Hellsing Next Generation OOC

Started by Miyr, June 18, 2010, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kineas

Am back, and I see I haven't missed a whole lot. x3

I sort of like the style of your revised character... yet, I'm not sure what to say. *ponders*

I always feel like i have to wait eternity between posts! I have a job interview tomorrow, perhaps once I'm gainfully employed this won't be such a big deal for me x3

Dark Deception

When I get that feeling, it often means I need to go find something else to do lol. I hate that feeling and I try to find something to take my mind off of waiting. I hate feeling off and on with RP. Where it will be moving swiftly, and you're all: "Woah, wait. Slow down. I'm reading 6 pages a day." And then it'll be slow, "Is everyone still alive? This thing is barely moving." I try to refrain from saying anything lol. Speed adjustments are just too crazy.

I finished my profile. We'll see if this one is all right. I went back and refreshed my memory of Hellsing. I forgot that The Doctor was the creator of the artificial vampires because I had the whole 13 episodes Incognito thing in my head at the time. I guess this RP is very open with finding a new enemy. Who knows? The doctor's research could have been salvaged into the wrong hands and the artificial vampire mayhem still continues. I have to confess that it would be boring if this RP was focused just on the foul relations between Iscariot and Hellsing because with Alexander Anderson gone, Iscariot is just lame.

Incognito was interesting though. The whole dark magic becoming an issue. I hope this RP doesn't have to go to Africa for a Resident Evil 5. lol It does sound interesting too with the whole blood diamond situation. The diamonds could be used for dark magic.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

ReijiTabibito

Kineas?  How long has Lyra been absent from Hellsing?

Kineas

@Reiji, Lyra is actually completely new to most of the Hellsing organization. She's been getting trained on the side in secret, but hadn't been an official member until now because she wasn't 18 yet. x3

Thus, Hope knows her (being in charge and all that jazz) and -maybe- a few others knew of her (Dameon and Alucard being the only two that really pop into my head with good reasons~ ) I hope that clears that up for ya. :3

@Deception, I took a nap ~ <3

I'm pretty sure for the revised game, we're not basing it off of the animated series with Incognito, although I actually have no idea what you're referencing at all. XD I will have to refresh my memory on what happened once that guy was introduced to the anime... If it works for some good drama, I'm all in. *shrugs*

Miyr

I was absent and most likely will continue to be absent from E (posting wise) for an undetermined time because there's been a crisis that's developed in my group of friends so I am going to be busy researching things to help someone out. I'll try to get a post out here and there to not slow everyone down.

I haven't reviewed the altered profile submitted by Deception as of yet because when I do I want my mind to be clear and focused. However, I will comment that from earlier exchanges it appeared that writing compatibility may be an issue.
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Dark Deception

You want to know why writing compatibility may be a problem? Because I am all about first impressions, and when I first showed signs of being interested in this RP, you tried to judge me.

QuoteSo am I misunderstanding something? Or are you trying to bend the rules?

QuoteDeception, I ask everyone to post a character sheet before joining the game. But if you're going to make comments like that, basically like you're being singled out, that is not the case. I myself even posted one. The only person who didn't was Hunter because he's the only member of this game who's playing a cannon character.

Based on those two quotes, and the brief debate we had earlier with my past-developed character, that tells me you like to assume you already know someone. I see why people had to sit here and explain themselves in the OOC because you don't trust anyone, and you must not have any confidence in your ability as a GM because if this is your storyline, then as you said everyone is going to obey it or leave. I don't see why that demands so much tension. I always OOC or PM people about things, and I felt if there ever was going any conflict in this RP that it was going to be controlled predetermined. The typists whose characters are in conflict would be PMing each other and maintaining cooperation. If not, then, yeah, that is something to be worried about because that alone will create issues.

I have right to argue the concept of my character because the anime you chose did have science fiction aspects. As I said before: artificial vampires, The Major being a life-like android, Schrodinger's creation, and majority of the weapons in that show that were modified to be ridiculously overkill powerful. My cyborg wasn't invincible. His weakness list was: high voltage/electricity, open/deep water (he would drown because of how heavy he is), giant magnets (self-explanatory), and human weakneses. I didn't think I had to explain human weaknesses because I'm assuming we're all human beings and we know what we are capable and incapable of. I'll explain it any way since it wasn't obvious before: sickness, being poisoned, drugged, being shot with a weapon above the caliber of most small arms, choking on something, etc. That list of human weaknesses can be pretty endless because we can die in so many ways.

