Interest Check - Sunset House [d/s, nc-maybe, post-apocalypse]

Started by Antisoul, July 13, 2011, 10:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antisoul

Now that we have enough players to get underway I'll work on getting a elluki page for the game up sometime tomorrow or no later than Tuesday.

Haibane

Thanks for the info on the technology, that helps a good bit.

Going back to the slave trade issue I wasn't suggesting that Sunset House is a slaving centre in the way that, say, Paradise Falls in Fallout 3 was, but in order to find suitable people to sell as whores or to sell to residents you'd need some kind of buying/acquisition process in place, also some basic training too. Some would make the grade, others wouldn't and would need to be sold on. There would need to be some form of network with the outside for the setting to make sense even if the trafficking in humans was only on the level of one individual every month to two months.

Do you want Caron to look after this side of the social structure or another player char?

I ask because I think players need to have something for their chars to do, a little direction to head in to develop storylines. You have the leadership role for Caron planned obviously, but if you play him where he has too much responsibility it might stifle other players who'd like to have some more depth to their roles.

Antisoul

Sunset Hotel isn't a place where you can buy slaves, traders or slavers might sell one or two to Gideon here or there but other than that there really isn't wouldn't be hardly any traffic. The most I could see would be your trader character opting to purchase a slave brought in by an NPC and try to resell them but yeah.. I'm sorry but the trader is and was primarily meant to trade in supplies and arms as well as be the resident tinkerer etc. If that just ruins the game for you I'm sorry but I'm going to stick with this view of the Sunset House community.

As for other responsibilities well the mercenary captain would be dealing with both keeping order and repelling would be raiders or slavers.

The trader would need to see to the acquisition of Sunset's necessities like diesel fuel, food, clothing, weapons and ammunition, medicine
and such.

The bartender would handle the running of the Sunset House's establishment as lodgings, bar & whore house.

Residents could have a variety of things to do, one might be say a handy man or a 'prospector' going out to salvage junk. They might just live there but still be a vital member of the community. One might be the resident doctor.

The slaves when there are no 'customers' meaning folk coming into the game as one-shot characters could and likely would be servicing residents, mercenaries, & other characters.

Then there is just plain old fashioned drama that crops up in any group setting.

And in addition to all of that I plan to toss in plenty of external events to keep things moving along if the game decides to slow down.

Also just to reiterate, NPC's may bring a PC slave into Sunset House for sale, who buys them I really don't care. Slaves will not be sold within the walls of Sunset.

Haibane

Quote from: Antisoul on July 16, 2011, 07:48:40 AM
The most I could see would be your trader character opting to purchase a slave brought in by an NPC and try to resell them.
You are being so wonderfully helpful and I thank you very much for this. That answers my question: there are passing NPC trade caravans that (among other things) occasionally sell slaves and my trader can make contact with them and do a deal. That's what I was asking about.
As I said I wasn't equating this setting to Paradise Falls at all.

Since we have players asking to play newly captured slaves to be trained up I was trying to see where they would first make contact with Sunset House and who they would interact with. I'm sorry if my questions were not clear.

Quote from: Antisoul on July 16, 2011, 07:48:40 AMSlaves will not be sold within the walls of Sunset.
That's interesting. How big is the Sunset House community and how would a resident go about acquiring a slave? It seems to me that human nature makes it so that whenever there is a market, buying and selling naturally occur, no matter what the commodity is.

Antisoul

I have a feeling the answers to a lot of the questions you have, and I thank you for them, will be covered once I get the games Elluki up and going by tuesday the 19th.

But to answer your immediate questions. Typically speaking the person a newly captured slave that needed to be trained up would likely first encounter Amazon our Mercenary Captain or if she decides to assign another PC merc to inspect caravans that pass through then they'd run into that person first.

The mercenary should then direct the traveling merchant to see Gideon which may have them waiting around at the Sunset House proper (the actual house). Where they would meet the bartender and whoever else is there.

Once Caron gets around to meeting with the trader (I use trader in the answer to this because Gideon wouldn't purchase an untrained slave from a slaver), this is the person the newly captured slave would ultimately wind up in the care of. What Gideon does with them at this point would vary based on the slave and his assessment of them.

One of Caron's standing laws is that anyone residing in Sunset House (which actually refers to both the community and the house proper) seeking to procure a personal slave will purchase them from Caron. This is how he manages the influx of the slave population. Remember that every slave the community buys and keeps is another mouth that needs feeding, another body that needs shelter and protection. Bottom line is every new slave costs Caron personally. This is the core reason why he so strictly regulates the trading of slaves in Sunset House, his resources are finite.

[A full listing of Caron's laws, collectively referred to as Caron's Creed, will be in the Elluki. (Don't worry there really aren't that many and each one will have both an IC and OOC explanation for its existence).]

Second question.

Sunset House, the community is comprised of Sunset House [floor plan linked at the bottom of this message], the resident Trader's (your character Haibane) two-story home/work shop [shored up and reinforced/constructed with salvaged building material like all the structures except the remarkably intact Sunset House], eight other two to three bedroom homes also patched together from the rubble of the surrounding wastes, a single three bedroom home with significant interior reconstruction which functions as a barracks for the mercenaries, a well, a thirty foot high makeshift tower with a platform and covering to hold a look out/sniper, one formerly two bedroom home with interior reconstruction leaving it open enough to function as a store room and to house the dozen or so diesel generators providing Sunset House with electricity and lastly a eight to ten foot wall constructed from the surrounding residential rubble and some busted down vehicles encircling the community with a southern and northern gate both of which remain typically open during daylight hours and remain shut and barred through out the night.

