Naruto. Intelligent and in-depth. Hear me out.

Started by Ramael, May 20, 2011, 02:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Indeed, a Byakugan user would be one of the best disposed to help others get out of a genjutsu, as they would be one of the first (if not the first) to notice it. Thanks for sorting that out, Ivan.

On another point...I wonder if anyone's going to roll up a med-nin. Not necessary for a team, but useful as Sakura and Karin prove.

Starting to get teams together now. I'm going with a different team naming system as well, as opposed to the slightly bland numerical one used in the canon.

Katra Alexion

Hi! I just found this link have been reading up on the discussion and I must say I find the whole concept intriguing. I have played in plenty of Naruto tabletop games as various occupation and would like to how this all turns out.

As for a medic nin - I certainly would be interested in writing one up if that would be ok?

Ramael

That would be most welcome, Katra! Please find the CS template a few posts back, or use one of the other characters' templates.

And for my next wish...:D

SomeGuy

Name: Katashi

Appearance:
Normal
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

With Rock Armor on, something along the lines of

Wants to work armor up into something like
or

Main Strength: Fuinjutsu

Bloodline/Clan: None

Bio: An orphan who was simply left at the orphanage doorstep, Katashi has always wondered what happened with his family. He is happy with his life, but it is a major mystery for him and given the chaotic times the possibilities made it all the more interesting. He was a somewhat odd child, which would later be explained when his sensory abilities came to light. His time at the academy was pretty average except for the beginning of his fascination with seals. Upon graduating Katashi found that a whole new world of resources were available, of those the most important ones would be elemental affinity testing and training and access to Fuinjutsu information.

His Doton affinity was unexpected as he had assumed he'd have a fire affinity like most from Hi no Kuni did. He quickly found it invaluable when experimenting with seals which had a nasty tendency to explode and having a heavy slab of chakra reinforced rock between the explosion and him undoubtedly saved him several fingers at least. As his skill with Doton techniques increased and his defensive abilities became more potent Katashi incorporated the explosions that so often followed him into his combat style, which led to a rather disconcerting fondness for... 'liberal' use of exploding tags

Personality: While generally a good guy who hates formality, growing up in Konoha with all the vaunted bloodlines has left Katashi feeling somewhat cheated and deeply interested in both Kinjutsu and Jinton. Katashi is also keenly interested in the Biju and the tremendous amount of chakra they wield. His desire for power, both personal and political can lead to unsavory behavior and ethically questionable actions, though Katashi would never admit it and is leery of even being called ambitious.

Strengths and Flaws: A good grasp of Doton techniques, though almost all are defensive in nature, combined with skill in Fuinjutsu and Sensory abilities make Katashi a valuable asset. Despite being good with Doton techniques the sum total of his offensive jutsu consists of Doton: Doryūha and the derived Retsudo Tenshin, with all his other techniques classified as defensive or supplementary. His skill with using genjutsu is nonexistent and his ability to defend against them is only decent. His taijutsu skill is poor at best, fighting much more like a brawler and should he get into a close range fight Katashi relies on his defensive Doton techniques along with liberal use of exploding tags to win, or at least put some distance between him and the attacker. Should a taijutsu strike connect though it can do a large amount of damage if he has his rock armor or a similar technique in use.

Going to flesh him out a bit more, but posting what I currently have.

Revolutionist

Quote from: Ramael on May 27, 2011, 01:31:37 PM
The Mokuton/Senju issue

Rev, I'd ask you to remove the "ninja scientist" bit of your history. Sorry again, but as previously stated this is an AU and the first Hokage Hashirama Senju doesn't exist and never did.

Being as you're keen on Mokuton,however, you can keep it. This is my proposed solution;

As we don't know the specifics on whether or not Mokuton is a isolated phenomenon in one ninja or spread across all those with the Senju bloodline, I propose a Hyuuga-esque split of the clan. Senju users have the potential to "activate" their Mokuton latent abilities, much like the Uchiha have the potential to awaken their Sharingan but not all do.

But in order to make all Senju equal, I'd have it this way; "Normal/baseline Senju" and "Mokuton-capable Senju". The baseline Senju have the abilities listed in the canon (paraphrased from the manga; "the lifeforce, physicial capabilities and spirit of the Six Paths Sage"), are incredibly energetic, can take far more damage than your usual ninja, and have a larger chakra pool. Added to this (because I thought the canon ability to control the Bijuu was too OP) I'd think a natural resistance to genjutsu would be fair. They don't have a specific chakra element like some bloodlines do, and if they go through elemental activation it's the same process as other ninja.

