Women’s Academy of Pokémon Training [F/F, NC] RECRUITING STUDENTS!

Started by Karma, September 18, 2013, 01:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Though there are hundreds of elite-level Pokémon trainers in the world, none have created an international sensation like Sinnoh’s former champion, Cynthia. The legendary Red disappeared for years after his crowning, Blue resigned himself to gym leadership, Steven and Lance were always too caught up in their side projects, but Cynthia was a star. It was her research into Arceus that shook the world’s foundations, her protégés Dawn, Touko, and Mei that stormed the World Tournament, and her style that consumed the fashion industry.

Being dead center in the public eye for a decade is exhausting, of course. After Mei successfully defended her PWT crown and finally relieved the public pressure on Cynthia, the former champion decided to settle down, so to speak. She returned to her home region of Brilan, which was on the other side of the world from Sinnoh, where her fame had grown, but was across a narrow sea from Kalos. She found her nation joyful to have her back, and she was offered to take over an ancient academy that had recently been renovated.

Cynthia’s Women’s Academy of Pokémon Training was founded within a year, and though the complex was quite old, Cynthia’s ideas were fresh. Nowhere else in the world was there such a concentrated focus on training theory and application; for its students, gone were the days of leaving your home at age ten and floundering until you succeeded, a method that decidedly favored the prodigy. Together with the World Tournament, Cynthia was helping forge a new world of Pokémon: one where it was a true profession, and not merely an intense hobby.

It was not long before elite trainers flocked to the school to share their philosophies on Pokémon with anyone that would pay to listen. The WAPT’s prestige was immense from the get-go, and its first graduating class flattened their opponents when they were reintroduced to the world. Word spread quickly. If a young woman wanted to dominate in the Pokémon world, Cynthia was the woman to see.

Cynthia’s intentions were far from pure; her fling with Dawn had awakened a hunger in the champion who had previously been focused completely on success. Now that her position was assured, and the girls were coming to her, she went on the prowl…

So, a short take of this is “Lesbian Pokémon Hogwarts,” except in this case, Dumbledore is a hot cougar. I’m looking for 2-4 players in the role of professors who will more or less lead the game via lessons and extracurriculars, with the rest of the players as students. Feel free to double-dip. I’ll be in and out as Cynthia, not necessarily a major direct player, but I’ll handle general GMing and scheming. You guys tell me: do you want this game pushed to NC? I can certainly see it, with sorority hazing, revenge sex, and the like. I’m totally okay with it, but y’all let me know. I want it to focus on slice-of-life stuff for a while, but a major plot can and will be in the works if the game looks stable enough for it.

Before you ask: yes, I made up the Brilan region. It’s meant to be a plain emulation of Britain, just as Sinnoh is Hokkaido and Kalos is France. It lets me freeform with the setting while still grounding it in the familiar.

Professors will have a full team of six fully trained non-legendary Pokémon if they so wish. Students will have one of any non-legendary (evolved if you want) that they brought from home and up to two other first-evolution Pokémon that the school assigned them plus one for each completed year: freshmen will have three total, sophomores four, juniors five, and seniors six. Try also to stay away from the pseudo-legendaries (Dragonite, Metagross, etc), but if you must have them as a student, keep them at the first or second evolution, and only as your “home” Pokémon. Otherwise, have a field day. Let’s also ignore X and Y, at least until they’ve been released and I’ve had a chance to play them thoroughly at least once.

Playstyle will be freeform. Battles between players will be decided either by agreement between the participants (by discussing it in OOC if need be and figuring how the battle will go, and keep your e-peen to yourself, we’re here for fun, not actual competition) or GM fiat. No need to deal with move lists. If your Pokémon is physically capable of it, and it’s not an esoteric move, it’s available.

Obviously everyone is 16 or older. If at all possible, keep your character images pretty close to Pokémon styling. This isn’t a super in-depth game so you don’t need to go overboard with your character unless you really want to.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Position: (if you're a student, include the year)
House:
Biography:
Pokémon:

OOC in which much helpful information is contained!

