Soul Society - Recruiting, need Lieutenants & Officers!

Started by Primarch, December 03, 2012, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

A Bleach game, I'd let to establish a "the day to day life" of the Shinigami, ideally players would mainly be playing Shinigami (playing multiple characters is fine, but we'll limit it to one Captain/Lieutenant per player at first until we see how many people we have). Taking up a Hallow (personal) NPC to give people a reason to head to Earth and get to some action will also be absolutely fine. Personally I see this game being primarily OC, make it our own Soul Society.

Once the game is established a bit we'll start bringing in other character types.

Beyond that, any interest/idea's/questions?

azzmeister89

Primarch

Good start!

Anything little input for the game? Anything you'd like to see? Initial character ideas?

BruceTheCat

I would also like to express my interest!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

1SAZ

Since that will allow me to bring back one of my favorite OCs, I'm interested.

Primarch

That would make 4 of us. Not bad initial interest.

Silk

I havent watched bleach for a while but I would defently be interested :)

Primarch

I've not watched it in ages, I just love the setting.

Primarch

Okay, before the game starts we'll get a few pieces in place. As I already stated each player can take one Captain/Lieutenant position from the get go and once things are a bit more established we'll open up more slots as we have them to offer. One thing I'd like to point out is it would be appreciated if the Captains/Lieutenants took not just an IC responsibility for their division but also OOC. Help them get involved in the RP or act as a point of contact between other players and myself.

In the meantime, if people want to reserve something ahead of time before I put up the character template feel free.

*Please note, some Divisions have been closed until the population of Divisions that have already seen interest rises. Further Divisions will open up in time, assuming increases in characters brought in.

1st Division - Leadership

• Captain-Commander - Primarch
  • Lieutenant - Reserved

2nd Division - Special Forces

• Captain - azzmeister89
  • Lieutenant

3rd Division

• Captain
  • Lieutenant

4th Division - Medical/Supply/Janitorial

• Captain - xSnorkleRainbow
  • Lieutenant

5th Division

• Captain
  • Lieutenant

6th Division

• Captain
  • Lieutenant

7th Division

• Captain
  • Lieutenant

8th Division

• Captain
  • Lieutenant

9th Division - Security Force, Arts & Culture

• Captain - Red Lobster
  • Lieutenant

10th Division

• Captain
  • Lieutenant

11th Division - Melee Combat "The Fighting Squad"

• Captain
  • Lieutenant

12th Division - R&D of new Technology and Spiritual Tools

• Captain - A Japanese Dane
  • Lieutenant - JiJi Nanoya

13th Division

• Captain - 1SAZ
  • Lieutenant

1SAZ

I'd like to reserve either 12th or 13th division, depending on if anyone wants the other.

Primarch

Quote from: 1SAZ on December 04, 2012, 11:09:01 AM
I'd like to reserve either 12th or 13th division, depending on if anyone wants the other.

Let me know once you've made a decision and I'll slap a reservation down.

xPeachyPuff

I would like to throw my interest out for playing the 4th Division's Captain and maybe even the 4th Division's Lieutenant too, if possible.
-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 04, 2012, 11:43:04 AM
I would like to throw my interest out for playing the 4th Division's Captain.

-xSRx

You got it.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on December 04, 2012, 11:49:15 AM
You got it.

Just letting you know I edited the post you replied to xD! Sorry xD
-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 04, 2012, 11:50:15 AM
Just letting you know I edited the post you replied to xD! Sorry xD
-xSRx

I'm afraid we're limiting Captain/Lieutenant positions to one per player for now :P But if the space is still open later on we can re-visit that.

xPeachyPuff

Alright, not a problem them. Sticking the with Captain for now (:

-xSRx

1SAZ

I've decided captain of 13th for myself. Thank you.

Silk

I'll be after a non- leader role, ;)

Wajin

would love to be part of this, huge fan of Bleach, would love being the 12th division captain
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Primarch

Quote from: 1SAZ on December 04, 2012, 12:45:02 PM
I've decided captain of 13th for myself. Thank you.

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on December 04, 2012, 12:52:16 PM
would love to be part of this, huge fan of Bleach, would love being the 12th division captain

You got it.

Wajin

So where would we write our character descriptions?-
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Primarch

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on December 04, 2012, 02:03:31 PM
So where would we write our character descriptions?-

I've not posted a character sheet yet, but when I do you can post the filled in template here.

JiJi Nanoya

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on December 04, 2012, 12:52:16 PM

My username...is in your Siggy?!?
*Mind...blown*

I take Lieutenant for 12th division.
You saved me from my sorrow,
Restored my rightful name.
I praise your deeds through song,
My soul; forever yours it shall remain

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

Wajin

Quote from: JiJi Nanoya on December 04, 2012, 02:45:12 PM
My username...is in your Siggy?!?
*Mind...blown*

I take Lieutenant for 12th division.

hehe, it's a little cute piece of code ;) makes it so people see their own username in my siggy... though I see my own <.<

JiJi Nanoya

That's so awesome. So everyone sees their own username. Can't even trust my own eyes anymore. D:<

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

Primarch

Primarch

How would people feel about removing Divisions that have no specific purpose and haven't received a single interested member by this time tomorrow? So further interested individuals will fill up the already active Divisions and we populate them before opening further Shinigami groups?

We'll also begin character creation tomorrow.

JiJi Nanoya

For the sake of getting a solid group to work with, I think it's a fine strategy. I'm rather excited.

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

1SAZ

It definitely would help fill up the empty slots of the divisions. Like JiJi said, I'm excited.

Wajin

Silk

Works for me, it also means we won't have everyone as a captain or leitenant and will have a bit more of a varied group.

azzmeister89

Primarch

Well if you guys are this excited who am I to get in the way? Here's a character template.

Player: The player
Name: Character name
Division: Is this obvious?
Appearance: Appropriate image please
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths: Your characters 4 best skills

Weaknesses: Your characters 2 worst skills

Zanpakutō:
Name: If applicable
Shikai If applicable
Bankai If applicable, Captain's only

History: Brief history of your characters afterlife. 

[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Division:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[spoiler][center][img]URLHERE[/img][/center][/spoiler]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Zanpakutō:[/b]
[i]Name:[/i]
[i]Shikai[/i]
[i]Bankai[/i]

[b]History:[/b]

xPeachyPuff

Awesome. I'll try to get a character profile up now. (:

-xSRx

Primarch

I've closed 6 Divisions for now, they'll remain closed until the Divisions that have already received interest or a specific focus are populated.

BruceTheCat

If it is not already taken, may I grab the spot for he 9th Division Captain?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 04, 2012, 05:21:25 PM
If it is not already taken, may I grab the spot for he 9th Division Captain?
Quote from: azzmeister89 on December 04, 2012, 04:55:38 PM
I'll take captaincy of division 2

Done.

azzmeister89

Player: Azzmeister89
Name: Tetsuya Taiga
Division: second
Appearance: the guy in the picture but in shinigami uniform and without the odd looking sword, he appears to be 19 years of age
http://udonnodu.deviantart.com/art/Moonlit-Shinigami-75424079

Strengths:

1. can hide his spiritual pressure to such a level that he is almost untraceable
2. Taiga is ambidextrous meaning he can weild his blade in both hands just as effectively, giving birth to his unpredictable fighting style
3. shunpo is a skill that comes easily to Taiga, he has never met anyone who can match his speed
4. Taiga is very tactically minded and studied the art of war thoroughly

Weaknesses:
1. physically he is not very powerful and relies on his speed and technique to win fights
2. apart from the one or two spells that he has learnt he is useless with kidou

Zanpakutō:
Name: buraindosaido (blind side)

Shikai the blade becomes transparent and has the ability to direct the opponants attention somewhere other then on the blade

Bankai in bankai not only does the blade stay in a transparent form but it grows to a buster blade size and can also direct the opponants attention from Taiga himself not just the weapon, the few special moves of the bankai use the lack of visability to make sudden strikes that can't be predicted and sometimes not even seen.

