Stranded ( Character Sheet Thread/Sign up.)

Started by Awesomesauce, September 10, 2012, 12:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomesauce

We -are- in need of guys, I suppose.
I don't plan on restricting people from creating characters, though.
Hopefully more people make into males and natives.

Sure, persephone. You can join. I'm still not closing the joining period.
Everybody should try to find people interested in playing males/natives. xD

Accepted, RipTide.

persephone325

Name: Willow

Gender and Orientation: Female, Straight

Native or Survivor: Native

Noteworthy Skills: Extremely intelligent, petite and agile; not a good fighter but an excellent hider, has been able to escape every life threatening situation on the island

Personality: Her intelligence makes her appear somewhat intimidating, so Willow mostly keeps to herself. She is kind, generous and always willing to help others, even if they don't ask for or want her help.

Brief History: Willow was born on the island after her mother and father met on a ship that crashed into it. That being said, they taught her everything they knew about the outside world. It seemed like a strange place to Willow as she heard them describe it. For this island home was all she knew in the world.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island: A sewing kit (from her mother) and medical supplies (from her father).

Ignore the watermark. :)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

BellaVita

Awesomesauce

Accepted.
Be sure to post your brief story though.

persephone325

I will. Just not feeling very well at the moment.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

CurvyKitten

Oh color me interested, what are you wanting? I have an idea for a more lone native, but I can work with what ever.

Awesomesauce

Whatever you have in mind is fine.
Try to encourage a few males to join though, please. If you can , I mean.

persephone325

I don't know.

Awesomesauce

persephone325

I don't know.

RipTide

I can work on making a male native character if that's alright! I know we need some men. :)

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

CurvyKitten

Character Sheet
Name: Kristina Imari Devora

Gender and Orientation: Female, straight bi curious

Native or Survivor : Native

Occupation: General help in the tribes of the island. Maintains the river aqueducts that gets water to the village.

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.):
Building from her father he was an architect and taught her how to build a strong home and other things. Her father started using this skill to help the villages. Get clean water, fortify their homes against the weather and so forth. Kris continues doing this as well.

Skilled fighter ( more speed and agility then strength.) and hunter(hunting with bow and arrow) due to the training she got growing up from her father and a few villagers that they really befriended. She has amazing skill with archery.

Climbing and swing through the jungle, she grew up climbing before she could walk. So it wasn't strange to see she took to staying up in the trees like it was second nature.

Working with animals, for some reason Kris seems to be at ease and able to handle being confronted by the animals on the island. A skill they say came from her mother who was a veterinarian for her regular job but her love was really music.

Singing and playing her mothers cello, though she hasn't played it since her father past. But it has been said that when her or her mother played the the music and the emotion behind it could be heard all over the island.

Physical description:
More Kris

Personality:
Kris is known for her kind hearted nature towards many of the villagers specially the children. Her father always said she had her mothers smile, it light up the world around her. Even with living off on her own she still visits the villages on the island. Trading with them, learning from them, becoming friends with them. She is a survivor, and almost more at home when she is high above the ground. When nearing her home it is indeed smart to look up. Passionate and expressive, she is the type of girl to stand in the rain because she loves the way it feels. Leary of strangers, but those don't happen to often so it isn't something someone see's often. It isn't seen often but Kris has a temper, when finally pushed to where she is angry well they do say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. That was seen once when she had to fight against one of the males that was certain he had rights to her once she was of age. Needless to say, she let him know he wasn't whom she wanted and he'd never have her. Some things in life you had to earn and she was one of them.

Brief History:

Kris was born on the island months after her mother and father's ship crashed on the rocky shores. Her father Nick an world known architect, had decided to sale to the new home he had just finished building for his wife and their soon to be born child. Now normally this would have been fine and he and Amy would have gotten to their new home no problem. Both practiced sailors they thought nothing could shake them. But a huge storm came, one unlike any in the past few years. And tossed their ship every which way, causing it to crash on the shores of a long forgotten island.

At first it was hard, they were so scared that they had lost the baby. So lost and unsure of what to do, or how to survive. Nick did the best he could, but they wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for the islanders that showed up. At first a young boy spotted Nick getting to close to the village, apparently that boy went and told the elders. And soon they came to see what the arrivals were up to. Upon watching the for a while they saw how much trouble they were having. And that the woman was in need of a great deal of help. Seeing how hard the man was trying for the woman. And what he was building even with having to do it with himself. They looked to him with respect, and decided to help them.

Showing themselves finally they came to the young couples aid. Taking them to their village to truly help the woman. They were scared that the child had been lost. The healer said that it hadn't it was just a little lost. Those that were touched my spirits often got lost before they were able to find their way. The couple was confused, but they would try anything to keep their child safe. After two days of being with the healers Nick was finally allowed back into the hut. And Amy happily let his hand come to her stomach to feel their as the healer said little girl kick.

From then on Nick and Amy made friends with those at the village. Building their own house not far from the village itself closer to the river. They built there to monitor and help get water to the villagers. Her father building a working river way straight to the village center. They helped build up and fortify the village houses. Learned how to hunt, work the soil, and survive from the villagers. Her mother learning and teaching how to deal with the animals, helping the healers learn some new as she learned some old. It seemed despite the harsh arrival they had found a place they could still call home. And 5 months later little Kristina was born.