In order to spare myself having to go completely technical, as I said, turn my profile into a research paper/analysis. I began to reconsider what I was creating. I noticed Hellsing was trying to play out the old monsters idea with how they have vampires, ghouls, one werewolf, and mutants. In this RP, we have a demon, half-vampire, a regenerator, and someone playing a ghost-human. I was going to try making him a medium. I didn't emphasize his specialization because I recalled Rip Van Winkle was quite the sharpshooter as well. I'm all for trying to be original in some way.

As for changing him to a medium, I felt his skills go best with detective work since he has the skills for investigations. Not only being a detective, he knows a bit of infantry as well to make himself quite formidable if need be.

To conclude this, so yeah, I don't like someone trying to act like they know me. I don't bend over to anyone's attitude. If I don't like what's being thrown in my face, I'm going to tell you about it. I felt that I was cooperative with changing my character instead of doing what others usually don't and that is, some don't know how to drop it and move on. I said previously that I am all for doing what I need to do to adapt as long as you don't wind up making my character for me, then I'm going to be find and dandy.

Just let me know when you get a chance what issues you have with the revised profile.

Kineas

Dark Deception, This feels very much like a retaliatory post, rather than a call for reason. This isn't problem solving - this is problem creating, and there's nothing that frustrates me more to see appear in a thread that I participate in. Let's talk a bit.

I would like to address your statement about first impressions. The first thing you said when you first posted in this OOC was call our brief discussion of real life events 'Dr. Phil crap'.

The IC link was on page five. This OOC was re-purposed because the original game it was for basically petered out and died. Mind you, I don't blame you for not finding it, but combine your opening insult with the knowledge we gained there that you didn't really read through the OOC, and maybe it shouldn't be too surprising if Miyr wasn't incredibly happy to see you.

Now then, let me go back a bit to your quotations. When I read 'Or are you trying to bend the rules?', I did not think of that as her attacking your character concept (which i'm assuming was the impression you took; if not, oops@me for assuming) but rather just trying to clarify your intent. We've bent the rules a few times here and there for the sake of a good time, and I don't think that rules bending was out of the question at that time.

You are right, you do have the right to argue the concept of your character. I don't think you were going too far with the cyborg idea, I just wanted to know where you intended the lines to be drawn. I won't speak for anyone else on this point, but I think if you made a compelling case without necessarily becoming terse with her, Miyr may very well have allowed your character's original form to join the game. I can't say for sure, since I don't have a direct link to her brain, but I don't think it impossible.

My apologies for poking about the weight. Was just curious. ;P

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is if Miyr is guilty of judging you, perhaps you too are also guilty of judging Miyr. It's a little off the point, but she really has been through hell and back, non stop emotional rollercoaster for the last what... four months now? five? I'm not saying that it's an excuse if she's a bit snappier than you're preferences, but do understand why she might be a bit on edge.

I just feel like if we all agree to chill out a bit, we won't have any more problems at all. Accusations are tricky business - I don't see why we have to go that route. I'm not saying you have to deal with being treated in a way that you don't like, I simply think that there are more constructive ways to bring these things up for discussion.

now then~ let's get to business!

Azure says:
of course, it's your thread, and I've already told you i was going to stop posting to people who were addressing you without your say-so ;3
§мιуя§ says:
Well that issue bothered me so I spoke up, but when I'm turning to you like this and such you are free to comment.
Because of things going on RT, I am asking you, Kineas, to be Overseer of the Hellsing RP for now.
I may go in and check on things, because I don't know what exactly's going on. Right now i'm just hella freaking tired so that's why I ain't wanting to be in there, but soon I will etc.
But I would really appreciate your help with managing things

I hope you're not opposed to dealing with me for a while. ;) If anyone does have direct questions for Miyr, she has said (as above) that she'll poke in from time to time, or if you're feeling particularly impatient you can ask me to convey something for you. I have her on MSN, and I don't mind passing a message along now and then.

