A Concert to Remember (1x1 with Kendra)

Started by Hiddenhart, October 07, 2010, 09:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiddenhart

Well, this is the roleplaying thread..I'll try to start ^^ Not that good at starting...
----
Loud music. A pet peeve of Mask's, he much preferred calming classical music. But the loud rock wasn't that bad, he admitted. Shifting the glasses he wore to hide his blindness, he listened contently.

Hiddenhart

(I didn't write a story...I figured leaving it rather open-ended allowed for a more open RP...if you want a story, tell me ^^)

Kendra

The music pumped loudly and abusively through the speakers strategically positioned all about the stadium. Daria and Rivers moved along to the tunes belting out, glancing occasionally at one another with massive grins spread across their faces. They had waited for what seemed like forever for this gig and now it was here, they were getting their monies worth for sure. After sleeping rough with their sleeping bags out at the entrance since the following day, they had choice positions now near the front rail. Only problem was, Daria needed to move and fast. Bathroom breaks were crucial but annoying. She shouted her intentions to Rivers, who merely rolled his eyes at her before she began to push and shove her way through the throng.

It took her nearly ten minutes to get through and another ten minutes to find the port-a-potties, all lined up neatly but stinking like the dregs of hell within. She got in and out as fast as she possibly could before she gagged herself senseless then made her way back into the stadium. People jostled her as she moved through them but she could careless, still a fair distance from where Rivers was, Daria gave a low whistle as she spotted a black haired guy looking nothing but cool with his shades on. She had to approach, she would have been mad not too and Rivers wouldn't care. He'd have taken one look at the guy and hi-5'd her for her choice.
"Hey there!" she shouted over the music, biting her lower lip as she let her gaze travel up and down him, "enjoying yourself?"

------------------------------
[ooc - it's okay honestly, post anyway you want too Hart ;) ]

Hiddenhart

"Hm?" Mask could swear he had heard someone call out to him...but the loud music made it all the harder to hear if someone had. He moved away from the speaker near where he was just in time to hear her yell. He then took his cane and held it out; despite the close proximity of the people around him, he had no problem manuevering over to where he thought he had heard Daria. He ended up in front of her but facing the wrong way. "I...I guess I am." He sounded quiet, yet interested, "And yourself?" he askd her.

(ooc- Okay. Thank you ^^)

Kendra

Daria's mouth hung open when he turned, she saw the cane and bit her lip for a whole different reason. She had nothing against guys with disabilities she had dated one who had only half a brain once, though that was because he was a jerk and nothing more. So he was blind that didn't make him less cute in her opinion, she actually got a bit of a thrill musing over how effective his other senses must be. She couldn't resist grinning broadly when he turned the other way and with firm hands on his shoulders moved herself to face him.
"Not that you can see me" she muttered, shrugging as if putting herself in his line of vision had really helped, "having a blast."
Shouting over the music was just part of the process and one that didn't bother her at all, she liked that she had to move in closer to say it into his ear. The scent of him tantalising her nose and causing her to close her own eyes for a moment.

Hiddenhart

Mask nodded as he heard her answer and felt himself face her. "Good to hear! Waited forever for this." He smiled but the smile faded a bit when he partially heard what she had said before that. "She can tell that I'm blind...well, it's not a hidden secret so..." Mask smiled to himself as he listened to her. "I hope...that she isn't going to make fun of me for being blind." He could smell her, not in a weird way but because his sense of smell was (trying) to compensate for the lack of sight, as she leaned in and spoke. Then, smiling a bit, he tried to picture what she could look like. "So...I take it you love this band?"