History:
Born in the 18th district of the Rukongai Taiga had an average up bringing, his father was a merchant who's business helped to provide medical supplies to the Shinigami's training academy. his mother was a shinigami herself and quite a high ranking one at that, before she died she was captain of the sixth division and was even rumored to be expected to join the ranks of the Zero Division.

when he was old enough, just ten years after his mothers death in the line of duty Taiga entered the academy, beating his mothers three years record by graduating only two years after entering. he was specialy chosen to enter the second division through the stealth force and despite his potential was given the rank of 8th seat upon graduating, it wasn't until almost 100 years later that his abilities were recognized and he made Lieutenant.

upon gaining the second highest rank in his division Taiga began to see for himself his own potential and began training for his bankai in earnest. The training was hard and he landed himself in the fourth division hospital many times but after a further 150 years he achieved bankai. This was the point which tradegy struck, during a weekly training bout with the captain of division two, a stray kidou spell hit the captains back, causing him to fall on his own sword. the wound killed him and Taiga was then asked by the other officers of division two to take over as captain, three days later he was given the Haori and has been serving as captain of squad two for the last 150 years.

xPeachyPuff

Let me know what you think of her! Had a little trouble with her History at first, but I hope she's alright (: Would love all your feedback. Thanks again!

-xSRx

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Player: xSnorkleRainbow
Name: (First)Ami (Last)Motoko
Division: 4th Division
Appearance:
Body/Looks: Outfit:

Strengths:
* First to note would be her quickness. Due to her small size, Ami is extremely quick. Due to her speed, she easily picked up the art of Shunpo.
* Flexibility. She is very flexible again mostly due to her size and training.
* Ami has an immense amount of spiritual power. Her short temper often effects her spiritual pressure and can cause it to flare wildly sometimes; she doesn't always have complete control.
* Ami is proud of her exceptional swordsmanship and enjoys to practice her skills alone rather than with an audience.

Weaknesses:
* Patience. Ami is very, very inpatient. She hasn't got time to waste and will tell you when you are doing so.
* Hotheadedness. She can be extremely hot headed and can snap unpredictably. This also means she's quite headstrong, even though she isn't amazing at fighting on the front lines.
* Despite first impressions, anything outside of 'work' makes her extremely uncomfortable and she can be very timid because of that.
* Ami isn't particularly well trained in physical combat. Of course, being assigned to the 4th Division has saved her some humiliation because of having the least amount of tact in sparring. She can hold her own though and will always try her best. She hates to lose after all!

Zanpakutō:
Name: Ritoruhīrā. (Meaning 'Little Healer'.)
Shikai Her Shikai consists of the simple release command: Cure. When this word is spoken with the intent to release her Zanpakuto, the steel of her sword will disperse into a light green mist before shooting out in all different directions towards her teammates. It can connect to as many people as possible, though only within a 30 yard radius. It connects to the others spiritual pressure and cures all their injuries steadily over a period of time. It is obvious who it is connected to because of the bright green beams connecting from her sword to the person.
Bankai Ami's Bankai consists of her sword once again dispersing into a green mist before the particles dart out into different directions. Shortly after this motion, a massive green shield will fill the area of around 5 miles. All allies in this area will be instantly cured and their energy and spiritual pressure will slowly return to them, leaving them feeling refreshed. All enemies in said area will be plunged into total darkness, loosing all senses and feeling in their limps to wander endlessly. Of course, once the Bankai is stopped or such, the enemies will be returned to reality, though not necessarily in once piece.

History: Ami was brought up in the 79th District in North Rukongai. She was taken into a household deep within the District after being found sleeping on the streets. The family was a large one, made up of a middle aged woman and man who appeared to be married, and around 7 other children; 3 girls, including herself and 5 boys. They weren't related in anyway, but the couple always talked about their dreams of children and they thought of each of them as their own. They treated them as if they were their own. It was different, having so many siblings; Ami defiantly wasn't used to it and often preferred being alone. If she wasn't by herself, she was probably getting into and losing fights with the neighbor rough boys who were a few years older than her and a lot bigger. She'd take on them all by herself though, of course. After losing one of these fights was she approached by a young, beautiful black haired woman her told her stories of a special school where she could learn things like how to fight and swords. Apparently, she sensed a immense pressure in the child, which was rare from children her age. She would often meet with this lady as she grew older, seeing her and stopping her in the streets.

Once she was old enough, the stranger, who's name she'd never heard, showed her the way to Shin'ō Academy; the school she had spoke of in her many stories before. Ami attended but she didn't have the most easiest of starts. She didn't make any close friends and still preferred to stay on her own. She struggled to even speak with her teachers, let alone other students and she failed to graduate around 4 times due to her temper and lack of control. Of course, she did manage to pass after she'd managed to learn a little restraint and sadly, she never saw the mysterious woman after her introducing Ami to Shin'ō Academy and wishing her the best of luck.

Primarch

@azzmeister, please review the CS I provided and try again.

@Rainbow, I'm afraid massive spirit pressure & excellent swordsmanship skills are separate strengths. Although as a Captain it would be assumed her spirit pressure is massive, so unless you want to highlight that her spirit pressure is massive even by Captain standards, you could leave that out.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on December 04, 2012, 06:08:26 PM

@Rainbow, I'm afraid massive spirit pressure & excellent swordsmanship skills are separate strengths. Although as a Captain it would be assumed her spirit pressure is massive, so unless you want to highlight that her spirit pressure is massive even by Captain standards, you could leave that out.

Noted. Edited my profile. Yes I wanted it to be very clear that her Spiritual pressure is very impressive. Hope it's alright (:
-xSRx

azzmeister89

BruceTheCat

One thing azz,can you go into more detail on your mother? Or change it to where she was previously the captain of the 6th squad? By stating in your back story that she was he Captain of the 9th before I took over, I need to work that into mine as I was probably her lieutenant.

Did you already have something for this?
- scribus1000

azzmeister89

I can do that, just give me a few hours, just woke up

azzmeister89

there you go lobster, that should make things easier

Primarch

@azzmesiter, you're strengths/weaknesses are completely out of balance. Since I only asked for 2 weaknesses I really expect them to be semi-decent, certainly not a positive personality trait phrased into a weakness. Considering his strengths & rank I'd be reluctant on his history.

@Rainbow, looks good.

azzmeister89

right i'll re-think his weaknesses

BruceTheCat

Currently working on the character sheet! I'll have it up later today.
- scribus1000

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on December 05, 2012, 08:17:14 AM

@Rainbow, looks good.

Awesome. Glad you think so. Hope other people like her as well. Again, if anyone has any feedback for her character and whatnot, please don't hesitate to have a say (:

-xSRx

Silk

Hardest part for me is deciding on abilities xD

BruceTheCat

Would it be considered a valid weakness if they have an ability that is extremely difficult to control?

