Interest Check: D&D 3.5 (FULL)

Started by Caehlim, January 10, 2009, 10:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caehlim

Plus if we get you a horse, you can be all lady Godiva ;)
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

goalt

This is true, but a horse is significantly more expensive--and can't carry as much.  :P

EDIT: Found another couple errors on the sheet I sent in--minor things, but. I'll send a final version once I get items figured out.
So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

Caehlim

Just posting so that people know I'm still here, trying to look in at least once a day. Don't want this game to evaporate.

I'm working on possible adventures at the moment. Please let me know if you have any particular desires or interests that I can work in.

RubySlippers

Sorry I have thiings coming up this weekend I will get my PC done asap.

Caehlim

Okay, I've created two threads for the actual game.

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28226.0

Roleplaying: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28227.0

In a little bit I'll place a first post just describing the city of Delbaeth in the roleplaying thread. Then anyone who wants to introduce their character and interact with the people in the city can describe their character arriving.

RubySlippers

My character is taking some time but I have to design her right, will be ready today most likely I'm off and have not much else to do thankfully.

Cuffs

Okay, I have a few things to add if I may.  (I don't mean to step on any toes, but I've been playing for a while, and had some thoughts and questions.)

First, I've been jonesing for a good 3.5 game, but I don't have any of the books out here on the ship with me.  I do however have most of the books I'd need memorized, save for the psionics handbook.  If a soulknife would be allowed, awesome, if someone could send me the level progression for them.

If not, then I must point something out to Ruby, and ask a question afterwards.  Ruby, you do realize that a character like that would either wind up taking severe xp penalties, or, even at lvl 20, could only be lvl 5 of each of those classes, never really gaining any sort of real power?  Wizard and cleric spells at lvl 5 are pretty laughable to a lvl 20 character.  That's where my question comes in:  If you wanted to play a caster (wizard/sorcerer), I'd happily play the rogue or a rogue/ranger.  If you want to not spellcast, then I'd take that role, but either way, a party without a solid, devoted arcane type can run into some rough patches.  *shrugs*  Just my thoughts on the subject.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Caehlim

Hi Adan.

(Ignore the following bit, I'm keeping it in because I hate erasing part of the conversation but it's no longer relevant you can skip to the next posts).

Just a quick word of warning before your hopes get set. The game is currently closed for applications (thus the "full" in the title), however as we're just getting going this is the part of the game where we're likely to see some drop-outs as interest wanes. In a couple of days, when we see how many of the original interested people are still involved we might have an opening, at which point I'll definitely consider you at the top of the waiting list.

Also I've seen that there is a metric ton of people on here who like 3.5 D&D, so if I find I have the time, I will start a second campaign. I'll private message you and let you know if that's going to happen so you can be first in on the applications.

GrinningHound is playing the full arcane caster. And we've got Asherah as a full divine caster. Ixy has a pure fighter. So those bases should be pretty good so far, as such it doesn't matter if Ruby wants to go with more of a generalist. (Also remember that prestige classes do not count for multiclass penalties, and if she picks a combination class like mystic theurge she could get a considerable caster level in several fields. Not as strong as a full caster, but then that should be okay).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I will definitely keep you informed and let you know the moment there's an opening.

Also as a note for everyone else still on this thread, tonight is my first night off work since I proposed this game, so I plan on getting everything as organized as possible tonight while I have the time.

RubySlippers

Let him take my spot I'll back out, I just can't seem to get a character I like and I don't want to hold everyone else up.

Caehlim

Okay Ruby.

Adan, I'll send you the level progression for the soulknife.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/soulknife.htm

Probably easier this way.

Caehlim

Cuffs

Thanks much!  I'll be drawing up this character this weekend.  If I have any questions, I'll attempt to get online, since internet is spotty out here, but I should be posting on Sunday if all goes well.  Thanks again for the assist!

