Defenders of Humanity, Harbingers of Oblivion

Started by The Great Triangle, June 03, 2008, 08:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

In the year 2208, Humanity stands on the brink of extinction.  Ancient threats have reawakened, and gone on to wreak havoc throughout the world.  To counter this threat, the remaining parts of the UN created a desperate initiative, the Department of Paranormal Defense and Security, to push back the encroaching darkness and save humanity.

The small game Hellfire and Brimstone could use a few more players, particularly on the human side.  Over the top supernatural characters will be accepted, but there's a place for fairly mundane humans who win because they are heroes too.  The game focuses on drama and interaction between characters, as well as high octane action scenes. 

Character Roster Thread

The main roleplaying thread of the game

Please PM either I or Dragoondog (the game's GM) if you have any questions!
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

Nazora

Would you be willing to accept a a human character who's only ability is actually a curse that allows people to transform what she is wearing and her appearance basically at will, with certain physical size and power limits to prevent combat god-moding but versatile enough to keep her extremely entertaining for a number of people. The person enacting the transformation would have to trigger a certain emotion in my character in order to access the ability, and any change in form I took would only last for three days if not maintained by the opposite character.

I could easily be used by an enterprising master as a sex toy, combat grunt, or both depending on the changes chosen.   
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Dragoondawg25

hmmm interesting, but explain it to me a little more, so your saying that your character becomes the object of someone elses desire?
Heterosexual Switch: Humor DLC included
My Discord: Dragoondawg2582
Ons & Offs

Nazora

Exactly, with limitations to keep it from becoming stupid, so I don't end up becoming a stockpile of enchanted nuclear warheads that wipes out the entire world or some other ridiculous thing.

Basically, anyone with the ability to concentrate would be able to change my shape and appearance. But only one person at a time could claim the right, thus becoming a claiment or master until they lose interest, die, or someone stronger takes control.

Naturally, I would try to keep it secret, but that would be difficult as anyone could merely concentrate on me as having bigger breasts and a whorish outfit and the changes would start occurring, not immediately, but over the course of a few minutes. That person would then become my master until events changed that.

Sexual changes would be the easiest to manifest as it easier for people to concentrate on sex. Breast size, hormonal changes, nerve changes, vaginal changes, etc.  But I could be manipulated deftly by a skillful master into a variety of things. Ex: Certain humaniod or animalistic Inanimate objects such as sex dolls, andriods, robot form, animals, anthromorphs of animals, hybrids, chimeras, tentacle beasts or various odd creations, forms of other people (Dooplegangers), etc. The more technical changes would require greater power and concentration.

A master would not be able to control my mind or alter my free will, I'd have to be enticed to willingly follow a masters wishes.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Dragoondawg25

hmmm so the character would basically be a living weapon at the disposal of anybody that can put a leash on her, which would make her alliance in the game shift from time to time, if certain factions got ahold of her per say.

Very very interesting, i would like to see how this looks on paper.
Ons & Offs

Shadowz

If the Brood had say.... some pretty powerful... oh, i don't know... psychic vampire at their disposal... it could be the sort of thing she could exploit.... perhaps...

The Great Triangle

Would be pretty interesting, although the core member of the DPDS is an honorable genderless construct built by Ben Franklin, so she'd be fairly unlikely to get exploited sexually while serving the DPDS.  The brood however...

Ons and Offs

Shadowz

Well... Corrine has her own 'interests' well met *winks*, Likely Dorian would be a potential... the mucky old immortal

Elohim

We could turn her into a pogostick, so I could show you a trick, she had so many friends, with just one pogo stick...  bounce, pogo,pogo,pogo,pogo bounce!

Uh...  hmmm

RubySlippers

Ok how about a normal human with a wicked knowledge of occult lore and has all sort of tricks and magic gimmicks from runes and warding circles to odd magic relics, kind of like one of the skilled hunters in the tv show Supernatural. Give her body armor, some guns and baubles, powders, a spellbook or two and lots of guts.