I was thinking of giving my character a Bankai that is on similar power scale to the one Hitsugaya uses when it made that snowing effect. However I wanted to make it much more overly destructive to the point where it could likely do more harm than good if anyone or anything were present other than just me and the opponent.
- scribus1000

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 05, 2012, 10:10:43 AM
Would it be considered a valid weakness if they have an ability that is extremely difficult to control?

I was thinking of giving my character a Bankai that is on similar power scale to the one Hitsugaya uses when it made that snowing effect. However I wanted to make it much more overly destructive to the point where it could likely do more harm than good if anyone or anything were present other than just me and the opponent.

Bankai are generally supposed to be big and destructive, I don't think I'd consider it a weakness that his Bankai obliterates just about anything around it regardless of his intent. As far as Bankai goes that sounds like a strength.

BruceTheCat

Got it, thanks! I only thought about it because I couldn't remember a Bankai (please refresh my memory if there is one) that ever posed a threat to the allies around the user. I thought this might be an interesting negative.
- scribus1000

Silk

Don't think there is one that intentionally does it as a side effect, it just comes down to the weilder.

Wajin

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on December 05, 2012, 11:12:45 AM
Player: A Japanese Dane
Name: Ihabara Sosuke
Division: 12th
Appearance:

Strengths:

• Genius level intellect - Sosuke's mental capacity is tremendous, the former captain of the 12th division even doubting that the Research Institutes computers could run scenarios as fast as Sosuke's brain.
  • Extreme speed -  Despite looking sickly and weak, Sosuke has enormous speed thanks to the experiments he's carried out on himself
  • Kido proficiency - He, like other captains of the division before him, is a kido expert specializing in Hado but severely lacking in He, like other captains of the division before him, is a kido expert specializing in Bakudo
  • Inflated Reiatsu reserves - He has also artificially inflated his Reiatsu to be able to do some of the experiments he wants to do
  • Gadgets - Sosuke carries around some of his favorite gadgets, ranging from offensive weapons to pranks for Chisiyo

Weaknesses:

• Extreme trust issues and paranoia - Sosuke suffers from extreme trust issues, believing everyone with the exception of those in his own division to be either keeping things from him, or taking about him. He takes this as far as to refuse to fight opponents that don't directly threaten his own troops
  • Blind trust and dependency on Chisiyo - Due to the way they grew up, Sosuke focuses and functions very poorly without Chisiyo around.
  • Extreme weak body - with the exception of his legs and brain the rest of Sosuke's body is poorly maintained making him immensely weak in close combat and through prolonged fights as he easily tires and needs enormous amounts of rest afterwards, often sleeping for weeks after a tough fight.
  • Decaying mind - due to his isolation Sosuke's mind and connection with normal people is slowly decaying, his sanity often questioned, but his loyalty never doubted.

Zanpakutō: while sealed his Zanpakutō takes the form of a regular katana

Name: Kurobara (黒薔薇, Black Rose)

Shikai:

Incantation: Kurosu, Kurobare (殺す黒薔薇, Massacre, Black Rose)

Appearance: while in its shikai, the blade disperses and forms two small flying rose flowers that hover by Sosuke's shoulders, when he initiates combat the flowers either close, entering their offensive state, where they're able to fire beam of concentrated Reiatsu. While opened the roses can function as shields to defend Sosuke, and both of them can at any given time form a hilt for him to grab, the rose forming a blade of reiatsu.

Bankai

Name: Sen Kurobare no Sogi (千黒薔薇の葬儀, funeral of a thousand black roses)

Appearance: The roses multiply a thousand times creating a huge amount of roses, each of them able to both attack and defend Sosuke, the weakness of them being the concentration require to control all of them at once. His ultimate technique with Sekai no ha (世界の刃, World Blade) all of the roses with the exception of one gathers in a large circle before firing their combined blast into the single one left, using it as a catalyst to produce a awe inspiring energy blade.

History: Not much of Sosuke’s past is known, what they are sure of though, is that he was on watch by Mayuri Kurotsuchi of the 12th division, along with other potential test subjects and possible shinigami candidates, for a long time growing up as he was already back then unusually intelligent. He also took in a young girl early on, her being his current vice-captain Chisoyo. They took up arms together to defend their home from gangs and bullying. Ihabara’s powers showed themselves then, Kurobara appearing before Sosuke who in turn whispered to it, releasing it for the first time, a feat which would take him decades to repeat, the first time being an accident more than skill, annihilating all the ill doers in his neighbourhood at once. From then he rose in remarkable speed through first the academy, not unlike Toshiro Hitsugaya, with the exception of close quarter combat which took him immense time and effort to even pass. By now Mayuri Kurotsuchi was gone from the 12th division, and by the time Sosuke came, the leader had changed. He quickly proved himself to be more than capable of supervising the senior members of the division. as part of his training and to test his intellect. His genius was further proved when he build a Gigai for Shinigami wanting to the leave the corps for good, by allowing them to reproduce, this research having gone on with other members of the division for years, but with Sosuke in charge of the project. It was about this time he overheard other divisions talking about him, especially some of the more combat active shinigami wanting him gone to make them look good. He grew paranoid and started to withdraw further and further into himself, focusing his attention over the next few centuries, on rising through the division's ranks so he could set up more surveillance equipment to monitor his surroundings .

Silk

Bleh I can't think of any ability I'd like, if people have any idea's for a Kusari-Gama Shinkai could you let me know Via PM please I would be grateful xD

Primarch

Feck it, laptop just crashed and lot the app I was working on. -_- Back to square one I go. In the meantime however.

Dane, if you could format your strengths & weaknesses into distinct separate entries in a manner similar to azzmeister & SnorkleRainbow it would be appreciated. Like azzmeister however, your weaknesses are very unbalanced in comparison to your strengths. As I said to azz, since I'm only asking for half as many weaknesses as I am strengths, they should be at least semi-decent weaknesses.

I'm saying this to Dane but I'd like it on note in general for anyone still working on an app. Not everyone can be the exception. Please no more apps with big strengths, small weaknesses and the most important part I want to get across, a history that reads "born brilliant, graduated the academy with flying colours and soared up the ranks to Captaincy." Since you don't have to work IC towards being a Captain, at least make the rise to the top reasonable. Decades aren't exactly a bit deal to Shinigami.

xPeachyPuff

Just letting you know I've edited my characters History a little. Was really struggling with it yesterday but I just wanted to get her up. Have added and changed a few things now though.

-xSRx

Wajin

Quote from: Primarch on December 05, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
Feck it, laptop just crashed and lot the app I was working on. -_- Back to square one I go. In the meantime however.

Dane, if you could format your strengths & weaknesses into distinct separate entries in a manner similar to azzmeister & SnorkleRainbow it would be appreciated. Like azzmeister however, your weaknesses are very unbalanced in comparison to your strengths. As I said to azz, since I'm only asking for half as many weaknesses as I am strengths, they should be at least semi-decent weaknesses.

I'm saying this to Dane but I'd like it on note in general for anyone still working on an app. Not everyone can be the exception. Please no more apps with big strengths, small weaknesses and the most important part I want to get across, a history that reads "born brilliant, graduated the academy with flying colours and soared up the ranks to Captaincy." Since you don't have to work IC towards being a Captain, at least make the rise to the top reasonable. Decades aren't exactly a bit deal to Shinigami.

