BREEDERS (Recruiting for next round and side plots only)

Started by lore, January 30, 2014, 02:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lore

APPLICATIONS FOR THE FIRST PLOT THREAD ARE CLOSED

You may continue to submit apps, but these characters will only be able to participate in side plots until the next plot thread goes up around the begining of March.

OOC THREAD

INFO AND ACCEPTED APPS

B  R  E  E  D  E  R  S

*impregnation will not be required or even a main focus of the role play

A gritty, dark, heavy on realism sci-fi.

Humanity was facing it's own extinction. The Chimera virus was poised to destroy us within a generation, but the inoculation designed to deliver our survival exacted an unanticipated toll. Male fertility dropped to an undisclosed, but desastrously small fraction of it's former rate. 

Nations, as we knew them, no longer exist. Rigid social divides remain etched deep among social classes even as populations dwindle worldwide. Rights vary greatly among them:

T H E  U N T O U C H A B L E 1%
Shareholder
A shareholder is only obliged to do so much work as they chose. Their ancestors cornered every market there was and ever will be. They can participate in running the executive seat tied to their name, or hire an elite to act as a consigliere. A shareholder does not have employment other than managing whatever shares he or she may have.

A fertile male shareholder is authorized to take any lower class woman of legal age however he sees fit. There are rumors that the number of fertile Shareholder men is skewed due to counterfeited permits/medical testing. Character types available for play: [fertile male shareholder][sterile male shareholder with counterfeit fertile status] [sterile/fertile male shareholder with a seat on the C-Corp board of directors and ambitions of becoming the new CEO]

Female shareholders have their pick of the breeders, can see them as they see fit, and can choose to "sponsor" the same or a different chattel breeder every month, providing him luxury accommodations and making him exclusively available for her use. Character types available for play: [female shareholder with T-7 suite] [female shareholder with a seat on the C-Corp board of directors and ambitions of becoming the new CEO]

T H E  E L I T E 19%
Citizen
There is a measure of variety among the Citizens. They fulfill white collar, managerial, and academic positions. They live comfortably, owning their own homes, but the fruits of their labor are signed away to their shareholder employers who have rights to all they create. The best an elite can hope for is to become a consigliere, and in doing so receive a few shareholder perks (taking, suites). Example T-7 elite careers: R&D technician, physician, kitchen manager, priest 

Fertile male elites are expected to make themselves sexually available to women. Even if they marry, they will be drafted for a one month stay at a breeding tower once every 12-24 months and are paid the wages they would otherwise receive. Character types available for play: [fertile male elite assigned to T-7 for breeding*][sterile male elite in the employ of T-7] *It is recommended that even if your elite male is fertile, that he have a position at T-7

Citizen females are expected to see a breeder once a month at their peak fertility after they marry. They may be exempted from this duty should they meet specific criteria: unmarried, providing an essential service, deemed unfit for motherhood for health reasonsCharacter types available for play: [female elite assigned to T-7 for breeding*][Female elite in the employ of T-7] *It is recommended that she also be employed at T-7

T H E  C H A T T E L 80%

Chattel
Most work industrial, low pay/high risk jobs, but others may work service positions. They are born into and identified by their slums, which owned by shareholders. They may request certain jobs, but their duties are ultimately assigned by their shareholder's corporation. Should they work full time, they would make just enough to pay their shareholder rent. Most Chattel can't afford real food and sustain themselves on protein gruel provided by their slum. Chattel slums are violent, dirty, and crammed despite the population decline. Example T-7 jobs: cleaning staff, food service staff, guards

Working class chattel men are brought to the breeding tower where they are stripped of all rights and made to breed as many times as their handlers deem possible on a daily basis. A neo religious influence has squarely blamed science's intervention in the sanctity of life for the present plague crippling humanity. Fertilization must occur "naturally". Some chattel revel in the opportunity to fuck women from all social strata senseless all day, while other plead for their release and need to be restrained to fulfill their duties. Character types available for play: [fertile male chattel assigned to T-7 for breeding][Sterile male chattel employed at T-7]

Female chattel are expected to see a breeder once a month at their peak fertility. Chattel women raise their own children with their own families. Due to the chattel breeding laws, chattel babies are more numerous and not thought of as precious. Should she or her family not be able to provide for the child, the child will be made a ward and raised in government housing until it is old enough to enter the workforce. Character types available for play: [female chattel assigned to T-7 for breeding][female chattel employed at T-7]

P L O T

50 years have passed since the erection of the first Breeding tower, and to celebrate C-Corp is opening T-7, it's state of the art flagship Tower: bigger, bolder, and better. The suites are larger and more luxurious,  The Chattel accommodations more streamlined and sterile, and their R&D has promised a breakthrough on Fertility treatments within the next 15 years. C-Corp stock has never been so high. Some of the buzz surrounding gala opening of T-7 has been marred by rumors that birthrates are stabilizing. While C-Corp is quick to accredit their towers with any alleged stabilization, tiny pockets of underground dissidence over the necessity of breeding policies are beginning to stir. The social structures [shareholder, citizens, chattel] have been in place for ages, long before the fertility crises or the towers. Breeding programs existed before the towers, this was just the most recent step in their evolution.

