The Tiger General's Rebellion [Courtiers Win!]

Started by Caeli, March 18, 2010, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

General Wei, the infamous and coldly calculating Tiger General, points to the state of the Middle Kingdom and claims that the current Son of Heaven, Emperor Zhang, has lost the Mandate of Heaven. Entire companies in the military have joined his forces, certain that he will win and return order to China. The people who have suffered the most while drought and floods drag them farther into poverty have also joined him, believing that he will bring prosperity back to the Middle Kingdom.

Opinions in the Imperial Court vary. Some suggest a peaceful surrender and abdication in favor of General Wei; others have thrown their support behind the Emperor and call General Wei, previously a popular military figure, a traitor of the worst kind. Most of the Wei hardliners have long since abandoned their posts or were killed by the Wolves of the Wind to preserve order.

However, there are a few key individuals who have stayed behind, secret supporters of General Wei who plan to take matters into their own hands and speed up General Wei's claim to the throne.

Emperor of China, the Son of Heaven [NPC] - The Chinese emperor; has been poisoned by the royal twin who is secretly a Wei supporter. If the traitor prince(ss) is lynched, the loyal twin will gain immunity for one killing - i.e., if someone attempts to lynch him/her, (s)he will survive (by imperial decree); likewise, if the Wei assassins try to kill the loyal twin during the night, he/she will survive. This immunity lasts only once.

Wolves of the Wind [NPC] - Assassins who are loyal to one of the oldest advisors of the court. Shrouded in secrecy, it is this body who has been carrying out the assassinations of the Wei supporters and hardliners who still remained in the Imperial Court. Members of the Court themselves, they listen to gossip and dissent and kill those who are most highly suspected of being traitors.

General Wei, the Tiger General [NPC] - General Wei claims that the current emperor has lost the Mandate of Heaven. Determined not to let the people of the Middle Kingdom suffer any longer, he has started a rebellion that threatens to overturn the Zhang Dynasty. Most of his supporters have fled the Forbidden City (the imperial palace). Factions of the military have defected to General Wei, as have some of the poor who have been hardest hit by droughts and floods in their regions.

The Royal Twins - Incognito for their safety and to provide them both the chance to learn politics from the ground up. One is a loyal supporter of the Son of Heaven; the other has defected to the Wei camp.
  • Loyal Twin (1) - Once per game, the loyal twin can detect the guilt or innocence of one person that is about to be lynched. If the traitor twin is lynched, the loyal twin gains one immunity from a killing.
  • Traitor Twin (1) - One night per game, the traitor twin can spy out a single player's role during a night cycle, instead of attacking someone. During this night, the Wei spies cannot attack kill anyone.

Imperial Court (7) - They have the most to lose if the Wei faction succeeds in their coup d'état, for General Wei has made it clear that he intends to cleanse the entire upper ranks of the imperial hierarchy to regain Heaven's favor. The imperial court consists of influential concubines, as well as the wise advisors who run the bureaucratic workings of the country.
  • Special: Once per turn (day), the remaining members of the Court (including the Wei spies) can choose to lynch a suspected Wei spy from among themselves with a majority vote.
  • Goal: Root out the Wei supporters, and in doing so eliminate the last vestiges of Wei support within the Court.

Wei Spies (3) - There are a few Wei supporters still left in the Imperial Court, all of them skilled noblemen and titled officials who are not afraid to stain their swords with blood if it means cleansing the ranks of nobility and regaining the support of Heaven once again. Where they are, they can relay key information to General Wei, while cutting off the Emperor's support from underneath him.
  • Special: Once per turn (night), the Wei spies and the traitor twin can eliminate one member of the Imperial Court.
  • Goal: Kill all the key officials within the Court, including the Emperor and his most intelligent advisers.

The Dragon General (1) - A powerful military leader who is loyal to the Son of Heaven and directly opposes General Wei.
  • Special: The General can protect one other player from the Wei Spies once each night. He will never choose to protect himself because he is sworn to protect the weak. If the General is targeted by the Wei spies, s/he will die, but will also kill one attacker, chosen randomly, during the fight.

Minister of the Royal Archives (1) - The head of the royal archives is a low-paying but respectable position within the Court. He is relatively poor compared to the rest of the Court, but he is proud of his position and his knowledge.
  • Special: Once per night, this player can determine if a member of the Imperial Court is a Wei spy.