Just clarifying, I never put a time frame on how fast he got to captaincy, could have been centuries, I just said he worked towards it harder than before. But with that said, I'll adjust his weaknesses

azzmeister89

ok i edited my characters history to make it seem more logical

JiJi Nanoya

Player:JiJi Nanoya
Name: Chisoyo Sarada
Division: 12 Division
Appearance:

Shikai

Strengths:

~Keen attention to detail. Chisoyo is proud if her attention complex, having need to want to keep tabs on everyone in her vicinity and then some.

~Hakuda. Although many believe that Chisoyo is primarily a bow adept, she has practiced Tai-Chi and learned to harness the power within the Open Palm.

~Reiatsu. It takes Chisoyo a ridiculous amount of Spiritual Pressure to sustain her bow capabilities, thus she has trained with her Captain in attempts of mastering this ability like he has. Though she has a long way to go, she still has a considerable grasp on this.

~Stealth. Her natural element is being quick, lethal, and unseen. She very rarely is seen in a one on one combat situation based in her combat class. As everyone knows, the things you don't see always Hirt the most.

Weaknesses:

~Blades. Chisoyo absolutely cannot engage in armed combat with a blade. Having barely passed formal training in swordsmanship and has lost every blades duel since.

~Anger. This woman is normally calm and dismissive to anyone that isn't her Captain. Though she isn't Extremely confrontational, Chisoyo has an anger issue that causes her to fly of the handle at ill opportune scenarios.

~Ihabara. Her loyalty to Ihabara is unwaverable. She is often mocked for supporting such an unstable captain, which she retorts with angry responses. She is reckless and will not devise a strategy of he is in danger.

~Enigma. Chisoyo absolutely loses it when she feels she is being ignored. She does not have very much to say but when she does, it seems important to her. To ignore her is to spit on her, the ultimate sign of disrespect.

Zanpakutō:

Name:器用さ
Kiyō-sa (Meaning Dexterity)
Shikai: "I can see clearly now!" When her spiritual pressure is set primarily towards her eyes and arms. She sacrifices her senses of taste and touch to enhance her vision. Also allowing multiple projectiles to fire at once. This also allows attachments from the Research Division. Bow and arrow converts to mechanical features as well as an expansion pack that is equipped to the backside to allow flight capabilities. Mixed with Spiritual pressure and Technology enhances accuracy, range, power, and flight. Interchangeable arrowheads that vary from explosive, hook shot, tranquilizer, and smokescreen. Spiritual pressure output fuels the cells in her expansion pack with gears mechanical wings for as long as her spirit is maintained.
Bankai

History:

Her parents were removed a few years after her birth. She was assigned to an unknown district before fleeing after realizing they were not her true parents. Her life became the shadows, skulking the alleyways and scaling rooftops in her spare time. As a child, her treasured possession was a slingshot she found in her old home. Chisoyo was bullied often by those more fortunate than she, which is where her anger complex stemmed from. One day she decided to help herself to food that did not belong to her, as retribution for being chastised by the golden opportunity children. She found herself outnumbered and had been given a collective beating for her actions. 

It was then that she met Ihabara. His power had been far greater than any student she had laid eyes upon before. Her fondest memory is how elegantly his hair swayed as he punished those that had wronged her. Ihabara was her elder and offered to take her under her wing which she gladly accepted. She devoted herself to  him and understood that he was not as crazy as everyone thought him. He rose through the ranks and soon he was out of her reach.

Chisoyo independently studied the art of unarmed combat which had been her first actual foundation of combat. As her instructors informed her that she would need a weapon to protect herself, the bow had become second nature as it reminded her of the slingshot she still held dear. Her stealth and stability made her an excellent choice for termination missions, and she would ocassionally visit the Research Department for quick glances at Ihabara. Her field prowess had been enhanced due to the attachments that were provided by the 12th Division, and she ultimately requested to be assigned to their ranks after learning of Ihabara's promotion to Captain. Once again at her mentors side, she vowed nothing would keep her from protecting him like he had done for her.

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

Primarch

@Dane, I was making a point for the general attention of everyone. But since you want to make a point, his history still states that he got his sword with seemingly no training and instantly released it, a previous Captain has him on radar for being extremely intelligent, later phrased as genius, went through the academy with "amazing speed," and later "quickly" proved himself to be suitable to supervise the senior members. I really don't see why you felt the need to make me aware that you left out details so it "could" have been a long time before he became a Captain. You wrote an app that consistently had him moving through things quickly. If you want to make it clear something took him centuries, don't leave out details and use it as an excuse to "clarify," just include the detail. 

@JiJi, looks good for the most part. But is her Zanpakutō a sword that converts into a bow upon being released or always a bow and just gets better? Because being a bow the entire time would be highly irregular. Going from a sword into another weapon there's a precedence on however.

Wajin

edited my story and weaknesses and strengths

Primarch

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on December 05, 2012, 01:05:30 PM
edited my story and weaknesses and strengths

Looks solid.
I'll get up a character page & ooc page later. Anyone approved can feel free to transfer the apps.

JiJi Nanoya

I figured a bow would be more than reasonable. Say for instance she were to be redirected to another squad as captain upon being promoted. Not only would it be a sign of originality but a symbol of her independence. Also, this is an OC roleplay. I don't see much harm in having said weapon to being a bow, specially if she is not proficient in swordplay. That would mean that she is at extreme odds outside of releasing. This is our own society is it not?

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

azzmeister89

seeing as your character is in squad 12 it could be a alteration on the blade so it permanently became a bow even in its sealed state, although i'm unsure of how your going to have all the arrows you'll need, i don't think a sealed blade would be able to produce any using Reiatsue.

Silk

Well, part of the lore is how people are able to hide their Zanpactou as other objects of similar sizes, Canes and alike, so hiding it as a bow isn't too far off.

Primarch

Quote from: JiJi Nanoya on December 05, 2012, 01:18:55 PM
I figured a bow would be more than reasonable. Say for instance she were to be redirected to another squad as captain upon being promoted. Not only would it be a sign of originality but a symbol of her independence. Also, this is an OC roleplay. I don't see much harm in having said weapon to being a bow, specially if she is not proficient in swordplay. That would mean that she is at extreme odds outside of releasing. This is our own society is it not?

Its a game with OC characters yes, but we're playing within an established setting. Zanpakutō manifest as swords, there's a precedence of them becoming other weapons after being released and I'd have no problem with her becoming a bow. Releasing to shikai is no big deal to a Lieutenant level shinigami, in fact there's probably not many situations that would require a Lieutenant level Shinigami without needing them to release their weapon to shikai.

QuoteWell, part of the lore is how people are able to hide their Zanpactou as other objects of similar sizes, Canes and alike, so hiding it as a bow isn't too far off.
Yamamoto hides his in a cane, but he needs to break it out of the cane to actually use it.

Silk

Could also be a established weakness of the character that she has to Shikai to be useful in combat :)

JiJi Nanoya

It doesn't really matter. It will be made manifest through a blade that she won't use often. Hand to hand defensive tactics if she should ever find herself in a difficult situation and break out the blade if it absolutely calls for it. Keeps it simple.