The role of T-7 rebellion leader and CEO of C-Corp would begin in the hands of two cannon characters who will be up for grabs:

rebellion leader: A shadowy figure. No one knows his or her identity, but they have managed to gain access to classified Shareholder files, gain the trust of many fertile chattel, and leak information to the general public.

CEO of C-Corp: Amelie Camille Newly elected by the C-Corp board of directors, Amelie has everything to prove. T-7 is her baby and she'll be damned if anyone impedes it's success. Cold, calculating, brilliant, she is a force to be reckoned with. (Played by GM)

Should no one claim these characters, a new leader will rise and someone else will be voted in as CEO.

The success or failure of the rebellion will depend largely on the actions of the players.

A P P L I C A T I O N

PM your applications to lore. Do no post them.

P L A Y E R  N A M E

[float=left][img height=300 padding=8]PICTURE OF YOUR CHARACTER HERE. 300 PIXELS IN HEIGHT[/img][/float][b]Name[/b]: Last, first
[b]Age[/b]: Minimum age 21
[b]Sex[/b]: M/F – if someone is interested in a different gender, PM me
[b]Class[/b]: Shareholder, elite, chattel
[b]Fertility status[/b]: fertile, sterile
[b]Orientation[/b]: We accept all, but there is a very hetero-centric political climate
[b]Profession[/b]:

[b]Personality[/b]: three main traits, followed by a paragraph minimum. Two paragraphs max.

[b]Bio[/b]: Please, keep it to the necessary details. 

[b]Affiliation[/b]:  Rebellion, State (anti-rebellion), neutral and a couple sentences as to why

[b]Plot hopes[/b]: Why does your character hope to accomplish? Are you interested in writing with any particular type of character?

N E E D E D

-fertile male chattel
-female chattel

C H A R A C T E R  R E Q U E S T S

Requested for: Aisling Jamison
Characteristics: 1) A fertile male Shareholder. Her half-brother (via her father). Dominant, ambitious, perhaps wants to play cat-and-mouse with his deceptively eccentric and proper half-sister. Or 2) A fertile male breeder. One of her ex-trainees or someone new. Rebellious, troublesome, and trying to outsmart her by whatever means necessary.
Plots: 1) Upon moving to T7, Aisling runs into her half-brother at the Opening Gala. He takes a rather unnecessary amount of interest in her. Let the games begin. Or 2) Upon entering T7, Aisling is unsurprised to find a pile of work already awaiting her. What she is surprised by? The breeder giving her slightly murderous looks.
Play By(s): 1) This man, for the love of God please. Or 2) This lovely.
Other Notes: I'm pretty addicted to headgames, power struggles, and yes the whole idea of impregnation. A touch of romance is also appreciated, hold the fluff. If that sounds like your cup of tea, we'll get along well. If you'd prefer something fluffier (or more non-con) you might want to try someone else. :-)

Jasper Jones (0522T7). Soft spoken, soulful prophet. Caught orchestrating an escape at T-4 five years ago, Jasper was flagged for the longest stint in R&D in Tower history. Afterward, he was sponsored by Amelie Camille, who made R&D feel like a vacation. His battered, broken ,and scarred body was shipped back down to the chattel floors once she tired of him, complete with a vocal implant that deprived him of the ability to speak. What no one knows is that the chip short circuited a month ago. He has been carefully cultivating the loyalties of the chattel men, but who can he trust with his voice beyond his brothers?

Urbanzorro

Quite the interesting idea if I do say so myself.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Mtpersson

I like this idea...kinda like 'The Handmaid's Tale'.

lore

AribethAmkiir

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

lore

@AribethAmkiir - Plot, if any, would depend largely on what characters people want to play. I would want to see who people want to be, and tailor story around them. The direction of this game definitely depends on who people want to be.

I am torn between having a sandbox world where writers can bring characters in and take others out (so long as they aren't fertile male chattel) as they please with complete creative freedom and imposing more developed plots: rebellions, power plays, escapes, brutal crack downs etc.

I worry people would be bored and directionless with the former, and too restrained with the latter. Thoughts?

EDIT:

I am set on having the roleplay built around a single tower and those using and used in it. I am leaning toward providing a setting, as well as GM consequence posts (R&D details, promotions, etc) every week-month depending on the pace of the game.

Urbanzorro

You could do both, start things off rather sandboxy and as time passes implement different plot arcs. For instance there could be a point where quotas get upped. Or a conspiracy to free chattel level people gets set up/discovered, etc.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AribethAmkiir

I'm  interested in the later (plot driven story), and not interested in the sandbox game.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

ArtemisHighmore

Vill

Bookmarked...

I'm assuming a sterile elite male would be an available option to play?

lore

EDIT: that's what I get for posting first thing...

@Vill most definitely - though it would be required that that sterile elites have a position at the tower: R&D, physician, kitchen manager, priest etc

sterile shareholders are encouraged, as a fertile shareaholder would be a living unicorn.

It is recommended that he either be a shareholder in C-Corp (the corporation behind the Breeding Towers) and/or that he have a falsified fertility status record so as to be able to easily place himself in the Tower/role play.