As for the population of Sunset House. It would be broken down into PCs and NPCs.
PC's are listed in my original post, but to go ahead and list it again here, there will be [when I stop recruiting permanent players].
Gideon, nine mercenaries (this includes their captain), the bartender, cook, trader, eight permanent residents, up to 5 female slaves and up to 5 male slaves. Thats a total of 31 PC characters if the game fills all the way up. And that doesn't include transient PC customer's.

NPCs - Families of the resident PCs if they have them, transient caravans, slaves, mercenaries, prospectors and the important Mystery Man [think someone like the blue suit from half-life, or your typical man in black]. This is a fluid number of people.

All told you'd be looking at a walled community roughly the size of a small neighborhood with probably one road running north/south that's home to no more than eighty people at any given time.

And for now, please Haibane hold onto further questions until this coming tuesday and then check out the Elluki I put up. After that if you still have questions then good on ya but please PM them to me.

Sunset House - Lower Floor

Sunset House - First Floor

Sunset House - Second Floor

fireflights

Erm, Anti where would the bar be then haha I looked at the floor plans and can't see where you plan to put my bar so I can be a big bad barkeep

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

Antisoul

Your bar is on the floor plan 1st floor, the Family Room, Kitchen, Breakfast Nook, Dining Room and Living Room as well as the PR., Foyer and both porches. And remember, its Caron's Bar, you work for a living.

You're also incharge of the second floor which utilizes the opt. floor plans so there are four bedrooms upstairs.

Gideon lives on the lower floor having transformed the rec room into a studio. So the bartender and cook share the master bedroom. Or I may remove the role of cook all together and let you handle it.

fireflights

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

dakabn

I've seen some posts that make me concerned. Is my character idea no longer welcomed? (I can do another idea, but I'd love my original if it's still ok.)

Antisoul

No your still fine, except you're more likely to be writing alongside Gideon at first and not the community trader.
Also I'm working tonight and mostly tomorrow on the Elluki for the game which I believe should provide some more in depth information regarding the game.

Sarah Morgan

Go ahead and put me down for another of the female slaves, although I can't decide if I want to be a new acquisition or someone who's been trained already.  Probably a new arrival though, unless the game gets coroded over with them, and then I can always think about something else. I'll look forward to reading more about the game when the detailed information gets put up.

Saerrael

Hm, if we can pick between newly arrival and having been around... I'd like to have my guy been around for some time.

Sarah Morgan

Go ahead and put me down for another of the female slaves, although I can't decide if I want to be a new acquisition or someone who's been trained already.  Probably a new arrival though, unless the game gets coroded over with them, and then I can always think about something else. I'll look forward to reading more about the game when the detailed information gets put up

Aragem

dwellinthedark

Mark me down for a mercenary since it looks like you're still looking for some more.  I'll work out character concept properly and stuff tomorrow after I've had some sleep.
Chastity:  The most unnatural of the sexual perversions.  ~Aldous Huxley
Ons and Offs     Dreams and Desires

Haibane

My intention was that the trader lady would have a male slave as her general helper. He'd assist in the store selling stuff to regulars (but not have the responsibility of bartering with passing caravans/outsiders) and would also help in the back room (the techy area) where the trader strips down equipment and fixes or modifies it, so he'd have got some technical knowledge from her as well. This slave would have been around a good while so that slot is open. If a player comes forward to take that role it is up to them whether there is a sexual relationship between the trader and her boy. I'd like the male slave to be young and pretty, almost girly, no more than teens please. If there's a sexual side to their relationship there will be an element of forced cross-dressing too (my traders main kink). If no-one wants the role it can be an NPC, I have no problem with that.

Haibane

Hi all

Following an exchange of PMs with Antisoul I have decided this game is not for me. Or rather, this GM is not for me. My apologies to those who wanted to play opposite my trader character.

dakabn

Well, personalities sometimes don't mesh. I suppose we just need to figure out what now?

Antisoul

Putting together the game's Elluki today, will have a link for it put up by the end of the day. The page will contain expanded information regarding the game setting, premise, game play (I.E. things to do.), a blank character sheet, a list of characters & NPC's (once the character sheets start to roll in.), information on area's surrounding the Sunset House community.

After reading the Elluki I ask that anyone with questions about its content or ideas where the game might be improved and any constructive criticism be directed to me via PM and I will do my best to work with you to make the game a better one for everyone.

Thank you for your patience folks, I know its been slow going getting this up and running.

Antisoul

Here is a link to the Elluki which is still heavily under construction but should provide some information in the time being. I'll be sure to post here as I update it.

Sunset House Elluki

Saerrael

Antisoul

I've added a link to the Elluki to the OP (Original Post). Also I've updated the Character Creation section with a basic character sheet. Please make sure you read that section thoroughly before submitting me a character. Additionally I have made a minor update to the Main Page with the beginnings of the Job Listings (for resident players).

By the end of today my goals are to have a proposed system detailed, get the player feedback section up so everyone can put in their two cents about the proposed system (please note I typically run free form games, but as I intend for this game to be as expansive as possible such as including the areas surrounding Sunset House and plenty of opportunity for characters to go off and do something dangerous that I feel there should be some sort of system to handle that).

And finally to make a forum thread for OOC chat where we can move this kind of posting and a Character Listing for approved characters.

As always I thank everyone for their interest and seemingly limitless patience, you really have no idea how grateful I am that you all are bearing with me on this.

Aragem

Take your time.  I understand the hassles of starting a group game.