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

Primarch

Quote from: JiJi Nanoya on December 05, 2012, 01:56:47 PM
It doesn't really matter. It will be made manifest through a blade that she won't use often. Hand to hand defensive tactics if she should ever find herself in a difficult situation and break out the blade if it absolutely calls for it. Keeps it simple.

I'm not against that.

Primarch

Player: Primarch
Name: Goro Oshiro
Division: 1st
Appearance:

With the inclusion of standard outfit, of course

Strengths:

• Spirit Pressure - The Captain Commander possess reiatsu expected for one of his station. By most Shinigami and beings aware of reiatsu it is considered utterly monstrous in scale. Releasing his spirit pressure is known to cause lightning storms, the element associated with his Zanpakutō.
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat - In the history of Soul Society, there are none whom can rightfully claim to have been a contender for his mastery of Hakuda.
  • Swordsmanship - Goro is as talented with sword combat as one would expect for the man that has been the Captain-Commander of the Shinigami since their founding. Even by the standards of Captains he is very talented.
  • Shunpo - While not to the level of his swordsmanship and certainly not his hand-to-hand, Takehiko is a noted master of Shunpo even among the other Captains and has extensive experience.
Weaknesses:

• Kido - Goro has always been more martial then magical in his combat. If it were not for his immense spirit pressure & experience his kido would be truly dismal. Among the Captains his kido is below average, something even more noticeable as he is the Captain-Commander.
  • Traditionlist - Goro is very, very old. He has spent so long creating, pondering and enforcing the laws of the Shinigami he has come to believe they are absolute. Most situations have become black and white to him. He is stubborn with the laws and traditions of the Shinigami and very slow to accept new ideas and even slower to implement new policies in Soul Society. It is an unfortunate truth that the Shinigami will never really modernize while Goro Oshiro is Captain-Commander. 
Zanpakutō:
Name: Kami kirā (God Killer)
Shikai Ten no himei o tsukuru (Make the Heavens scream)
When Captain-Commander Goro Oshiro releases Kami Kira it alters its form from a katana to a Dai-Katana, it is an event that can be detected by everything for a great distance due to the huge spike of spirit pressure, it is further evident by the storm clouds forming for miles around, as Kami Kira is a lightning weapon. While released the blade is coated in constant lightning and creates the boom of thunder when it strikes an object (or person). By pointing Kami Kira towards an object Goro can fire streams of lightning that are known to vaporise just about anything. 

Bankai Kami kirā, Tengokutodjigoku no ryōhō o shūryō suru koto ga dekiru mono o akiraka (God Killer, Reveal that which may end both Heaven and Hell)
When Kami Kira's Bankai is triggered, the lightning storms created by his shikai become unnaturally violent and begin to damage the surrounding area to such a degree that by Goro's own admission they would eventually destroy everything, himself included. Regardless the presence of this lightning grants Goro a noticeable boost to his physical properties. During his Bankai he can perform several special abilities, such as an advanced version of his Shikai ability to point the blade in a certain direction to fire streams of lightning. He can also draw the entirety of the lightning towards his blade for a super charged attack or to "fling" it towards an opponent. This always results in massive collateral damage. He can also proceed a thunderous boom that releases a wave of impact so powerful it causes visible movement in the air (not to mention the ring moving out from his body knocks back whatever it encounters with terrifying force). It should be noted that with his massive spirit pressure released, most individuals cannot stand in the presence of his Bankai, it would certainly be lethal to the vast majority of non-Captain powered entities.   

History:
Back before the Shinigami existed Goro Oshiro was just a man. In those days there was no formal training for a Zanpakutō, one learned its name and grew in power or they did not. It was that simple. Some of those that had learned the name of their swords, such as Goro, believed they could protect others with their power. They were right, but how they did it was wrong. They were very few in number back then, dozens at most. Not the thousands the Shinigami can muster these days. At first they protected small local areas but as it grew, they stopped knowing the names of the people they were protecting. When the people they protected became faceless masses it became easier to stop caring about the reason and more about the process. Protectors became leaders, and the leaders watched carefully for anyone to slip up.

Things started to change when Goro and two of his dearest friends, whom he considered brothers wandered the Earth battling Hollows. They came upon a creature the likes of which had never been seen before. They tried to fight it but it was hopeless. His comrades told him to run and get the others, they would hold back the ferocious hollow. With a heavy heart Goro did so. When they returned the fight was devastating, he had brought dozens of men that would form the first Shinigami, but other Hollows had come, attracted to the events. The day was won in the end, but the survivors released things needed to change. From that day the Shinigami was born. Goro Oshiro was elected their leader, for he his Zanpakutō was the most powerful and he had wisdom to match. In time the Academy was founded and the warriors trained, they passed on their skills over time they became a true defense force.

But those were the days when Goro had colour in his hair. It has been two thousand years since the Shinigami was founded. In that time much has changed. These days he continues his mission and duty.

In the interest of fairness I suppose its only right one of you should review my app. Snorkle, you were approved first if I remember correctly. How about you do it?

xPeachyPuff

It'd be my pleasure. (: It all sounds good to me. Good balance of strengths and weaknesses and I like his back story. I'm pretty sure everyone else would be happy with him too.

-xSRx

Primarch

Alrighty then, I'll set up OOC & character threads. Any requests on which board its in? I'm not expecting this to be a particularly sex filled game or anything but I'm not going to stop you from having your fun if it does come up.

Wajin

BruceTheCat

Posting up my character. I don't have a picture yet (that always takes me forever). Please give me some feedback!

Player: Red Lobster
Name: Corin Kirikata
Division: 9th Division
Appearance:

Strengths:

Rare Zanpakuto: Corin’s sword is among one of the most powerful Zanpakutos in existence, and is currently the strongest when it comes to defensive weapons.

Doing it for a while: Corin is not a new Captain. He has been Captain of the 9th Division long enough to have seen every position of Captain come and go, save of course for the General himself.

Strong Combatant: Years of being a Captain have given Corin the edge at being a very powerful combatant, strictly through knowledge and experience rather than being a genius Shinigami.

Good Teacher: Having been a Captain for as long as he has, Corin is an exceptional teacher. He takes pride in every student, and often spends most of his time in the ‘classroom’.

Weaknesses:

Black and White attitude: Corin has been the Captain of the 9th Division for an extremely long time, and during those years he has adopted an extremely overzealous view of what is right and wrong. He is not often overtly rude, however the man has a dedication to his moral ideals that bridges on insanity. There is no gray area, and those who believe there is are unworthy of being a Shinigami.

Strategic Mind: Corin’s Bankai ability is extremely straight forward. He has almost never had the need to out-think his opponents in order to defeat them, he simply defeats them. As a result he has never developed a Captain level ability to dissect and find an opponent’s weakness, however he still excels at this over the Lieutenants.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Yama
Shikai:

“Hold fast Yama” In this form Corin’s Zanpakuto blade disappears. What appears to replace it is a circular shield with a blade extending out from the area opposite where his fist would be sitting (Imagine wearing a Katar with a shield over your forearm). In this state Corin’s Zanpakuto can absorb any attack that is on a similar power scale to his own, that is to say anything less than a Bankai itself. In doing so Corin absorbs a large portion of the spiritual pressure from the attack into himself. He typically uses this as a means to outlast his opponents, rather than crushing them outright.