-cooking up a brief plot as we speak-

EDIT

Plot added. Characters will be free to choose side or simply pursue their own interests

AribethAmkiir

Something I don't understand: if the whole point of society is to reproduce, why aren't children, born to any mother, being treated like a treasure? 

lore

Class is taken very seriously. A child birthed from two chattel parents will never be anything more then fuel for the workforce.

Chattel populations have dropped, but tenuously stabilized due to breeding laws. A small supply of fertile men can keep a stable stock of working class children as working class women are obliged to present themselves every month for breeding.

LeSane

I'm interested by this, but I have to ask. Would it be possible to be a guard that was once apart of the chattel men?
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

lore

@Scarification: Do you mean once a part of the fertile chattel men? Sure, if he was tested and found to be no longer fertile.

TheVillain

Yeah, that does seem like a bit of a plot hole. If babies in general are so rare, we'd probably take what we could get.

Leaning a scientist whose research was so integral to this system that he became a shareholder. He views this system as a necessary evil to prevent extinction, and knows just how low the fraction of men that are still fertile. The lower classes of men don't like him because he's head of the experiments, the lower classes of women don't like him because he has women brought up to his suite whenever his testosterone is above a certain level and bases his choice on who on a fertility algorithm, not caring about marital status or consent in the slightest.

Though on the plus side, he's the first to say that this system should be torn down immediately if his efforts to find a cure for the wide-spread sterility be found which he's putting a lot of effort into. He also hates men who cheat the system by forging fake fertility papers almost as much as the women who getting taken advantage of because of these papers do.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

AribethAmkiir

What portion of the male population is actually fertile?  10%?  1%?

LeSane

Yes that's what I meant. I was thinking he would be relieved he didn't have to endure such treatment anymore due to the conditions men of that class system face. But has to see both men and women still degrade themselves for humanity.  Eh I think he'd be a slippery slope when it comes to his feelings on the whole thing
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

TheVillain

I know when I did a similar premise I had it be "1 in 100,000 men can still get a woman pregnant - tops". But I didn't go the full towers and social classes stuff.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Mtpersson

Quote from: lore on January 31, 2014, 09:31:41 AM
Class is taken very seriously. A child birthed from two chattel parents will never be anything more then fuel for the workforce.

So say, a fertile chattel male impregnates a chattel female, that (male?) child would be brought up in the world. Would they then be tested at puberty for fertility? If they were sterile they would go into an industrial, low pay/high risk job whereas if they were fertile they would go to the tower and go to stud so to speak?

lore

I'm hesitant to put a % on the number of fertile men unless people feel it is absolutely necessary. I'll be honest here and say that I don't have the skills to set up population vs fertile% vs viable reproductive rates in a scientifically accurate way. If someone wants to come in as a volunteer statistician, please do. (this is in no way sarcastic)

To add to the "Plot hole" questions: The highest class involved in the production of a baby (mother or father) has first claim to any child produced, and obviously, they usually take it even if the other parent is chattel. Chattel + chattel = chattel, however. Always. There may be an exception to the rule, where a shareholder claims a child of a lower class, but this would be done surreptitiously. It is considered sacrilege.

QuoteSo say, a fertile chattel male impregnates a chattel female, that child would be brought up in the world. Would they then be tested at puberty for fertility? If they were sterile they would go into an industrial, low pay/high risk job whereas if they were fertile they would go to the tower and got to stud so to speak?

Great question, thanks. I was leaning toward a test that can be done directly after birth (either the mutated virus is present in you or it is not). Fertile chattel would be raised in boarding schools... but if they were that socially engineered from birth, I imagine getting them to rebel would be very challenging. For plot sake, a test performed at puberty would likely work better.

TheVillain

I suggest "so low that the few people who know it lie and and claim we don't actually know it as to not start a panic" for the official statistic. If your character is someone who would know, never actually say the number but look grim when talking about it.

Urbanzorro

I'm torn between playing a 'good guy' or a 'bad guy' lol.

*EDIT*
I agree with the undefined but BAD fertility percentage idea.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Loves

is there a feel for a certain type of female/male?

Meaning, is there a move for a "perfect race" going on behind the scene or just the general repopulating of the human race.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Mtpersson

Quote from: Loves on January 31, 2014, 10:17:33 AM
is there a feel for a certain type of female/male?

Meaning, is there a move for a "perfect race" going on behind the scene or just the general repopulating of the human race.

Maybe some see it as an opportunity to move towards a perfect race. Possible sub-plot?

AribethAmkiir

I'm no statistician, but here's what I've got:

well if it was 1 in 100,000 then you'd only have 10 in a million.  That alone would elevate the men to an elite status.  Far too rare and valuable to do barbaric tests, and too few to service every woman in the population.  That doesn't work for this game.

In the average population, you can assume about 25% are under the age of 15 - though this should be lower since the Chimera virus reduced births for a number of years.  On average, there's about as many men as there are women.

So, in a population of 1,000,000 you'd have about 250,000 people under 15, give or take, leaving an adult population of around 750,000.  Split in half, that 375,000 men. 

1% Fertility = 1 man for every 10 women.
.1% = 1 man for every 100,000 women

In a population of 1 million, with roughly 370,000 males there would be 375 fertile males at .1%.  At .5% you'd be looking at 1,850.