Dragoondawg25

hmmm like a witch hunter or witcher so to speak interesting i like it.  And yes shadowz, ya wicked little psychic vampire would have a hay day with a character like that lol* winks*
Ons & Offs

Shadowz

Quote from: Dragoondawg25 on June 03, 2008, 09:15:55 PM
hmmm like a witch hunter or witcher so to speak interesting i like it.  And yes shadowz, ya wicked little psychic vampire would have a hay day with a character like that lol* winks*

*grins* I like the thought of turning their own weapon against them... course i would need to be able to maintain my concentration... not that easy at the best of times for me at any rate *grins*

Quote from: Seraph on June 03, 2008, 09:12:09 PM

We could turn her into a pogostick, so I could show you a trick, she had so many friends, with just one pogo stick...  bounce, pogo,pogo,pogo,pogo bounce!

Uh...  hmmm

*cracks up*

GrinningHound

What about an artist who can bring his work to life?

He'd be sort of insane, as a result of his infinite creative potential, but also a genius.

Physically frail, but mentally indomitable.  Too much creating at one time, however, would stress and exhaust him, possibly causing temporary insanity and dementia.  He could make giant robots or monsters and have them smash things, he could draw heavily armored power suits, or cover battlefields in hypnotizing patterns and illusions.

Hmm...

Also, possibly, I like the wrecking ball archetype.  Physically unstoppable, mentally a normal person.  It's always fun to rip tanks apart with one's hands and suck down cannon fire with a smile.

Nazora

That's the idea, but it could be toned down or ramped up depending on how pivotal to the plot you'd like it be.

I was thinking maximal power changes, at the very most, of a fairly standard android, monster, demon, but nothing more powerful than that. If I was used as a weapon, changes in form would not be able to take place during combat, and reversions back may heal major wounds but leave me useless and highly vulnerable for a prolonged time. Possible even a mini-version of my actual self, like a three inch tall scale model. I wouldn't be very combat knowledgeable , so if I was sent out untrained I'd probably fail or die.

I like humiliation, so being turned into a pogo-stick would actually work for me, though I'd be able to do nothing unless allowed inanimate animation. Then I could hop around angrily. Or I could be a dish rag that could crawl over your dirty dishes to clean them.

I'll make a character sheet and submit it tomorrow or the next day. I try to post every day if it's an active RP.

All about what I like!

The Great Triangle

Tank we've pretty much got locked down for the DPDS with my character, Frankie, having taken...

*begins counting, has to use both hands*

Two high powered energy balls to the chest, repeated kicks to the face, an artillery stabilization rod rammed through his gut, telekinetic strangulation, being cut in half with a sword, 1 clip of high caliber APDU rifle ammo to the face, 2 clips of 45 caliber ammunition center mass, and having both hands cut off

Just during the course of the current combat encounter.  That's just the wounds I can remember, and to be fair, he did completely regenerate before being cut in half with a sword.

The artist idea sounds really good though.  If you want to play a tank, a character with some kind of mecha or a literal tank might help differentiate your character from mine.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

Your starting to Sound like a none pretty Haji from Blood+ Triangle good show.

Dragoondawg25

Ons & Offs

Elohim

School Girl goes vampire queen, goes vampire slayer...  with a healthy dosage of teenage angst.

GrinningHound

Illusions could be fun.

You can't kill illusions, no matter how much damage they take, but if a living opponent believes it, it can still hurt them.

Dragoondawg25

am partial to vampire hunter D and Hellsing *Smirks to Seraph*
Ons & Offs

Shadowz

Quote from: Dragoondawg25 on June 03, 2008, 09:42:29 PM
am partial to vampire hunter D and Hellsing *Smirks to Seraph*

Ohh, me too *grins*

I kind of think that the illusions will be ineffective for both myself and Elohim though...

Elohim

Good old Alucard...

Its true,  No brain...  *Knocks on head*

Dragoondawg25

Ons & Offs

Elohim

The Cromwell initiave is now in affect, Something, until the target has been permantly silenced.

I needed a way for a powerful character to be able to take on weaker characters.  *Grin* it seemed like the logical choice.