Tumblr and the new Audio Ads: Does anyone know how to block them?

Started by King Serperior, July 20, 2016, 12:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Just as the title says:  Does anyone know how to block these new audio ads on Tumblr?  The ads are able to get past adblock and it's annoying to have to set each tab that has Tumblr on to mute.   >:(

If anyone knows of anything or if other Tumblr users have found a solution, I'd like to know.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RampantDesires

If you use Chrome I got This Disable HTML5-autoplay thing from the Chrome Web Store and it stopped the annoying audio from plaguing my precious tumblr time. 

Keep in mind I'm not a computermancer and the magic of why and how such things work is beyond me, but it DID work *shrugs*

(It is also worth noting that you have to change the option to "Disable nothing" when you WANT to listen to things, like say on youtube, but it's easy to do)

If others have better solutions I'd be super thrilled to try them.  I hate these new audio ad things :-(

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Nadir

If you have ad blocker you can right click the tab and mute the whole tab - not perfect though.