News:

Main Menu

Wisconsin

Started by Yukina, June 07, 2015, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

Just a random question: How many people are Wisconsinites here?

RubySlippers

I was born and lived up there awhile, I miss Cops Burgers and Custard in Milwaukee.

Mintprincess

Not me but my family is from there!!!!!

Mathim

Any Wisconsinites recommend it as a place to settle down? I hate it here on the West Coast. Cold doesn't bother me but don't like excessive heat. Want someplace people aren't shallow jerks or horrendous drivers. I thought going at least as far as central U.S. or East Coast would be a nice change of pace. An insider's perspective would be awesome.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Yukina

Quote from: Mathim on June 08, 2015, 07:17:16 PM
Any Wisconsinites recommend it as a place to settle down? I hate it here on the West Coast. Cold doesn't bother me but don't like excessive heat. Want someplace people aren't shallow jerks or horrendous drivers. I thought going at least as far as central U.S. or East Coast would be a nice change of pace. An insider's perspective would be awesome.

Then you'll want to avoid Sheboygan, Mathim. A massive amount of the current generation here has proved to have those aspects and more. On more generalized note, our governor is a massive (education-destroying) twit. I more have a "It's a horrid place, but it's my horrid place that I've made too many good connections in" sentiment about it.

Mikem

Quote from: Yugishogun on June 08, 2015, 11:21:47 PM
Then you'll want to avoid Sheboygan, Mathim.

What kind of name is Sheboygan?
Quote from: Mathim on June 08, 2015, 07:17:16 PM
Any Wisconsinites recommend it as a place to settle down? I hate it here on the West Coast. Cold doesn't bother me but don't like excessive heat. Want someplace people aren't shallow jerks or horrendous drivers.

By that I assume you mean California. *sigh* Oregon and Washington never get any love. If you're thinking about moving to the Midwest, should look for an area of it that isn't subject to those massive storms or Tornadoes.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Inkidu

I thought I'd always love to live in Oregon or Washington state. :|

I just don't have the money to move all the way across the country.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Valerian

*nods*  Many place names in Wisconsin are derived from the local Native American languages (Menasha, Manitowoc, Waupun) or the names that the early French settlers used (Fond du Lac, Butte des Morts, Prairie du Chien).  Wisconsin itself was originally an Algonquin word, or at least that's the current theory -- Meskonsing, which was mispronounced by the French and slowly morphed into Wisconsin.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

PennySludt

May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Yukina

PennySludt

lol! Yeah, it was really weird :P
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Yukina

It felt like a movie character that just wouldn't die..

PennySludt

HAHAHAHAHA! I think it's giving up it's hold now though! Not much snow left!

Yukina

*stares at the sky with a "Don't You Dare!!" look*