Interest check-Anime (Rufren Mayata)

Started by Ramael, February 24, 2010, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

I think the idea is to think of the different universes listed as a bunch of different sources of inspiration, rather than some specific crossover scenario. ^^;

Ramael

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 26, 2010, 02:17:14 PM
I think the idea is to think of the different universes listed as a bunch of different sources of inspiration, rather than some specific crossover scenario. ^^;

Took the words outta my mouth. Thanks.

And guns...well we all know guns are just Freudian replacements for cocks. I like to think we here prefer the correct use of the real thing.  >:)
They're also banal, boring..."I set up my high-calibre sniper rifle on the hill overlooking my opponent, take aim at his head and fire."

No conflict, no dramatic interaction, no passion, dull, dull, dull.

No guns in Inuyasha, Naruto, Samurai Champloo, Gintama or Spirited Away, and they seem to get along fine. Even the best fights in Evangelion happened minus them.

You can still make a Bebop-esque, smoking, open-shirted, cool bounty-hunter character without a gun. Crossbows, a belt of throwing knives, bolas,shuriken, and that's even before we get onto magic...

Pristine Katalyst

Quote from: Ramael on February 26, 2010, 03:02:40 PM
Took the words outta my mouth. Thanks.

And guns...well we all know guns are just Freudian replacements for cocks. I like to think we here prefer the correct use of the real thing.  >:)
They're also banal, boring..."I set up my high-calibre sniper rifle on the hill overlooking my opponent, take aim at his head and fire."

No conflict, no dramatic interaction, no passion, dull, dull, dull.

No guns in Inuyasha, Naruto, Samurai Champloo, Gintama or Spirited Away, and they seem to get along fine. Even the best fights in Evangelion happened minus them.

You can still make a Bebop-esque, smoking, open-shirted, cool bounty-hunter character without a gun. Crossbows, a belt of throwing knives, bolas,shuriken, and that's even before we get onto magic...

Aw, thats too bad. The character I was interested in setting down in this world uses an old 9mm... very Trigun/Cowboy Bebop. Actually, Haven and Ren are both bounty hunters, but again, Haven is very much a gun man. Oh well. It's definitely an interesting concept, and maybe I'll fall off the gun wagon later and see if it's still open. xD Thanks for the info.
O/O's & A/A's  5/3/10-updated!! Please read.

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

Kunoichi

...What about John Woo-style gun fu? ^^;

Vampricprincessty

I love Inuyasha and Hitman reborn. I am also into Clannad right now and Vampire Knight. I would love to be a part of this but I have no idea what kind of character to play. Oh yea...Bleach too. I doubt I could roll up elements of my favorite characters into one. OOOH! I don't know. This does sound like a  lot of fun though.  I am at a lost..... :P

Ramael

Quote from: Vampricprincessty on February 27, 2010, 12:47:58 AM
I love Inuyasha and Hitman reborn. I am also into Clannad right now and Vampire Knight. I would love to be a part of this but I have no idea what kind of character to play. Oh yea...Bleach too. I doubt I could roll up elements of my favorite characters into one. OOOH! I don't know. This does sound like a  lot of fun though.  I am at a lost..... :P

You can do it! We believe in you.

Have a crack at the character sheet, and if you don't like it, we can tweak it till you're happy. We have a while yet before I set up the RP thread.

Vampricprincessty

Name: Mayu
Race: Half Demon
Appearance:
Her human appearance:
Equipment: A sword she inherited from her father.
History: She is the daughter of a great demon Lee Gong. Unforuately she never met him for he died soon after her birth. He had two kids. Meaning she has a older brother somewhere. She barely remembers him but she does remember one thing. He was vampire. Her father must have had some weird sex partners to make the two kids he did. Anyway, she searches for brother. Wondering why he left her the way he did. Nothing is going to stop her from finding him.
Personality: Aggrestive, Reckless, short temper
Powers: Claws: Her claws have a poison in them. Which she uses when fighting otherwise her claws are harmless.  Sword: The sword Tangasu has many abilties but she has not mastered any of them yet. Also on the nights of a full moon, she loses her demon powers. She is only a half demon after all so she hides out on these nights. Not wanting anyone to see her human side. Then, if some power is strong enough she loses herself. Becoming a full demon but not able to control herself. Thus going on a killing spree.
Alignment: Most would see her as evil for her demon side but she is not. All she wants at the moment is to find her brother.

Kunoichi

Ramael

Indeed it is! Lee Gong sounds an interesting character history to explore...

Great stuff, I have edited my original post to include definate characters.

Still looking for more players, and once we have a couple more, I will use everyone's details to create a firmer plot/history/world setting, then get the RP up.

Question-does anyone have any objections if I play a character? I was gonna stay out if we were overwhelmed by interest, but if it stays under five I might make a char.