Minister of the Treasury (1) - The most respected and trusted member of the imperial bureaucracy is also the most feared, for it is this minister who may have the greatest amount of power in the Imperial Court.
  • Special: This player can determine the specific role of a member of the Imperial Court by bribing the emperor's favored concubine. Unlike the Minister of the Royal Archives, he can only do this once per game, as rumors of using imperial funds for his own ends could lead to his disgrace and beheading.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Caeli

Reminders
  • Deception, lying, and misleading is completely allowed in this game. Just remember that it isn't personal.
  • If you send a PM to anybody else in the game, you must CC me in the PM.
  • No information gathered outside of this game (PMs, IMs, etc.) may be quoted directly. However, you can repeat any information that you get in your own words as much as you like.
  • One 'turn' consists of a night (when the spies will choose one person to die) and a day (when players will argue and vote on one person to eliminate).
  • You cannot vote to eliminate yourself.
  • The Wei spies and traitor twin know who their comrades are, but nobody else in the Imperial Court knows who is who.
  • Unlike Val's other games, this game will not have a tiebreaking role. In the event of a tie, a re-vote for only those two players will happen. If there is still a tie, and nobody can be convinced to change their vote, the victim will be decided by a dice roll.
  • If you learn new information, are persuaded to switch, or receive a better bribe offer, you can change your vote until the last vote is tallied.

Players (15)

• aymelekT
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

Two days ago, the Imperial Court had been disturbed into an uneasy tension when whispers that the emperor had been poisoned reached the ears of the many courtiers who remained in the Palace instead of fleeing to their country estates, either by design or fear. He remained ill and delirious, with even the best doctors in the country unable to discern how the poison had been delivered, or what the cure was. The only thing they were certain of was that he would not be well for several days yet; and during that time, the Court was left to its own devices, whispering and gossiping behind screen doors, afraid to say anything with even the servants present.

For who knew whose servant was under whose pay?

Only one thing was sure; the Emperor being poisoned could only mean that there were Wei spies still remaining in the Imperial Court, masquerading as loyalists to Emperor Zhang but traitors in reality (or, in their words, supporters of the virtuous Tiger General). And because nobody knew who they could trust, hostility and suspicion was tangible in every word that was spoken, every action that was taken.

The poisoning of the emperor had happened two days ago. This morning, however, it was clear that the Wei spies were not content to wait for the man's death. One of the esteemed ministers of the court, Chancellor Ru, had been stabbed through the chest; the scattered and broken objects littered around his room were evidence of a fight, one that the skilled swordmaster had lost. He had been staunchly against giving the Wei faction any quarter; it was well known in the Court that he had advised the Emperor to send his military forces to wipe out the rebel Wei leaders, before they could spread any more dissent.

With his death, it was decided; the remaining members of the Court had to take matters into their own hands and flush out the Wei spies, before the entire kingdom fell to poison and treachery.

Players (15)

• aymelekT
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

There are 7 Courtiers, 1 Dragon General, 1 Minister of the Royal Archives, 1 Minister of the Treasury, 3 Wei Spies, and 2 Royal Twins remaining.

All PMs sent to other players during this game must also be sent to me. :-)

This vote will decide who is eliminated under suspicion of being a traitor first.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn52

As the court had decided to take matters into their own hands with the death of Chancellor Ru
Xandi walked into the court to find who had ventured in for the days activities.

She spoke to the court and ask, "How shall we deal with the treachery that exist in the Kingdom? The Wei spy's are obviously among us, we must find them and destroy the threat to the kingdom. Who will join me in my efforts to discover these spies? We must decide today who is with the rebellion and kill all traitors. I am going to throw out a vote for someone who I believe to be a Wei Spy. This person never liked Chancellor Ru and I believe he was responsible for the Chancellors death. Kurzyk Who is with me?"
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

LadySky

She was sitting silently by the fountain when the lady Xandi appeared and suggested Kurzyk to be a Wei spy. LadySky shook her head sadly, aching with the loss of Chancellor Ru, whom she had long served loyally. Alone and unsure of whom she could trust LadySky was at a loss, confused as to who she thought might have murdered her beloved Ru. At the mention of Kurzyk however, LadySky recalled overhearing a terrible argument between Kurzyk and Ru. Could Chancellor Ru have also suspected Kurzyk?