I would think .5% is your number.  1,850 isn't rare and valuable enough to avoid testing on the men, or keeping those who are "working class" as breeding stock - though I would suggest quarters that are slightly better than prison cells, they are, after all, important to the future of humanity and you don't want unnecessary deaths.    At 1,850 that leaves about 202 females per male, which again, I think probably works for the game.

Mtpersson

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 31, 2014, 10:34:11 AM
I'm no statistician, but here's what I've got:

well if it was 1 in 100,000 then you'd only have 10 in a million.  That alone would elevate the men to an elite status.  Far too rare and valuable to do barbaric tests, and too few to service every woman in the population.  That doesn't work for this game.

In the average population, you can assume about 25% are under the age of 15 - though this should be lower since the Chimera virus reduced births for a number of years.  On average, there's about as many men as there are women.

So, in a population of 1,000,000 you'd have about 250,000 people under 15, give or take, leaving an adult population of around 750,000.  Split in half, that 375,000 men. 

1% Fertility = 1 man for every 10 women.
.1% = 1 man for every 100,000 women

In a population of 1 million, with roughly 370,000 males there would be 375 fertile males at .1%.  At .5% you'd be looking at 1,850.

I would think .5% is your number.  1,850 isn't rare and valuable enough to avoid testing on the men, or keeping those who are "working class" as breeding stock - though I would suggest quarters that are slightly better than prison cells, they are, after all, important to the future of humanity and you don't want unnecessary deaths.    At 1,850 that leaves about 202 females per male, which again, I think probably works for the game.

So to break it down in terms of the social structures, for every 1 million people, you would 18/19 fertile shareholder men (1%), 350ish fertile elite men (19%), and almost 1500 fertile chattel men (80%)

Paladin101

I am interested in this roleplay. Not sure which level I'd want, probably Shareholder or male chattel. Leaning towards chattel.

lore

Whoa-hoh. Ask and ye shall receive.   ;D

FOR ALL THOSE NOT INTERESTED IN MATH. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE SCARY NUMBERS, AND FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THEM. NO ONE IN GAME IS AWARE OF THESE NUMBERS SAVE CERTAIN SHAREHOLDERS

Well of we take our 1500 fertile chattel men and divide it by 7, we're left with about 215 per tower. T-7 would yoink a few from the others, leaving it housing 250-300 fertile chattel men.

I would rather keep the cells. The only time spent there is sleeping, and they are still cleaner and of better quality an outside chattel could hope for. They are also easily sanitized and monitored. Fertile chattel men are not thought of as particularly special unless a shareholder takes an interest in them. Those with higher fertilization rates would also likely get certain privileges.

At his point, I think I feel comfortable enough with the level of interest to start working on an app. Please keep coming at me with feedback. As it seems we have a lot of sharp minds hanging around. I'll post a draft of the app here for input before posting a recruitment thread.

Quoteis there a feel for a certain type of female/male?

Not something I had considered. If someone wanted to make this the interest of their character, go for it, but I don't think it's the norm.

Mtpersson

Quote from: lore on January 31, 2014, 11:20:32 AM
Whoa-hoh. Ask and ye shall receive.   ;D

FOR ALL THOSE NOT INTERESTED IN MATH. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE SCARY NUMBERS, AND FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THEM. NO ONE IN GAME IS AWARE OF THESE NUMBERS SAVE CERTAIN SHAREHOLDERS

Well of we take our 1500 fertile chattel men and divide it by 7, we're left with about 215 per tower. T-7 would yoink a few from the others, leaving it housing 250-300 fertile chattel men.

I would rather keep the cells. The only time spent there is sleeping, and they are still cleaner and of better quality an outside chattel could hope for. They are also easily sanitized and monitored. Fertile chattel men are not thought of as particularly special unless a shareholder takes an interest in them. Those with higher fertilization rates would also likely get certain privileges.

At his point, I think I feel comfortable enough with the level of interest to start working on an app. Please keep coming at me with feedback. As it seems we have a lot of sharp minds hanging around. I'll post a draft of the app here for input before posting a recruitment thread.

The figures are per 1 million people so would increase depending on what the general population was.

lore

which is why I want to run with the "vague, but we have a feeling of how many are out there" feel at least on our end as writers. 

I think crunching these numbers gives us a good feel for what to expect. T-7 was built to house 300 fertile chattel, but given that it is the largest one ever built, these numbers don't accurately reflect fertility rates. Does this appease everyone?

TheVillain

Hell, if you like my scientist character idea we can say "there's more fertile here for purposes of experimentation".

AribethAmkiir

yeah, there are ways to get around those numbers such as borrowing from other towers or simply stealing them from other towers.  That could be another possible plot idea, warring towers.

Mtpersson

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 31, 2014, 11:42:28 AM
yeah, there are ways to get around those numbers such as borrowing from other towers or simply stealing them from other towers.  That could be another possible plot idea, warring towers.

That would fit with the female CEO character who's in charge of Tower 7 in OP.

TheVillain

Oooo, missed that it started 50 years previous. So not the scientist who started it but an up-and-coming scientific wunderkind.

