The Trading Post - OOC ...... ( Open to All )

Started by Sasha, June 18, 2011, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

Trading Post OOC ....Character Sheets ... Game Discussion .

Game Thread : To be used for the IC portion of the game ....(Post character below )

Game Overview - Starting Point  :

The Trading Post exists in a realm that time has basically forgotten and is not held by the restraint of it ...those that find themselves standing outside this building may have stepped back into the past , others into the future . A slight confusion might exist at first in the minds of those that had been transported here . Some wake up in a slight fog and the only building in sight seems to be the Trading post . For those that move to explore the outer reaches they do so only to come full circle back to the very same store front that beckons their mind to enter in. Others seem to just have stepped out of a situation they were in and appear here out of the fog ...either way they are on foot dressed in the same clothes they were in and nothing with them except  what they were carrying.

The proprietor is rather unknown really but each is greeted by an individual that one knows down deep that something  magical exists about them.  Odd the store is called a trading post for inside a cozy fireplace with a seating arrangement exists for those to take a load off to rest. The smells of the kitchen always seemingly to greet the newcomer and the exact thing they crave seems to always be on the menu to sooth any hunger that might arise . For those with a bit of trouble in deciding what it is they have come here for exactly a room is made ready for their extended stay in the back .

However , once an individual determines what it is that they truly desire is ...the item appears in the shop with their name on it . Sometimes it is a potion to drink , a box of chocolates , a beautiful stone that only needs rubbed or an item to wear back into the realm in which they came from . For everyone it is a little different for what is traded in exchange requires a bit of thought and each is explained to some degree , course return visits are rare but sometimes do happen .

Pity that one can not realize what it is they truly desire the first time round and as with all things in life the stakes of getting it now raise . To date no one has been turned away or left empty handed ...though there is the option to decline the gift offered and be returned as we say no harm , no foul without a remembrance of the place .

Please keep in mind this section is PG13 ...all text should conform to that level.

This game is open to all new applicants and members .....you may start by posting your entrance here , giving a little detail of where you came from and maybe a touch of the circumstances that brought you here . Add a picture of your character if you like and or give a descriptive detail so all playing can get a feel for them.

A Trading Post OOC .....is put up where one can ask questions since this is open to applicants and members alike to enjoy. You may post a character profile in there and or discuss things with others playing the game at the same time.

NOTE : Your Welcome to enter the trading post as your own id persona .....for example I could enter as Sasha , or her evil twin .

Character Profile : ( Not required but does make things easier )

Character Name :
Character Age :
Time period Character came from: (Middle Ages, Victorian, Wild West, Roaring 20's, the 60's, 80's, Modern, Future-year ......a few examples anyways)

What the character desires : ( This will need to be filled in if your a new applicant , if a member you do have the option of sending this to me in a private pm or filling this out .  If you like to hold up on filling it out due to your character not quite knowing that is fine as well . It can be added later - I aim to please anyways )

Character Appearance :  ( Can add a picture if you like , Otherwise paint me a picture and bring the character to life .)

Character Vibe/ Personality : ( How do others perceive him , what is apparent - how does he or she act on the outside . Give a few descriptive words to sum him up .  Example ,  Rough - Loner , Aged ...with eyes dark as night that bore into you . )

Character Background : ( Give a little detail of this character's past , a brief overview snapshot is all that is needed )

As the Game Progresses ....

You maybe required to roll the dice ...for which we will be using the [ Dice Bot] at the top of the screen . Details will be given at the bottom of the proprietors post when this needs to occur . If you have any troubles - please post in the Trading Post OOC ...and we will get right on aiding you.  Here is a wonderful tutorial that works through the ins and outs of using the roller .

Interested  in playing ....post below if new applicant or member. If your a member you may also send me a PM .

johnny5

Name: Marty "The Nickle" Spinelli
Time Period: The Roaring 20's
Character's Desire: Money and lots of it.
Character Appearance:
Character Vibe/Personalty: Cold and Determined, willing to do what ever it takes to get what he wants.
Character Background: Marty grew up poor in the working slums of New York, living in the shadow of the bright light's and excess of the 20's he learned quickly that money was power.  Marty worked his way up through the "business" currently hes an enforcer for a lesser known rumrunner.

Knightfox

Name: Kitsune
Time period: The dying days of Feudal Japan
His Desire: An end to the constant fighting he endures, to return to his homeland and his family, and to forget the memories of the countless numbers that have fallen to his blades
Personality: Quiet and unassuming, Kitsune is a troubled warrior, peaceful by nature yet tenacious and deadly in battle. In his home village, he was well known for his optimism and good humour, but these have left him during the years of conflict, and he is now a cynical and cold fox, the last remnants of his old self barely visible behind his steely eyes and tight lips.  His trust is hard earnt, his friendship even more so.
You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me.  Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded

Sasha

Ohhhhh nice .....I have some visitors .....kisses you both .

A Trouble boy ....tsk tsk .....they are always fun .  Oh and a troubled warrior ....sweet . 

