Rangers Unite! Sci-Fi SuperHero Story! Rp-ers needed!

Started by Gladiator0161, October 17, 2009, 06:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crovonovin

Great!  Glyphstone, could you possibly PM me regarding your evil overlord ideas?  I'd love creating a "Second in Command" sort of character.  What villain could get by with out their own Starscream, eh?

Without the eventual plans of betrayal...of course. 

Pumpkin Seeds

Alright, so the ladies have shown up but where are our hot male co-workers?

Gladiator0161

Well, so far it's just me, lol, isn't that enough?-joking XD

I'll send PM's to the people who're interested and haven't posted a short bio on here yet.

TheVillain

Had a thought of a character who plays both sides off of each other for his own goals, can be a good guy or a bad guy and probably flips multiple times a story line. Heh.

Name: "The Chronomancer" aka "The Traveler" aka Mentalist 1st Order, Arberus Weena-Traveler
Race: Unknown but he's claimed to be Morloi, a Human plus 800,000 more years of evolution.
Sex: Male
Abilities: While he's never sat down to be cataloged, some confirmed abilities and attributes include-
-Teleportation and Precognition, this theorized to be be what Time Travel appears to be like to a non-chrononaut.
-Faster reflexes, genius-level intellect, vastly superior night vision, superior sense of smell, shark-like teeth, and a jaw at least strong enough to bite through bone. All believable if extreme consequences of roughly 800,000 years of more evolution.
Weaknesses: The Chronomancer's eyes are very sensitive to light. Easily blinded by bright lights, he needs sunglasses to even live in room light comfortably. Also, the different social norms of Morloi and Human culture make things interesting if he tries to blend in. Morloi see little wrong with cannibalism for example, seeing Morloi as being higher on the food chain then humans. Not that they can't be civilized about it of course, they aren't monsters. Just make sure you are clear that when you say "Lady Fingers" that he known you mean cookies. Having evolved as a cave-dwelling predator, raw meat is a stable of his diet. It's civilization and sophistication as a thin coating over pure animal cunning, very thin at times.

Personality: Sometimes described as like a shark among the chum, layers of sophistication and intelligance hiding animal cunning underneath. Not cruel persee so much as alert and seems to view his surrondings like a predator looking for prey. He has even noted that it's quite possible that Morloi would be higher on the food chain then Humans, depending on whether or not Morloi and Humans count as the same species given the 800,000 years of evolution between them. Not that this is meant to intimidate, noting a dietary quirk of nature is no reason to not be civil after all. Often carries over bits of Morloi culture for comparison to human, much to the dismay of others around him- finds marriage a "cute superstition" and espouses ritual cannibalism for example. Otherwise seems like a bright young man on an intellectual adventure into the distant past. Dresses in the finest of Victorian age gentleman's clothes.

Physical Description: Like typical Morloi, he appears to be an albino that stands roughly six inches shorter then a normal human. While his eyes are blue they do seem much more sensitive to light, enough that he always wears shaded spectacles at all times. Admits to having the reflective retinas of lower animals such as dogs. Morloi fashion is notably influenced by Victorian fashion as a side effect of the Time Traveler's influence, and Arbarus is no exception- preferring the upper-class gentleman look.

Personal History: Victorian England always wondered what happened when The Time Traveller stepped into his machine at the end of the book, brillantly written by his supposed biographer H. G. Wells. The refusal to use the man's name was controversial to say the least but critics would hail it as a brillant artisitic choice. Some even refused to believe it was anything more then fiction, until the first Morloi message arrived.

The story they tell of the fate of the Time Traveller would solve the mystery. Determined to rebuild civilisation in the year 802,701 AD his first approach only succeeded in killing the Eloi he cherished so much. Managing to save only Weena, together they would travel the timeline making changes in hopes of preventing the conflict of Eloi and Morlock from ever occuring. Strangely, she would end up being his guideline as changes he made to the timeline changed her as well. Years would pass for The Time Traveller making changes across millienium until finally such a timeline was formed- one in which by the time 802,701 AD occured the Eloi and Morlocks had long since breed back into one race, calling themselves the Morloi.