MzHyde

Yukina

SSJ4Gojeta

Latooni Subota

Hahaha, I just put up an advert looking for a solo pokemon rp, and I check in here and BAM, MORE POKEMON! I'll take that for sure, just a few questions/statements first. I'm fine with stuff going NC. I can totally imagine a hazing situation with an unfair battle leading to "Okay, you lost, strip!" and so on. Is this going to be HUMANS ONLY for the naughtiness, or will pokemon be involved? I don't care either way, but some people might have that sort of stuff as a major dealbreaker, so it's probably good to get it out of the way.

Also, totally making a student. >.>
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

I'm not sure about poke-bestiality... I'm leaning towards no.

Yukina

Latooni Subota

Quick question: What's the year system this school is using? Straight up hogwarts? High school? High school with attached college? 1st grade through Masters? @.@

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Let's go with standard, freshman, sophomore, junior, senior.

Latooni Subota

How's this? She's basically a breeder born and raised, but wanted to become a trainer instead.

Name: Daisy Weber
Home Region: Brilan
Position: Student, Freshman

Picture

Biography: Sally Rhodes is a young woman from a small town on the outskirts of the Brilan region, a small farming combine known for it's Miltank milk and Mareep and Flaaffy wool production. She was never a particularly bright girl, nor strong, nor fast, nor beautiful . . . in fact she really was average at best in most everything where she grew up. Her only real advantage in life was that her family was the people that actually owned and administrated the farm, giving her a bit more money to spend than the other kids her age.

Like several others she decided to go on a grand pokemon adventure once she graduated from the childrens' training school . . . though she didn't pull that off until she was thirteen. Unfortunately for her though, before she could even make it to her first gym the mountain pass she was traveling through was hit by an earthquake, and she was seriously injured by a rock slide. This forced her to spend quite a good deal of time recuperating in a hospital and getting physical therapy. By the time she recovered she decided that she wanted to try again, and was promptly shutdown by her parents. After much arguing she was allowed to apply to enter Cynthia's pokemon academy as a Freshman in order to better prepare herself for the future, and hopefully not get hurt again.

Pokemon: Whimsicott, Miltank, Emolga

Chaosfox

There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

MzHyde

Name: Lilith Faire

Home Region: Brilan

Position: Student (Senior)

Biography: Lilith has always been a gifted child. She excelled in normal studies from an early age and the allure and mystery of Pokemon drew her in almost as soon as she knew how to read. Likewise, a love of the occult and things of an otherworldly nature have always amazed her. She's always been one to seek out the things that humanity could not or should not know. Nothing is taboo and nothing is off limits - if life presents a mystery, it must be solved. Since enrolling at the academy she has been making a name for herself with excellent grades in both written and field testing. Her team of Pokemon are both powerful and intimidating. Lilith is the current Resident Advisor of Charnel House, the dormitory where Dark, Ghost and Poison type favoring students reside. Her dorm room is filled with gothic decor, creepy dolls, and a clockwork bunny built by Lilith herself. Despite being quiet, aloof, and slightly hateful, she seems to have developed a small fanclub. She hates this.

Pokémon: Dusknoir, Murkrow, Koffing

"Out of my way, whelp!"
Even Relaxed, She Looks Angry
Theme Song ~ 'Overdose Delusion'
Lilith's Dusknoir, Charon

Latooni Subota

Haha, right off the bat, two people who are complete and utter opposites. :D

Chaosfox

Silk

Just keep in mind that professors will have a bit of GMing to do themselves, and should probably coordinate with each other and myself. I do actually need at least two to move ahead with this though. Ideally they'd be people with a very strong grasp on the setting.

MzHyde

Lilith's a senior and an RA, maybe she can help a bit. She seems like the kind of person that would always be busy at school and join every club she can get her hands on.

Chaosfox

So right now what are you really looking for XD Your title did say Professors were needed earlier but now it does not XD