What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on February 26, 2011, 08:07:04 AM
Actually, as long as you keep your steam-ID and it's password, you can download Steam games that you've bought anytime to any computer. o3o
Yeah, but there's also the problem of: I have a limited monthly allowance on internet that I have to share (ten gigs) with other people. Which I'm hoping to get the consensus that they'll let me use the remaining five gigs (we just got ten this month) to use on the Dragon Age 2 demo on Steam.

Also my computer is five years old and only had a ram upgrade and some graphics processors put in last year.

And the computer is a dying platform. Gosh I wish I could just hurry up and graduate from college so I can get a job, move out, and get some cable internet. :(

The good news is I've pretty much learned how to calculate byte consumption.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Oh god. Bulletstorm is KILLING ME.

"I think I do ..."

"As long as you do it quietly."

OH GOD.

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on February 26, 2011, 07:24:22 PM
Oh god. Bulletstorm is KILLING ME.

"I think I do ..."

"As long as you do it quietly."

OH GOD.

xD Yeah.

So..Hemingway...Ya wanna make out? Come on..two rough, military dudes, snuggling out their woes in an elevator in a totally hetero way...

Hemingway

Gray is one of the cooler characters I've seen in an FPS. That speech/insane rant when they're about to crash was pretty epic.

Wolfy

Teehee...

"I named him Wallington P. Tallylicker...and I never got to tell him. T_T He will be missed."

Hemingway

I'm just worried I'm going to keep playing, and the game will end.

My only complaint ( and it is a very minor one ), is that the points you get from skill shots don't seem to be that closely related to the difficulty of pulling off such a shot. Getting a Hotshot / Bluff kill with the sniper is way easier than, say, a Gunslinger skill shot with the revolver ( which requires you to kill more than one enemy, on top of everything ), but unless I'm mistaken, they're worth the same amount of points.

Inkidu

I'm worried that Bulletstorm is just going to be absurdly short. I just want Dragon Age 2 to hurry up and get here. Lady Hawke is supposed to be generally hot from what I've read.

There we go. Fist it was the FemShepard, now it's Lady Hawke. Which is a throwback I'm sure. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Bulletstorm's campaign is supposedly 9 hours long. I reckon I'll finish it in about 7!

Female Hawke is also nothing like female Shepard, at least not according to my impression of her in the demo. It's the voice. Unlike FemShepard, she sounds ... soft.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 27, 2011, 02:47:50 PM
Bulletstorm's campaign is supposedly 9 hours long. I reckon I'll finish it in about 7!

Female Hawke is also nothing like female Shepard, at least not according to my impression of her in the demo. It's the voice. Unlike FemShepard, she sounds ... soft.
They all can't be Jennifer Hale.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 27, 2011, 03:03:59 PM
They all can't be Jennifer Hale.

Well, have you heard what she sounds like? I'm reminded of Leliana, only slightly tougher and with no accent. But still not what I'd call intimidating, as she should be ( or at least have the option of being! ). I was disappointed, frankly. With both. Male Hawke's problem is just that the voice is so forgettable, though. I always imagined he'd sound like Duncan from DA:O. Probably because they've both got awesome beards.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 27, 2011, 03:12:00 PM
Well, have you heard what she sounds like? I'm reminded of Leliana, only slightly tougher and with no accent. But still not what I'd call intimidating, as she should be ( or at least have the option of being! ). I was disappointed, frankly. With both. Male Hawke's problem is just that the voice is so forgettable, though. I always imagined he'd sound like Duncan from DA:O. Probably because they've both got awesome beards.
Don't let the demo ruin your whole experience. Heck from what you say they don't even let you customize Hawke. (Which I'm sure BioWare would not leave out)

There's worse V.O. out there.

Wolfy

Also, Poor Aussies...you won't be getting Mortal Kombat, unless they re-work it. :/

Brandon

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

:/ That link is perfectly safe, as is the Escapist. I don't know what happened to you, Brandon.

Brandon

What happened was I opened it, it pulled up what looked like the escapist with a few pictures of a Samus aran in the blue skin tight suit. Then the site automatically opened up a new window and a virus hit my PC. One of those that claims it will run a free system scan for you and wont let you close out till you accept. I had to control alt delete and then restart my PC to get out of it. I only had that page and elliquiy open at the time, and I doubt it came from elliquiy

Im not saying you did that on purpose, I just felt a warning needed to be given before everyone opened it.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

I could have possibly been one of their advertisements...I have Adblock Plus, so I don't get them.

Brandon

Could be. Regardless people know what to look for if it happens to them now, so no worries

Sabby

Quote from: Wolfy on February 28, 2011, 06:13:39 AM
Also, Poor Aussies...you won't be getting Mortal Kombat, unless they re-work it. :/

This is why I have a mod chip. I'll get MK no problem.

BeaconOfSpirit

I am going retro today, and playing Tetris, on my original "heavy enough to be used as an impromptu mace, ugly and blocky as hell, and outdated technologically on a scale comparable to the abacus" Gameboy.
All you who live to bring pleasure and to take it, whether it be of the mind, the heart, or the flesh; such do I call my kin.

O/O Page: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=95602.msg4157059#msg4157059

Current Situation (UPDATED 06/02/2011): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=99514.0

Open invite group party! (NEW): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=106754.0

Oniya

Does 'blocky as hell' matter much for Tetris?

:D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Dad Plays Portal - Part 1

Dad plays first video game ever..Portal. :D

Teehee...

There are 3 more parts to this video. :p

Warning: Wolfy is not responsible for any frustration you feel after watching this video. :p

Wolfy

Oh..my...Jeebus.

Adventure Call - Get Troll

Hilarious. xD

Hemingway

I hope Bulletstorm gets more multiplayer modes. I'd gladly pay for deathmatch DLC, or something. Anarchy mode would probably be tons of fun, except playing a mode where you absolutely have to cooperate and coordinate your kills to maximize your points ( which is the only way of progressing ), is next to impossible with three strangers and no communication.

Inkidu

I beat Enslaved yesterday. Wow. That was an awesome ending.