Coming Back To Life

Started by wolventears, November 18, 2013, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

It's sad that he had to go through so much, but it's lovely to read how much you don't want him to hurt that way again. It shows the love you have for each other. Despite what you've both experienced, there's beauty to find there too.

I'm glad you're both feeling much better. Try not to let the past drag you down, but it is eye opening.

wolventears

So, yesterday was the year mark of the accident. My mom took the day off to take me to the hospitals to see the doctors and nurses who had taken care of me.

They were amazed by just how good I looked and that I had walked into the hospital. Some had even taken pictures with me.

But it sucked too, because the people who I actually remember and who had really helped me, were no longer working there. But off to bigger and better things.

Also, the doctor who told my husband to give up on me and just pull the plug wasn't there either. Too bad, I really wanted to karate kick him in the dick. Bastard. I was supposedly brain dead and the brain doesn't heal. I'm supposed to still be in a hospital bed, in a vegetative state. Or if I managed to come out of the coma, my mom and husband would be reteaching me everything, like my ABC's and 123's.

Well, I proved them wrong. And to boot, I'm going back to work for the new school year in August. Will just need a little refresher but I'll be back at it with no problem. Because I'm a badass and beat the odds.  XD
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile

Gypsy

Congratulations.  I'm very happy to hear that things are going well for you.

Doctors know a lot, but they don't know everything ... and there's no way to measure the human spirit and the will to live.  You proved them wrong, and that's the best triumph of all.  Enjoy - live well, and be happy, and savor all the wonderful moments to the fullest.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Kevben Battleheart

This pretty much sums up what I have to say.

The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

wolventears

So spent May 27th through June 1st in Miami. It was my first trip since the accident. Flew there and everything.

I'm not used to the walking yet and there was a shit load. And I tried to suck it up and push through but it made my ankle swell. My acupuncturist said I was pushing myself to hard and needed to stop being so stubborn, so, after that first day, I made myself relax every so often.

My ankle didn't swell anymore. Go figure.

I had went there for a friends wedding which was a damn good thing I got out of the wheelchair because the venue was totally not wheelchair accessable. And I would have cried if I hadn't been able to go. But, the wedding was a good reason to get with it and out of the damn thing.

And to boot, I danced on the dance floor. My husband made it a point to take me out and dance, so I could feel like nothing was wrong and I didn't have any issues. Makes me love the man even more.

The plain ride back was a bitch though. Sitting in one place for five hours straight, sucked. It made my sciatic nerve act up. I'm pretty sure it got pinched in the accident and it's better if I'm moving. But what's one more thing? Ugh.

But I can keep my head up because I'm wonder woman. I got this. I'll get passed this. I mean hell, I survived being hit by a big ass diesel truck and survived when everyone said I shouldn't.

So, this is nothing. Just a hurdle I need to get over. I'm still going strong!
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

wolventears

So, doing a little checking in. I told my acupuncturist about my sciatic nerve acting up and he began a treatment for that as well as my left ankle and foot. Even gave me a way to use my tens at home for it. It is really making a difference. Granted I don't do as much standing as I did down in Miami, but I can stand longer than fifteen minutes before the pressure starts getting to me and the aching begins.

AND!!! I have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday to get cleared to go back to work. Whoo!

The husband is also looking into a transfer. We are hoping out of state. I mean, I grew up in Vegas and all, and it's the only town I've ever known but I want to live somewhere with weather and green things. This heat and being in a desert, I am completely done with.

So, I'm taking the accident as a sign that we need to start fresh. I managed to not die, so I'm getting another chance at life and why not start a new one? And this way, in about a year or two, we can start having babies, and I may have grown up here, but this isn't a town for children.

So, wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed guys.

wolventears

Just wanted to share the necklace my aunt got me as a late birthday present. It has mine and my husbands initials and birthstones along with a charm for my love of hockey and even a paw print for my wolves. It also has the tags that say inspire and warrior on it. I cried when she gave me this. It really takes the thought I have about being useless because I can't do certain things that I used to away. I still have a bit of my journey to go but I have to remember that what I have accomplished so far is fucking awesome.

And don't mind the cleavage. ;D I had just put the necklace on and didn't feel like taking it off. lol

wolventears

I get to go back to work! Whoo! No more sitting at home. Thank the gods. Can't wait. I'm going in today to end my leave of absence and the process started. I'll be like a new employee because of my absence. But I'll still have my position thankfully.

Dovel

That is wonderful to hear my friend! Congratulations!
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Ariel

You're doing great, wolven. I'm so happy to see that you're a survivor. You're a strong, beautiful woman. :-)

Also, god bless your husband and parents for their strength and support.

I hope you continue to make an ass-kicking comeback!
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

wolventears

Eeeep!!! Got the call from the school district today that my background check went through and it showed that I didn't get into any bad thing while in my coma.  :D

I go to orientation next Friday! Whoo! Although, since I lost my kitchen do to being out for so long, I will be floating and they have me starting at a middle school which is weird because I'm not sure how that will work because I am an elementary school kitchen manager. But, I'm going back to work! Aaaw yeeaahh!!!

Oniya

Middle schoolers are still much like elementary schoolers, only a little bigger.  Sometimes with a little more attitude, depending on your district.