"I will vote for Kurzyk as well." she whispered, hanging her head and staring into the rippling waters of the fountain, praying for guidance from beyond.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Kye

Kyrsa had remained quiet thus far, glancing from person to person, studying them intently as she listened to the others speak.  Unlike the others she had no quarrel with Kurzyk and no proof or inkling that he might be one of the spies they were intent on finding. 

“I find it odd that you should speak so quickly Xandi.  Many people did not like the Chancellor, that does not make them spies or murderers.  Perhaps you speak so quickly to cover up your own guilt.  For now I place my vote for Xandi," she murmured.

Autumn Sativus

Saffron nodded slightly, as she listened to Kyrsa's logic. She had been listening from a balcony seat near the fountain, to all of the things that had been said. She pondered over the possibilities herself for a few moments before beginning to agree.

"I felt this way also, Kyrsa, that it was strange to speak out about Kurzyk so quickly. We do not know anything of him, yet. I believe that you are covering your own guilt, Xandi, I'm sorry."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Blaed

Najdan had been standing behind his chair as he offend did. Not wanted to sit down, because at a moments notice he could be needed somewhere else. But the talk of spies and people being distrustful had finally made him want to speak up. He moved around to the fount of his chair, so that most of the people could see him.

"It saddens me to see us coming to this. But the facts are that someone among us is a spy. This spy does need to be weeded out. I am sorry, but Xandi, you spoke out ageist your fellow people too soon for me."

Autumn52

It saddens me that so quickly my friends turn on me. Someone had to speak first and it was my understanding that some of you were looking for a reason to get the ball rolling. I am sorry that Kurzyk was the first to be accused however I don't see how my vote against him makes me a spy.

I want to remind you all that although I was the first to speak, it did not take long for others to begin to accuse me. I have only one more comment and that is, if I were a spy would I so quickly speak of killing them?
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Stattick

"I... I am not sure who to believe." Stattick said as he revealed himself. "In all honesty, I don't have reason to suspect either Xandi or Kurzyk. But if I am to vote blindly, it would bother my conscious less if I were to be part of lynching an innocent man then to lynch an innocent woman. So, reluctantly, I will side with Xandi for now, against Kurzyk. Unless someone can convince me of a reason why I should change my vote. I'm... sorry Kurzyk."

Stattick sits, and looks down, with a troubled look on his brow.
O/O   A/A

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile turned from her contemplation of the gardens and ponds surrounding the court and paced slowly toward the others.  Her slender fingers inserted into the voluminous sleeves of her robes gripped her wrists tightly.  Her grief was deep and painful.  The loss of Chancellor Ru was a grievous blow yet she fought hard to maintain an air of dignity.

I would advise caution in deciding who the traitor is lest we eliminate a friend and valuable ally.  Should Kurzyk prove to be the assassin then, of course, he must be dealt with and harshly, as an example if nothing else.  We must be positive that he, and not another, is the one we seek.  Remember, if you will, a man may disagree with an official but still serve the office loyally.  Angry words in the heat of the moment may only be passion for a point of view.  Would someone bent on the destruction of the Chancellor reveal himself to be antagonistic?

I believe the first to accuse him has done so to throw suspicion away from herself and toward one she would persuade us is a more likely candidate.  Xandi’s accusations have revealed her own treachery.  Eliminating one who is loyal tilts the balance in favor of the traitors.  It pains me, for she has been a friend, but I believe Xandi to be the traitor.

Kurzyk

Listening to the cries voiced against him and greatly saddened by the treachery that had befallen the court, Kurzyk sighed. He knew in politics that perception can sway like wind across a wheat field, and when tides turn, it inevitably turned for the worse. Such was the matter of the state, which in his experience was one of the constants of the universe. However in times of panic, calmness and patience can shine, to help root out those that sought to undermine from within.

Stepping forward and with a humble smile, "To the distinguished members of the court, to the charge posed against me, let me say that my service to the Emperor has been unwavering and in earnest."

Pointing his finger to Xandi, "You were the first to speak. Do you rush so quickly to cast blame to hide your guilt? I believe it is you Xandi."

Autumn52

I appeal to you my fellow loyalist. It seems that the fact that I spoke first has you convinced that I am a spy. Think please about what you do, if I die I will be unable to "help you" find the traitors. I spoke out of loyalty to the throne and the kingdom. I will speak my mind in times of opposition if that is wrong then I suppose I do not understand how to perform my "duties".