The Mokuton capable Senju branch (or Moku-Senju) have activated their wood-jutsu ability (having a natural affinity for water and earth elements), meaning they have a wealth of new jutsu at their disposal that their baseline cousins don't have access to. However, they have slightly less chakra, durability and no natural resistance to genjutsu that their cousins do.

Baseline Senju and Moku-Senju. Does this sound fair?

Revolutionist, in your case, this would mean your character is a Moku-Senju, one of the few in the village. This could be the cause for bullying when he was younger ("Get lost, tree-boy!") , so it still fits with your biog and personality.

Thoughts? I'm thinking about rolling a baseline Senju myself, actually.

Nice cheers for clearing that up and sorry for causing so much trouble. Just one quick questions, erm do Moku-Senju clan users have access to water and earth jutsu too?

Name: Shimura Senju

Appearance:

Main strength: Wood Release - Ninjutsu

Bloodline/Clan: Moku-Senju

Biog: Shimura was an orphan from birth, his parents dying in the Great Ninja Wars. However eventually he had to be removed from the orphanage as his dormat wood element abilities kept randomly sprouting causing trouble to the village. Being kept in isolation before he learnt to control his abilities. The village was at a lost who to go to for help because Moku-Senju users are so rare. However luckily the situation resolved it self but with great cost to Shimura who was kept separate from others, having no bonds of friendship or trust.

However the village never forgot of the destruction caused by Shimura, everyone would cross the street when he walked down it, avoid him. Even in the ninja academy, parents told their children to avoid him and never play with him. Shimura was constantly alone, developing an affinity for it, learning to make do. He soon gave up on trying to make friends and approach people. He learnt to keep his head down and pretend to ignore the insults, the hushed whispers.

Personality: Shimura is quite distant and cold. He is extremely silent and rarely talks. He dislikes working in teams and likes to be alone. This is due to his childhood up bringing where he was constantly bullied but once he turned on the bullys harming them with something he had never done before, he was shocked. The village responded and treated him like he was a freak, too scared to approach him, so Shimura just learnt to be by himself independent. Not needing anyone but himself. He gets very jealous when seeing others as a happy family, and does wish he has one but he just deals with it by withdrawing into himself and being quite and pretends as if he doesn't care. One of the few things he does like though is Ichiraku ramen and has been known to spend most his money on the ramen, it is one of the few times you will see him smile.

Strengths and flaws:

Strength: His main strength is the ability to use the wood release. He is also very smart and logical. He is also constantly on his guard but that is mainly due to him not trusting anyone so he constantly expecting something to stab him in the back.

Flaw: Weakness to Genjutsu. Less durable than the Base line Senju. Also being so individual he doesn't know the meaning of having a team mate to back you up, and would rather act alone then act in a team which could cause him to face massive odds.

Ramael

Cool.

So, I have the OOC up here. Please take all questions and procrastinations and speculations and flirting and banter there. We have the players to start now so we'll try and avoid cluttering up the GI thread :)

Game threads to follow. Hope you're all as stoked as I am!

Katra Alexion

I apologize for the delay, just coming back from out of town. I will be finished with the character soon and will like be claiming a Yamanaka character

jobe352

Hello all. I've watched a good share of Naruto, yet I never partook upon an RP like this. Are all the spots filled? What's the male-to-female ratio?

I'd probably do a female--I'm more comfortable with that; I can be male...if persuaded.  ;D

I'm in, providing I'm allowed.

Ramael

Katra - look forward to seeing your character sheet.

Jobe - Not at all, we have more male ninja than female at the moment so you're more than welcome to roll up a character! Take a browse over this thread and also find the character template.

The spots will never be filled...I will populate the entire alternative Konoha if I get the interest from players! mwahaha....

Seaweed

Rameal, I'd like to join myself. If you still have room. If possible I'd like to make myself my own bloodline. Hear me out I can be pretty well explanative. I know you said it could be hard.

But what if I left the bloodline information on the OOC? Like made a family tree and what not.

If not I have two ideas I'd like to work with. If your willing, would you be willing to help me decide both?

Ramael

Seaweed, I'd be more than happy to help you develop the two other ideas you have. As you can see, we're only allowing canon Konoha bloodlines for simplicity's purposes at the moment. Definition is in the character, as opposed to the ninja magic :D

But yeah let me know what the other ideas are, let's talk.

