X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

So I uhm... I've been having back problems for the better part of a week. My doctor gave me muscle relaxers and pain killers. I'm attempting to work on Nirvana in spite of them, but yeah... it could take some time. I'm probably going to have to send this to someone who isn't high to be looked over before I submit her. >.>
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Dirtythesnapper

So uhh... Is my character approved? If he was, that would make hulk happier than he is surrounded by Puppies.

True justice is quite simply the will of the Emperor.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 03:35:12 PM
So I uhm... I've been having back problems for the better part of a week. My doctor gave me muscle relaxers and pain killers. I'm attempting to work on Nirvana in spite of them, but yeah... it could take some time. I'm probably going to have to send this to someone who isn't high to be looked over before I submit her. >.>

I'm not high and would be happy to do that for you.  :P   

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Dirtythesnapper on May 20, 2014, 03:38:15 PM
So uhh... Is my character approved? If he was, that would make hulk happier than he is surrounded by Puppies.

I'm still at work so haven't had time to give him a good looking over. Will send you some feedback alter today :)

Dirtythesnapper

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 20, 2014, 03:56:29 PM
I'm still at work so haven't had time to give him a good looking over. Will send you some feedback alter today :)

Ryven

Final Draft

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Benjamin Daniel Porter
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Cronus
Citizenship and other legal info: USA
Place of Birth: Savannah, GA
Education: High School Graduate, A single year of Vocational training in vehicle repair, now at Xavier's School

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 155#
Hair color: Dark Chocolate Brown
Eye color: Turquoise
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
General Appearance: Ben is not very stylish with his clothing and is often caught wearing the most comfortable tee he can find with his favorite pair of jeans.  He has a pair of Nike's in blue and grey that he's worn for the past five years, but he can't bear to throw them away claiming that he 'just hasn't found the right pair yet' to replace them.  His hair is never really kept in a style which mean's he usually takes a quick combing to it to make sure any unruly bedhead is taken care of.  He often sports scruff or stubble on his face, opting to shave when he feels like it because it's more a chore than anything to him.  Ben's general outward appearance is not that of someone who doesn't care but rather someone who enjoys comfort more than style.  He doesn't mind a bit of engine grease on his clothes, and would thank anyone noticing to not make a big deal out of it because it's all part of the job for him.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Gay
Ons/Offs: Found here
Goals: To gain control of his powers/To stay out of trouble
Wealth Level: Feeble to Poor
Personality: Distant and quiet.  Is often more comfortable around inanimate objects than with people.  He opens up once he gets to know people better and can often shock some people with what he'd say when he's comfortable around people

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Engineering, Mechanics, Vehicles, Gadgets, Self Defense
Year: College Sophomore
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: None

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: 3 - Agility: 3 - Strength: 3 - Endurance: 5 - Reason: 5 - Intuition: 7 - Psyche: 6

POWERS: (Please list any powers your character has in the example format below. The more descriptive and exact the better, if you need help just ask! Please be reasonable. Original characters are limited to a single major power set/theme and it cannot be a direct copy of a Canon character.

Temporal Rewind -
     - Repair - With enough time and focus, Ben can return objects up to moderate size (A small motorcycle for frame of reference) to their optimal state no matter how long it has been broken or damaged.  The larger the object and longer the focus, the more draining it is on Ben.
     - Healing - Ben can remove the effects of injury on living things by removing the existence of the injury.  At his current level of control, he can completely heal minor cuts, scrapes, burns, sprains and the like.  While he cannot completely remedy more severe injuries, he may be able to lessen their effects.  For instance, a stab wound may not be completely healed, but this power may reduce the severity of it.
     - Resurrection - This power is far beyond Ben's current level of control, and he is currently unaware that he would be capable of such a feat in the future.
     - Restart - Ben can cause a time restart to a certain point in the past.  This would allow certain events to be redone.  At his current level of control, he can only restart to a matter of seconds in the past.

Time Manipulation -
     - Age Manipulation - This power is beyond Ben's current level of control.
     - Time Theft - This power is beyond Ben's current level of control.
     - Speed Up/Slow Down/Stop Time - This power is beyond Ben's current level of control.

Temporal Protection - Whether he knows it or not, he is immune to alterations in the time stream.  He retains memories of prior timelines before alterations where others may not. 

Temporal Awareness - Ben can detect when the time stream is being altered or tampered with allowing him to discern alternate timelines.  He can sense if and when time travel is being used and who has used such a power if they are close enough. 

ADVANTAGES:

Light Sleeper - Is easily roused from sleep which occurs often due to his acute sense of the time stream though he is not aware of what causes his waking.