Weena, now a Morloi named Omnesta Francium Weena, introduced him to a new civilisation who had long since surpassed the achievements of the humanity he left behind. Going off his personal timeline Arberus says he's the son of the Time Traveller and Weena and the Time Traveller lives a life of luxery among the Morloi, considered almost a godlike figure among the Morloi grateful for his courage to brave the timeline to make their civilisation possible. The Time Traveller wants for nothing, except access to his machine or anything the Morloi have backwards engineered from it. They may be grateful but they aren't stupid.

Arberus, as the son of the Time Traveller, has come back to explore humanity in this important time in it's society, or so he says. Representing the Morloi intellectual curiousity, he sees himself as a sort of anthropologist of this Human creature and adventures for knowledge and to experience humanity on it's own terms. He does his best to assure that the Morloi have no desire to invade, as his combined immune system makes him the only Morloi that can make the journey to this time period without heavy innoculations or years of radiation therapy like the Time Traveller had unwittingly undergone. Very prim and proper, rest assured. Just make sure when you say "Lady Fingers" you make it clear you mean cookies.

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

And what shall he do when the utter subjugation and annihilation of the entire human race beneath the boots of their oppressive alien overlords renders his timeline defunct and paradoxically irrelevant? Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... :D ;D :-)

TheVillain

Maybe he's what the survivors of the annihilation evolve into? Maybe by destroying the human race you drive some of them into caves where they evolve into Morloi.

Maybe by trying to prevent him, you create him- and maybe he's fine with that.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Gladiator0161

Weeelll, I admire your idea and respect it but, the facts are that with a simple click of a button or a summoning of power, your character could virtually play god with this RP.

The time traveling thing is a "no" for now, everything else about your character is fine. He's a different race with different abilites, so that's fine.
Being able to travel through time though, seriously has me worried as the GM of this RP. Simple site to site teleportation is great, time traveling through teleportation is basically playing god.

Unless you can assure me that you won't be using your time warping powers at every spur of the moment and, that you will PM me when wanting to do so. Other than accepting the prerequisites I've just mentioned, time traveling is a no go.

I'm also concerned about the cannibalism thing but, as long as you don't go into too much detail it should be fine. I don't plan on and will not be making this thread the next Saw Movie thanks.

Another thing-is your character 800,000 years old or is that just how long his race has been around?

I'm sorry if I seem picky. You're character idea is great, it's just I and Glyphstone have spent alot of time trying to come up with things for this RP and we've finally got a little bit of a plan. A simple switch of the time period just shatters everything at this point, lol.

TheVillain

No worries, if I wanted to play god I'd start my own RP. Keeping the temporal aspects down to a dull roar can easily be explained as "Paradoxes are very, very bad". I was planning more on using wits to solve problems anyway. So I have no problem with PMing.

The cannibalism will be more a joke, the idea is that he considers pretty much all the other characters lower on the food chain but is too "civilized" to indulge and there are cultural rules in play. Only the recently dead from other means, family gets first dibs, etc.

And the 800,000 years is how far into the future he's from. Far enough into the future that it takes purposeful acts to have any effect, the rest sort of level out.

Gladiator0161

Then I'm ok with your character, as long as you PM me when considering messing with the time period, we won't have a problem, lol.

You might/might not have to lose the cannibalism though, it depends on how the others feel about that.
I won't pressure others to play if there's an aspect to something they feel uncomfortable with.

I'd rather not lose players though. So, I'm fine with it as long as your not too detailed when coming to those particular scenes a.k.a. if you decide to have your character go for a midnight snack. I hope that sounds reasonable to you.

Glad to have you aboard Villain.

TheVillain

Woo! Like I said, the cannibalism will be more a running gag- being disappointed at Lady Finger cookies. A lot of raw meat in his diet will be the actual squimish thing "on camera".

Edit:- De-ruded.

Gladiator0161

That I've got no problems with, mostly because I was trained as a Certified Nurses Assistant and I got to do some stuff that would make some people squirm, but, some of the others might be more squeemish than me.

I just want others opinions on these characteristics before I slap an official "OK" on your character is all.

Pumpkin Seeds

Character seems pretty creative to me.  I do worry about time travel as I've seen it used to ill effect before, but really that's more a headache for Gladiator than me.  If kept down to teleportation with the potential of a plot device (ie precognition about horrible events to come or stepping back through time to rescue a character or allow us to accomplish some impossible task) then I think it could be fun.