Seaweed

Well okay bare with me, just like you asked people to hear you out. My main idea and the idea I really a interested in doing is kind of a better weird kid tale. I was er partly inspired by Orochimaru. I wanted to do the sophisticated, intelligent indepth version of that with a different character. Cause the truth is out of all the kids, I felt bad for Orochimaru the kid, hhahaha that sounds scary.

I'd also like to develop a more sophisticated and intelligent Sasuke style story.

But no losing parents. Its kind of really a pathetic tale. Actually if you like I could send you what I have of each character to you in a PM? Mind you these characters are completely original. And I'd be doing something new. But using those names makes it easy to follow where I'm going.

Ramael

You're more than welcome to send me some proposed characters. It'll give me some reading for when I come back from work :)

Seaweed

jobe352

Could my character be from the Hozuki clan? It's really no big deal if she can't...just a thought I had.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/H%C5%8Dzuki_Clan

Ramael

Reading over them now, Seaweed.

Jobe - as you can see, we're only dealing with clans/bloodlines from Konoha, so try and stick to that if you're going to make a character with a bloodine.

Seaweed

Cooltastic, I'll be looking forward to what you have to say.

jobe352

Seaweed

AusGre

Hello, I've actually been eyeing this roleplay for a few days now, since it was on page one actually. What I've noticed is a general bunch of good, solid role players coming together and a GM who really wants this to progress, seeing as they've been very fast at answering questions and the like. I've only hesitated to join, because I did not know how I would bring in a character. After a few days though and dealing with writers block and the overall hassles that life brings with it. I've decided to pitch in my favorite character for a Naruto Role Play, this one is a bit modified from the original post I did a long while ago, but still good as ever. Although, I do have one suggestion for the current GM though, and that is to possibly seek out other willing GMs to govern over the individual teams and work with the top GM to discuss how things will go and not to be overwhelmed by the mass of replies and questions for each team.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name
Hiyashi Tetsu (Last, First)

Apperance

Academy Student/Genin

Chūnin

Jōnin/Higher Advancement

Biography

Born inside Konohagakure, Tetsu was a child born without the gentle care of parents or a kinder village that so many are accustomed to seeing. Tetsu was born to parents, who did not want their born child. Derived from an accidental birth, his parents casually casted him to the side of their family while the two continued their young lives, leaving him behind a great deal of the time. Still taken care of to the point where he would survive to see childhood, Tetsu eventually learned to take care of himself, while not the honorable path, he became a thief out of necessity.  Around this time, his parents descended into the depths of poverty and sin. Drinking and gambling became an every day chore, while the presence of narcotics was always seen on their lips. They no longer noticed Tetsu as the child that they attempted to raise, but a burden on their own lives and nothing more than a thief to their own pockets. Beating and shouting at Tetsu, they eventually drove him from his own home and out onto the streets of Konohagakure.

Now homeless and without a companion in the whole village, Tetsu set out from Konohagakure and ventured into the Land of Fire. Roaming from village to village, he found himself growing deeper and deeper into the Yakuza element that plagued every rest stop to every great city. While only a runner or a thief at times, he grew connected to those in charge of the ninkyō dantai. A man, named Hiyashi Yoshimoto eventually took Tetsu into his care and attempted to raise him as a proper child, instead of the filth he had become. While still a major player in the ninkyō dantai, Yoshimoto was a man worthy of the practice of Bushidō. An honorable and trustworthy man, he attempted to instill this into the young Tetsu. A task indeed, but it still had its effects on Tetsu. While still resenting what his own parents had done to him, Tetsu became enamored with Yoshimoto and due to the life he had given him, they eventually became like father and son. At this point, Yoshimoto had given Tetsu his name, proclaiming him his own son. Hiyashi Tetsu, was his new name and his new life from now on. Tetsu hoped he would never have to see Konohagakure again, in his life.

Yoshimoto was an older man though, past the prime of his life at this point, but still able to keep ties inside the ninkyō dantai. Eventually, those under him attempted to influence other clans within the ninkyō dantai to overthrow the elder man. Yoshimoto soon found out about this threat against his life, but knew that his time had come to an end. Instructed his most loyal followers to take Tetsu away from the land and somewhere where he would be safe from those who wish to end the newly appointed heir to the ninkyō dantai. They took him back to Konohagakure and enlisted him within the Ninja Academy, the one place where he would potentially be safe. It was never a wise move to assassinate a ninja of the Land of Fire.  The revolt had taken place while Tetsu was forced to stay inside Konohagakure and his father, Yoshimoto was killed and another man had taken his place. Never knowing the fate of his father, Tetsu believed that this was his father's wish for him and dutifully accepted his position as a Konohagakure Academy Student.