The small blonde haired blue eyed baby made everything her parents had been through worth it. There was nothing more they could want. Kris grew up happy, and full of life and energy. Her curiosity getting her into a few close calls, once she was bit by a snake. And had to fight for her life, but the healers had faith that she was strong enough to come back. She had after all done it once before. A few bumps and bruises a broken arm after a fall from one of her climbing trials. And once she was attacked by one of the renegades of the island. Thinking that when she was 18 that she was old enough to claim as his. Trying to take her away and rape her she fought against him, and thankfully due to the fighting styles she had been taught from a few of the villagers and her ability to get above the ground. She was able to fight him off and get away after injury him. To this day she is still not sure where he ended up or if he is dead. Kris had no idea who found her, but she woke up in the healers hut. Once again fighting against death and winning.

But for the most part Kris grew up strong, nearly fearless, adventurous and just a bit wild. Growing up with connections to the villagers, seeing them as family as well. She learned how to play the cello from her mother, how to build with her hands from her father, and how to hunt, survive, and get around the woods from those in the village. She found herself thankful to have them once her mother died. She grew sick and past quietly in the night. Her father past only 6 months after that, it is still said it was from a broken heart. The day her father died was the last day Kris played the cello. No one knows why, but it is still missed. As the music used to sound through the jungle filling it with emotion and the beauty of it's music.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island : For some reason her mother cellos survived their arrival on the island, some of her fathers tools, a few odds and ends that made their house a home. Most notably the necklace she wears that used to belong to her mother. What ever they could salvage from the boat.

Their tree house

The changes from the pictures, the stairs sway as they are held up by ropes from the top, ropes that can be released to drop the stairs so no one can get up when they are not wanted. Ropes that can be dropped to drop from as well as an elevator that can be stopped by locking the weights in place. There is a turning mill wheel that seems to help provide water to the different area's of the tree house.

Awesomesauce

Approved, Curvy.

That's up to you, RipTide. I don't mind people having multiple characters, limit is two though.
Can't have two survivors though. Two natives are fine.

CurvyKitten

WOOT!

If anyone wants to work out links let me know. Kris may life away from the village but her family was very close with them. She learned a lot from them, was saved by them, and made friends with them. So let me know if you have any ideas.

BellaVita

With so many people, perhaps we should all use headers? Something like this:

[ floatleft][ img]http://IMG URL HERE[/img][/float]
Name:
Where:
Tagged/With:

Without the spaces there next to the floatleft and img. And you would have to size down the picture to a reasonable size. Photobucket can do this for you if you sign up.

It would help a lot if the Natives and Survivors are apart.

CurvyKitten

I used this one when I posted with Kris.

Name: Kristina
Tagging: Open

BellaVita

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 15, 2012, 06:42:33 PM
I used this one when I posted with Kris.

Name: Kristina
Tagging: Open

This is good too.. I would say they can do it any way they like, just as long as the info is there.

DS2K

Got room for another male??

Was thinking I can come in as Dyami (banished) brother if Kdyami doesn't mind
Or maybe an outsiders (modern day pirate/smugger)
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=26009">Profile On/Off List[/url]
---
                Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
                         Number 76:
            Every once in a while, declare peace,
          It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

Kdyami

Hmmm banished brother, what did we banish you for?   Both sound cool to me but you got to ask the OP
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

BellaVita

Quote from: DS2K on September 15, 2012, 07:01:38 PM
Got room for another male??

Was thinking I can come in as Dyami (banished) brother if Kdyami doesn't mind
Or maybe an outsiders (modern day pirate/smugger)

Like a banished tribe member?

CurvyKitten

Well I don't know what your looking for as a character. But there was a villager that attacked Kris in her BG. It would be all kinds of drama if it was Dyami's brother. It's up to you as I don't know what your character would be like. Just a suggestion you can pm me if you'd like.

Devilyn Sydhe

I've been looking for a group game to join, this looks interesting if you still have room, possibly for a native male

BellaVita

Devilyn Sydhe

Name: Sika
Gender and Orientation: Male, Heterosexual

Native or Survivor: Native

Noteworthy skills: Immense strength, experienced with blades, hunting spears, and an average fisherman, experimenting with animal trap making

Physical Description : Sika is a mountain of a male at nearly 6 ft 6in and built as if carved from the island's own granite, his massive frame covered in a web of tribal markings, primitive tattoos and scarrings, some of which being gifts from the chief for Sika's loyalty and bravery.  He has short black hair and piercing blue eyes which seem to reach into the center of any they become trained upon.  He can be surprisingly agile for his size, though he most often relies upon his strength and fearless nature when hunting prey, of any kind

Personality : Sika is quiet yet typically friendly, though he does have an overprotective streak when it comes to the chief's family and the tribe as a whole, one which might well find him untrusting of strangers coming to the island.  He also has an unspoken soft spot for Mae, having been raised near the leader's family to one day assist the tribe's protector, Dyami

Brief History: Sika was born on the island and his father died in a hunting accident when Sika was just a child, his mother found assistance from the chief and Sika was trained to be a hunter and warrior if ever necessary, this has caused him to feel a loyalty above all else to the chief and by extension his family.  His mother as well has now passed away, leaving Sika without any blood ties though he considers the tribe to be nearly equal to it.  Very recently, however, two girls from the tribe have gone missing, and rumor swirls that Sika was the last one to be seen with each of them (that last part I can take out, just thought it might provide a plot point)

Noteworthy Item: Sika was recently gifted a hunting spear made from the bones of a jungle cat which had been menacing the village, reward for tracking and killing the creature, its hide now hanging upon his hut's wall

Awesomesauce

Approved.

I like the headers idea.
Start using it, if you'd like.
What do you mean by 'Tagging' though? Pairing?