Kunoichi

I think you probably should make a character, since this RP doesn't seem to be getting much interest. ^^; Freeform roleplaying isn't like D&D, where you need a GM, or something...

Vampricprincessty

Thanks. ^^ I am glad you all like it. Anyway, I think you should too. It will be more fun that way. 

Pristine Katalyst

Dammit, her hair is orange. Okay, I can work with that... Why I thought it was blonde is beyond me... lol (sounds random, I know, but  Vampricprincessty should get it. xD)

You should definitely make a character Ramael... it would be really nice to RP with you! ^^

I've discussed a bit with Vampiricprincessty and decided to play Mayu's brother, the vampire. I already have a character with orange hair, too... I'll have to make him a vampire... I also have a character with red hair (following more along the lines of the first picture) and that one already is a vampire. I'd just have to rewrite his history...

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

Ramael

Glad to have you on board, Katalyst!

Sounds like a great idea you and Vampy have cooked up, I look forward to seeing it in action.

Well, due to overwhelming demand (:p) I'll have a character in the pipeline then...!

Pristine Katalyst

Yay! Princess are I are working my character out (sort of right now?) and I might have it up later tonight. ^^

Vampricprincessty

Yea, I am so ready to start this rp. So excited! *Giggles happily*

Kunoichi

It certainly seems like it's going to have some fun possibilities. ;D

Pristine Katalyst

definitely 100% agreed!!

update: because of a certain someone *glares at said person* I'm going to have to make the profile tomorrow. *goes off to bake a cake, grumbling under her breath*

Orochimaru

I think I am interested personally.

Ramael

Go for it and make a character, Oro.

Kukuku.

Think we're still waiting on Katalyst's profile as well?

Kunoichi

Pristine Katalyst

Finally! Sorry it took so long to get this up. I was sick and busy with various RL things.

Basics

Name: Toren (Ren) Nakamura
Age: appears in his mid twenties... but is actually centuries old.
Sexual Preference: Bisexual with a preference for women. Males aren't ruled out, just not sought out as eagerly.
Relationship Status: Eternal bachelor

Appearance

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160
Eyes: Red/brown with golden flecks (look amber sometimes)
Hair: blonde so bright it looks orange
Other: Well built, not stocky, just toned.

Personality

-drinking (can't eat, but can enjoy alcohol to a certain extent)
-blood
-cuteness
-horses (which strangely aren't bothered by him, however, predatory animals are.)
Dislikes:
-nags (of any sort)
-the color black
-his father
Strengths:
-heightened senses
-physical strength, speed, quicker healing
-common sense (knows how to survive)
-rakish charm
Weaknesses:
-direct sunlight
-silver weapons
-fire
-crying (male or female, doesn't matter. Just pleasepleaseplease don't cry.)
General Personality: Uncouth, somewhat intelligent, Toren tends to act first and ask questions later. He's a bright colors, rash decisions kind of guy, despite his many years of life, and tends to slip his way out of difficult situations with his extraordinary abilities.
Hopes/Dreams: Hopes to stay anonymous to his younger sister at all costs.
Fears: Mayu finding out what went down between father and son.

History

Family/friends: Just his sister. Many acquaintances, any friends have long since died, his mother, a succubus, as well.
General history: Toren was born a vampire, and grew up with the constant thirst for blood, therefore had it under control by the time he reached puberty. At twenty he stopped aging, and did a bit of traveling. In his travels, he found out something terrible and made a gargantuan mistake that led to his father's death, the details of which he holds close to his heart. Toren took up bounty hunting when he realized how good he would be at it. He exists in anonymity to keep his sister and the questions he knows she will ask at bay.

Ramael

Fantastique!

I have added your char prof to my original post.

As I said I would, I'd name our world after us...how does Rufren Mayata sound?!

Now we have half of our characters related, so I guess it would make sense to orient the RP at least slightly towards them, at least the in the first instance...maybe Toren knows that there is one possible link between him and his sister, and that lies with Rufio, and maybe Maya, against her better judgement, goes to Rufio because she has heard he's well "connected"...although they don't know it, they are headed for the same place. And maybe this place where Rufio has based himself is on Atanea's ancient homeland, only he doesn't have a clue and Ata only has the vaguest of ideas...

I'm just batting things around. Just initialising a bit of brainstorming before I put the thread up.

DigitLninja

I am in, I have a naruto based ninja that I have been wanting to put into a game... wish I had a good picture but I think I can get a good description going.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Ramael

A half elf, a half demon, a vampire, a wannabe gangster and a ninja.

If you can get even a half-decent pic that would work too, Digi.

How does this ninja fit in with Rufren Mayata?

DigitLninja

um... what do you mean, as in how did he end up in this cross universe?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*