Vill

Quote from: TheVillain on January 31, 2014, 12:07:04 PM
Oooo, missed that it started 50 years previous. So not the scientist who started it but an up-and-coming scientific wunderkind.
'

I fall asleep for six hours and I've become a victim of unintentional mind-theft.

;)

I might just try to come up with a new character concept. Unless -- and I'm assuming that there is -- there's more than one scientist. There could probably be some interesting contrast between the two. How evil do you want to be, TheVillain? 

TheVillain

Anti-Villianous. Actually has good intentions of curing the sterility and stopping fertility fraud - if his methods are often downright monsterous.

Vill

A true utilitarian. That's cool. I think there could definitely be room for two scientists, especially if they don't exactly have the same goal.

lore

definitely room for two scientists.

-added class info
-tried to make the information less overwhelming
-added rules with side plot system
-working on an app

I am thinking about NPCing the T7 CEO. I am also going to make an sterile chattel female who has not had her request to stop breeding approved despite years of breeding with no result.

AribethAmkiir

I would feel better as a player if the GM NPC'd the CEO and rebel leader, but that's just me.

Vill

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 31, 2014, 03:04:31 PM
I would feel better as a player if the GM NPC'd the CEO and rebel leader, but that's just me.

I second this. It would help to maintain a level of consistency in the plot's progression. Even if the rebel leader was keen on receiving input from his followers/accomplices. At least this way the two total authority figures are controlled by the actual game's source of authority.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Vill on January 31, 2014, 03:25:12 PM
I second this. It would help to maintain a level of consistency in the plot's progression. Even if the rebel leader was keen on receiving input from his followers/accomplices. At least this way the two total authority figures are controlled by the actual game's source of authority.

That, and if a player of one of those just disappears, then the game stalls.  Plus, controlling the two "main authoritarian" characters allows the GM more control over the plot and story.

lore

Pffft. Gimme all the work why doncha?  ;)

Meet your CEO:

As for the rebellion, I'm thinking or a more lateral structure. Jasper could be an important player, and there could be others equally important. I'd rather not play him, especially because he has so much plot with Amelie. For plot purposes, I suppose I could use a sagely, shadowy figure who is thought of as the unofficial leader.

lore

DRAFT APP. DO NOT POST YOUR APPS PLEASE

Name: Last, first
Sex: M/F – if someone is interested in a different gender, PM me
Class: Shareholder, elite, chattel
Fertility status: fertile, sterile
Orientation: We accept all, but there is a very hetero-centric political climate
Profession:

Personality: three main traits, followed by a paragraph minimum. Two paragraphs max.

Bio: Please, keep it to the necessary details. 

Affiliation:  Rebellion, State (anti-rebellion), neutral and a couple sentences as to why

Plot hopes: Why does your character hope to accomplish? Are you interested in writing with any particular type of character?

thoughts?

TheVillain

Loves

do you have to pick a side? 
I was thinking of making a girl that I guess would be considered Chattel.  Would it matter what she thought if she was at the bottom of the food chain?

ON HIATUS AGAIN

AribethAmkiir

How do you want to handle NPCs?  Anyone can make an NPC and can control them?  Only the person who makes the NPC can control it?  Have player controlled NPCs and GM controlled NPCs?

Quote from: Loves on January 31, 2014, 04:20:03 PM
do you have to pick a side? 
I was thinking of making a girl that I guess would be considered Chattel.  Would it matter what she thought if she was at the bottom of the food chain?

Why wouldn't it?  Peasants have overthrown monarchs, after all.

Loves

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 31, 2014, 04:22:49 PM
Why wouldn't it?  Peasants have overthrown monarchs, after all.

they have indeed.  But its not something I would want to make up her mind about before playing her.  I'd like her to decide on where she stands during the game.

If that's possible

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Mtpersson

There's power in the proles if only they wake up and realise it.

lore

Quotedo you have to pick a side? 

Regardless of your character's plans, the answer to this character says a lot about them. Do they trust that the state has their best interests in mind? Would they risk their neck to help out a rebel affiliate? etc.

Vill

Quote from: Mtpersson on January 31, 2014, 04:25:37 PM
There's power in the proles if only they wake up and realise it.

You and I are going to be friends.

Loves

Quote from: lore on January 31, 2014, 04:27:01 PM
Regardless of your character's plans, the answer to this character says a lot about them. Do they trust that the state has their best interests in mind? Would they risk their neck to help out a rebel affiliate? etc.

gotcha. 
ON HIATUS AGAIN

lore

Ladies and gentlemen, we have entered recruitment  :-)

EDIT:

I am about to head out for the evening.

I will post an info thread for accepted apps.

Happy writing.

TheVillain

AribethAmkiir

For the image, is height=300 the same as 300 pixels?

lore

No restrictions on image length. 

AribethAmkiir

Yeah, sorry.  meant does width=300 the same as 300 pixels?  Or how do you measure if a picture is 300 pixels wide?

TheVillain

Nothing to See Here!

lore

Apparently my direction to pm me apps aren't noticeable enough. XD

I don't mind people posting them publicly I'll just feel bad if they are not approved.

