News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

Quote from: Beorning on August 01, 2015, 12:56:16 PM
Hm. I had a dream last night that was somewhat related to this thread...

In my dream... Daredevil was cancelled.  :o  :o  :o
*gasps* Say it ain't so!

Haha, but seriously, thank God it wasn't made by Fox.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

SapphireStar

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

SapphireStar

They had confirmed it, but recently an article stated there was trouble and it was likely Tatum was pulling out. Report says he got a backend compensation deal as Producer of the movie. Is he going to say he hated playing Gambit like he did with G.I.Joe?

Report confirms Jena Malone is going to play Batgirl in Batman V. Superman. How many characters are they going to have appear? They won't have more then five or ten minutes of screen time. Not enough to develop character.

Chris Pine was confirmed for the Wonder Woman movie.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 01, 2015, 03:04:51 PM
They had confirmed it, but recently an article stated there was trouble and it was likely Tatum was pulling out. Report says he got a backend compensation deal as Producer of the movie. Is he going to say he hated playing Gambit like he did with G.I.Joe?

Report confirms Jena Malone is going to play Batgirl in Batman V. Superman. How many characters are they going to have appear? They won't have more then five or ten minutes of screen time. Not enough to develop character.

Chris Pine was confirmed for the Wonder Woman movie.

They don't even really need to cram Wonder Woman into BvS, now there's Batgirl too? And a presumably dead Robin, possibly an alive one now with all these doors opening. To all studio execs everywhere: Yes, it IS possible to have too many characters in a movie. You have your answer, now do with it what you will.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

We may as well throw Superdog in at this point just for the lolz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 02, 2015, 08:21:31 AM
We may as well throw Superdog in at this point just for the lolz

Well, if Batman's getting a partner, fair is fair, let Superman get one too, right? Besides, that sounds like the standard 'pandering to the younger crowd' strategy these studios are clinging to. Wait, DC hasn't gone down that road yet, and Marvel's mostly veered away from that too since the kid sidekick in Iron Man 3.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

Well the whole dead Robin costume definatley sets things up for Red Hood sooner than later now. I am eager to see that
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 02, 2015, 09:04:06 AM
Well the whole dead Robin costume definatley sets things up for Red Hood sooner than later now. I am eager to see that

So then has Dick Grayson already departed and become Nightwing, and Tim Drake is the current Robin with this Batman, if there is a Robin on active duty? None of this 'having a partner' stuff makes sense if Batman has just been hiding and using nothing but drones to do his work all this time. Unless they changed the story about how nobody seems to have heard of a 'Bat Man' in MoS.

SapphireStar

Jason Todd had been the Robin the Joker had killed. Then, Jason was resurrected by Ra's al Ghul which caused Jason to go insane and become the Red Hood.

I think by the time of Man of Steel, Batman had hung up the cape and cowl and the Joker was already imprisoned. With the Suicide Squad movie, Waller uses the Joker to lure out Batman as the Joker was the only one who had ever seen him. It is implied in Batman v Superman that Lex Luthor is manipulating the heroes into fighting each other to show how bad they are and to fuel the fear and hate for the superpowers. It seems there are too many wandering subplots within the movie which detracts from the main story. How the three heroes band together to fight a big evil.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 02, 2015, 01:06:15 PM
Jason Todd had been the Robin the Joker had killed. Then, Jason was resurrected by Ra's al Ghul which caused Jason to go insane and become the Red Hood.

I think by the time of Man of Steel, Batman had hung up the cape and cowl and the Joker was already imprisoned. With the Suicide Squad movie, Waller uses the Joker to lure out Batman as the Joker was the only one who had ever seen him. It is implied in Batman v Superman that Lex Luthor is manipulating the heroes into fighting each other to show how bad they are and to fuel the fear and hate for the superpowers. It seems there are too many wandering subplots within the movie which detracts from the main story. How the three heroes band together to fight a big evil.

