Geist: the Sin-Eaters (new world of darkness) In need of GM!

Started by wander, March 24, 2015, 06:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Naw, we're good  ;D

So, lets see who we got who's still down to be part of the krewe and hopefully we can get a game going... :)

Dakkon

I may also be able to GM or play depending on what we need. I have some ideas that may work, even though they were originally Mortals/Hunters. The catch is that I am currently on vacation and have been very busy of late (as my players can tell you) so I don't

That being said, I fucking love Geist!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: FallenDabus on March 27, 2015, 08:28:15 AM
I may also be able to GM or play depending on what we need. I have some ideas that may work, even though they were originally Mortals/Hunters. The catch is that I am currently on vacation and have been very busy of late (as my players can tell you) so I don't

That being said, I fucking love Geist!

Nay! Begone, ye fiend, and fewer distractions from ye Planescape game! ;D

wander

I'd be willing to here what you'd like to bring to the table Dabus. :)

Dakkon

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 27, 2015, 10:05:40 AM
Nay! Begone, ye fiend, and fewer distractions from ye Planescape game! ;D
update is coming, I swear!  ;D

Quote from: wander on March 27, 2015, 10:27:15 AM
I'd be willing to here what you'd like to bring to the table Dabus. :)

I've four ideas running right now:

1) Bluenose Ghosts in Halifax. Pulling the name from a popular book of ghost stories in Nova Scotia. Would likely deal with the Halifax Explosion and the World Wars.
2) Ghosts of the Rockies. Set in Western Canada (Calgary/Edmonton/Banff/Jasper) would be crossing over with a werewolf game I have in the works eventually.
3) Something with the New Zealand Dark Era
4) Dark Eras: Krews of the Titanic. Lots of Crossovers.

wander

Is there a Titanic Dark Era from the Kickstarter? I never saw anything like that. I know when the book does come out it's going to have a side-bar in every era saying what the other supernaturals are doing at the time, so the potential for fun is there. That book likely won't be out for a good while though.

Dakkon

Quote from: wander on March 27, 2015, 12:51:16 PM
Is there a Titanic Dark Era from the Kickstarter? I never saw anything like that. I know when the book does come out it's going to have a side-bar in every era saying what the other supernaturals are doing at the time, so the potential for fun is there. That book likely won't be out for a good while though.
Its not, its entirely of my own devising. The New Zealand section is complete enough in the draft though that it can be used. The two Canadian setting are also my own, but they are both modern aged instead. Halifax would have a strong historical bent though, while the Rockies would have a more modern focus that ties into industry, science, and astronomy.

I should also note that I'm be on integrating the gamelines together and would like to create a series of shared-world games if possible. So, for example, you're highly likely to run across signs of Mummies and the God-Machine no matter what happens if I GM.

EDIT: Yes Glyph, I'm updating Planescape  ;)

wander

Well lets see what a roll-call for interest brings. :)

Lockepick

I'm not sure if this was useful to say -- but I'm confirming interest. I'd love to do somebody focused on Ceremonies, but the nature if I can do that or not will most likely depend on starting experience -- since it's tough for starting characters to afford Ceremonies + Pysche (which is rolled for Ceremonies).

Otherwise, I'll probably try to fill whatever whole I see and build a character/Geist around that. If that is too unhelpful -- I'll make a character. I tend to favor the Violent Deaths.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

TheGlyphstone

As previously mentioned, I can recycle my Torn Ex-Cop turned Punisher for pretty much any era of play, keeping his focus on Industrial Caul and Shroud.

Rajah

"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Rook Seidhr

I remain interested but I am at a convention this weekend and unable to think about character concepts due to lack of time

Dakkon

Looks like we have interest then. I'll try to post some adventure hooks and narrow down our setting/plot by tomorrow. In the meanwhile, here is one more manifestation you may want access to. Say hello to the Hearse!

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: FallenDabus on March 28, 2015, 03:50:03 AM
Say hello to the Hearse!
That's it, I'm friggin' basing my character on that one. Too cool.

Stricken Gatekeeper, keys of Stillness and Phantasm. His Geist is a chatty fellow in tattered livery who drives an old-fashioned hansom cab between this world and the next.

Rook Seidhr

Since we don't actually seem to have a GM, Blythe was kind enough to move this thread to the new "Players Seeking GM" board.

Who's still interested besides me? Anyone?

wander

I am of course.  ;D

I've been working on a few nwod characters recently. At some point I'll have my Stricken ready to go also.  :-)

Rajah

"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Lockepick

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

wander

I'm still eager for Dark Eras to help with this. Apparently there will be sidebars added in noting what other supernaturals are doing in each era outside of the main focus of each era.

Some interesting Geist games may come from the W:tF 1970s NY gang setting (seems a natural fit) or the Mage/Werewolf Neolithic setting.

I also really wouldn't mind seeing a Nordic pagan themed krewe to do with Hel and Valhalla and Valkyries stemming from Werewolf's Viking setting. That has got some potential.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: lockepick on April 25, 2015, 01:01:22 AM
Still interested, though I thought we did have a GM.
When the prospective GM goes silent for a month without warning, I for one assume them to have stepped down.

Rook Seidhr

Sigh. A Geist game I was interested in that was using Skype and Roll20 seems not to be likely to happen either; now I'm really jonesing.

On the bright side, now I have a (modern) character ready to go…

Rook Seidhr

Due to tightening schedule constraints, I am bowing out of this. I hope you find a GM who is worth the wait.