Gear Head - Has a natural inclination and drive to find out how things work as well as a talent for engineering and mechanics

DISADVANTAGES:

Socially Awkward - Ben is not the best with interpersonal relationships and often comes off as either shy or cold.  He has had limited success with flirtation.

Low Alcohol Tolerance - While being still under the drinking age, that hasn't stopped him from finding out that he's a lightweight when it comes to liquor.  It does loosen up his inhibitions yet also takes half the drinks for him to be completely wasted.

SKILLS:

Automotive and Small Engine Repair: - With training and his own experience, Ben is quite adept at repairing and building motors and motor vehicles.

General Repair: - Because of his affinity for mechanics, Ben is also skilled at repairing appliances, computers, electrical work, plumbing, and some wood work.

HISTORY:
     Ben was raised in a backwater suburb of Savannah, GA.  He couldn't say his upbringing was bad, but there was nothing that stood out to make him feel privileged either.  His parents weren't neglectful, but they often left him to his own devices.  When he was old enough to be allowed, he began to spend most of his time in his father's workshop.  His father was a small engine repairman who owned his own business.  It was modestly successful.  Ben never knew if there were any troubles with family finances, but at some point, he knew something was wrong. 
     Halfway into his teens, his father turned to drinking as his main coping mechanism.  He ignored it mostly because it didn't seem to affect things much until became aware of the first fight his parents had.  He couldn't say whether it was the alcohol or the rising pressure to provide for his family, but Ben knew it was escalating quickly between his parents.  He wasn't aware of how bad the fights were in the first few months or perhaps he didn't want to know, but eventually he couldn't ignore it any longer.  He happened catch the two of his parents going at it which was when things got...weird.  He could remember seeing his father's hand go up, and it was then that he felt a complete lucidity of his surroundings.  The scene before him ground to a halt, sound ceasing to be heard.  He crossed the room and stood between his father and mother, and only then did things begin to pick back up where they'd left off.  He often describes it as being inside photograph for those short few seconds that things were perfectly still.
     It was after that point that he began to question what happened.  In the moment, he could only react to the situation, but his thoughts began to consume him afterward about what it meant.  He focused more on his activities than on his thoughts about what he had experienced.  That only seemed to make matters worse as during a minor repair job, he found the spark plug in his hand which only seconds before was covered in grease and oxidation had somehow turned into an immaculate representation of itself without the hint of wear upon it.
   A few weeks later, after making sure his mother was safe, he made arrangements to join Xavier's School.  He will be starting his second year soon.

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

AribethAmkiir

MasterOfMyFate

Master ON/OFF

Ryven

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 04:31:55 PM
I'll just rewind any damage or wear. :P

Be careful with that or else you may rewind any updates or modifications. :P
Master ON/OFF

AribethAmkiir

Ryven

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 04:35:41 PM
Be careful with that or else you may rewind any updates or modifications. :P

That's not how his power works. :P

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 20, 2014, 04:39:22 PM
I really like Ben is he an OC?

Yes.  I came up with him.

yasarra

I just got home from work (and caught up with posts).  I'll finish up my starter work on Toni and get her posted before I go to sleep tonight.  :)

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 04:43:07 PM
That's not how his power works. :P

Yes.  I came up with him.

*reads your character closely* Huh. So you can repair stuff to it's original and unscathed form... fun. It's not really time manipulation then. It's not fully time manipulation then, but is developing towards such a thing.
Master ON/OFF

Dirtythesnapper

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 04:56:00 PM
*reads your character closely* Huh. So you can repair stuff to it's original and unscathed form... fun. It's not really time manipulation then. It's not fully time manipulation then, but is developing towards such a thing.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 04:56:00 PM

It's an awesome version of it depending on how you look at it :) One could say its actually a very refined version of time manipulation. And also very balanced, which is why I like it very much.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 20, 2014, 05:07:08 PM
It's an awesome version of it depending on how you look at it :) One could say its actually a very refined version of time manipulation. And also very balanced, which is why I like it very much.

Everyone is just gonna grow up to be great badasses at this rate.
Master ON/OFF

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 05:13:52 PM
Everyone is just gonna grow up to be great badasses at this rate.

Some day :) but time moves sloooooooooooooooow on forums and becoming a bandanas takes many years.

Ryven

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 20, 2014, 05:16:11 PM
Some day :) but time moves sloooooooooooooooow on forums and becoming a bandanas takes many years.

But I don't wanna become a bandana.

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 05:17:17 PM

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 05:17:17 PM

Bandana or Banana?

And oh! Ticklish spot is finished eh?
Master ON/OFF

Bloodied Porcelain

Phew... she's done. I haven't really read her over for mistakes yet, but yeah >.>

Ryven