While a few years older than most students inside the Academy, he still trained as hard as any other student and showed a knack for dedication to his studies and his training. The teachings of his fathers, Bushidō, flowed through his veins like the falling waves of a waterfall. Hoping to one day see his father again, he stuck at it until his graduation day came, although many months from now. Tetsu's thoughts were burden by the lurking shadow's of his parents that laid somewhere in the trotted-down parts of the village. Eventually his thoughts manifested, as he was traveling home one day to his small apartment. His father crept up on him and grabbed him by the arm, shouting and swearing at him for nothing he had done. Abandoning them, his father shouted or something other. Tetsu could not face him, he quickly smacked his fathers arms away and darted from him. Fear and panic poured out of him and as he finally reached home, he quieted his thoughts and kept them stored inside the back of his mind.

Time had passed and Tetsu had graduated from the Ninja Academy, becoming a full fledged Genin. He was ready to see his father again, promised by Yoshimoto's retainers that they would return to take him back as soon as he had become a Genin. Tetsu had waited for a month, before he realized that they were not coming. Inside the Land of Fire, his retainers had all been hunted down and the last remnants of the Yakuza Clan Hiyashi was all left in Tetsu. He did not remember the way though, the rage and fear of what might have happened stayed bottled inside him. Until, finally he had come to face his parents again, finding their home which was broken down and long past it's prime. He found them arguing about something else, when they spotted him and the ninja headband on his head. Quickly the grasped after him, claiming they owed him for ruining their lives and some other things. Tetsu tried to calm them down, but eventually everything that was bottled up from his childhood had been unleashed at that instant. He took them down to the ground and held a kunai over them, wishing to end their lives. His hands stopped though as his mind remembered all that Yoshimoto had taught him. Drawing back his hand, he gave them the option to leave Konohagakure and never return or be slain by his hand. They vanished within the night and Tetsu continued on his way up the Ninja Ranks. Showing considerable skills, Tetsu was among the top 50 choices of the Rookie of the Year. He never did earn the title though, but continued to do mission with enthusiasm and intelligence. Preforming a considerable number of D-Rank Missions and two C-Rank Missions.

Personality

Hotblooded and full of angst as a young boy, Tetsu has been exposed to the honorable teachings of Bushidō calming down his nature quite a bit and giving more meaning to his virtues of life and land. He has shown himself as a wall of stern values, but behind that wall lurks the volatile emotions of what has transpired in his past. While being this wall of integrity, in his Chunin days he has relaxed quite a bit to give off a friendly demeanor towards those who come in contact with him and he's not afraid to express his opinion or give commands to those who wish to hear his words. Rarely does he seek to fight another person, unless invoked by the opponent.

Main strength
Tetsu's main strength lies in his ability to control his chakra to almost a pinpoint measurement, which allows him to preform more jutsu without wasting unnecessary amounts of Chakra.

Strengths and Flaws

Strengths

1. Above average chakra pool.
2. All-Around knowledge of jutsu's.

Flaws

1. Large amounts of volatile emotions; prone to not thinking about actions when riled up.
2. Below average stealth abilities.
3. Minor Opium Addiction.

Explanation on Opium Effects
Tetsu is proned to indulge in the pleasures of Opium from a pipe, often times you will see a pipe on his person and if asked he would tell you it is his, "Dream Stick." Which refers to a method of taking Opium. Tetsu is only a sparse user of the drug and only partakes when he is in dire need of the product, or something has riled him up. Often times he will use it to calm himself down or relax. Although, Tetsu is known not to take pure opium, but to mix it with a even amount of tobacco.

Advantages

The user experiences a rush of pleasure, followed by an extended period of relaxation, freedom from anxiety, and the relief of physical pain. Breathing slows and the pupils of the eyes become like pinpoints. The effects of a dose of opium last about four hours.

1. There is no pain for the duration of the drug.
2. Tension of the mind and anxiety is lifted from the body.
3. A calming nature is bestowed upon the user.