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

A/A(Temporary)

RubySlippers

I found as far as I can tell the complete 3rd edition rulebook in one place all nice and orderly.

http://vtm-core.hit.bg/index.html

goalt

O&O

Cuffs

I really do hate trying to get help when I know I can find all of the answers, but my internet is slow and there are 10 people trying to share 2 computers, so can someone please tell me, what is the dice roll, are we doing 4d6 minus the lowest, and what characters are already in the party?  I don't want to make something redundant, and if we don't have a rogue, I'll probably aim towards that.  Thanks again for all the help.

A/A(Temporary)

Elven Sex Goddess

I do believe the healing is taken care of.    Either arcane or a rogue be good. 

goalt

4d6 minus lowest, yes.

I am both a Cleric and have a wand of cure light wounds, so I've got healing. More never hurts, but.  :P
O&O

Cuffs

Thanks much.  I'm thinking I might aim for an arcane rogue.  :-X  Oh, and, I haven't heard anything about alignment and whatnot.  While that doesn't matter -overmuch- for my character creation, having an idea will help me fine tune it.  But, I am drawing up something now.  :)

A/A(Temporary)

Cuffs

Would a drow or something else with a +2 or +1 level adjustment for race be acceptable, or did I miss something saying that this would be basic races only?

Edit:  I'm not trying to make things difficult, but I like playing the different races and dealing with the social strife/drama/acceptance type things it can lead to.

Edit Numero Dos:  If anyone needs to reach me, please email me at jburns@ccsg3.navy.mil.  I only post this because we have internet hours, and mine are about to end for quite awhile.  I await your answer, friends. :)

A/A(Temporary)

Cuffs

Okay, final thoughts before my internet gets shut off.  Were-critter.  Drow.  Tiefling.  Svirfneblin.  Half-Dragon/fiend/celestial, haven't decided, basically just getting a thumbs up or down.  Please let me know soon.  Thanks much!

Teh Adan.

A/A(Temporary)

Caehlim

Quote from: Adan on January 25, 2009, 12:34:44 AM
Thanks much.  I'm thinking I might aim for an arcane rogue.  :-X

Sounds like fun.

QuoteOh, and, I haven't heard anything about alignment and whatnot.

Well the plot is about defending civilization from forces of destruction, so good works well. Neutral could operate depending on the mindset and evil would pretty much have to be a lawful evil "End justifies the means" kind of guy dedicated to law and order.

Sorry, just updating in short snippets before bed. I have 3 days off now, so I'll be very active over the next little while. (Though it's Australia day today, so I have some parties to attend as my patriotic duty in the war against undrunk beer).

Cuffs

*muttering*  Okay, I had a nice long post that I was just about to copy and paste, decided to try spell check, and popup blocker refreshed the page and killed my post...so here goes again, but forgive me for the short explanations, vice the more creative descriptions I would have posted.

And in advance, thanks for running the game!  I super appreciate the time that goes into it, as I've run a game before.

I have come down to 4 concepts that I'm submitting for approval.  All are rogue/wizards, aiming for arcane trickster.  In no particular order (as I think they'd all be fun to play.):

First, Drow, chaotic neutral, worships god(dess?) of luck, flips a coin for some decisions, which lands him on the town's side of the conflict.

Second, Svirfneblin dude, hates living underground, gets chased by Drow to the surface, barely escapes, and stays up here to explore this "huge cavern."

Third, (I think I like her best.) a chaotic good tiefling girl rogue, who is curious to the core.  Tries to learn wizard's secrets, gets caught, he decides he likes her, takes her on as his apprentice.

Fourth, grey elf half-dragon (copper), chaotic good, kicked out of mom'n'dad's metaphoric nest, making his way in the world.  A bit snobby, as grey elves typically are, especially when they've got a dragon for a daddy and a fairly high IQ.

If you don't want anything with a level adjustment, then would you allow the paragon classes?  3 level prestige, based on race, which gives some nice racial improvements.

A/A(Temporary)

Caehlim

Level adjustment races are fine, so are paragon classes.

Any of those four ideas would be okay, if you prefer the tiefling lass then I'd be happy for her to join.

Cuffs

Alright, Tiefling lass it is.  She'll be drawn up shortly.  Well...after watch. Thanks much!

A/A(Temporary)