Moon Hound Hati

Haven't had a good sci-fi setting in a while, so I'm definitely interested in this. Especially since it's looking to be a pretty gritty type. I'll see if I can send off a sheet for GM approval soon-ish.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

lore

OOC THREAD

INFO AND ACCEPTED APPS

OOC - for all your plotting and chatter needs
INFO & APPS - Accepted apps can be found here

If anyone has a wanted character blurb they would like to see added to the first recruiting post, let me know.

ArtemisHighmore

lore

Apps are looking great so far  ;D

N E E D E D

-male shareholders, fertile male chattel
-female chattel, female elite

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

lore

Still open to all types. The game is set to star on Monday

N E E D E D

-fertile male chattel
-female chattel

Cerevan

Requested for: Aisling Jamison
Characteristics: 1) A fertile male Shareholder. Her half-brother (via her father). Dominant, ambitious, perhaps wants to play cat-and-mouse with his deceptively eccentric and proper half-sister. Or 2) A fertile male breeder. One of her ex-trainees or someone new. Rebellious, troublesome, and trying to outsmart her by whatever means necessary.
Plots: 1) Upon moving to T7, Aisling runs into her half-brother at the Opening Gala. He takes a rather unnecessary amount of interest in her. Let the games begin. Or 2) Upon entering T7, Aisling is unsurprised to find a pile of work already awaiting her. What she is surprised by? The breeder giving her slightly murderous looks.
Play By(s): 1) This man, for the love of God please. Or 2) This lovely.
Other Notes: I'm pretty addicted to headgames, power struggles, and yes the whole idea of impregnation. A touch of romance is also appreciated, hold the fluff. If that sounds like your cup of tea, we'll get along well. If you'd prefer something fluffier (or more non-con) you might want to try someone else. :-)

MrBubbles

Guh, I'm really thinking of applying with a nerdy, scrawny chattel dude that would be complete trash if it weren't for the fact he's fertile as all hell.

Vill

Quote from: MrBubbles on February 01, 2014, 04:25:14 PM
Guh, I'm really thinking of applying with a nerdy, scrawny chattel dude that would be complete trash if it weren't for the fact he's fertile as all hell.

I approve of this.

ArtemisHighmore

rahatngt

Quote from: MrBubbles on February 01, 2014, 04:25:14 PM

LOL. I haven't even read the full details, skimming the different intro paras and not really getting into the full plot of how things would go given its ~3:30. Yet the first thing I thought was how would such a fertile chattel be used by some shareholder :). I cannot help but imagine with all her poise, drive and fascination with control, how she plays with her chattels :P

Vill

Quote from: rahatngt on February 02, 2014, 03:37:29 PM
LOL. I haven't even read the full details, skimming the different intro paras and not really getting into the full plot of how things would go given its ~3:30. Yet the first thing I thought was how would such a fertile chattel be used by some shareholder :). I cannot help but imagine with all her poise, drive and fascination with control, how she plays with her chattels :P

Assuming you should be so lucky.

:-)

Caela

This looks intriguing. I have a question though, is there any leeway in the social status at all? For example, could someone born chattel show enough aptitude for something (say science, or mathematics) that they were allowed to move up to Elite status? Or vice versa, could an Elite break some law, or series of laws, so horribly (or simply show themselves to be so inept) as to have their status stripped from them? I would assume that almost nothing (maybe short of killing another fertile Shareholder) would lose a Shareholder their status but thought I'd ask if there was any leniency in the other rankings.

lore

I seem to have a lot of apps from folks wanting to be born chattel only to have climbed their way out of the slums.

Unfortunately there is no mobility, upward or down, when it comes to status. It's the inherent unfairness of the system. There are ways for Shareholders to find their rights taken from them, however (a bit from our faq):

Can my character fight for chattel rights?

Yes, but there will be consequences, and it will be harder than you think. Chattel are viewed as being less than human. Brutalizing them and using them has become so normalized that sympathizing with them would be considered not only heresy, but madness. Shareholders would risk being labeled mentally unfit, having their powers stripped from them, and being institutionalized. Elites could face devastating fines, imprisonment, losing their jobs. What's more, the fact that they are worthless, and that they are chattel because of divine law has been internalized by most chattel. Telling one they deserved a better life would likely involve a lot of scared, confused looks. They might contact the authorities on you themselves. It is important that you conspire very, very carefully.

Urbanzorro

Quick question, what sort of state run pseudo-religion is prevalent in the setting?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

lore

An amalgamation of the monotheistic faiths (minus the sexism). A single creator god, who has a designed purpose for all. Priests (male or female) spread the word of The Prophet (who is also an amalgamation of many prophets, and has no name)

Phobetor

Okay so first off: Totes interested here.

Secondly: Ya'lls OOC thread is hilarious.

I am totally game for playing either but which one do we need more male chattel or female?

Hope to hear from someone soon :)
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Caela

Quote from: lore on February 02, 2014, 09:53:24 PM
I seem to have a lot of apps from folks wanting to be born chattel only to have climbed their way out of the slums.

Unfortunately there is no mobility, upward or down, when it comes to status. It's the inherent unfairness of the system. There are ways for Shareholders to find their rights taken from them, however (a bit from our faq):

Can my character fight for chattel rights?