Cannibalism doesn't worry me so much.  I have a good stomach (nursing assistant, nursing student and I've had the rare oppurtunity to work on a cadaver) so he isn't going to disgust me.  My only true concern there is if it comes up on camera, I don't see me character being "open-minded" on the subject.  So, I mean that is my only concern/warning is about character reaction and interaction over the topic.  Though from his writing about it he certainly seems dedicated to it merely being a quirk of his culture and probably just an oddity to set him apart.

Crovonovin

Name: Elnuthka the Everlasting
Position: Second in Command of the Earth Invasion Force
Race: Invader
Sex: Indeterminate
Abilities: Massive Strength, Superb Defenses, Regeneration, Limited Shapeshifting, Adaptive Reincarnation

Appearance (Base Form):

Personality:

Analyzing Elnuthka's personality is a difficult endeavor, for there is no single personality to study.  He is a conglomerate of minds and genetic codes from so many different conquered species that it has evolved into a new sort of consciousness altogether.  From moment to moment he can turn from a brilliant strategist into a mindless butcher, from a dry and witty commander to an incomprehensible jester.  The only psych analysis that can be applied regardless of the situation is that Elnuthka has been driven irredeemably insane from centuries of implants and splicing experiments. 

Character History:

Even the invasion force doesn't have all the records relating to Elnuthka's past.  Great chunks of them have been deleted entirely or put under so many labyrinthine security programs that accessing them becomes a lifetime endeavor.  Nobody knows what species he used to be before the genetic tampering, least of all Elnuthka himself.  His form eventually became so unstable that a massive overhaul of his entire body was required, resulting in the need for fusion with synthetics in order to keep his form contained.  The interaction between the organic and mechanical was breathtaking, as both began to coexist with one another so perfectly that the lines between the two could no longer be easily drawn.

Elnuthka's body grants him many useful talents that have allowed him to rise quickly through the ranks of the Invader military command structure.  It can take extreme amounts of punishment in combat before sustaining fatal damage, and the regenerative properties of his protean tissue and nanotechnology can even negate the damage entirely.  In the event that he receives serious wounds his unstable mass may warp or shift against his will, resulting in total restructuring of his body until it is better suited to deal with the threat at hand. 

But his greatest strength comes from a rather peculiar ability that has many of his would-be replacements baffled and frustrated by.  Whenever his life signs come to a halt, such as after an extremely dangerous encounter, his body will eventually resurrect itself and adapt so that it may not be killed by the same tactics in the future.  This goes for any part of him; severed limbs have been known to become entirely new, if weaker, entities if left unchecked.  They can even develop separate personalities.  Elnuthka has the ability to reabsorb them if necessary, particularly when some get the high-minded idea of helping the very people he has been tasked with subjugating.

Elnuthka's raw strength and nigh-impervious body has afforded him a great deal of power within the Invader Command hierarchy.  He has been known to personally lead armies during assaults on target worlds, cutting a bloody swathe across planets as they turn to ash and fire beneath his rampaging hordes.  When the Invaders have a problem they need to deal with as quickly and efficiently as possible, they throw him at it and hope for the best.  An all-purpose hammer for quelling any and all resistance.

Armaments:

Numerous.  In addition to blades, claws, teeth, tentacles, and any other sort of organic weaponry one can think of, Elnuthka has access to a staggering assortment of projectile weapons.  His nanotechnology can craft them out of his very flesh, or he can simply latch onto whatever he pleases and assimilate it into his core for later use.  Just as his tactics and mind can change at the drop of a hat, so too can his personal armory.

TheGlyphstone

Name: The Subjugator (formerly Marvin the Magnificent)
Position: Chief Warlord of Earth Invasion Force
Race: Modified Human
Sex: Male
Abilities: Immersive Illusions

When the Invaders first discovered Earth and began surveying it for an eventual invasion plan, one of the first things they did was take a number of native residents, both two and four-legged, for examination to determine what might be threatening. One of the people they abducted was a failed two-bit stage magician named Marvin, who nonetheless believed that he was destined to be the greatest man alive. Following a principle that had served them well before, he became their prime captive, undergoing dozens of complicated biomedical treatments and surgeries, altering him into something barely human but totally dedicated to the Invader cause, and sent him to lead the armada that would eradicate his former species. Seeing his psychological penchant for legerdemain, they made his power real with psychic grafting and nanobots, letting him create 'illusions' so convincing that opponents subconsciously believe them to be real, going so far as to cause actual psychosomatic damage to people who, say, attack an illusionary wall.