Skips over to the IC thread , so excited .

kobrakid92

Character Name : Tyler Rancid
Character Age : 23
Time period Character came from: Mid 80's

What the character desires : He's not entirely sure what he wants exactly yet.
Character Appearance : He wears black converse and wears shredded blue jeans.
Character Vibe/ Personality : Just by looking at him people don't like him and think hes up to no good. Hes bluntly honest when he speaks, quiet, short tempered.

Character Background : Tyler grew up during possibly the most hectic time in American culture. He grew up in New York to a set of parents that were "old fashioned". During his teen years in the 70's he fell in love with the punk scene. Due to his choices based around it his parents disowned him so he left home and hit the streets. He never went back and stayed with the punks.

Sasha

Welcome .....kobrakid92

Nice character .....giggles . Look out here comes someone from the 80's into the mix ..and a rocker too . This game is going to get interesting .  Making my day anyways .

Hope your day is well .

Sasha

effervescent

Character Name :  Elizabeth Price
Character Age : 27
Time period Character came from: 1950’s

What the character desires : She desires wealth so she can live life without needing a man.

Character Appearance : 

Character Vibe/ Personality : Men are naturally drawn to her because of her unique beauty. She sometimes acts dimwitted in order to get what she wants out of men and also to get herself out of sticky situations. She is also used to getting what she wants out of life except what she craves most, her own personal independence and unfortunately that takes a lot of green.

Character Background : Her father died a war hero, leaving her fatherless. Her mother went from man to man trying to find someone to replace the void. Her mother was the one who taught Elizabeth at a young age that you need a man for everything. Elizabeth never truly believed that but she knew that being a woman meant you usually needed a man. Elizabeth is a very wanted woman, because of this she found herself never marrying. She works as a secretary to an advertising company and is trying to work her way up in the world. It takes a lot of batting eyelashes, leg showing, and careful tactics.

Sasha

Welcome ....effervescent ,

Wonderful character ....love the pic as well .  Got to love her desire as well ...don't we all .  Giggles .

Look forward to playing the game with you . 

Hugs ,

Sasha

Sasha

Will resume posting once I get a few things settled in .....took a little time off for the 4th of July Holiday .

Smiles ......hope all that celebrated enjoyed.

Sasha

Sasha

effervescent ...please feel free to post for Elizabeth in conversation with Asmar the night before if you wish to ask any more questions . You are also welcome to move to your room then and of course at your pace join the others for breakfast .  Smiles ...I am not trying to rush you in any way .

Knightfox ...I have Eve entering Kitsune's  his bedchambers in the morning to serve breakfast so they might have a chance to talk .

I have not forgotten about Tyler or Marty either as a full course buffet is available for both to enjoy . Giving them an opportunity to chat together as well .

Hopefully this is acceptable with all .

Sasha

Sasha

Sorry for the delay in posting ....as family arrived and a few other things drew me away from E for awhile .

I appreciate your patience ...but I have a post up now to move things along .

Hope everyone is having a great day .

Hugs ,

Sasha

Jeffrey

Character Name : Archibald Drake Montgomery, Jr.

Character Age : 33 years old

Time period Character came from: The date is June 30th, 1942, twenty four days after D-day, when allied forces in WWII stormed Normandy Beach to open a second front in Europe to defeat the German occupation of France and push Nazi forces back to their home ground.

What the character desires : In the melee of the invasion at Normandy on June 6th, 1942, Archie, lost a gold locket on a gold chain that had his wife's photo in it. He has kept the locket that Faith gave him before he deployed three years ago, to keep her with him at all times. It was the only possession he had with him that meant anything to him. The photo of Faith, has kept him from losing all hope that the world will someday go back to normal. He needs it back.

Character Appearance:

Character Vibe/ Personality : Archie is weary. Emotionally and physically drained by the war he has now been a part of for the better part of three years.  He misses his wife to the core of his soul, he just wants to go home to her.  Sometimes he can't remember what life was like before Hitler laid siege on Europe. He is a quiet man by nature. Intelligent and pensive, cautious, which has served him and his men as well as it can in the face of madness, where your daily survival is tenuous at best.

Character Background :

Archibald (Archie) Drake Montgomery, Jr. was born February 2, 1913.  He is third generation to be raised in Decatur, Georgia to parents Vivienne and Archibald Montgomery, Sr., both now deceased.  He was an only child.  His schooling was at Decatur Elementary School, then Decatur High School where he was an excellent student and played on the baseball team, he made his parents very proud. Archie went to Vanderbilt University in Tennessee, his father's Alma mater, where he graduated with honors with a degree in business and accounting. Archie settled back in Decatur after college, became a CPA, and married his High School sweetheart, Faith Paxton.

Archie enlisted in the army on July 5th, 1941.  Conscription was in full tilt and the choices were enlist or be enlisted.  If he enlisted, he could be recommended for officer training school because of his college degree and possibly end up with a desk job instead of in combat.  As fate would have it, that was merely wishful thinking. He was sent to basic training on August  25th, 1941 at Fort Belvoir, in Virginia. Then was sent to Officers' Candidate School at Miami Beach, Florida and graduated as a Captain and spent the next two years training for D-day in England.