I'd actually been more interested in an Elite character who fell into the slums, even if only for a short time as some sort of punishment, thus giving her a unique perspective.

ArtemisHighmore

Good evening everyone. Working on a few things and then will see about a character. Male chattel still alright?

And submitted. Fingers crossed! :D

Love And Submission

Here's an interesting question I have. This seems like a really good game but I'm confused about one thing , What happens if there's a fertile chattel (could male or female) with some sort of hereditary health disorder? Are they still bred or what? Given the situation I'm a  bit curious. On one hand , The world needs people yet on the other hand do you really want a world of paranoid schizophrenics?

Otherwise this seems like a great game.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Vill

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on February 02, 2014, 11:20:13 PM
Okay so first off: Totes interested here.

Secondly: Ya'lls OOC thread is hilarious.

I am totally game for playing either but which one do we need more male chattel or female?

Hope to hear from someone soon :)

Female chattel hold the title of least filled role.  :-)

CurvyKitten

I actually have two ideas one of them being a female chattel, just don't want to end up rping all by my lonesome if I do. hehe

Vill

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 03, 2014, 06:39:47 AM
I actually have two ideas one of them being a female chattel, just don't want to end up rping all by my lonesome if I do. hehe

Sorry, what? I was distracted by your avatar.

*collects himself*

There are a couple men eligible for the breeding program, as well as male chattel who aren't: but, they could still provide a potential writing partner. I think an easy way to play the role of a female chattel while circumnavigating the potential lack of a partner would be to catch the eye of a certain male shareholder. This could place your character in the proximity of the more socially privileged while fulfilling that play style.   

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Vill on February 03, 2014, 06:43:46 AM
Sorry, what? I was distracted by your avatar.

*collects himself*

There are a couple men eligible for the breeding program, as well as male chattel who aren't: but, they could still provide a potential writing partner. I think an easy way to play the role of a female chattel while circumnavigating the potential lack of a partner would be to catch the eye of a certain male shareholder. This could place your character in the proximity of the more socially privileged while fulfilling that play style.   

I do love my avi, even with the distractions hehe.

That is true, and the game is still growing as well. Then I suppose I will be working on a chattel female. 

I have a second Idea but I may have to tweak it a bit to work here.

Vill

From what I've seen, the GM isn't adverse to players having more than one character. And, with a posting rate of every three days, you could realistically play two with no problem.

Vill

Quote from: DTW on February 03, 2014, 04:45:30 AM
Here's an interesting question I have. This seems like a really good game but I'm confused about one thing , What happens if there's a fertile chattel (could male or female) with some sort of hereditary health disorder? Are they still bred or what? Given the situation I'm a  bit curious. On one hand , The world needs people yet on the other hand do you really want a world of paranoid schizophrenics?

Otherwise this seems like a great game.

That's actually a really interesting point. I'm not sure how the GM will respond, but it might come down to the consensus that defective life is better than no life at all. I think something to take into consideration is that this is a futuristic environment. We have medication to deal with a wide array of hereditary ailments already, so it might not be too far fetched to assume that treatment for these conditions is in a near perfected state.

The other option is this: who cares if your chattel are all mentally deranged as long as they can perform their jobs? It might even be cheaper to NOT treat them if it doesn't seem to inhibit productivity. This is, after all, a society ruled by corporations who flaunt their belligerent treatment of human rights.

However, your inquiry unintentionally raises an interesting question about shareholders. I'm lead to believe, as all previous eugenics programs have displayed, that there is a social sense of bigotry and bias that supports a self-centered proclamation that one's own genes are superior. I do not know if the GM intends to explore this option, but it seems plausible that your concern over hereditary ailments might find itself compounded within the shareholder community. An already narrow gene pool might find itself further compromised due to the rare event of a fertile male shareholder being discovered. Should he have any hereditary shortcomings, that hypothetical trait could easily find itself a dominate characteristic in the top 1% -- assuming shareholders have an incentive to breed with one another for the sake of power manipulation or social-racial purity.

An excellent question indeed, sir. Thank you for thinking. But, for the sake of convenience, this might all be swept under the rug: an act I wouldn't be opposed to.

Mtpersson

I would presume that if the child was infertile and had the 'undesirable' trait then the company would let it live. If it was a fertile child, however, I'm not sure. This could be a point of interest inside of the RP. Maybe some want to cull them and some want to let them live their lives as 'normal'.

What does our GM think?

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Vill on February 03, 2014, 07:20:44 AM
From what I've seen, the GM isn't adverse to players having more than one character. And, with a posting rate of every three days, you could realistically play two with no problem.

Nods~ Well honestly I have to see if the second idea will be approved first. My Chattel will be working in a greenhouse. She will have a secret little grow area for herself, where she grows certain herbs and such. Some will be natural contraceptive, things like Daucus carota,Rutin, Smartweed leaves. I'm still doing some research on it but perhaps she even prepares it somehow. But its her little rebel way of trying to give the woman a choice still. Granted its herbal and not 100% of course but at least it is better then nothing.