I wish I could stand idly by and let others do the hard work of finding the spies and not get involved but as that is not my "role".  I will accept the decision rendered here today.

Please reconsider your decision here today as it will affect the outcome of the kingdom.

Caeli

Current Vote
The courtier with the most number of votes will
become a target of the Wolves of the Wind, who, lacking
orders from the Emperor, are attempting to eliminate the
last Wei spies by listening to the suspicions within the Court.

• Kurzyk (9) - aymelekT, Iejir, Imogen, LadySky, Mithlomwen, Ryven, Stattick, Valerian, Xandi
  • Xandi (6) - Beguile's Mistress, FallenAngelNajdan, Kurzyk, Kyrsa, Remiel, Saffron
  • aymelekT
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian

Yet To Vote:

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Mithlomwen

Mithlomwen had listened quietly to the back and forth between people, taking in everything that had been said, and trying to form her own opinion as to who might be the traitors in their midst.  She did agree with the fact that just because Xandi had spoken out so quickly did not automatically mean that she herself was a traitor.  She had simply been the first to voice her opinion.  Someone had to, and Mith couldn't help but think that whomever it had been would most likely been labeled a Wei spy. 

However having nothing to base any guilt or innocence on at this point, she was forced to vote blindly, a fact that did not set well with her at all.  She was of Stattick's belief that if shew were to send an innocent to their death she would much rather it be a man than a woman so taking all of this into account finally voted.  "My heart aches having to vote against one of our own with no evidence to support such accusations, and believe me when I say that I do not do so lightly.  It is with a very heavy heart that I place my vote with Kurzyk and pray that the gods forgive me if he is truly innocent." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

The days ahead will be filled with difficult decisions, but we must none of us shirk our duty, however heavily it weighs upon us.  I must only hope that there is some wisdom behind the votes for Kurzyk; or at least that good fortune will be with those of us who are loyal and true to our Emperor, the Son of Heaven.  We will need good fortune, all of us, if the kingdom is to survive intact, and I pray none of us will have cause to regret our decisions today.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

First the dreadful news of the Emperor and now the untimely demise of Chancellor Ru.  It was clear that the court was quickly dividing if only beneath the guise of the everyday actions held in the palace, but those with a keen eye could see that things had changed.  Something was coming, and each of them were a part of it.  Now was a time for actions instead of diplomacy or procedure.

His eyes swept the court, glancing at each one as their votes trickled in slowly.  Only two suspects seemed to be emerging out of them, and Ryven had to wonder why those two had been chosen.  There must have been some reason.  Perhaps the Emperor believes one of them to be the culprit or maybe Chancellor Ru had left some clue behind in the shambles of his room.

"I can see no other option right now, so my vote will sit with Kurzyk."  He said before gesturing to a servant who scurried over to his table to provide fresh tea.  As the liquid filled his cup, he glanced up at  the rather strained smiling face of the nameless girl pouring the tea, and suddenly he thought of the Emperor.  Ryven pushed the cup away, losing his appetite for the beverage...or perhaps saving himself from being the next victim.

Imogen

Imogen flicked her fan and glanced towards Kyrsa. "I cannot agree." She said solemnly. "One of us had to cast the first vote and I am humbled by Xandi's courage to be that person." She closed her fan and turned her eyes towards Kurzyk. "I do not wish to vote based on so little information, but I shall not be a coward where others are brave. My vote too goes to Kurzyk. May fate be kind to us all."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Remiel listened to the accusations being tossed back and forth, and sighed outwardly at the terribly unfortunate turn of events.  For much of his life, he had idolized General Wei; he had studied long and hard to emulate his character and his tactics.   That was, of course, before his hero had indicated his intention to overthrow the blessed Emperor, the Son of Heaven, and seize the Middle Kingdom for himself.  As much as Remiel emulated General Wei, he could not stand idly by and condone such an unconscionable betrayal.   Though it broke his heart to do so, he was forced to take up arms against his hero.  Still, secretly, he still held out hope that the General and his followers could be redeemed, that they could be persuaded away from their foolish course of action.

He put down his copy of Sun Tzu's teachings, looked carefully around at the assembled councillors, and said:

"Kurzyk or Xandi --
They may both be innocent.
But Xandi it is."

Kurzyk

Stepping forward he stood in the middle of the court, his crimson robes reflecting the distinguished service and years of balance among chaos. With kind eyes and a mustache that extended to below his chin, his voice echoed softly but steady in the great hall.