Disadvantages
Opium also inhibits muscle movement in the bowels, leading to constipation, or the inability to have a bowel movement. It works on the part of the brain that controls coughing and—especially when smoked—can dry out the mouth and the mucous membranes in the nose.Continued use of opium produces two effects: 1) tolerance, or the need for greater and greater doses of a substance to achieve the same original effect; and 2) dependence, a physical and psychological craving for the drug. When people take higher doses, or take opium more often, they run the risk of overdosing. An overdose can kill because people just stop breathing and quickly die of asphyxiation.

1. Constipation or unable to make a bowel movement.
2. Lead to drying out the mouth and mucous membranes in the nose.
3. Depression, Anxiety and overall less enjoyment of life without the drug.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I do realize that there are some adult items inside my background and story, but considering this was placed inside the adult thread, I thought it would be appropriate and since this was a Japanese Anime/Manga, I figured I would add some of the Japanese Culture to it as well. Please do tell me if it is wrong or you would like something to change.

Ramael

Hi, Ausgre!

Great character profile. It's ace beans, and in-depth. You're a welcome addition to this roleplay as far as I'm concerned, with a few minor adjustments, if I may?

The adult themes (I assume you're talking about the minor opium addiction?) are fine. These are adult boards for a reason, and to be honest I like that you've added a different element. I was wondering if you could maybe enhance this aspect? For example, the opium may make him better at certain things, like insight, genjutsu resistance, maybe some other things, but obviously effect him negatively in different aspects, like reaction times, and overall stamina?

Just a thought. I don't know how much you intended for the opium aspect to come into play, but I think it's a good tool.

The other thing, which I maybe haven't made clear enough, is that we have our first core of players up and running now in the newly created Teams in the game thread. In order to keep the balance and properly attune the advancement "system" I'm having all new players (when they have completed character sheets) start off in an impromptu chunin exam, meaning technically all new players are fully developed genin about to take their exam, as opposed to new chunin. So that might affect the end of your bio, but not by a lot.

This way the current teams go about their plot events, whilst back at home in Konoha a new wave of recruits are trying to pass their exams. Our alternate Konoha is going through a strangely enthusiastic recruitment drive, having one Chunin exam so soon after the other.

And yes, I totally hear you about the other GM's. It's definately something I'm going to look into, as I'm getting loads of players applying. Any potential co-GM's reading/lurking, having a good knowledge of Naruto-verse and thinking they've got a handle on what exactly I'm doing here, feel free to pm me.

But yeah, great character profile Aus, fine tune it, and then whack it up in the character thread, you can find it by following the link to our OOC.
:)

AusGre

So, I edited his profile a bit and added more on the advantages and disadvantages of Opium. While the disadvantages might be minor to the eye, if he becomes more dependent on the product, obviously his morals will fall along with his physical health. It's a terrible flaw to have I think, but I've always wanted to try a character addicted to some form of substance, which is why I added the pipe to his belongings. Now, this pipe is a Kiseru, which is the tradition long neck pipe you see among Japanese Culture. Not like the one the Third Hokage had. As for just being ready for the impromptu Chūnin Exam, I erased the Chūnin part of his biography and took away his knowledge of Kenjutsu, while he may still use a Ninjatō. He does not have any jutsu available for enhancing it's power.

Ramael

I lol'd so hard. I'm not sure how constipation can come into a ninja battle, but damn I want to be GMing the RP that has such a thing.

You're in, stick Tetsu in the character thread (your first test as a ninja is to find this thread!) and you, me, and the other new recruits will talk about your upcoming chunin exams.

As far as I can tell, we have Ausgre, Seaweed, Katra and Jobe as all new recruits, am I right? Have I missed anyone out?

Although I am the GM, I won't be GMing an examination of any kind, so that part of the canon chunin exams is out. I can tell you there will be a "survival" element to the exams, similar to the canon version, and this will include fighting, so I may tone down the "tournament" part of our chunin exams, or drop it completely.

jobe352

Shit, AusGre. That amazing profile is rather intimidating. :"/ I'm looking at all these words, like Genin, and thinking, "WTF?" It's been a long time since I've watched Naruto...

I'll still attempt to create a character of my own. Where are you guys finding those pictures? I keep looking, but I can't find a one!

Ramael

I believe some were found by google image searches, but I like deviantart myself.

Jobe, maybe refresh your memory by watching a few episodes or spending some time on the Naruto wiki if it'll give you some inspiration for a character.