Delta Air loses "Entire Dog"....

Started by Muninn, May 07, 2010, 11:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muninn

.....and compensates the owner with a $200 check/coupon only-redeemable-at-Delta.

Entire Dog Lost, Delta Offers $200 Coupon

Can we all say what. the. fuck?

Trieste

Ohhhh, Paco is adorable! I do hope he gets found and returned home, because that's so heartbreaking. Probably one of the airline employees got pissed off that the traveler went over their head about the carrier...

Poor thing. God, I hope the poor puppy is okay. That's so heartbreaking.

Torch

The blurb doesn't say how long the man owned the dog, but I know there are restrictions to bringing a dog into the US from a foreign country. I know animals often have to be quarantined or confined for 30 days before they can be released to their owners, and often animals are refused entry altogether.

I'm not letting Delta off the hook, but it just seems like there is more to the story than we are hearing.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Muninn

Quote from: Torch on May 07, 2010, 11:48:14 AM
The blurb doesn't say how long the man owned the dog, but I know there are restrictions to bringing a dog into the US from a foreign country. I know animals often have to be quarantined or confined for 30 days before they can be released to their owners, and often animals are refused entry altogether.

I'm not letting Delta off the hook, but it just seems like there is more to the story than we are hearing.

Agreed, Torch.  I was wondering about the Quarantine and if that had to do with what happened to the dog but - hours of phone tag and an unclear answer?  I wonder what Delta's side of the story is.  I'm sure if they get enough heat about it they'll make some sort of statement... kind of like that story a few weeks ago about that elderly gay couple that were forced apart and set to two different nursing homes after one was seriously injured and all the terrible things that happened only to find out that the injury was from domestic abuse.

I just hope the dog is okay, poor thing.

Trieste

Couple updates:

UPDATE: Delta spokesperson Susan Elliott says, "This is extremely rare for a situation like this to happen. We'll be reaching back out to the customer."

UPDATE: Josiah says the dog was vaccinated four days prior to the flight for rabies, kennel cough, and giardia, and given two other drugs, Canigen L Canigen MHA2PPi. He says the vet told him that the dog only needed to be vaccinated 3 days before flying.

It should be noted that the rabies vaccine is not considered effective until 30 days after administration.

However, even if this was a factor, Josiah says he was not asked to show any proof of the dog's shots and Delta personnel told that this would be asked for in customs in Detroit.

Paladin

Well here comes another lawsuit aimed at DELTA. after all we know what DELTA stands for...

DONT EXPECT YOUR LUGGADE TO ARRIVE!