My biggest concern with your revised character would be - how you intend for him to join in with the rest of the plot? Insane asylums can be a bit stingy on the vacation time, or so i hear. I actually do really like the current form of your character ~ Did you have something specific in mind?

Questions, concerns, comments? I don't actually know what the latest development is (why she asked me to take over managing this for a while~) so that's out for now. I'll let you know when I know, if you care to hear it ~

Orochimaru

People who know me or have talked with me know I am easy going. So, I'm fine as long as I am having fun.

Dark Deception

I didn't know how much freedom I had to really plot this character out further since this isn't my story line and I didn't know if this story is being played out randomly or that the GM actually knew how it was going to begin and end. I found the way the relations between Iscariot and Hellsing were both on and off. On: You know how it's going to be. Off: Now we don't and are uncertain. Because you brought this to mind, it is making me brainstorm some alternatives. I had in mind for this character to be an issue with the Catholic church as it said that he was in his current story. Because based on what she said about the King and Pope coming to some agreement that intelligence would be shared between the two organizations. Where Sebastien is now, he's not that big of an issue, but I thought the information they had on him might have made someone of the Protestant house curious. Since the Protestants were more interested in working with the paranormal.

But as I said, now that you brought this to mind, it makes me realize that even if my character happens to join Hellsing. The morale is Hellsing "x" and Iscariot 0. It makes the backbone of the Catholic church brittle and weak. This makes me want to go back to my borg idea. Honestly, if the borg had been too much of an issue, then I was going to use the next monster idea: Frankenstein, and that Sebastien would be an undead monster come back to life, but no one is a fan of necrophilia =D and it defeats the purpose of my character ever developing.

Kineas

as far as your own character is concerned, you have pretty much all the freedom in the world. As long as you meet the requirements of sanity (no history that would prevent hellsing from considering him [working/worked for nazis, killed eleventy billion people, etc] and so on) I'm find with you being as creative as you like. I'm doubly fine with keeping IC information IC, as long as the specifics are run by the person managing the game (temporarily me x3 ) via messenger or PM, since I do that stuff all the time.

the earlier freaking out was in regards to things that would put our board into the non-consensual section of the forum, which is strictly off limits. If two of our players agree that they want to play out a scene like that, it'll have to happen in PMs or on their own terms in some other fashion.

As I said, I'm more or less okay with your borg as-was. x3  I'm sobering up a bit now (it was my birthday as of about 45 minutes ago! x3 ) and I think I'll have some posting material brainstormed up and ready by sometime tomorrow. <3

Dark Deception

You're lucky that your birthday is in the summer and not during Final Exams  :'(. But happy birthday.

Well, lol, it took a lot of creative energy to make him into a medium, but I'm sure I can turn him back into the borg. The only reason I was digging the borg idea again was because I want the Iscariot to have some people on their side. Yeah, Munster's character is still working for them, but I wanted to even the scales. It seemed that it would make things interesting in the long-run. The only way I could think of him being with Iscariot is a mercenary since I'm not planning on him to be Catholic. He will be Christian but yeah, every Christian has their own way of believing. With this change, he'll be back to being the Swiss-American. His background may have more meat this time and not be so half-assed as before.

I like to keep stuff IC as well, but if I feel that I might write something that I am unsure if it'll bother the person I'm interacting with, I usually PM them to run it by them. Also, an issue I had with Sebastian's background when he was a borg was, I had said that his father was a mercenary (thus how he follows his footsteps into the profession) and that he was working for different people--wealthy and dirty wealthy. It was when one of the mafias he was working for we're trying to make him a permanent member that when he refused and they opted to kill his wife and son that he went out shooting. I had said that they were artificial vampires, and so this goes to the idea that the artificial vampire technology hasn't ended. So it brings the idea that The Doctor's work might have been stolen, salvaged, or out-sourced to other parties. This also would have been the reason why Sebastian chooses to work for Iscariot for awhile because they tell him of the vampire in the Hellsing house, and it makes him curious if he might have been involved with the vampires that killed his father or he might know something concerning them. He doesn't know about the vampires being artificial.  But yeah, I was wondering what everyone was planning concerning that and if artificial vampires will even exist?