Bankai:

Very similar to his Shikai, however a set of ancient samurai armor appears and wraps around the Captain’s body along with his shield, all of which possess this defensive trait. Corin now has the ability to not only block the full-fledged attacks of the most powerful Bankai’s, but he likewise can absorb them. He does not directly gain power as a result of this, but it requires his opponents to use far more spiritual pressure to sustain the fight than is normally necessary. These attacks need not be directed offensive attacks. For instance if the Bankai was a radius affect that changed the environment, he could absorb this as well.

His primary tactic using his Bankai is to wear the opponent down as before until they are forced back into their Shikai state; tired and exhausted while he is still at his full strength.

History:

Corin’s life before becoming Captain, as he tells it, was quite uninteresting. He was considered an average student with an above average spiritual pressure who, given the right training might one day aspire to something great. However he was not a quick learner, and had difficulty mastering several techniques and abilities. The only thing that initially set him apart from the other students was his Zanpakuto.

Slowly he gained recognition within the 9th squad after years of committed and loyal service, battling Hollows and rogue Shinagami. Likewise the true potential of his Shikai was eventually discovered. He was given the title of Captain after discovering his Bankai. At the time he was the only trainee who had attained this level of control, and there was need for a replacement of the 9th Division Captain. He took the position happily, and has been doing this ever since. The man has been known to use himself often as an example of what can be obtained by hard work. He professes to trainees on their first day that he was not gifted with anything special, and yet is the second most Veteran Captain next to the Captain-Commander to date.

This is, in truth less than accurate as Corin was always gifted with Yama’s power.
- scribus1000

xPeachyPuff

He sounds good to me, Red (: Can't wait to see his picture.

-xSRx

Primarch

Goro & Corin are both oldies that see things in black and white. All you youngin's running around with your grey morality and complex situations, pfft I say! PFFT!

But yeah, I hate finding images. I took one look at an old Bleach RP forum I used to run then said "sure feck it" and grabbed a non-video game pic of Heihachi.

Silk

Kinda making mine out to be a big ball of potential, but with such a layabout attitude that she's never going to harness it xD

Primarch

You know what Lobster, there's one thing I should probably point out (and I apologise for not catching it when you first PM'd me the app), but the "Strong Combatant" should probably focus on a particular area of Shinigami combat. Seems only fair as others have had to use up a separate strength slot for each (Swordsmanship/H2H/Shunpo/Kido).

Primarch

Character thread, approved peeps feel free to post up. I'll list all characters in the game in the OP as they're posted up.

xPeachyPuff

Just letting you know you haven't linked it up. Also, can you possibly put it in the first post? Might be easier for people to find.

-xSRx

BruceTheCat

I edited his Strong Combatant section to reflect your critique Primarch! It's up in the character thread.
- scribus1000

Silk

Player:Silk
Name: Murea Ashino
Division:1st
Appearance:

Normal look in real world

Strengths:
Vast potential: Murea has an astounding ammount of potential, if she was able to harness her ability entirely by commiting herself to the rigious training that a Soul reaper demands, she could become a powerful asset to soul society

Fire dancer: With her breadwinning ability previous to joining the Soul reapers, likely the only thing that Murea has ever commited herself to long enough to become good at. Because of the intricate nature of this art Murea's has very good hand eye cordination.

Fire Kido adept: Murea has proven more proficient with Kido than other schools, Due to her affinity with fire, Murea has a natural talent when it comes to the use of fire Kido's, and in combination of her Shinkai she is able to enhance her martial skills with a variety of fire style Kido without incantation.

New spirit: Because Murea has not been dwelling in the Soul society for long, she is relatively up to date with modern technology and principles in the physical world and is able to adapt to new curcumstances better than the older spirits.

Weaknesses:
Inexperienced: Murea has only been through early training and because of her lax nature she barely passed that, due to this she is prone to making amateur mistakes and has little knowledge outside of the most basic of information

Ill-motivated: Although Murea has a great deal of potential her disposition to actively train to harness her potential is almost non-existant, the likelihood that she will ever become a ranked member of the court guard squads is as unlikely as her own desire to improve. The name Murea has become a household name amongst the trainee's for what could've been if they don't put the effort in.

Fear of water: Due to the nature of her death Murea has a intense fear of water for a reason she just can't remember and seizes up just at the contemplation of being thrown in again.

Zanpakuto:
Name:Flare Baptism: In comparison to other Zanpakuto, Murea's form keeps to that of a short bladed tanto. When released the Flare Baptism takes the shape of a Kusari-gama with a meteor hammer on the end of the chain.

Shikai"Kindle" When Murea releases Flare baptism the Kusari and the chain echo with a spirit fire echoing throgh to the main hammer which becomes ablaze with a potent soulfire that allows the hammer to damage the spirit as well as the Zanpakuto blade

Although the Flame Baptism has no particular style of techniques assosiated with it, it allows it's weilder to use Fire Kido's without incantation although they will always origonate from the ball of the weapon.
BankaiNot applicable

History: Murea Ashino was the tipical High school girl except due to her whimsical attitude she was kept back several years. She found herself unable to commit herself to anything besides her favorite hobby of dancing, it allowed her a vent, the only thing she ever felt herself good at, but the truth is that she just never stayed at something long enough to get good at it. During her 19th birthday Murea was traveling overseas when the ferry she was on capsized and sank with her aboard, it was not aslow death for her as she spent nearly an hour in the confines of a cabin that slowly filled with water until she eventually drowned.

When she was taken to Soul Society by a soul reaper, she spent the majority of her time dancing for the entertainment of others around district 32. It was here that during the chance passing of a Soul reaper that she was inducted into the Soul reaper academy. It was an bittersweet affair due to her continued flaw of her lack of motivation, she was origonally chosen because the soul reaper who found her had sensed a strong dormant reiatsu within her that would've been beneficial as a Soul reaper.

Barely graduating by the skin of her teeth, with exception that she was able to achieve Shikai at a above average rate. She was scouted out by the captain of the 1st squad who for some unknown reason to most took her as one of his squad members, even too this day many of the trainers at the Academy use Murea as an example of potential wasted.

Thoughts? :)

Primarch

Her Zanpakuto wouldn't be shorter because of a previous owner damaging it, as each one is unique to the owner and I believe a physical manifestation of their reiatsu. Also I don't believe she'd have her Shikai in the Academy, I don't think they even have real Zanpakuto until after graduation. Although you could replace her shikai with simply manifesting her weapon, which would be impressive. While I could be wrong I don't believe people remember their lives once they've died.

Silk

Sorry I did kind of mean that she had graduated from the Academy, but barely.

Not sure about the past life one either, but I just didn't think that my two weaknesses were particularly promminent and would be fixed over time, so I wanted to have a third irrational one that would never go away. I was just struggling to decide the 4th stregnth too xD

Primarch

Game started!
Still recruiting!
Lieutenants, seated officers and unranked available!
Hollows coming soon!

JiJi Nanoya

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

Tydorei

Tydorei

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Primarch

pendarious

ok yeah I worded that funny I know but I meant the Lieutinant of the First division. and cool.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

JiJi Nanoya

Expansion Pack. I love it. Let's all expand the pack. >~>

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

pendarious

shadowreppa

Hi there! totally interested, What positions are open? Or would you like someone to plan out a Hollow/Arrancar/Espada or something?

Primarch

Quote from: shadowreppa on December 09, 2012, 11:56:59 PM
Hi there! totally interested, What positions are open? Or would you like someone to plan out a Hollow/Arrancar/Espada or something?