Kendra

Daria felt a bit put out that the awesome outfit she had worn for the occasion was not getting its full attention with this guy but she was a sucker for cute guys like him and wasn't now tempted to walk away. Her skintight hipster brown leather pants had already gotten enough wolf whistles from guys as she had passed back and forth earlier and the body hugging red tank top with the band logo on it was perfect for showing off the huge cobra tattoo she had on her back that snaked down her right arm to the wrist. Her hair a homecut bob with a home dye of intense orange was a powerful sight to behold, she looked wicked hot and she knew it.
"Love them?" she grinned turning around to stand along side of him so she could continue looking at him, the scent of elderberrys subtle as she did so, "I'm going to name any kids I have after the band members."
Her laugh was as distinctive as she was, loud and raucous, completely infectious.
"How about you?" she asked looking at him steadily as she did so.

Hiddenhart

Mask couldn't help but smile, following the elderberry smell as he turned to face her. He ran a hand through his messy black hair; being blind did have some major disadvantages but it was somewhat of an excuse to not be too concrned about appearance. He judged from whistles he had heard earlier (and was hearing now) that she was quite hot and he felt somewhat happier to be talking to her. "Loved them since they first came out. Best band in the world." He tried to remain calm; he was normally incredibly shy around people. "Naming your kids after them, eh?" He laughed to himself at that one

Kendra

She stuck her tongue out as he made a jest at her wanting to name her kids after the members, perhaps that was a bit much considering one called himself 'The Reaper'. Maybe she'd call her first born son that one. The crowd moved against them and she used this as an excuse to put her arm about his waist, when quite frankly she never needed excuses.
"Steady there, the masses are vying for blood" she grinned, knowing that this particular tune always elicited strong reactions from the moshers in the audience.
"I'll protect you."

She wasn't trying to sound condescending, was actually trying for cute but when the guy couldn't see her adorable dimples it was highly unlikely he would take her at anything but thoughtless.
"So you go to all their gigs?" Daria saw a hand wave in the air and her name being called out before she also saw Rivers getting sucked back into the crowd again. A small giggle escaped her as she sidled up closer to the strange hottie, "what's your name by the way?"

Hiddenhart

Mask could sense the crowds moving a second before she said she would protect him. In response, he put the cane away; it would do no good here and could actually cause injury. He smiled in her direction, blushing in his cute, slightly-innocent way as he felt her place her arm around his waist. "Thank you for the protection, miss..." He took it as kindness as opposed to anything else. "So far, she hasn't insulted me. That's a good start." He thought.

"I go to all the gigs I can. Which is all of them...I assume you do as well?" He smiled as he heard the faintness of someone calling her name. "And my name...is Mask." He gave a half-hearted smile; his was an odd name, or so he thought. "And your name is, kind miss?"

Kendra

She felt a distinct excitement flare through her at being called 'miss' thinking him very chivalrous for doing so. Slightly old fashioned perhaps it was but it was also sexy as anything. Daria wondered at his name and figured it had to be just a nickname, who would seriously call their kid Mask but then again, the lists of celebrities naming their children anything from a flower to a planet these days was endless so it didn't surprise her what people called their offspring.
"Strange name" she told him standing a tad bit closer than necessary as she spoke directly in his ear, "why do they call you Mask?" Her body naturally brushed against his but compared to the many that pushed and shoved against them, this wasn't really that bad or that provocative either.
"Daria" her voice rose an octave as she said it, "my name is ...Daria!"

Hiddenhart

"I like that name...not a common one." Mask laughed softly to himself at the change in her voice. He felt her speak directly into his ear and his blush returned, stronger then before. "I'm not really sure why I was called Mask...my parents had named me it and it stuck..." He declined to tell her that the reason for the name was that he liked to mask/hide his emotions around strangers. Yet, around her, he found it easy to be himself. Feeling her body brush, he smiled softly. Mask listened for a minute, then nodded. "So, any reason your parents picked your name?"