"I understand in this time of panic, the need to rush; the desire to cast blame so we may sleep well in our beds this night. But let us not be hasty and rather look at the events of this day that marks so heavily on our hearts. Chancellor Ru was no ordinary man, but a skilled sword master. From the state of his final resting place, he did not submit without a fight. This suggests with certainty that there was more than one attacker... more than one among us."

He stayed silent for a moment, for the words to digest. A skilled orator, waxing eloquence was a second trade to him only to breathing.

"Xandi's innocence or treachory may or may not be known. I suspect her yes, as some of you do. But what is of greater concern, is with the exception of a few of you, how quickly all the rest lined up to sentence me."

He looked around the room.

"As there are more than one attacker, would it not suggest that they would all vote at once, in haste to execute one of us?"

With a heavy sigh he looked at the Emperor's throne. "I have lived my life in service of the Emperor, and so will I die for the good of balance in the kingdom. If my innocence in death serves you my esteemed colleagues. Then I resign my fate to it."

aymelekT

Ayme watched the verbal battle below her with a troubled frown, her dark eyes darting to each combatant as they spoke out against Kurzyk, then Xandi.  She leaned on the balcony rail, propping her chin on one hand.  At a lull in the vocal sparring, she cleared her throat quietly, the sound travelling.  As one by one their heads turned to look up, she stood straighter, clasping her hands over the rail. She moved her troubled gaze back to Kurzyk and spoke quietly, shaking her head slowly

May I be forgiven for my error if I'm wrong, but forgiveness isn't in any of our hands.  Kurzyk, while you speak with a honeyed tongue, so very passionate...My vote goes to you.

Caeli

The Emperor's team of assassins, themselves members of the Imperial Court leading one life of service openly and the other secretly, listened and noted the arguments of both factions. Without solid orders or instructions from the Emperor, the Wolves of the Wind followed the guidance of Minister Hong, who had served the court longest, and whose loyalty was unwaveringly towards the preservation of order.

The Imperial Court quickly divided into two unequal halves - one staunchly against Minister Kurzyk, the other against Minister Xandi. It didn't take long for the Wolves of the Wind to note the discomfort of many of the officials as they chose one among themselves to put on the chopping block.

They were simple but ruthless in their work. After the noon meal, many members of the Court returned to their rooms to rest away the afternoon heat; Minister Kurzyk took his daily walk in the gardens alone, wanting to be alone with his thoughts. His body was found slumped over his tea, a knife buried in his back - the Wolves were quick in their work.

But they uncharacteristically left a calling card. Around Kurzyk's neck was a beautiful green jade pendant carved with a dragon and phoenix - and on the table, cracked into several pieces, was a tiger in red jade, showing that Minister Kurzyk had, indeed, been as innocent as he'd claimed: a Courtier and loyal member of the Imperial Court.

• aymelekT
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

There are 6 Courtiers, 1 Dragon General, 1 Minister of the Royal Archives, 1 Minister of the Treasury, 3 Wei Spies, and 2 Royal Twins remaining.

If you have a special ability that is used during the night segment, please PM me with your respective inquiries. Otherwise, sit tight and pay your respects to Kurzyk before the night falls.

Remember, all PMs sent to other players in this game must be CCed to me. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Ryven

Upon seeing the unmistakable jade pendant as well as the broken fragments of the tiger, it was clear that he had made a dreadful mistake.  By following the others who had been so adamant about Minister Kurzyk's supposed treachery, he had sent a fellow courtier to his death.

"Forgive me, Kurzyk.  I carry the weight of your death until I find my own.  May you find peace."  Ryven spoke softly.

Beguile's Mistress

"Farewell, my friend."  Beguile bowed her head and beseeched the gods to guide the slain counselor's spirit to a place of peace.

This second death of an innocent weighed heavily on Beguile.  Treachery is an evil thing, she knew, and incites more evil doings.  The woman then turned and, maintaining a stoic expression, slowly made her way to the court.  Her concern now was that in her haste to accuse another Xandi may have inadvertently cast herself in the role of traitor.  It was possible that the votes were cast against two whose loyalty should have been unquestioned.

Mithlomwen

Her head bowed in sorry, Mithlomwen said a silent prayer that both Kurzyk and the powers that be forgive her for her mistake.  "I am sorry."  She said softly, moving to stand by the window and stare out unseeingly at the scenery below. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...