I gathered Batman had to be in operation for a while. "20 years, so many heroes, how many of them still are?" or something like that, sort of gave that impression. But then Amanda Waller saying "Superman became a beacon for all these freaks to come out of the woodwork) or something to that effect made me think, well then what the hell were these guys all doing before this if they're in prison for doing stuff? Just a lot of contradiction that just really makes me wonder what they're thinking with this bizarre approach to the DCCU and its timeline.

CaptainNexus616

They'll probably just have Superboy bang on the walls of reality to fix this whole mess or have Flash go back in time to save his mom and cause Flashpoint.

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 02, 2015, 07:24:28 PM
They'll probably just have Superboy bang on the walls of reality to fix this whole mess or have Flash go back in time to save his mom and cause Flashpoint.

Huh? Didn't they already do that in the animated movies? Then again, Spider-Man 3 borrowed the 'how Venom got to Earth' idea from the 1990's cartoon, so I guess we can't complain that these big budget films poaching their younger-audience-themed media's ideas.

Beorning

Hey hey hey! Flashpoint and Superboy's reality-changing punches came from the comics. These aren't kid-themed-media  ;D

Mathim

Quote from: Beorning on August 03, 2015, 08:30:14 AM
Hey hey hey! Flashpoint and Superboy's reality-changing punches came from the comics. These aren't kid-themed-media  ;D

I'm saying, they made cartoons of them. Unless you market them like Family Guy and South Park, you have to assume they've kiddied them up. I know the Spider-Man 'toon was kid-themed, didn't see the Flashpoint or other stuff, so didn't know what was the deal with those.

deadmanshand

The Flashpoint Paradox was not a kiddy film. That film was harsh and exceptionally brutal. Lots of deaths used to great effect on screen and possibly the most horrifying version of Batman & the Joker appear in it.

Mathim

Quote from: deadmanshand on August 03, 2015, 12:39:29 PM
The Flashpoint Paradox was not a kiddy film. That film was harsh and exceptionally brutal. Lots of deaths used to great effect on screen and possibly the most horrifying version of Batman & the Joker appear in it.

Okay, good to know. Wish my public library had that one to rent. DC animation does tend to go darker than Marvel stuff, I will say that, but they still try to make it appeal to young audiences. Like Justice League, Batman the Animated Series, and a few other things.

CaptainNexus616

Flashpoint was very dark to the point Wonder Woman cut *Spoiler*'s head off held it up and took *Spoiler's* headpiece they were wearing for her own. Not to mention some other insane stuff that occurred with Flash.

On a lighter note...BEHOLD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 03, 2015, 06:44:18 PM
Flashpoint was very dark to the point Wonder Woman cut *Spoiler*'s head off held it up and took *Spoiler's* headpiece they were wearing for her own. Not to mention some other insane stuff that occurred with Flash.

On a lighter note...BEHOLD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

LMAO. I thought that was the trailer for a second, but then I thought, "Wait, didn't I just read today that it wasn't coming out til a few days later?" But then he said it was just an announcement. Still, "Five time Academy Award WATCHER..." Classic! And I'm quite happy we were all invited to blow out our collective sphincters when the actual trailer hits, as I'm sure it will wallop our sensibilities.

SapphireStar

New casting alert, Falk Hentschel is joining the cast of Legends of Tomorrow as Carter Hall/Hawkman

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 03, 2015, 10:10:41 PM
New casting alert, Falk Hentschel is joining the cast of Legends of Tomorrow as Carter Hall/Hawkman

Sick! But I want Hawkgirl in there too.

mia h

Quote from: Mathim on August 03, 2015, 11:00:22 PM
Sick! But I want Hawkgirl in there too.
They cast Hawkgirl (Ciara Renee) months ago, and she even made a very brief appearence in the Flash season 1 finale

and it looks like Supergirl has got it's Lucy Lane (Lois' younger sister) in Jenna Dewan-Tatum
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

SapphireStar

Guess that means she won't be appearing on Arrow anymore. Guggenheim stated a possible Birds of Prey story arc with a fantastic story for Huntress was in the works.

Supergirl seems to be trying to throw every superpowered character into one season.

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

SapphireStar

sorry got the two mixed up

Wonder if they'll have Talia appear on Arrow since Nyssa appeared. Mia Maestro would be perfect