Look to the first page and scroll down a bit, there's a list of whats taken. We're currently not accepting members to the crossed out divisions, but the rest are all open.

Kendre

I would like to reserve the Captain position for Squad 11, if that's okay?

LeSane

I was wondering if I could reserve the position of the 11th squad's Lieutenant if possible. I could make profile as soon as possible.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Primarch

Quote from: Kendre on December 13, 2012, 05:03:47 PM
I would like to reserve the Captain position for Squad 11, if that's okay?

Quote from: Scarification on December 14, 2012, 10:57:28 PM
I was wondering if I could reserve the position of the 11th squad's Lieutenant if possible. I could make profile as soon as possible.

Sure things folks, I'll give you a heads up though. The games not received any posts in a few days, I was about to call it quits. But if you want to try give it a fresh go and hope a second wind jumps on in then by all means.

Silk

BruceTheCat

I was under he impression you had a story or something prepared for the RP Prim arch to get us going, so I was waiting on that.
- scribus1000

azzmeister89

i can't really post until someone interacts with me either

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 15, 2012, 09:25:19 AM
I was under he impression you had a story or something prepared for the RP Prim arch to get us going, so I was waiting on that.

I do not actually. This game is entirely intended to be self-initiated. At this point players can take up Shinigami, Rogue Shinigami & Arrancar. It is functionally a sandbox.

Primarch

On a different note, if things are getting held up it might be time to move onto a new day. Yay or Nay?

Silk

I just want you to post since I'm currently stuck in transit behind you as we go back to the first barracks.

Kendre

Player: Kendre Verath
Name: Hiroma Namaguchi
Division: 11
Appearance:

Strengths:
1.) Adaptive fighting style
2.) Mastery of Dual-sword combat
3.) More powerful than usual Bankai
4.) Mastery of Shunpo, although not the fastest among the Gotei 13.

Weaknesses:
1.) The powers of Hyō are completely inaccessible while Hiroma stands in temperatures above 85 degrees Fahrenheit. This includes lowering the temperature.
2.) Hiroma is incapable of using any form of fire-based Hadou or Kidou.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Kōtta Mizu no Kami (Frozen Water Gods)
Taking the shape of a double-edged European longsword, Mizu no Kami is a well-balance and extremely light sword, while remaining as durable as any other Zanpakutou. While in any state, Hiroma can chill liquids without freezing them, or lower the temperature in a room. Similar chilling effects are possible.
Shikai Subete no sono inochi o tōketsu, Kōtta Mizu no Kami (Freeze all that lives, Frozen Water Gods)
When released, Kōtta Mizu no Kami splits into a Katana and a Wakizashi. The Katana (Ame, or Rain) is of a cyan color, and has the ability to control water. This includes the water within a person's body, within other liquids such as blood, and more. Basically, any liquid. The Wakizashi (Hyō, or Hail) is solid white, and has the ability to freeze any state of water, including liquid or water vapor. It also has the ability to shape ice into any form he chooses, as well as manipulate it. This includes the creation and propelling of projectiles, the creation and levitation of ice shields, the placing of icewalls, etc. When he releases his hold on the water with his ability, it reverts to it's original form, be it vapor or liquid. However, it does NOT return to it's original location, if it was moved. Both of these abilities have a 500 foot radius, but virtually no limit to the amount of liquid that can be manipulated within that range.
Bankai Kōtte iru Mizu no Kamigami no Ikari no Jisshi (Embodiment of the Frozen Water Gods' Fury)
In Bankai form, Kōtte iru Mizu no Kamigami no Ikari no Jisshi, Ame extends it's blade by nearly a foot while remaining the same weight and balance. Hyō becomes a full-sized Katana and matches the new length of Ame. In this state, Hiroma retains the exact same abilities as Shikai, but the range extends to 10 miles. He can only sustain this form for no longer than 30 minutes. If he pushes himself to this 30 minute mark, it will leave him incapacitated for 2-4 days, depending on his wounds.

History:
Hiroma has, as with almost all citizens of the Soul Society, absolutely no memory of his past life. When he first arrived in Soul Society, he awoke and found himself in the Rukongai district with nowhere to go. Having been an adult when he died, he still had an adult body, but no clothes. As such, he found himself a pair of trousers and a shirt, and set to work learning about his surroundings. He found that he was uncomfortable in warmer temperatures, and so stayed out of kitchen work and the like. Eventually, he found work as an ice sculptor for an artist in the Rukongai district, and found he had a great affinity for the art. Eventually becoming well-known, he found work for a party for the recent Captaincy of the Eleventh Squad of the Gotei 13. After the party, the Captain approached Hiroma and said he could detect a strong spiritual pressure from Hiroma, and invited him to enlist as a Shinigami. Hiroma complied, as he felt his hands were better suited to protecting than sculpting. Within a year, he had graduated from the Academy at the head of his class for combat, though his grades in history and the like were negligible. Almost immediately, the Captain of Squad 11 snatched Hiroma into his Squad, and began training him. Ascending through the ranks via duels and acts of valor upon the battlefield, Hiroma slowly rose to Vice-Captain over a period of several decades. When the Captain died in battle against a Minos Grande, it was unanimously decided that Hiroma was the best candidate for the Captaincy due to him being the only Shinigami in Squad 11 with a Bankai, and he graciously accepted the position. That was only 3 months ago.

LeSane

Player:
   Scarification
Name:
青峰 大輝, Aomine Sedai
Division:
   11th Division
  Lieutenant Captain
Appearance:

Strengths:
   Expert Swordsmanship:
Despite being ranked as 2nd seat officer in his division, his rank does not reflect his fighting abilities, which are of near captain level. According to other Divisions the 2nd strongest man in the 11th Division. He uses two fighting styles that is noted to be rough but powerful alongside the use of complex movements. though he is ambidextrous and can easily switch between the two techniques. He commonly fights with his sword held in a normal grip while his other hand is gripping his sheath this showing his mastery of the two variations of sword fighting. He uses misdirection in his attacks and even though doing so allows for holes in his defense he is more than capable of making up for it with surprise attacks.
    Kendō: Has also displayed considerable knowledge and skill in Kendō. He was required to learn Kendō before officially joining the Gotei 13. However Aomine detests using skills and techniques learned from another source, and therefore uses Kendō only as a last resort. So he will only fight as if he had before becoming a shinigami. Using one hand to swing his long weapon as if it is apart of his own body.

Hakuda Mastery
Before he became a Shinigami, Aomine was always roaming around looking for fights. Most opponents did not have swords, so he frequently fought barehanded. He won against everyone he fought and upon seeing his strength, most people fled from him. After joining the Gotei 13 he requested access to the Maggot's nest to train on his hand to hand combat since no weapons are allowed there. He spent an entire week inside its confines before take a wound that had any medical usage a feat most 2nd seats cannot do.

Natural Talent in Hohō
Being considered very close to Expert in the manner of Hohō. He is fast and are capable of maintaining high speed movements for extended periods of time. While not as fast as a master Aomine can keep up quite effectively. Some holding the title are faster than others but none the less his application of the technique is highly advanced.

Highly Perceptive Combatant
Despite his seeming disregard for any strategy in his fights and his self-admitted aversion to thinking during battle, he is a very insightful, regularly showing more understanding than one would expect coming from 11th company. He is also adept at adjusting to his opponent's attack patterns and battle methods to better counter them. While he admits to having no common sense or being simple minded at best. Aomine's actually very perceptive, noticing traits in people that others wouldn't notice, and seeing what drives a person's actions.