Miyr

Glad to see Deception fixed his tune.

As for Kineas' comment about Non Con, I was referring to rape/forced sex type of stuff because that's just a flat out no in my games. If romance becomes an element of the story I think we'd discuss what to do about -those- sorts of scenes, or as Kineas said take it to PM.

-Miyr

Hunter

Kineas

Oi vey.

I'm sure she just means that we're discussing things reasonably now. D:  RIGHT? *stares*

Hunter

Quote from: Kineas on August 21, 2010, 02:22:42 PM
Oi vey.

I'm sure she just means that we're discussing things reasonably now. D:  RIGHT? *stares*

That's not what it sounded like.   :-(   I'm tired of the 'my way or highway' attitude that Miyr has been exhibiting, and as such, I'm withdrawing from the game in favor of something where the GM favors a co-ed approach and less dictatorial behavior.

A group game is a GROUP game, not one person telling five other people what their characters should be doing.  That's a quite common turn off around here parts.

Orochimaru

*Is just gonna stay out of this. Knowing no woman is gonna get romantic with the demon anyways. SAFE. =3*

Kineas

Quote from: Hunter on August 21, 2010, 02:32:51 PM
That's not what it sounded like.   :-(   I'm tired of the 'my way or highway' attitude that Miyr has been exhibiting, and as such, I'm withdrawing from the game in favor of something where the GM favors a co-ed approach and less dictatorial behavior.

A group game is a GROUP game, not one person telling five other people what their characters should be doing.  That's a quite common turn off around here parts.

I suppose I won't try and stop you. *frustrated*

I mean, a RP is supposed to be a fun experience. If someone's not having fun, then it is probably for the best if they find a different game.

Man though, I'm having a hard time focusing on something to write IC with the way things are going OOC xD  Sorry for the delays, everyone! In all honesty there's not -that- much that can really happen for at least a post or two, so I'm sure I'll get something up within the night.

Kineas

Addendum : Okay, so my internet has been kicking me off every few minutes for the past hour or two. However, it doesn't seem like I've kept anyone waiting really... >.>

My apologies for the drama. I hope we can get back to having a good time very soon.

Miyr

I was glad that Deception fixed his tune and that things were going smoothly. Kineas informed me that he was actually making progress with the discussions and I was happy to hear it. The biggest issue I was having was handling the feeling that there was power gaming being attempted. Kineas and I have been in many other games together, we've had some hurdles along the way, and I was simply trying to iron them out.

I hammered both Orochimaru and Reiji on their character strengths either through PM  or IM to make sure that they were at a more "Basic/Beginner" level so that way the group could "grow up" together throughout the story. This is why Lyra and Hope's abilities are not yet fully developed. And with Veronica, being a Regenerator, we all know what the specs are on those abilities so there was no need for discussion. Same for Alucard. Their roles were already set in stone.

However Hunter, if you really want to leave the game that's your choice. I won't have any hard feelings against you, and I wish you luck with playing your other roles as Alucard!

I asked Kineas to take over running the games because my RT is whacked atm. However, I am still the maker of this thread so I'm thinking that I'm going to write Alucard out of the game ((as if he never came back at the end of the 30 year gap)) and allow Orochimaru to either fill that void with Dameon or have Seras do it (either I play her or a player picks her up, or we recruit someone new).

-Miyr

Orochimaru

I would not think "hammered" was a good word choice. We talked and explained things as you did not seem to understand were I was going with things. We just came to an agreement after all things were understood, but that's how I see things.

Though, sorry to hear life is really getting to you.

Miyr

Oh it's perfectly fine Orochimaru. As I posted in my Persona OOC (that I asked Kineas to run as well) I am house sitting now and hoping that my creativity will return due to the solitude. ^^

-Miyr

Orochimaru

Hopefully that will work out for you then. ^^

EDIT: Sorry Deviant, I forgot to bring you to your room. Shall I do that now?

DeviantMunster

Katra Alexion

would an Oc Dhampire be acceptable in this game?

Miyr

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 23, 2010, 06:04:37 PM
would an Oc Dhampire be acceptable in this game?

Depends~ What is your definition of a Dhampire?

-Miyr