User Images (unapproved, Lord, Lady, Mentor etc...)

Started by Erotisch, November 06, 2011, 07:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erotisch

I don't want to step on any toes so I want to say I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this suggestions. In my opinion, these user rank images (the squares that say Lady, Lord, Mentor and the like) need some work. I do some graphic design and forum design. If you are interested, I could create new images for these and send them to the person who would be in charge of implementing them into the Admin CP. All I would need is a list of the titles of all of these. I can keep the background colors the same, if that is what is preferred, and just streamline the rest of the image.

They aren't 'awful'....they just need some work to spruce them up a bit. I'm very open and could do several sets until one is achieved that you like. Let me know and I'll get to work on it.

:-)

Autumn Sativus

Caeli's post here outlines all of the tags that Elliquiy currently uses. I can't say if any images you created would get used but at least that's answer to one of your questions.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Caeli

If you become an approved member of the site, you can contact Vekseid about that. :) Nobody's ever had any complaints about the tags, though.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Erotisch

Thanks Saffron!

Caeli, not a complaint, per se. But I am an artist so I tend to notice things where improvement could be made.  ;)

Thanks ladies!

HockeyGod

I think that people are accustomed to them. Some of them are a bit more controversial...I believe there was a significant discussion about a pink mentor tag that was either loved or loathed.

My personal favorite is the GM tag  ;D

Haibane

What I notice is the 3D effect of the button surface edges is a bit close to the text and can clash with it, giving an odd effect on some of the tags/buttons. Perhaps this is what Erotisch saw? I personally have no issues with any of them though but if a person wants to do something to help the site we need to give them all possible encouragement!

Neroon

Of course, it depends if it's actually a help or not.  Changing something to match one person's aesthetic taste is hardly helping if others are dissatisfied with the change.  I'd be interested in seeing Erotisch's suggestions but, in the end, change for such reasons is as likely to upset as many people as it pleases.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Haibane

It was my assumption that that was self-evident. Obviously all offers to help are always only in the form of suggestions initially and things like altering graphics would need to be approved by whoever needs to approve them. In the past I think Veks would put such things up for the site membership to comment... which of course means that someone is always going to say 'no', we'd just need to see if a majority said 'yes' ;)

Of course if Veks thinks a suggestion is pure brilliance he can implement a change at his discretion without asking anyone else.

Erotisch

Oh boy. Looks like I've already stepped on some toes. I'm sorry, was not my intention. And yes, Haibane was correct on what was clashing. I wouldn't want to offend large numbers of people, which is why (if I were to do this) I would keep it as close to the original as possible. I'd just be streamlining it a little so that things to clash or run over where they shouldn't.

But if even suggesting this is putting me in a bad light with you guys, then scratch the idea. I have graphic design experience and have worked on several forums. I was simply trying to help.  :-[

Beguile's Mistress

Suggestions are always welcome.  We love suggestions.  Please don't be discouraged about what you're proposing.  Stifling creativity is the last thing we want to do here.

BTW - Welcome to our community and good luck with your approval process.