Weaknesses:
   Feared by peers due to background
He is feared by most of his squad mates due to killing the last lieutenant captain in a fight and becoming the new one by the third qualification trial. Most tend not to want to speak to him because his morality is rather low since coming from the district #77 of the North Alley of Rukongai. Due to this he is labeled a vagabond by more high status individuals. Those that do tend to break eye contact with him or drift away soon after. This has made him a solo or loner. He does not know if his Captain feels the same way of him.

Stereotyped by Company
Being from the 11th company he has the reputation or claimed rep of wanting to always fight or kill people which is not true. Aomine may not be the greatest mind, but he has a above average intellect for someone of a slum upbringing. Though it is ignored by many. He tends to remain silent, and keep his ideas to himself unless asked.

Lack of spiritual pressure sensibility
It is the one area he is not good at. Since most Shinigami can sense spiritual pressure fine from vast distances. He however cannot only able to sense those that have very strong energy. If not he will not pick it up. Those that fight him who can hide spiritual pressure can stealth fully evade him with ease.

Proclaimed Illness
Due to his awkward relationship with his Zanpakutō. After releasing his shikai in battle he is rendered paralyzed from the waist down for a couple of hours from the extensive amount stress he puts on his body. This makes him open to sicknesses that most would not catch often or at all. Even if there is no symptoms visible he will be sick in some form or fashion. This is another reason for his partial shikai.

Novice of Kido
Kido is one of the few sections he is not very suited for since most of the time swinging a sword can get the job done. He can do basic spells in Kido, but noting fancy. Aomine has this idea in his head that strength comes from hard work not some chanting, and some light show. This has made him very universalite in anything be it healing, communication, high level attacks, or barriers. These all seem to turn him away from those that use it extensively.

Zanpakutō:
Name: 女郎蜘蛛, Jōrōgumo (Noblewoman Spider)
  Nickname バンディットスパイダー (Bandit Spider)
Is an Ōdachi meaning it is a very long sword compared to most Zanpakutō. The blade itself is three shaku (a little under a meter).  Regardless of size, most ōdachi have religious inscriptions on the tang. However, as with most terms in Japanese sword arts. This one has inscription has been faded out due to overuse from battle. The blade is chipped along the bottom, yet the rest is very sharp since sharpened daily. Jōrōgumo's hilt is dark violet, and black with gold trimming. at the bottom is a chain with three small dice attached.
Shikai  織り、彼らの運命, 女郎蜘蛛 (Weave their Fate, Noble Spider)
This is Aomine's real Shikai when seriously fighting. His sword turns a set of finger-less gloves with very long monomolecular razor wires that most untrained eyes cannot see, which he controls as if they where extensions of his own body. The wires are sharp enough to slice through rock and without minor issues trouble though, he can use them to bind and restrain targets without damaging them. He demonstrated previously unseen abilities with his wires, including stopping a high fall, forming mesh shields to attacks, and binding targets and controlling them as puppets if he can. The battlefield itself can be set up as if his personal spider web trapping someone of something inside. Aomine hates to use this since he sees it as a cheap move when really wanting a fight to go on and has resorted to calling his sword by another name that it detests.
   Partial Shikai あなたのネットの中でそれらをトラップ, バンディットスパイダー  ( Trap them.... Bandit Spider)
His Zanpakutō dislikes this name and due to that only partially awakens. In this state its blade changes into a black tint with the inside of it seeming to look as if it is fragile like mosaic glass. When the owner of the sword fights it will slowly start to break apart until the scabbard and hilt remain. When it has be brought to such a state Aomine must simply call out its nickname and the shards will converge upon the one that broke it. The Lieutenant prefers this version of his shikai since it keeps him on his toes more then the real one.
Bankai
   None.
History:
Sedai was not killed or did something to be brought to the Soul Society. He like some children are born into it. He does not know his birth parents since like most who abandon their children since needing to eat, able to afford them as they should, or killed afterwards if being unlucky enough to live in the higher numbers. His mother had the latter of the three being dropped in the lowest of the low #80. The first thing he can remember as an infant was screaming and the color red so much of it that it still haunts him at night. Being so little he could of been stepped on and no one could of cared. Luckily for him he had been taken by a group of 'women' that lived some distance away and raised him the best they could. They gave him the name Aomine due to the grumpy look he had as a baby.

As he grew older he saw things most #1- 30 districts would not see often. Death, violence, and whatever else a Young child should not see. This melded him early to accept the ways of the world. Around the age of seven he was able to show signs of spiritual pressure, as well as pick up a small sword to defend himself from the grown ups that sought him harm. Doing what any boy would do. Joining a group of boys that fought to survive. They stole to eat. Live. Belong in a world that did not want them. Months turned into years as this continued watching good friends die, and buried in shallow graves. Aomine hated how he was living. Tired of trying to survive and the people around him so he decided to become a Shinigami even if it was a low ranking position as long as he did not have to scratch a way in this hell he was currently living.

It was hard to get into the academy with his lack of knowledge, but pushed his way through when it came to combat on both hand to hand, and swordplay. something most of his fellow students did not accomplish. Things like Kido be it simple moves were easy enough, yet not something he would relay on in a fight. Within a year and a half he got accepted into to become a member of the 11th company as a grunt. The former Captain had seen his skills as a warrior and personally asked the Captain commander if he could become his Lieutenant. He was honored that he was being promoted. It was as if he could let go of his past for the first time. When the captain had died out on a mission facing a Menos Aomine was appointed Substitute Captain until one was found to take the reigns of 11th company. Once the new captain Namaguchi was accepted into the Goti 13 as the new leader his position as Sub Captain was terminated. It as been three months since then.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Kendre

I really like your character design, Scarification! I can see a lot of interesting RP going on between Hiroma and Aomine. Looking forward to it!

Primarch

Apologies for the delay, been a bit distracted with RL.
@Kendre, the character is completely imbalanced. His strengths read "mastery, mastery, mastery" while his 'weaknesses' are....he doesn't take orders and despite being super-mega deadly, he's merciful. In his history he goes from completely untrained to Vice-Captain in 3 years.

@Scarification, Aomine has similar problems, in his strengths he was basically tougher then most lieutenants when he fought in the nest of maggots which appears to be quite soon after joining. So he's clearly super tough, and his weaknesses include being so BA basically everyone is scared of it. Also, in his history he becomes lieutenant by killing the previous one, but I believe that means of gaining rank only applies to Captaincy. I believe it also needs to be in front of 200 members of the division.

To repeat somethings I said earlier in this thread since it, unfortunately need to be said again.
QuoteI'd like it on note in general for anyone still working on an app. Not everyone can be the exception. Please no more apps with big strengths, small weaknesses and the most important part I want to get across, a history that reads "born brilliant, graduated the academy with flying colours and soared up the ranks to Captaincy." Since you don't have to work IC towards being a Captain, at least make the rise to the top reasonable. Decades aren't exactly a bit deal to Shinigami.

QuoteSince I only asked for 2 weaknesses I really expect them to be semi-decent, certainly not a positive personality trait phrased into a weakness. Considering his strengths & rank I'd be reluctant on his history.

Kendre

You make a good point. I'll edit the post, and PM you when I'm done, if that's okay.

LeSane