Tales of Might and Magic: Heroes{Pathfinder}{Full}

Started by Eternal Blade, June 22, 2011, 05:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

Gotta love how the Monk can multiclass easily on Pathfinder. :D That was so needed for it and the paladin.

Lady Lunarius

I'm guessing I should put my cleric up here...but i need to get her backstory soi'll get her form and pic up at the least
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 11, 2011, 11:08:38 PM
I'm guessing I should put my cleric up here...but i need to get her backstory soi'll get her form and pic up at the least
Wrong thread, over here luna. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=112812.0

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Opheliac

Is this game still seeking a wild card, and is the DM willing to work with somebody who is well versed in 3.5, but has never opened a Pathfinder book until this evening? If the wild card slot is open, I'd like to take a stab at a druid.

Black Howling

Quote from: Opheliac on July 12, 2011, 02:29:03 AM
Is this game still seeking a wild card, and is the DM willing to work with somebody who is well versed in 3.5, but has never opened a Pathfinder book until this evening? If the wild card slot is open, I'd like to take a stab at a druid.
Hello Opheliac; I'm not sure what EB will say, but there is another game in this series that is recruiting. Also, if your interest is in a support style druid; I could also integrate you into the original game. We find ourselves in need of a support character. And I'd be glad to have you aboard and help you out with making her if you'd like. :)

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Opheliac on July 12, 2011, 02:29:03 AM
It is still open, and I think a Druid would mesh really well with the group. Here is a link that could get you started on learning pathfinder, and I'd be glad to help you out.

Try to keep in mind that the link above has a lot of content from a lot of books. Only the Core rule book is allowed content, and the APG(Advanced Player's Guide)is an exception to this rule, with my permission.

Opheliac

I am working on my character, but Im curious as to what you are looking for in a wild card type character. I can see a druid being able to deal damage, tank, cast spells, and skill monkey a little bit, but never with the quality to replace a team member in a pinch. Do you have some recommendations for me, for what you see a wild card really capable of doing?

Lady Lunarius

~ Recommends  that she let the rogue show her some skills~

I keep getting mixed up with the damn names X_X
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Opheliac on July 12, 2011, 05:12:17 PM
I am working on my character, but Im curious as to what you are looking for in a wild card type character. I can see a druid being able to deal damage, tank, cast spells, and skill monkey a little bit, but never with the quality to replace a team member in a pinch. Do you have some recommendations for me, for what you see a wild card really capable of doing?
The group as is, isn't a skill light group, but it's not skill heavy either, so some ability there would be good. We have a wizard who's while not bad at artillery attack spells, not the best, but our cleric takes up a little for that. All of our group, besides the wizard has good capability in melee, so we're not lacking there. What I'm looking for primarily is someone to take up for, a little healing when they can, a little melee when they can, a little range when they can, and work the skills over around the group.

Here is the party we have now, take a look and see what I'm talking about. I suppose I'm looking for a mid ranged combatant, someone both good with magical artillery and some melee prowess, with skills being a major plus.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Tagan

Heh... Since Appraise is a class skill for me, I'll max it out for you.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Tagan on July 12, 2011, 11:11:34 PM
Heh... Since Appraise is a class skill for me, I'll max it out for you.

I so could make out with you in a dark corner right now... :P
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Tagan

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Opheliac

Well, here we go. I don't quite know the background fluff of the setting, as I kinda just dived into the meat and potatoes of the rulebook. Forgive me if the background sounds a little generic for now.

Talira Daru
Female Gnome Druid 4 / Rogue 1

Talira has never been the kind of person to stay in one place. Even as a child, she always wandered off, exploring or just wondering whats behind the next hill. Her parents always had fussed about how she would eventually get lost or eaten. Once she was old enough to be considered an adult, she wished her parents farewell, and left on a grand adventure! She walked the horizons, her wanderlust carrying her from place to place, where she absorbed a love of the land. She learned what was safe to eat by watching the bear cubs foraging for berries, or caught fish with her bare hands by studying the hawks diving for prey in the rivers. A kind dryad taught her the basics of druidism, and with those new skills she flourished even more.

As a fledgling druid, Talira had come across a small elven encampment deep in the woods, empty except for the discarded skins of the inhabitants. A necromancer murdered them all and raised the skeletons of the elves, and the images scarred her. She swore an oath to the trees that she would be a force to balance the evil in the world. From then on, she did what she could to help everyone she met, even those less humanoid. Ananise became her companion because Talira saved her from being eaten by a fungal crawler.