Moon Hound Hati

Just my theory, but I'd think fertile chattel with serious hereditary afflictions would be prohibited from entering the breeding program     or at least not eligible to breed with shareholders and possibly elites. I could see them being able to breed with other fertile chattel, but then you'd have to ask: why not just use other fertile chattel to make up for that loss by making them breed slightly more? Or perhaps make it so that, in the breeding program, the fertile chattel with hereditary health issues can only breed with others in the same position. I guess it all depends on how dire the need for numbers is and the amount of fertile chattel with hereditary health issues versus the amount that don't. If it's only a small minority, you can just exclude them from the program to reduce the spread of those hereditary health problems. Selective breeding, or whatever it's called.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Phobetor

Quote from: Vill on February 03, 2014, 06:37:50 AM
Female chattel hold the title of least filled role.  :-)

Thanks for the response, I'll be filling out a character sheet soon and submitting it to the GM.
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Cerevan

There's also the question of whether the affected person is male or female. I assume there is probably more leeway in the defects a fertile male can carry, vs. a fertile female, due to the disparity in numbers.

However, it's probably important to realize that many hereditary issues can be circumvented rather easily in this sort of situation. Unlike the "real world" where people have sex willy-nilly and only later figure out that they're both carriers for color blindness or hemophilia, here people could be tested and then only paired with fertiles who are not carriers. Also, there's the bit that something like hemophilia may be carried in a female line for generations with nary a peep until it suddenly pops up in a male child...

...supposing hemophilia did strike the Shareholders, it could wreak utter devastation upon their ranks. Just look at what it managed to do to the monarchies of Europe. Overthrow of the Towers, ho!

lore

EDIT - a little copy and paste error there

QuoteI'd actually been more interested in an Elite character who fell into the slums, even if only for a short time as some sort of punishment, thus giving her a unique perspective.

Sorry. Again, a lot of people wanted to take this angle, but if an elite fell on hard times, they would be put on state welfare. This would be difficult and humiliating, but not hold a candle to slum life.

QuoteFrom what I've seen, the GM isn't adverse to players having more than one character. And, with a posting rate of every three days, you could realistically play two with no problem

Re the rules: 9. 2 characters max to start. Once you have them established (posted in 2 threads) you can request more

QuoteMale chattel still alright?

More than welcome.
QuoteWhat happens if there's a fertile chattel (could male or female) with some sort of hereditary health disorder? Are they still bred or what? Given the situation I'm a  bit curious. On one hand , The world needs people yet on the other hand do you really want a world of paranoid schizophrenics?

Given that one breeder male would father MANY children, a fertile man with an untreatable hereditary disorder would be sterilized very quickly, after a thorough analysis of his genetic makeup. Chattel with dissorders may be sent to R&D for experimentation. The exception here is a shareholder who abused the system to avoid this. WARNING - I will evaluate all apps involving mentally ill characters VERY seriously.

APPLICATIONS FOR THE FIRST PLOT THREAD CLOSE AT NOON EST TODAY

You may continue to submit apps, but these characters will only be able to participate in sideplots until the next plot thread goes up in a month.

CurvyKitten

I guess I'll be holding off then since there is no way for my to get my character in by noon. Currently at the hospital with a family emergency. Hope you all have fun though.

lore

Take care and best of luck with your family.

I have to get this plot thread up, and need to tailor it to the characters I have.

When your character is accepted, she will be welcome in sideplots until next month.

AribethAmkiir

lore

APPLICATIONS FOR THE FIRST PLOT THREAD ARE CLOSED

You may continue to submit apps, but these characters will only be able to participate in side plots until the next plot thread goes up around the begining of March.

ArtemisHighmore

lore

STATS UPDATE:

So far we have:

4 female characters
8 male characters
12 total characters

4 shareholders: two female, two male
4 elite: three male, one female
4 chattel: one female, three male

4 State affiliated members: two female, two male
4 rebellion members: one female, three male
4 politically neutral members: one female, three male
(These numbers reflect faction alignments upon character creation as opposed to intentions for plot progression.)

12 heterosexual characters
(Interesting, yet maybe not surprising, that all characters submitted for a game entitled Breeders are heterosexual, despite fertility status.)

9 Fertile: three female, six male
3 Sterile: one female, two male

4 males expected to participate in the breeding program
1 female expected to participate in the breeding program
1 female with special exemption from participation in the breeding program
2 males with the option to reproduce at their own discretion
2 females with the option to reproduce at their own discretion
2 males ineligible for the breeding program

Average age: 30
Average hotness: 9 (scale 1-10)

Potential Professions Missing:

Biologists/Chemists
Medical Doctors
Accountants/Brokers
Entertainers/Artists
Clergy Members
Professors

SGTDan

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

ShadowFox89

I'd be interested in submitting a fertile female medical doctor...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

lore

Loves

How soon do you need the chattel female character sheet?  I would be interested in that. I just might not be able to get you anything until the weekend

ON HIATUS AGAIN

lore

There likely won't be another main plot thread until March. Once a character is accepted, they can contact other players and create their own side plot while waiting.

EDIT

The beginning of the second main plot thread may happen as soon as mid February. This depends on the speed of the current thread

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Gman001

Very sorry to have just stumbled on to this thread...

Tsunami

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!