Back Ground warning tiss long. :P
Lena has seen far to much for her young eyes, she was taken at a young age due to the heritage that is rumored to run in her very veins. She seemed to have more magical energy then should have been able to contain at such a young age. Yet it was locked away from her or anyone else from accessing. Something had left the young girl marked, she was a vessel for something beyond her control. The only question was, what was it and how could they be used. Or at least that was how a small group, a dark guild that used to work with  Bureau of Magical Development. A few of the members branched off and wanted to continue they're work.

The young girl had only her father, her mother dying during child birth. In truth the young man had no idea how to raise a child much less a girl. But he did the best that he could do. He was a fighter and worrier by trade, taking on missions to pay the bills and survive. He would leave the small child with an elderly woman, a local artist that let the girl learn from her. Letting her play with the paints and brushes, Lena always had a picture waiting for her father when he got back. And he always came back, always found a way to see his little girl. Even if he did come back a bit beat up each time.

When she was ten years old is when things in her happy live changed.There was the mission he didn't come back from when he said he would. Lena sat waiting for him at the front windows. Sat waiting for him to come back and hug tell her everything was ok. Days past and she kept being found further and further away from the house. Spending hours calling out to him begging him to come home. Till the night her whole world changed and she realized that the monster she heard about were real.

That was the night that she went out even against the elder woman's orders. Lena went out further then she ever had. And while she was gone the village was raided, someone that was after the her had finally come. They torn through the town like it was nothing but paper that burned in the flames. Lena saw the smoke rising and the fear she felt told her that everything was suddenly going very wrong. Trying to run back to the village, she came upon the site of her own home burning. The timber falling to the ground as her world started to shatter with it. She was so distracted Lena didn't see the large man that was approaching her. There was no warning when she was grabbed, only her scream filled the air as she struggled against the grip. But the small girl didn't have a chance, and the last thing she saw was once called home falling to the ground. Her friends dead or dying and the sound of her voice scream for the father that wouldn't come.

She had no idea when she had past out, but Lena woke up in a cold room. A cell that had metal walls, enforced with bolts in their lower parts, seemed to be closed by bars, and contained a metal bowl, similar to those used to feed animals. The bowls had subject L writen on it, and Lean was trapped. A small child trapped in the mad world of Dark mages seeking power. It seem someone had brought her to a place to try and figure out what it was that was trapped and held within the small girl. Could the access the energy or her powers? Could the make her work for them or simply steal the energy? These questions and more were asked as the experimented on the girl. Magic and science coming together once again, trying to figure out what made this girl tick.

While Lena was stuck in this horrible world her father barley alive made it back to his home town. Only to find everything he loved taken from him. It took all his friends strength to contain his rage in that moment. The man wanted blood for the lives and love taken from him. It was only when someone found tracks leading away from the village with Lena's favorite doll dropped on the trail they found. Did they even start to think the little girl survived. Her father was nearly mad with the need to find and protect his little girl. The only light left in his life, he had to get it back.

As her father searched and fought his way to finding her, as Lena found herself the subject of a a dark guilds interest. Everyday they'd poked and prod at her trying to figure out why L was made in such a way. They spoke about her being a vessel, or possible a conduit, tried to figure out what the magical energy could do. Hours turned to days, days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and painfully those months turned into years.

During this time her father search nearly going mad from the idea of someone having taken his daughter. Some said she was dead, but he refused to except. No more so he couldn't except it, except that he had failed the woman he loved and lost their child. It all came to a head when he finally got close. Closer then he ever had, he had actually made it to where they were holding her. And for the first time in years Lena hear her father calling her name. It nearly was nearly to much to take, thinking he was still alive still looking for her. She just kept yelling for him till she heard finally saw him. Breaking through the last wall that held them apart. But as he reached for her the monster of her nightmares reappeared and grabbed him. Lena tried to help, tried to make a difference. But in the end she only got in the way, her father took a hit that would have hit her fully against his back. Tears fell down her cheeks as he fell before her feet. And no matter how much she tried to get him to move her wouldn't. And again she was taken away from him.

Ricky and a few other comrades of her father found him dying not moments after she was taken. A few ran after her, they yelled at him for not waiting till they got there. But he just smiled he didn't want to keep his little girl waiting any longer then he had already. He made them promise to find her, and with his last breath he let his apology be carried on the wind. He wasn't able to get to her, to hold her and tell her everything was going to be ok. He just prayed that his friends would one day be able to do that for him.

But that wouldn't happen till she was 16 that a team was sent after a magical item. They just had no idea that the item was in actuality her. They found her strapped into some machine. Cords and tubes in her body, and runes that glowed seeming to try and drain her of energy. Thinking that if they drained her life force and kept her under control  with the machine. That they could break the seal within her system and get to what they had been after for so many years.  A fight breaks out, and somewhere during the struggle the system was turned on. But something went wrong and something inside her was released. Suddenly the magic from the area was nullified in the area around her. The only source of energy was coming from her. And it was nearly to much for her young and weak body to handle.  Thankfully the team was able to contain her under strains of their own. She dropped unconscious and unmoving, and after neutralizing the threats around them they brought her to the guild.

She didn't wake for nearly two months, her body was ravaged from what happened to her. From there they simply tried to help her control what was in her. Still not sure what it was that was held within her. The magic fussing with her very system there was no way of separating the two. So they simply found a way to help her control it till more could be learn. They taught her how to requip, her chosen style being boots. She is still a lower ranking mage due to her having to learn from the begining and the unstable energy within her.  On nights where things get to much she is known to disappear on long runs into the woods. The longest and one Ricky had to go find her on was when they told her about her father. But at the moment she is just fine with that, she is simply trying to find her way, now that she was no longer some ones experiment. Lena tried to find her way in life within the guild.