She began her adventuring career on accident really, hearing the sounds of battle being done not far away in the forest. She arrived just in time to help a novice group of heroes defend against a wave of hobgoblins. Once the fight was done, she happily signed on with the band of adventurers. Taking a support role, she used her skills and talents to help shape terrain to the groups advantage, heal when needed, and neutralize evil spellcasters by taking a wolf form and ganging up on them with Ananise. Talira even picked up some pointers from the rogue on group tactics and trap finding, just in case.

After several years of successful adventuring with the group, it all had to come to an end. We parted ways, but she and her companion still wandered the lands, helping those in need. She longed for the days when she could travel with a group, and really feel like she was helping bring balance against the evil deeds being done, and so, kept her eyes open for another chance to team up with others on quests for what's right and good.

Isengrad

original artwork by karabiner

Tagan

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 12, 2011, 11:43:37 PM
Either is fine as long as we can use hands >.>

If we didn't use hands I'd be a little disappointed.  :0

As for dark corners, well, it could be a well lit, private place... nitch or other.

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Opheliac on July 13, 2011, 03:43:54 AM
Well, here we go. I don't quite know the background fluff of the setting, as I kinda just dived into the meat and potatoes of the rulebook. Forgive me if the background sounds a little generic for now.

Talira Daru
Female Gnome Druid 4 / Rogue 1

Talira has never been the kind of person to stay in one place. Even as a child, she always wandered off, exploring or just wondering whats behind the next hill. Her parents always had fussed about how she would eventually get lost or eaten. Once she was old enough to be considered an adult, she wished her parents farewell, and left on a grand adventure! She walked the horizons, her wanderlust carrying her from place to place, where she absorbed a love of the land. She learned what was safe to eat by watching the bear cubs foraging for berries, or caught fish with her bare hands by studying the hawks diving for prey in the rivers. A kind dryad taught her the basics of druidism, and with those new skills she flourished even more.

As a fledgling druid, Talira had come across a small elven encampment deep in the woods, empty except for the discarded skins of the inhabitants. A necromancer murdered them all and raised the skeletons of the elves, and the images scarred her. She swore an oath to the trees that she would be a force to balance the evil in the world. From then on, she did what she could to help everyone she met, even those less humanoid. Ananise became her companion because Talira saved her from being eaten by a fungal crawler.

She began her adventuring career on accident really, hearing the sounds of battle being done not far away in the forest. She arrived just in time to help a novice group of heroes defend against a wave of hobgoblins. Once the fight was done, she happily signed on with the band of adventurers. Taking a support role, she used her skills and talents to help shape terrain to the groups advantage, heal when needed, and neutralize evil spellcasters by taking a wolf form and ganging up on them with Ananise. Talira even picked up some pointers from the rogue on group tactics and trap finding, just in case.

After several years of successful adventuring with the group, it all had to come to an end. We parted ways, but she and her companion still wandered the lands, helping those in need. She longed for the days when she could travel with a group, and really feel like she was helping bring balance against the evil deeds being done, and so, kept her eyes open for another chance to team up with others on quests for what's right and good.

Your character was perfectly done, but I have a few concerns.

First, the choice of rogue as a multiclass. I know the skills are tempting, but your character is in medium armor. That means she really can't the best use of the some of the skills and abilities the class grants her, the armor penalty really kills the combo. I've seen the combination work amazingly before, but that was normally with the druid in question wearing light armor.

Second, I want to ask you what I've asked others who picked up a race that I don't find sexually appealing. Sex isn't the main focus, but it is a focus on this game. You could end up feeling like your character is being left out, once the sexual scenes come up. Is this gonna be a problem? If not then fine, but I have to know before hand.
Quote from: Tagan on July 11, 2011, 10:04:29 PM
Wildcard Character submission.

Kala Dwyger was something of a disappointment to her father.  Her mother, however was proud...

At least that was what Kala told herself, as often as possible.  She'd not seen her mother in many years.  Her mother had vanished when she was 12, in a magical portal created by one of her father's experiments.  He promised she'd be able to return... someday.  Promised she was still alive, and that Kala could even see her, if she only would apply herself more to her studies!

Kala's father was an archmage.  A powerful figure in the land, and among the planes, he'd expected his only kin to follow in his footprints... astral or otherwise.