Currently, Archie, is a Captain in the 29th Infantry Division, also known as the Blue and Grey from the division's inception with soldiers from both sides of the Civil War, and in command of  Bravo company.  Bravo Company started out with one hundred and forty three soldiers as they hit the beach for Operation Neptune, they are now down to thirty seven men. Seventy two of his company were casualties of D-day, the other twenty nine were injured and sent back to Britain to heal well enough to either return or be sent home to the States. An additional five have been lost to ambushes and land mines.

Archie and Faith have been married for eight years and are childless. In the time that Archie has been in Europe, Faith took a job as a welder in the Willow Run Aircraft Factory, 'everyone has to do their part', she would say, if you asked her. They haven't seen each other since the Christmas of 1942.  All Archie wants is to get home in one piece to his wife, and as he would say, 'everything else is just details.'

O's and O's / A's and A's / Current Stories / Story Ideas / Posting Updates
Currently my post response time is ridiculously slow and I'm just lucky I have partners who are so understanding

Sasha

Character Name : Archibald Drake Montgomery, Jr.

Character Age : 33 years old

Character Approved .....feel free to enter your first post arriving at the trading post ....nicely done character sheet by the way . Look forward to the interactions ...the mix of characters already there might become quite interesting with this war torn addition.

Smiles ,

Sasha

Haloriel

Character Profile

Character Name: Lady(by courtesy) Almeria Pembroke.
Character Age: Twenty-two.
Time period Character came from: Georgian Period -- 1714 to 1820

What the character desires: Almeria is a young woman, daughter to an English earl of modest means for the period.  She had been travelling to Bath for the visiting of relatives when her conveyance came under attack by brigands on the road.  She chiefly wishes to return to safety.

Character Appearance:

Almeria is a taller woman, standing to nine inches above five feet.  She has a willowy appearance, and her black hair holds a curl.  It is generally piled up in an elegant coiffure, at times powdered, and others not.  She dislikes the current fashion of wigs, and declines to wear them.  Her gowns are usually of soft pastels or the rare jewel tone, favoured colours being blue, and green.  Golden hazel eyes are a striking feature in her often smiling face, and her lips are never painted; she neither prefers the habit of using face patches(think false moles shaped like hearts and the like).

Character Vibe/ Personality: Almeria is of pleasant demeanor, with a politeness expected of a woman born to a noble house.  She has a witty manner and a rare intelligence that would perhaps give her the markings of an 'original', tending to think before speaking, unless overwhelmed with emotion.

Character Background: Lady Almeria Pembroke is the daughter of an earl, as mentioned above, being the third of his children, and only daughter.  Her mother died at her birth, and she has lived a life entirely of comfort until the strange events that brought her to the Trading Post.

Sasha

Character Name: Lady(by courtesy) Almeria Pembroke.
Character Age: Twenty-two.

Approved ....feel free to post your entrance in the game thread . Will be interesting the reaction this one causes ...giggles .

Any Questions can be put in this thread if you wish .

Welcome to the Trading Post , Haloriel , look forward to your first post .

Sasha

Sasha

Sorry for the delay in my posting ....was trying to allow for the others to post if they wished to before continuing .

Congrats on your approval - Haloriel.

I will be looking for a pic of a nice room ...now to accommodate such a lady.

Haloriel

Thank you, Sasha!  And no worries. I assumed you would come back to it soon enough. :D

oxloloxo

Character Name : Hazel

Character Age : 19

Character's Era : Victorian

Character's Desire : To be with the man she truly loves rather than her intolerable husband Lord Hethering

Character's Appearence :

Although with hair like this :   

Character's Vibe : Silent, Stubborn and Snobby

Character's Background : Hazel grew up in an upper class Victorian family where she had a nanny and a maid to call her own, Molly and Eva respectively. She does not get on with her parents. Her father: Samuel is a kind man but too involved with business and has no back bone when it comes to Hazel's Mother, Opal. Hazel grew up in love with her nanny's son, James yet was forces by her Mother to marry Lord Hethering whom she hates with a fiery passion.
If you need me and I'm not online pm me, it gets sent straight to my phone and I'll be on asap

Haloriel

Oh, neat, Oxlo!  Your character is about a century beyond mine! :D

oxloloxo

Personal favourite era :D

What do you like about the Georgians?
If you need me and I'm not online pm me, it gets sent straight to my phone and I'll be on asap

Haloriel

I love the attire most of all.  And the cultural period from 1714 forward intrigues me.  Gothic Revival architecture - literature most especially beyond the fashion.  I love Mary Shelley's Frankenstein so very, very much.  And Robert Burns was arguably one of the best poets ever known.  >.> ... So much I could name that I love about that era, truly.  I like the Victorian period very much also, but it is really the Georgian that just does it for me.  Music ... music so much.  ~kermit arms~

oxloloxo

Haha kermit arms. Made me laugh cause in my head I visualised it :P

Haloriel

Sasha

Character Name : Hazel
Played by : oxloloxo

Character accepted ....go ahead and proceed with your intro post into the main game thread .

Note : Currently dealing with a death of a close friend of the family ....I will be posting as soon as I can . Welcome to the game .

Haloriel

You have my sincere condolences, Sasha.  I hope all will be well with you.