Pathfinder/3.5 DnD game using GUCK and BoEF

Started by Zaer Darkwail, July 06, 2010, 03:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenedictWolfe

You're much needed, and you character looks just fine. I'm sure Zaer will be okay with bringing you on board.

Zaer Darkwail

So far approve your cleric concept Chloe :).

fallensaviour

Quote from: Chloe Milev on July 15, 2010, 03:28:26 PM
Well, here's my proposed cleric, Aintza Heartwarder.  I liked the domains of Community and Glory, so she doesn't worship a particular deity.  She's mostly worked as a Neutral Good cleric in large cities, sometimes working in temples and churches of Shelyn, Abadar, or Calistria.

She's very much the type to bless everyone, give charity, and free love.  She also makes magic items for herself or commissioned by churches (weapons, armor, wondrous items, and rings).  Aintza is a popular healer since she can cast many Restorations or high level cure spells with Transmitting Orgasm (use spell slots 3 levels lower).  I think with her sex kit, she gets +34 perform, and that can be increased with feats, spells, and glory domain, hee hee.

As a cleric with heavy armor and shield, she should be tough enough for the front line, buff everyone, and heal everyone (7d6, 7/day).

Cleric's vestments, acolyte training, working the temple of Calistria

glory domain or glory hole domain ?

Genbu83

If there is still room. I'd be interested in playing. I'm quite familiar with pathfinder. It's been a while since I've played a Paladin or a Ranger, but the new classes look great as well.

Though, if you guys are needing I play most classes fairly well. I happen to have the BoEF.

In order of what I want to play, not including prestige classes.

Paladin
Ranger
Sorceror
Inquisitor
Rogue
Monk
Artificer

I'll make stats according to what is needed, if I am needed.

TheVillain

To be honest, I think the only obsticles are A.) We already have a fair number and B.) We may be short on female characters. Talk to Zaer, obviously.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Genbu83

Reading through all of the pages. I noticed this. I'll shoot him message in the morrow.

zothab

Yeah. Looked interesting. But a huge amount of people - so I'll wait for drop outs etc.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, true that there is huge amount of people but so far as I know only four-five of the bunch of players have submited charsheet to charsheet section and are posting atm. My limit is 8-10 peeps and in such case I split the group into two for game balance.

Umbral Sanguinus

FYI, I am still interested just waiting for my new internet to get hooked up Tuesday... then I'll get my charsheet moved to the new thread, etc.
Ideas Roleplays Ons and Offs Apologies and Absences
"As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends compensatingly to increase." -Aldous Huxley

Korbl

I'd be interested in giving it a go, I haven't really checked out pathfinder much.

If no one's got a problem with it, I'd probably want to play a Vashar (evil human culture) wizard, sorcerer or druid. Druid would actually be a lot of fun.

Vashar is from book of vile darkness, and I'd want to use other things from there, like the corrupt spells, and those from Dragon magazine #300. If this is ok with everyone (along with the... logical conclusion of a vashar druid in an elliquiy game), that's great. If not, that's fine too, it's not a deal breaker. I'd still want to play evil, but my version of evil tends more towards pragmatic ends-justify-the-means and harsh retribution for slights kind of thing, and never turns on the party. I mean, that's one of my biggest principles, personally, that I will never willingly turn on the party, even if I'm playing a vashar.

so, let me know if anyone objects to a bit of vile darkness being injected in, and if not, I'll write up a character
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

Zaer Darkwail

I am fine with vashar but so far as I know they cannot (nor they want) enter any divine spellcaster classes. You can play non-spellcasting paladin variant who serves a evil demon prince or something. But druid (even if target is nature) is divine spellcaster. But if you aim towards Bligther PrC, then that case vashar noble family could had trained their young child to be excelent liar and inflitrator to join druid circle and learn their secrets, then turn back to teachings and become corruptor and defiler of nature.

But anycase most cases divine spellcasters are no, no deal with vashars.

Korbl

Huh, that's completely bizarre. I didn't realize the Vashar couldn't be druids.

In fact I almost think a mistake was made. The "creation myth" of the vashar talks about the first vashar being killed by the gods, then resurrected by a demon, and creating the rest of the races through the womb of the demon. And yet, in the same line that says they're never druids, it also says they're never members of the Thrall and Disciple PrCs, or Bards or Barbarians.