At least, that's been my experience over the past couple of years.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

wolventears

Yeah, I just haven't ever worked in a middle school before and the kitchens are completely different, so I hope they aren't expecting me to just start running the place because I have no idea how. But, if I'm there to train, that will be great. Means I can move up and working at a middle school is a $2 raise.  :D

wolventears

So, got me a new car as of yesterday. Whoo! First car since my Camry died. But she's safe. Totally worth it. Isn't she a beaut? Glad driving doesn't scare me.

wolventears

So, this last Friday consisted of me going to orientation to once again become part of the school district. I start back to work with the new school year on August 21st. Hot damn! Cannot wait!

My walking is still a wee bit off, but, it's a lot better than it had been a month ago. My left heel is so damn close to the ground, even when I'm barefoot, it's like half an inch away. So damn close.

And I noticed that today, I manage to somewhat strike my heel first when I take a step with my left foot. Not as normal as a regular step or like my right foot, but it is so damn close. Just gotta keep pushing it and it will get there. I am determined to win this. I'm already like 95% there, just have to get that 5% and I'm done with this shit. It can't happen fast enough.

Oniya

To have made it through all this with only that half inch to go is still amazing.  Although I'm sure that spending the day working the cafeteria line will give you ample opportunity to close that gap!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

wolventears

Alright, I officially go back to work on August 13th for training before the school year starts. Whoo! Just hoping I can wear shoes by then.

I kind of broke the pinky toe on my right foot last Wednesday. It is getting better, but fuck. It hurts like a bitch. But, hell, if a big ass diesal truck can't kill me, what's a broken toe, right?

I've been getting a massage every Saturday at the local pain clinic so it's medical and she is working the muscles in my legs, my left leg especially. Hopefully it can get my foot down the half an inch to be flat. My chiropractor is trying to realign my hips to make my walking smoother.

My acupuncturist is working on my sciatica and since he's started on that, it has gotten way better.

So, I am doing pretty good for a girl who is supposed to be in a vegetative state in a hospital bed. Life is pretty damn good right now.  XD

RedPhoenix

It's so inspiring to read this and wonderful to know you are still doing so good. Stay strong, wonder woman! :D *hugs*
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Beguile's Mistress

For some bizarre reason I just no caught this thread.  Reading it threw me back about seven or eight years but there are more good memories than bad.  I truly admire your courage and fortitude and all the work you've put in getting back to where you belong.  There is no easy way to do what you have done by any stretch of the imagination and you are amazing.  Good luck with starting back to work.  You rock!

wolventears

Alright, so, yesterday, I started beginning of the school year training! Whoo! I drove my beamer, such a pretty girl, and luckily it was at a school fifteen minutes away. A nice high school and it was awesome to be back to it.

And I am guessing my supervisor had sent out an email to let everyone know that I was in a horrible car accident that put me out of commission because like twenty people came up to give me hugs and say welcome back. It was nice to know that people thought about me and sent good vibes my way.

And apparently in my year absence, a lot has changed. I lost my kitchen, so, I'm a floater now, hoping from location to location, but, at least I still have my title and position. It will just be all over the place for the time being, at least until I can get back into the hang of things. Which, seems that quite a bit has changed so I'll pretty much be learning everything again. But, it is what it is. I'm just glad to be going back.

I also have a new supervisor apparently. Nice lady. I've worked with her before and my region supervisor is the man who said I should come over to his when he was a region supervisor for another region. Well, you got me now.  :D

I go to a new school, for me anyways, next Wednesday. I'll be working with a new manager, so we'll be teaching each other. It will be interesting for sure.

So, wish me luck. I am so super stoked to be going back to work. Hot damn! Whoo! I have definitely come a long way from nearly dying. I'm not Wonder Woman for nothing. And since I'm back to the daily grind, I will be having my Wonder Woman tattoo colored, I'm thinking by November at the latest. I will be sure to post pictures for you guys.

wolventears

Had my official first day back to work today after a year and 3 months. No kids yet, they start school next week, but I was on my feet for most of the day. And damn, my feet are not used to that anymore. When I took my shoes off, it was like an instant feeling of relief. Sat my ass down and I haven't gotten up from my couch since I got home at 2.

But it did feel great to be at work again. Although, in my year absence and since my brain injury and coma did cause me to lose a year of memory, I have a lot of "new" stuff to learn. Like the programs changed, some of the procedures. Most are new to this year, but some were brought in when I was still working that last year and I have no fucking clue.

But, I'm thinking after like two days, a week at the most of doing this, I'll be like, oh yeah, that's how you do it.

So, here's to a great school year.

And, this Saturday is my 26th birthday, so here's to another year of being alive! Whoo! Proving those doctors wrong every day! :p

Oreo

I'm so proud of your achievement, wolventears. Step by step you are reclaiming your life. Such an inspiration. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

wolventears

Okay first day of school and first day with the kiddies. But my feet hurt something fierce. They aren't used to holding my fat ass up anymore. And my pinched sciatic nerve, oi.

But other than the little things, I was able to do my job successfully. And back to it tomorrow.

Oreo

Hopefully the pain will lessen one day at a time. *hugs* At least I am hoping it is so.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

TalonWench

You're incredible, Wonder Woman! Can't wait to see that gorgeous tattoo when it's all done.

Do you have special shoes to be supportive when you're on your feet?  My Dad sells safety shoes for people who work on their feet.  They're non-slip and super supportive.  Maybe there's something like that in your area?