News:

Main Menu

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Started by Sabby, February 21, 2010, 10:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Noticing a handful of fans here on E ^^ its easily one of my favourite shows. Adore Carl.

Quote from: WikipediaAqua Teen Hunger Force (also known as ATHF) is an American animated television series shown on Cartoon Network as part of its Adult Swim late-night programming block, as well as Teletoon in Canada. It is one of three spin-offs of Adult Swim's. The Aqua Teens first made their appearance in an episode of Space Ghost: Coast to Coast entitled "Baffler Meal", where they looked and spoke very differently than they do today.ATHF is one of the four original Williams Street series that premiered on December 30, 2000 before Adult Swim officially debuted (the others were Sealab 2021, The Brak Show, and Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law). ATHF is the longest running original series on the network.[2] In 2007, an ATHF movie, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters, was released in 877 selected theaters throughout the United States. Another movie is planned for 2011, to be called Death Fighter.[3] The series has been cited as an example of postmodern humor.[4][5]

The show is about the adventures of three anthropomorphic fast food items and their next-door neighbor in suburban New Jersey. The original crime-solving premise of the show was abandoned early. (In "Robositter," when Shake refers to them being detectives, Frylock states that the Hunger Force "hasn't detected anything in three years.") The episodes usually involve the characters being visited by a wide variety of strange monsters, most of which are of little power or consequence. The show features surreal and often morbid humor. An initially structured plot is often abandoned as characters' actions take the story far afield. Little continuity exists between episodes: regularly appearing characters frequently die in an episode, only to appear alive and well in the next. Since its release, it has developed a cult following.

Plus, they introduced me to the best annerism ever for a used comdom. Coney Island White Fish! xD

Goss

I own this shirt. Needless to say I haven't worn it in public.  :P

I enjoyed the first season but the newer ones just don't seem as good.

Sabby

Is that the same shirt Shake keep firing from the window so he doesn't need to get a job?

Doomsday

Travis: I rule you!
Meatwad: Frylock! He says he rules us!
Frylock: That's it, Mister! Time out for you!
Travis: Oh, damn!
Frylock: What did I just hear you say?
Meatwad: I heard him, he said "damn", damn it. Only adults like us are allowed to say damn, bitch, ass and hell. So get your hellin' damnin' ass back in that bitchin' damn room, damn it! (Sees Frylock angry) What? Damn! I was just helping you out bitch! (In Time Out with Travis) You shouldn't mouth off like that.

Sabby

Mooninites are pretty quotable, but I prefered the Frat Aliens... too bad they only got one good ep for them.

By the way, I spent 10 days living with a bunch of pot heads, and ATHF was on loop. Literally, on loop... I've heard "Yah hell yes! Ve are barbecueing aren't ve not?" quoted so much its not even funny xD

Wolfy

Oh no, the water is infected! D: WITH FIRE! *boom*

Sabby

Heh, I mention secretly bicurious fish alien frats, and in comes my favourite secretly bicurious anthro xD *impersonates Carl* Like CLOCKWORK! HeheHAH!

Wolfy

Damn it Sabby! D: I'm a man! I ain't no bicurious! I'm a man's man! *walks off like Meatwad*

Sabby

Look at the way he rolls... juust like a woman.

Inkidu

"I knew we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a shit."

Frylock in the episode where they clone one-dollar bills.

Meatwad: "Oh, yeah. I met Jerry and we had a good 'ole time. He took me out for Christmas."
Shake: "Christmas?"
Meatwas: "Yeah, triple Xmas if you know what I'm saying."
Shake: "Give me that sandwich!"

Frylock: "Did you guys really get along?"
Meatwad: "Hell no, that guy tried to kill me with an axe!"
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

I've always wondered what makes Shake so awesome... I think its how he lies under pressure. I mean, he's a chronic, but unconvincing liar, and he does it so effortlessly xD he just keeps digging himself deeper.

Doomsday

Quote from: Inkidu on February 27, 2010, 04:53:58 PM
"I knew we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a shit."

Frylock in the episode where they clone one-dollar bills.

Meatwad: "Oh, yeah. I met Jerry and we had a good 'ole time. He took me out for Christmas."
Shake: "Christmas?"
Meatwas: "Yeah, triple Xmas if you know what I'm saying."
Shake: "Give me that sandwich!"

Frylock: "Did you guys really get along?"
Meatwad: "Hell no, that guy tried to kill me with an axe!"

LOL! I love the Broodwich episode. "Allllright, congratulations! I know I that said the last one was it, but THAT was the last temptation of the Broodwich! You passed again! You're something else!"

"Yes, I am! What do I win now?"

"Free brain surgery!"

"NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, BABY! Hey, wait a minute..."

Sabby

"Your perfect for this job, you like people"

"Man, how many times I gotta tell you, I don't like people, I like the liquid in people! I eat people juice man! Ain't no one guna hire a people juice eater!"

Doomsday

Haha, love MC Pee Pants and all of his later incarnations :P

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - MC Pee Pants Part 2

"Look man, people totally misunderstand me. I rap about life on the streets. I don't advocate demons, man, come on, where you getting that schnizz-no?"

Wolfy

"MondaytuesdaywednesdaythursdayfridaysaturdaysundayMondaytuesdaywednes..."

:P

Sabby

He's clearly a parody of 2Pac.

Inkidu

"Super Chicken!"

One of my all time favorites is the Clown Virus episode.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Doomsday

Quote from: Wolfy on February 28, 2010, 11:35:49 AM
"MondaytuesdaywednesdaythursdayfridaysaturdaysundayMondaytuesdaywednes..."

:P

Inignokt: Who's got a rad name?
    Cybernetic Ghost: Giglioranasoniphonican.
    Wisdom Cube: Super Fun.. Super Awesome Villains Forever.
    Cybernetic Ghost: Wait... Um... Giglioranananomicom!
    Err: Bon Scott.
    Major Shake: No...that sucks.
    Err: Banner Thomas.
    Major Shake: The Evil Gang of 11.
    Wisdom Cube: Super Awesome Villians Forever! That's mine! Hey!
    Mothmonsterman: How about the Midnighters?
    Major Shake: Illin...the Illin Villians.
    Mothmonsterman: You know, we're out at night...
    Ol' Drippy: How about Got Villians?
    Mothmonsterman: Nasty Midnighters.
    Rabbot: Monday Tuesday Wednesday-
    [Cybernetic Ghost joins in]
    Rabbot & Cybernetic Ghost: Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday...
    Inignokt: Typical. Robots.
    Err: I kinda like that name. It's identifiable.

Giglioranasoniphonican is probably my favorite :P

Sabby

I had a friend who was Err given life... he's in jail now.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on March 01, 2010, 05:13:57 AM
I had a friend who was Err given life... he's in jail now.
Fear the mighty quad-laser!

Sabby

The explosion will be of extroardinary magnitude!

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on March 01, 2010, 08:29:32 PM
The explosion will be of extroardinary magnitude!
Don't forget their radioactive bill. I love that episode.

Sabby

A bill-WHY are we trying to cash a bill?!

Wolfy

I dunno man, I tried to tell you it was a bill, but you wouldn't listen.

Sabby

I loved the Christmas special!! Shake getting them kicked out of Church had me in stitches xD hahaha. "I can understand getting drunk enough for ONE nail... but you'd think after that, he'd move outta the way!! Are we revering him for his SLOW REACTION TIMES?!?!"