Name: The Arch-Arsonist
Position: Chief Warlord of Earth Invasion Force
Sex: Unknown
Abilities: Pyrokinesis

The leader of the invasion fleet sent against Earth by the galaxy-spanning Invaders empire is one of their rejects, a high command failure intended to kill itself futilely beating against Earth's notable defenses before a competent commander takes over. Grown from a stock race native to a volcano-rich world, it is a scaly, hulking winged brute of a creature, and unfortunately afflicted with what a human would call pyromania, though in its own species this is nothing more than a standard psychological trait. It wants to burn, to see Earth's seismic activity sent into overdrive and the planet reduced to a wasteland, so that it feels more like home. Like its unaugmented fellows, but more so, it can breath fire both in wide gouts and concentrated enough streams to melt through reinforced metal.

Name: Elnuthka the Everlasting
Position: Chief Warlord of the Earth Invasion Force
Abilities: Massive Strength, Superb Defenses, Regeneration, Limited Shapeshifting, Adaptive Reincarnation

According to some, the enigmatic and devastating 'Elnuthka', definitely the highest-ranking Invader seen on Earth's surface since the invasion began, is not the second in command, but the actual authority.

Name: The Consumer
Position: Chief Warlord of the Earth Invasion Force
Abilities: Lifeforce absorption, shapeshifting

The Invaders relentlessly attacking Earth are doing so because it is a rich bounty of life and lifeforce, which they need to survive and have already drained most other planets in the galaxy of. Their leader is tall, thin and pale, with prominent vestigal fangs on an otherwise humanoid appearance, and one of the most ravenous of their high command. It is known for interrogating prisoners personally, torturing them before draining them of their life and spirit for sustenance, or using complicated nanotechnologies to restructure its cellular form into that of a huge animal to tear the unfortunate captive apart.

Name: E.T. In Charge
Position: Chief Warlord of Earth
Abilities: Healing Touch, Mind Control, Levitation

The Invaders are the stereotypical "Grey' aliens, who first came in the 50's to steal cattle and do odd experiments on abducted humans, as well as implant suggestions for popular culture icons and medias that would cause humans to underestimate them when they came back. Their leader is the now-promoted original commander of that scout force, who personally supplied the powerful Earth authority known as 'Spielberg' with the subliminally programmed plans for their grassroots misinformation campaign.

----------------------------

Are any or all of the above true, in fragments or combination? It's hard to say, because the Invaders themselves don't speak any Earth language, and the handful of mutant telepaths on hand have only revealed that the Invaders practice an almost religious version of information control - the basic grunts and field commanders barely know anything beyond their current assignment right before they are deployed, and it has so far been impossible to take any higher-ranking individuals alive before they suicide.

Gladiator0161

I like them all Glyphstone. Which ones you keep and which ones you throw away is ultimately up to you, but, I'd keep them all to further throw our characters off track, lol.

Niki315

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on November 04, 2009, 08:36:48 PM
I like them all Glyphstone. Which ones you keep and which ones you throw away is ultimately up to you, but, I'd keep them all to further throw our characters off track, lol.

Hehe, that was sorta half IC - I know my real background, but I'm not saying which, if any, of them posted here is accurate.

Gladiator0161

Yes, we're finally close Niki, we're just waiting on Wolfy now, lol.

I guess depending on whether Wolfy is going to be a Ranger or not we can start, I mean we have waited long enough, lol.

What do you guys think? Wait for Wolfy to get his character done? or go ahead and start and let him jump in as soon as he can?

Ofcourse, I don't mean to leave you out of this also Wolfy, so if you read this then please, tell us your opinion on the matter.

Treena

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Gladiator0161

Not for the Rangers, but, we have several bad guys openings.

Treena

hrmm, can play a bad girl. ~laughs wickedly as she thinks of the evil things she would do to the rangers~

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Wolfy

Start with out me for now..o3o Maybe I can jump in as the 6th ranger. xD

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Treena on November 07, 2009, 02:29:06 AM
hrmm, can play a bad girl. ~laughs wickedly as she thinks of the evil things she would do to the rangers~

As long as you're willing to stretch your definition of 'girl' to accomodate some decidedly non-human biology :) - my 'right-hand brute enforcer' is occupied, but there's plenty of other space to fill in my advisory panel...after all, Evil is a growth industry!

GreenHavok