Kendra

She laughed loudly when he asked about her own name, she had simply looked at him all agog when he had admitted that his parents had actually named him 'Mask'.
"I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you" she grinned before sighing and turning to speak into his ear again, this time she let her other hand hold onto his shoulder as if to steady herself. Daria was not exactly famous for being shy and retiring, she had always been pretty forward in her manner and now was no different.
"My parents were on a cruise sort of a last minute thing, to relax before I was due to arrive. I came early... while they were on the boat. The captain who helped deliver me was called Darya which means 'sea' so my mom thought it was perfect and changed it a little to Daria" she shrugged her shoulders again and though she should have given him his personal space back she didn't but stayed routed right there in front of him, unable to take her eyes from his face.

Hiddenhart

"Ah..." Mask was unable to answer for a second, surprised at her story. He then realized how close she was and blushed, smiling. "That makes for an interesting story..." He whispered back. He didn't know how he was this close to her without either panicking or retreating but he felt comfortable around her. He then hazarded a guess that she was looking at his face and for a second, he felt self-conscious and saddened. But then, he smiled and removed the glasses, revealing his calm brown eyes. "Do you like the view?" He teased her, meaning his face.

Kendra

She watched him move his hand to lift his glasses up only to look into sightless brown eyes. They were beautiful however and she couldn't help but gasp.
"Sweet mother" she softly whistled, then with a hint of laughter in her voice she smiled at him. Wondering for the briefest moment if he truly was blind because those eyes were simply breathtaking.
"I like the view very much" Daria bit her lower lip and thought hard for a moment before taking his glasses from his hand, "bear with me here okay."
The glasses she slipped into the front of his ti-shirt so he'd know where they were, but it was to his hands she moved. Picking them up gently and holding them to her face.
"This is how you do it isn't it? I mean ... to get a visual of me?" her voice for the first time in her life sounded unsure and considerate as she waited to feel his hands upon her face. She felt herself inhale in expectation and didn't think she'd be able to breathe properly again for a long time to come.

Hiddenhart

He sensed she liked his eyes and he smiled despite himself. His parents had told him he had beautiful eyes; he, however, in typical rebellion, had considered them ugly. Hearing that she liked the eyes made him happier then ever. "T-thank you..." He then felt a twinge of fear as his glasses were slipped into the front of his shirt; it was the first time in ages he had removed them for more then a few seconds. He then let her move his hands, trusting her entirely. When he felt her face, though, he jumped softly; he hadn't expected that. "Y-yes...I f-feel to see.." He whispered, very unsure as he slowly moved his hands over her face, avoiding her eyes and mouth and nose, not wanting to hurt her as he felt. He then pulled softly away. "You s-seem beautiful..."

Kendra

Daria felt his hands upon her face and wondered why he did not touch her nose or mouth or the eyes that she shut for the occasion. How could he visualise all of her if he didn't have the full picture? Disgruntled she shrugged when he said she 'seemed beautiful', wanting to kick the guy in the shins for a lousey effort. If he had touched her face properly then he might actually have put some confiction behind those words. She was beautiful and she knew it. Granted her hair colour was less than normal but seriously who cared? It wasn't like he could see the flaming orange hair anyhow! She moved away from him casting the odd disparaging look his way wishing he actually had the use of his eyes, it made flirting so much easier somehow and then with a resigned sigh Daria simply stood before him again.

"You ... did ... not ... look ... properly" she told him as again she cupped his hands and placed them on her face herself, leaving her hands on the fingers to guide them over her closed eyelids and long eyelashes, her own which she was very proud of. The amount of money other girls she knew spent on falsies was ridiculous. Over her slender unbumped nose to the full rose petal mouth beneath, covering her high cheek bones and oval face right down to her chin.
"Now tell me I seem beautiful" she sounded afronted but highly indignant about the matter and for the briefest of minutes was glad he couldn't see her standing in the maddening throng of people with hands on her hips, tapping her foot impatiently while trying to impress the blind guy with her goodlooks.

Hiddenhart

Mask didn't see her look but felt it and he shifted away for a second before she took his hands. "S-sorry...d-didn't know if you'd l-let me do so." He then felt her eyes, her nose, her mouth, her chin. He was nearly blown away...she was gorgeous, or so he thought. "If I said beautiful...that woulld be an understatment...goddess-like...would be more correct." He looked away, a deep blush on his face.

Kendra

Now she grinned satisfied completely with this answer as she let his hands go.
"Sorry about that, I get a bit temperamental" she told him over the noise again roaring from the stage, "do you want to go get something to drink?"
She felt demented shouting at him but what else could she do when the music roared about her.
Sliding her hand into his she waited for him again, wondering not for the first time why she felt compelled to persue Mask, when there were obviously so many other great looking guys about.

Hiddenhart

"It's okay..." He answered, smiling as he managed to hear her. "A drink would be nice." He nodded. He had no clue of why he was still with her; she seemed the complete opposite of him, but in a good way. "Lead the way." He readied his cane again as he took her hand. He had no clue of why her focus was on him and not, perhaps, on someone who wasn't blind or was better looking. But he'd enjoy this while it lasted.

Kendra

She watched him take his cane back out again but looked about her and seeing the hoard of people before them knew it would do him no good here. Shrugging she turned back to him and completely out of character for the feisty young woman she pressed close to him and gently removed his cane from his hand as she spoke in his ear.
"That won't do any good getting through this lot," her hand in his she squeezed it gently, "just don't let go okay, trust me."
Knowing that she was probably asking a lot of him, she turned to begin the push through the crowd ignoring again the jostling people dancing like frantic animals but kept Mask as close to her as feasibly possible as she made her way through them. It took about twenty minutes to the early ten she had made by herself but for some bizarre reason she didn't care. When at last she was able to break through the crowd she turned to face him with a huge smile on her face.
"We made it!" enthusiastically she hugged him as if they had just made their way through the Gobi desert.

Hiddenhart

"Ah!" Mask felt naked, strangely, without his cane as he felt her remove it. Yet, like he had before, he trusted her entirely and he allowd her to lead on. "I trust you..." He said, more to himself then her, as he let her lead him through the crowd. he did his best to stick with her, feeling people bump into them and feeling awkward. After what felt like an eternity, he sensed they were free...

"You made it. I merely followed." He smiled, blushing as she hugged him and hesitantly hugging back.

Kendra

She grinned again but shook her head.
"We made it" she told him, "It wasn't like a walk in the park for you was it?"
Unfolding the cane she placed it in his free hand while keeping her other firmly in his, there was no way she was letting him go and if she had to use the excuse of guiding him along then she would use it shamelessly. The open bar was only 100 yards or so away so it was no trouble but after the way he had held her she was in no rush to move away.
"Mask .. you said you trusted me didn't you?" she didn't wait for an answer however but moved in the small distance between them and touched his lips with hers. The gentle brush felt like an electrical current racing through her and suddenly she didn't want the kiss to stop.

Hiddenhart

"True...much as I hate to admit it...not easy." He panted out, smiling in her direction. He felt the cane in his hand and felt as if he had rediscovered a body part. He held tight to her hand nonetheless....he wanted to be with her. "I said I did trust you...entirely...don't k-!" He was cut off by her sudden kiss. So taken aback, he almost forgot to kiss back but...kiss back he did. "This must be love." He thought. "I can't explain it otherwise." He smiled to himself as he kissed.

Kendra

His mouth moved against her own and Daria sighed leaning closer into the kiss. It was blissful, beautiful and she could happily have continued to kiss Mask but for the tap on her shoulder and the familiar voice asking her where she had been. Reluctantly breaking from the kiss she turned to see Rivers standing there looking as devastating as he always did and sheepishly she smiled at him.
"Hi, I got sidetracked" she told him with a grin, moving a little aside to reveal Mask, "Rivers this is Mask, Mask this is my best friend... Rivers."

She wasn't going to wait around to see the fireworks in case Rivers got angry with her but patted him on the arm and told him to get the drinks in and to take care of Mask while she was gone. With a swift peck to the blind boys cheek she reassured him that she would be back, nature was calling again it would seem.