And almost none of that line makes no sense. weird.

I don't know, a case could be made for vashar doing a lot of things they supposedly "never" do, like the fact that clerics don't have to worship gods, but could instead represent causes or philosophies (it wouldn't even be particularly weird to see a cleric of deicide).

It's ultimately up to you. I see no reason why a vashar couldn't be a druid, as long as he's not worshiping anything (which isn't technically required), but that's me. Failing a druid, I'd probably go with wizard or sorcerer.

hm, a thought occurs, (though it somewhat cuts down on some things I had in mind...) what about a ...bug druid, thing. I think the WotC website's entomancy articles talked about bug druids, or at least swarms as animal companions, but never gave this kind of druid a name.

Like I said, it's up to you. I tend to debate for what I want, but if you say that you can't see a vasharan being a druid, I'll go with it.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Zaer Darkwail

Well, reason why vasharas cannot be divine classes is because any 'divine' source automatically spurns them and blocks access to divine powers. Even reason why demon princes do not provide anything is because vasharas seek to end ALL deities, including those demon princes who have ascended to godhood.

But indeed it makes little sense somepart why vasharas cannot be bards (barbarians makes sense as they are highly civilsized culture). I say you cannot be druid with your vashara. So far ONLY source of divine power among vashara is Ur-priest (which you can by through any class in 5 levels). As Ur-priest steals divine magic from deities. I say vashara can be any arcane spellcaster or any non-divine spellcasting class.

Korbl

Ok, ditching the Vashar idea, since they're really just a race full of Snidely Whiplashes (ie, pointless saturday morning cartoon villains let loose to wreak havoc).

So I'm thinking just NE human druid raised by a cult of evil druids who seek to return the intelligent races to something closer resembling a state of nature...
So, misotheistic, feral-minded fantasy Tyler Durden... or something like that.

that work?
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Zaer Darkwail

Well, it's recommended you check the first IC post for ideas for suitable concept.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75673.0

Saying that a evil druid could work but as game starts in urban setting and you need go urban settings I think you need adjust your druid idea more urban friendly perhaps. Also most important is that even if your evil aligned you MUST get along with others and able to teamwork (and also consider your evil your motivations should be easy enough to find reason to cooperate with others as I think NE person works with others only if it benefits him/her somehow).

Zaer Darkwail

Also not mention game will include sex/seduction and you should be okay with it. it's nto mainstream thing but common event (especially when atm we have one woman who one has actual 'faith' based focus on sex and other is part of/running a sex cult).

Korbl

well, like I said, my evil characters do not fuck with their party. Consider it as stemming from the "strength in numbers" instinct or something if you have to, but even my most antisocial characters, while they may jab at party members' sore spots on occasion, will never betray their party. They understand the need for strong ties amongst a paramilitary gang that regularly faces life and death situations.

ok, looking at the first bit of the first post, I'll shuffle things a bit, concept wise

alright, so, after trying to figure out the stat rolling for gods know how long, here's what I've got:
Str10, Dex 15, Con 11, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 16 with human bonus and level bonuses, the wis is 21
at least until I have a better handle on Pathfinder's druids, wildshaping, and Appearance.
Appearance roll: 15
Ons/Offs

My A&As

TheGlyphstone

Or the huge heap of Alternate Class Features in Cityscape for Urban Druids.

Marie Reynolds

I was wondering if their would be more room for another player

Zaer Darkwail

Well, there is room and what I can read from signature then a female char would be heartily welcomed. So far got only two posting female npc's (one female player is not posting somereason).

TheVillain

PC's. Two female PC's. NPC's are "Non-Player Characters".
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

ulthakptah

Latooni Subota the other female pc is at a family reunion it's in her signature see below

(July 10th to 25th (or 20th if I'm lucky) I'll be out of the country for a family reunion, and thus be severely limited in my ability to post, if at all. Sorry guys!)

TheVillain

Think he was referring to Ixy, who as far as I can tell hasn't even looked at the forums.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheVillain on July 18, 2010, 01:28:18 PM
PC's. Two female PC's. NPC's are "Non-Player Characters".

Yeah, PC's. Also I meant Latooni but nice you pointed out she is gone for awhile. Just hope she can pick up fast.