News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

New RP plot-thread [ooc, DartimusRae, ForensicaX, Phoenixrisen]

Started by DartimusRae, April 21, 2011, 12:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DartimusRae

alright, ladies. general plot discussion. sound off, and we will begin with Character descriptions

Phoenixrisen

I need to know what sort of game we're playing before I can give you a character.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

DartimusRae

i was thinking modern setting, my character is a vampire, what yours and Ren's is is up to you both. i'm fluid with anything really.

DartimusRae

i know Ren said she doesn't care about the setting. and just to clarify, what is your meaning with what kind of game, Phoenix?

Phoenixrisen

Setting is important, but basic genre, especially in the beginning, what are we going for? Romance, slice of life. What sort of basic plot do we want to construct? I'm a writer, I need these things to make a good character, and if it's not gonna be at least decent, I don't bother making a character. It's a little quirk of mine.

A lot depends on the personality of your vampire really, as you're the GM, I would imagine, there needs to be some form of leadership. Things work better that way, and you've been here the longest. Not that we wont all contribute to the storyline, but we need some place to start. At least one good solid character is as good as any.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

DartimusRae

well, that helps a lot. it's not entirely a romance. and it will depend on how you and Ren wish to start off, as roommates or as individuals cast into the fire together in the chance meeting of a vampire. the usual thing i have for Dart, at least starting, is he is either out hunting for blood, or socializing at the bar. the Genre is Sci-fi/Sci-fan. a little magic, the supernatural, the occult (not touching into many true religions, no worries).  i like a bit of action, suspense, and romance to round things off. while there will be a close relationship between the three main characters, it's not all about the bed-sports. conflict, adjusting to having a vampire in their life, if you choose to have your character ignorant of the supernatural, having to adjust to a situation that may not have come about under normal circumstances (an M/F/F relationship, living with a vampire, ect). perhaps one or both of you end up in a situation where being turned into a vampire is the only way to save your life (this can be early or later in the storyline, depending on what you two want to do.) i like to add liberal doses of comedy to any RP i'm in, so little one-liner comedic moments are prone to happen with me.

some back story on Dart, if it would help. he's a three thousand year old vampire. he's been alone his entire life. not to say he hasn't had his share of lovers and whatnot, but he's still alone. he's never turned another person into a vampire, because he's never found anyone worthy. it's not that he isn't looking, but he's very critical. smart, quick-thinking, like minded women draw his attention like moth to a flame. they have to be cultured enough to manage in white-collar society. he is extremely wealthy after-all. he spends most his nights alone, because he is getting tired of meaningless one-night stands and women that do not challenge his intellect.

please, ask me any questions you want. i will be happy to answer so we can have a good, solid start once Ren is approved.

ForensicaX

First of all I'm super duper amazingly happy at rping FINALLY.

For my character, I'm thinking a girl in her late teens, very recently changed.

Marilyn is from a privileged and wealthy family, enrolled in an exclusive academy - a very public figure by all accounts. One night she goes out with her friends and then wakes in terrible pain. When she regains her senses, she finds herself completely changed. Scared, confused, alone, and battling with her animal instinct, she tries to find the being who changed her and find a way to control herself.

She wants to return to her normal, thoroughly human and pampered life. Back to being a princess on her father's arm, happily shielded to the insane supernatural realm that she has so far avoided like the plague. She is a girl of sensibilities, logic, and learning. She loves having control and order.

Suddenly thrust into her chaotic existence, she is completely unsure of how to proceed, how to even survive...

DartimusRae

hmm. a working concept, Ren. changed, as changed into a vampire?

and if yes, then the idea comes to mind that Marilyn would perhaps run into Dart by chance, and he would recognize her for what she was. it comes out that she's trying to find revenge, and Dart can offer the tools to help her. Dart is very much a benefactor in the solo's i run. he will help when and where he can, if it's desired. how you wish to bring your character into the story is up to you.

man, i have never spent this much time planning out an rp. this is fun. i should do it more often. We'll need to wait on Phoenix to see where she wants to go with this, what her input is. hope you have the thread bookmarked.

ForensicaX

Yep, I do have the thread bookmarked and yes, I do mean changed into a vampire. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking that too. She could run into you on accident, perhaps after a particularly sloppy kill or the like...

DartimusRae

or, perhaps he stops Marilyn from attacking Phoenix's character. just throwing that idea out there, since it would help tie in everyone to everyone. it's a thought, and i would like to hear Phoenix's opinion on it.

ForensicaX

That would be fun! do you know if she wants to play a human or a vampire yet?

DartimusRae

i'm assuming human, unless she wants to play another type of supernatural altogether. it will be interesting to see what she comes up with.

Phoenixrisen

I'm thinking human at the moment. One that is completely and totally oblivious to what's going on in the world around her, in a supernatural sense. She's in a bad way at the moment, because she took a job that maybe she shouldn't have, she's gotta pay for college somehow(Like for a mobster or something nothing carnal) and she's delivery a package that she's starting to have doubts about. So she's already a little off balance, when she stumbles onto both of you maybe?

I got the impression that Marilyn want's to get herself under control, so having a mentor of sorts with her during such an easy to control moment would be a help with that I would think. So, my thought is that ye two are out trying to get Marilyn trained up on hunting properly when Jenna, name subject to change, comes down a dark alley to try to take a moment to think. Unfortunately, she didn't realize that Marilyn was right down there in the middle of a feed... Which would probably be where Dart would step in and save her... Just a thought.

I haven't gotten all the details worked out, but I'm thinking starving college student for my character. Not exactly fully polished, but not badly raised either.

Sorry my need to be up early in the morning for work had to put everyone on hold. :-) I'll be off at 1pm PST, just so you all know.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

DartimusRae

that is a good solid concept, dear. Ren, how would you like to start off the RP with Dart and Marilyn already connected to each other? maybe having been with each other for only a couple of nights.

i love it Phoenix, let's just let Ren sound off on it. 1pm your time is 12pm mine, and i think 4pm for Ren. just orienting timezones. :D

ForensicaX

I'm happy! I'm afraid I've severely limited this thing's ability to move, though... Although, if you decide that you'd like to move it, I can "conveniently rebel" and take leave of the plot for a while.

Prakkie