News:

Main Menu

DND 5.0 remake

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 09, 2012, 11:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Never did like Forgotten Realms..... Between the uber-NPCs and how everything was described, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Plus, I had a falling out with some folks over at the WotC forum play-by-post area and swore off FR for good after that.

Much prefer Eberron, if only because I'm such a psionics fanboy.

*Ahem* But, back on topic. I'm going to save any thoughts about 5e for when it actually comes out. I didn't buy any 4e stuff, but have played it several times and didn't like it too much. Felt too much like a video game turned into a table top game.

I've played at least one game of pretty much every edition, have played the latest version of Castles and Crusades (even played with some of the writers a few years ago at a con), play and run some pathfinder, and started gaming with 3.5e DnD.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Garou

I started advanced dungeons and dragons in 1996 and when dungeons and dragons 3.0 came out I was reluctant to buy it.  I made the conversion and I started to love it too.  3.5 was very close to 3.0 but when the fourth edition came out I stopped buying products. For me it looked like playing world of warcraft with papers.  I have no idea what 5.0 will be put I hope they will go back to the original concept of roleplaying games instead of roll playing games.

I played Forgotten Realms and I like this campaign setting but my greatest love is the dark domains of Ravenloft.  :)

Ironwolf85

played in ravenloft in 3.5 I was the only one who didn't change aleinment
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

MasterMischief

I don't know why they dummed down Dungeons and Dragons.  Now you have to play with a battle mat so everyone can get their AoO.  Hit Points exploded making everyone tougher.  They did away with all the saving throws and lumped them all into three.  And they did away with THACO!  It just feels like a video game now.

Chris Brady

Thanks, Llama.  You forgot the comparison to Diablo 2, of course.

One thing I heard that 5e is going to do, and that I approve, is making the stat number mean something.  Like say, you have a 15 strength, and the DC to break down a door is 13.  Guess what?  You just totaled that door!  Walk on in!

One thing drove me nuts (And still does in 4e) is the need to roll when you have the capacity (Assuming you have a 18 Strength) to deadlift close to a half tonne.  And that although you can give a kick at about 200psi if you roll a 1, you somehow bounce of a flimsy, rotted wooden door.

So I'm liking this change.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming