Interest Check: Superhero RP

Started by Leonis, January 16, 2010, 10:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Leonis on January 18, 2010, 08:07:40 PM
Besides, I don't really get what we're supposed to be.  Who's the GM?  What is the earth like?  Are we good?  Are we evil?

Imagine if there were people with superpowers in the real world? That's basically the setting I'm looking for. They may be feared and misunderstood by the public at large. The government may want to take them in and make them secret weapons of their military. Scientists may want to study these superbeings. Some people might see them as gods. Perhaps the gods of legend were actually superheroes and supervillains of the past!

That is the basic premise of the Paragon's setting. Are you a god with these powers. Do you do good. do you do evil? Who is to stop you?

Kolbrandr

So.. did they just emerge? Was there some event that crystalized them emerging? Is there a single origin source of all powers? Is there magic?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kolbrandr on January 18, 2010, 08:26:01 PM
So.. did they just emerge? Was there some event that crystalized them emerging? Is there a single origin source of all powers? Is there magic?

They offer SEVERAL options. Folks simply start 'emerging'. There is a 9/11 event that was caused by a 'paranormal' that cause multiple emergence events. They put out options for magic (as a tie to the realm of imagination), as a 'focus' for a person's parahuman abilities. LOTS of options and ideas..even a 'Paragon's' version of their normal game setting.

Kolbrandr

No, no, Paragons I'm entirely familliar with and I own. I was asking as to the fellow's proposed campaign premise as it's kinda vague.

Callie Del Noire

Leonis

Superpowers are like gifts or talents that people are born with. There was magic, but no one believes in it nowadays. However, I think I might add in another character from a series of novels I plan to write. He's a time-travelling wizard, but that's the short-short description.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Leonis on January 18, 2010, 08:34:09 PM

Superpowers are like gifts or talents that people are born with. There was magic, but no one believes in it nowadays. However, I think I might add in another character from a series of novels I plan to write. He's a time-travelling wizard, but that's the short-short description.

Well since Paragon is being used.   The are five origins for powers.    'Science,  Mutant,  Magic,  Technology and Natural.'   Depending on your background and what you envision.   Examples  Batman would fall under Natural.  Where Ironman would be technology.   While Wolverine would be mutant,  Spiderman science and Dr Strange magic.   

Katina Tarask

And perhaps the superheroes of the past are the superheroes of the present.  Thousand-year-old mystic here.

Character Name: Marianne Pentil, a.k.a. Archsage
Citizenship: American, currently
Played by: Katina Tarask

Height:  5'0"
Weight:  101 lbs

Description: Marianne is a very small, unassuming-looking woman of slight build and long, straight red hair with tanned skin.  She dresses very modestly, whether on or off the 'job.'

Character Summary: Marianne has lurked in the background of history for a very, very long time, having worn many names and many faces in her time. 

She wields ancient magics from times long past that she has calls forth in times of need to defend humanity from forces best left unknown.  Her spells are many and mighty, but her greatest power is the ability to call forth the five great dragons, her allies and guardians.

Personality: She is a shy and reserved person, resigned to her fate as protector.  Her pride has been known to alienate her from those around her, which is fine by her; mortals don't live long enough to matter overmuch anyways.  Despite her isolated nature, she still has her needs, however (and in her case, quite desperately), and she doesn't care whether it's a man or a woman who fills them.

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

Str 8/-1  Dex 14/2  Con  12/1  Int 26/8  Wis  16/3  Chr 16/3
Toughness 10*  FortitudeReflexWill 10
Skills: Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 15/23, Concentration 12/15, Sense Motive 3/6, Diplomacy 2/5, Notice 2/5, Knowledge (History) 2/10
Feats: Dodge Focus x2, Uncanny Dodge (Blindsight), Luck x3, Eidactic Memory, Master Plan
Powers: Force Field 9(9), Summon 10(32), Immunity: Aging 1(1), Supersense: Accute Blindsight 5(5), Magic 10(34)- Cosmic Energy Control, Telepathy, Teleportation, Duplication, Astral Form, Emotional Control, Illusion (all senses), Mind Switch
Combat: Attack +2 Defense +5  Initiative +2
Abilities 26 + Skills  9 (36 skill ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 81 + Combat  10 + Saves 16 = 150

DRAGON

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

Str 32/11  Dex 14/2  Con  28/9  Int 6/-2  Wis  12/1  Chr 6/-2
Toughness 14  Fortitude 14  Reflex 10  Will 10
Skills: Intimidate 8/+10
Feats: Fearsome Presence x6
Powers: Blast 10(23), Flight 6(12), Growth 8(25), Impervious Protection 5(10), Super-Strength 3(6)
Combat: Attack +7 Defense +3  Initiative +2
Abilities 16 + Skills  2 (8 skill ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 76 + Combat  28 + Saves 22 = 150
Quote from: Kolbrandr on January 18, 2010, 08:26:01 PMIs there magic?
If there isn't, I'm fucked.

Edit: If anyone wants to make a hero who revolves around a technologically advanced super-BMX, I'd be thrilled to tweak my dragons into angels. :P

Tagan

Does this thing have a start date?  Cause I'm still interested, but my main computer's down, and I'll need to download a copy of M&M.

Leonis

But do we really need it to be system based in the first place?

Katina Tarask

*Looks back.*

*Tallies character sheets.*

Yes.

Callie Del Noire

Leonis

Well, now that we're here there's a question I have. I've had an idea for a roleplaying combat system and was wondering what forum I would go to do discuss it. I wasn't planning on using it for THIS RP, but...

Tagan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 08, 2010, 09:35:26 AM
Seconded. :D

Thirded?  I was mostly hoping for a general deadline, I do want to try out M&M's

Callie Del Noire

I was hoping the Paragon idea would go through.. Pl 6 'clone' of a cartoon villian (Cosplay gone terribly wrong) but I'd love to get into a game given my M&M game on anotehr board is pretty much dead..

I was really bummed out by that. And half the characters are afraid the prime mover is the devil (the plot involves a mage trying to gain control of the soul of a bluesman long dead for his ties to musicians today (Robert Johnson) and there is a 'man at the crossroads moving the players behind the scenes)