News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vampire: The Masquerade - DC By Night

Started by Nicolae, March 23, 2014, 08:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I'm a Caitiff here me roar - *makes squeaky sounds* - well Altagracia might show up at Elysium as a wall flower but not talk to anyone unless talked to first she knows her place. But at least she supports the Traditions and is not an Anarch that is something. But she needs a Patron can't find one hiding.

The Nosferatu always need face Kindred that might be a good option say what you want their clan is respected. Might be worth some face work for them for Patronage.

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Well a Caitiff tries to find the best Elder they can hopefully with fair expectations and hopes they vouch for them in Court. The Prince is more likely to accept a Caitiff if backed by say head of a clan like the Nosferatu. But well Caitiff can't be choosey any Elder would do in a pinch.

kckolbe

And in true quest chain fashion, I imagine that for a Clan Primogen to vouch for you, you first have to have other, less significant members of the Clan vouching for your char as well?

By the way, anything I should know about the Malkavian Primogen?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Likely she will help a Clan because she wants to, she is to immature to plot.

VonDoom

Nosferatu patronage has a pretty big disadvantage later down the line, in that no one will ever mistake her for one and even if she is actually adopted later, her appearance will stand out. The usual go-to clans I've seen for patronage are largely Malkavian, Toreador and Brujah - though any will work if the Caitiff in question is desirable enough as an asset for an Elder, of course.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

RubySlippers

She is happy being a Caitiff so adoption into a Clan is no biggie but she does want City Status.

Nicolae

@kckolbe: She's a flapper from the 1920s named Cassandra because of her penchant for occasionally slipping into a prophetic trance.
O/O   Ideas

kckolbe

Intro Thread

AndyZ

Any special rules for Elysium?  For example, are Disciplines outright banned, or no bringing ghouls, etc.?

I can't remember if there's any sort of standard for it or not, but if there is, I can't find it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Nicolae

@AndyZ: Disciplines banned, ghouls are fine if they come with their master or mistress (and are kept on a tight leash), no weapons or electronics allowed in the building during an Elysium, and be on your best behavior or the Sheriff will bounce your ass into the street after she takes her pound of flesh.
O/O   Ideas

Ebb

Quote from: Calrond on March 29, 2014, 01:56:13 PM
@AndyZ: Disciplines banned, ghouls are fine if they come with their master or mistress (and are kept on a tight leash), no weapons or electronics allowed in the building during an Elysium, and be on your best behavior or the Sheriff will bounce your ass into the street after she takes her pound of flesh.

The notion of a roomful of Washington power brokers denied access to their cellphones and just getting bitchier and bitchier over the course of the night is an incredibly great one. Of course the older vampires won't understand what the problem is, while the younger ones are becoming increasingly stressed that they might have missed something on their Twitter feed.

RubySlippers

Good, no ban on Caitiff sullying up Elysium. She will be a Wall Flower and not talk unless talked to first.

kckolbe

She's attractive and can easily arrange orgies.  She'll make friends.  ~smiles~

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Not Orgies religious rites to Satan, that happen to cover generally have vice driven excesses as the main form of worship.  >:)

Ghostwheel

<snip snip>

RubySlippers

Nice character, now I saw South Park where is his pouch of Jew Gold and the fake pouch of Jew Gold to protect the real Jew Gold.

Just kidding of course. South Park is not the best source of information.

Ebb

I agree it's a cool character. I think Calrond wanted characters PM'ed to him rather than posted publicly, though. Once the character's accepted he's been okay with us posting the bare minimum of public information here.

Ghostwheel

Whoops. Will send it to him then, what's the "bare minimum"? He's basically already okayed the concept...

Ebb

Quote from: Ghostwheel on March 29, 2014, 11:20:11 PM
Whoops. Will send it to him then, what's the "bare minimum"? He's basically already okayed the concept...

I'll let Calrond answer that. There have been a couple of examples in this thread though -- scan for pictures.

Nicolae

Go ahead and post a physical description and anything about the character that is common knowledge among the Camarilla vampires. Not a complete history, but enough to give people a clue of what is going on in game when they meet you, and to give the illusion that your characters have possibly known and interacted with each other for years. "Hey, it's that guy, and I know a brief paragraph about him."
O/O   Ideas

Nicolae

I'll try to get the first post up tomorrow. If you guys haven't finished your sheet, that's fine. We'll begin at an Elysium which EVERYONE is attending at the JFK Center for the Performing Arts. ;)

O/O   Ideas

Ghostwheel

Name: Barir bin Yasha

Clan: Assamite (anti-tribu)

Appearance: Barir bin Yasha appears to be a dark-skinned man of arab descent just a hair below six feet, though his bright blue-green eyes mark him as having some ancestor of probably English descent when the Middle East was controlled by the British Empire. He often seems to walk with a cautious gait, almost as though he were expecting trouble at every turn, and his eyes constantly scan dark alleyways and patches of shadow for unseen assailants.

Demeanor: The caution that marks Barir's every step also infects his tone and voice when he converses with others. He does his best to stay reserved and quiet, and could easily be seen as almost aloof and arrogant if not for the haunted gaze that flickers at times behind his eyes.

Age Apparent: 25

Time in DC: Barir has been a very short time in DC, relatively. One night during the witching hour he showed up, the local prince appearing to be expecting him. Set up with a very small apartment and almost no living expenses to speak of, Barir has recently been ingratiating himself with the Prince's sheriff by taking on dangerous tasks or join in the more life-threatening missions. From all accounts he's done well for himself on the missions thus far, and there's a rumor that the sheriff has blood-bonded the young Assamite--though that might be simple hearsay.

Theme Song:
www.youtube.com/embed/ktvTqknDobU

Nicolae

The game's afoot.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200315.msg9784607

If you haven't got your sheet in, get it to me before you post in the game thread. If you have sent me your sheet and gotten approval, you can post your entrance into the game!
O/O   Ideas

VonDoom

Woo! Looking forward to meeting everyone! Do we get an OOC thread, as well?

More IC-relevant question, when approximately was sundown?  :-)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O