And Kala had TRIED.  She tried and tried.  Her brain never wanted to accept magic.

Oh she'd achieved some measure of success, but always with more time and effort than her father would admit were necessary.

So, one day, Kala had just... left.  Her grandmother was visiting... and had never seen eye to eye with her father.  She came from a long line of warriors, and while her warrior daughter had married this spell slinger, she thought he was far to pompous for his own good.  And then he loses her daughter, gods only know where!  Promises....

His daughter... her Grandaughter, came running up to her, begging to leave with her as she began her long journey home.

She laughed.  Why not?

Kala had been something of a disappointment at first to her Grandmother as well.  Besides a tendancy to dance, the girl had no physical skills worth mentioning.

But she was eager.  Ever so eager!

Kala remembered her lessons, and each and every lesson with the others her grandmother had traded with for her training, very well.  Painfully well.  Each bruise and scar were a reminder NOT to stand that way again.  NOT to block that way, and NOT to dodge left when the sword swung in an arc right...

Now she was on her pilgrimage.  Her grandmother told her her training could not be complete until she honed hr skills in the world outside... and Kala felt ready.  She wanted to start using her skill to help people, like in her books.  The books her mother had read to her.

And maybe, someday, she'd be sure her mother was proud of her.
BTW: Tagen I found another little thing wrong with your character sheet. She spent 21003 gp and 1 sp. She only had 21k to work with, and you have her down with more gold left. I'd like you to work this over, probably by losing the copper bracelet that is imbued with the 'Continual Flame' spell. Let me know when you've done it.

Opheliac

I wasnt aware that sex was going to be a major concern in this game. As that is the case, I withdraw my character for concideration. Im sorry, and thank you for your time.

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Opheliac on July 14, 2011, 03:16:41 AM
I wasnt aware that sex was going to be a major concern in this game. As that is the case, I withdraw my character for concideration. Im sorry, and thank you for your time.
Not a major concern, but yes it will be present. Well, thank you for your interest, and your time.

Tagan

Thanks!  Good catch.

I've fixed that, by the simple expedient of having one less spell in her spell book.  (1 hour of Alarm wasn't terribly useful anyway.)

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Tagan on July 11, 2011, 10:04:29 PM
Wildcard Character submission.

Kala Dwyger was something of a disappointment to her father.  Her mother, however was proud...

At least that was what Kala told herself, as often as possible.  She'd not seen her mother in many years.  Her mother had vanished when she was 12, in a magical portal created by one of her father's experiments.  He promised she'd be able to return... someday.  Promised she was still alive, and that Kala could even see her, if she only would apply herself more to her studies!

Kala's father was an archmage.  A powerful figure in the land, and among the planes, he'd expected his only kin to follow in his footprints... astral or otherwise.

And Kala had TRIED.  She tried and tried.  Her brain never wanted to accept magic.

Oh she'd achieved some measure of success, but always with more time and effort than her father would admit were necessary.

So, one day, Kala had just... left.  Her grandmother was visiting... and had never seen eye to eye with her father.  She came from a long line of warriors, and while her warrior daughter had married this spell slinger, she thought he was far to pompous for his own good.  And then he loses her daughter, gods only know where!  Promises....

His daughter... her Grandaughter, came running up to her, begging to leave with her as she began her long journey home.

She laughed.  Why not?

Kala had been something of a disappointment at first to her Grandmother as well.  Besides a tendancy to dance, the girl had no physical skills worth mentioning.

But she was eager.  Ever so eager!

Kala remembered her lessons, and each and every lesson with the others her grandmother had traded with for her training, very well.  Painfully well.  Each bruise and scar were a reminder NOT to stand that way again.  NOT to block that way, and NOT to dodge left when the sword swung in an arc right...

Now she was on her pilgrimage.  Her grandmother told her her training could not be complete until she honed hr skills in the world outside... and Kala felt ready.  She wanted to start using her skill to help people, like in her books.  The books her mother had read to her.

And maybe, someday, she'd be sure her mother was proud of her.
Alright then, Kala is accepted. re-post her into the Characters Thread, and you can feel free to post in the OOC.

I'll want you to wait for just a bit to post in the IC, until I PM you with a plan to integrate your character in. I have a couple of ideas, I just need to narrow down on them. If you have any ideas, feel free to Pm me about them, or state them on the OOC.