News:

Main Menu

Kitten Advice Needed

Started by olive, February 04, 2012, 09:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Should have just named both of them Spartacus.

Serephino

No, cats don't like boundaries.  I keep them out of my bedroom so they don't get lost in there and shed everywhere.  If I'm not careful they'll sneak in and dart under the bed where they know I can't get them out.  Some days I hate smart animals....

I did have 5, but I couldn't handle keeping up with the boxes, so it's down to 3.  We got them all pretty young.  My tortoiseshell Rista we got at about 4 weeks.  My vet said if they have teeth they can eat solid food, but to start out with soft stuff.  I gave them canned at first, then started mixing dry with canned.  Eventually I lessened the amount of canned until it was all dry.  Rista is fat and happy so I guess it worked. 

The other two were 7 weeks when we got them.  The only problem I had with them is I'd put kitten food out for them, and adult food out for Rista.  The kittens decided they didn't want the kitten food, they wanted the adult food.  I was a little worried they wouldn't get enough nutrition, but they seem fine.  Oliver is huge, and I don't mean fat. 

olive

Quote from: Zipporah on February 23, 2012, 10:37:58 PM
I don't have any advice, but those kits are so. incredibly. cute. 

Thanks! They were 9 weeks old last Thursday but they are too fast and I'm too busy to take a picture. I'm going to try to catch them long enough for their 10 week old picture, this week.

Quote from: gsptGoddess on February 26, 2012, 07:20:53 PM
So, the naming of these two.... How'd that happen? :P

My little olive named them. Waffles, I have no idea why? Agador-Spartacus was from the movie "The Bird Cage" with Nathan Lane and Robin Williams. My little olive loves that movie. In the movie they have a house-boy named Agador. When the conservative parents of Robin Williams character's son comes to visit (Gene Hackman), Agador pretends to be the butler and answers the door "I am Spartacus." Later in the movie as their ruse to fool the conservative parents that they are just a straight couple who are not two men (one in drag) who own the drag club downstairs, fails, Robin Williams gets nervous and says:

"Oh Agador..."

And Gene Hackman says, " I thought his name was Spartacus?"

"Oh Agador Spartacus....." calls Robin Williams without missing a beat.

That was one of her favorite moments in the movie, so she named one of the kittens that.

Agador Spartacus

and here is fun montage from the movie:

Birdcage

Oniya

That's a really fun movie.  One of these days, I'll get around to seeing La Cage Aux Folles, but until then, Williams/Lane will hold those roles.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

olive

Me too Oniya. I haven't seen the original and my bestie is always after me to see it. I adore the Williams/Lane version though. Nothing beats Nathan Lane, in my view. *smiles*

And an update:

I'm the worst kitten mom ever. I missed their 9 and 10 week pictures. They turned 10 weeks old yesterday. They are like super duper spastic kitties. They remind me of little chipmunks (Chip and Dale) chasing each other around the house. Nevertheless, as a adorable as they are, they are hard to take a picture of at this stage of their lives. I hope I get one posted before they get too fat and lazy, like the rest of the crew around here.  XD