Pro-Wrestling Takedown Federation (W.T.F.) - Seeking Diva's

Started by BlackestKnight, August 20, 2013, 09:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Hogan

Still very much intersted, I was just out of circulation for a bit.
What do you  guys still need?

Batman4560

Rex Pacis

Countdown, my opinion is your character is missing a legitimate finisher.

I think spine busters are usually set up but you could go with it and while you could go with the heel hook I think it would be weird to have a submission be a hardcore brawler's finisher. A monstrous missile dropkick could work too like Daniel Bryan's and your body splash has no stars...if you catch my drift. xD The chair and super-plex seem too gimmicky to me to be counted as finishers. Other than that I think David is good to go.

I was thinking also, Knight, is it okay if we separate our moves into a finisher and signature section, like Zenpai? I was thinking maybe two finishers and four signatures? Something along the lines of the Smackdown games. Two and two could work too.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Countdown0

Hmm... that's true. I don't have a real finisher... >.<

There, now that problem is solved :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Countdown0 on September 08, 2013, 01:02:24 AM
Any ideas then? I'm open to changing him, as long as its not something that ruins the base idea of the character.

I think I know what it is, your guy is just kinda dry, you know what I mean? Even if you can wrestle your ass off, you need a trademark look to establish your character.

I'm fine with the hardcore gimmick, it's just that I'm not sold on the presentation. You're missing the superstar flair.

Note: I probably won't accept another generic badass type character unless they're quirky in some way.

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 08, 2013, 08:37:06 AM
I think I know what it is, your guy is just kinda dry, you know what I mean? Even if you can wrestle your ass off, you need a trademark look to establish your character.

I'm fine with the hardcore gimmick, it's just that I'm not sold on the presentation. You're missing the superstar flair.

Yes.

I think most of our characters can be compared to particular wrestlers either as direct inspiration or fitting the archtype/trope. This character is obviously Mick Foley, he's described to match the part but he doesn't look the part.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 07, 2013, 08:10:35 PM
I should specify, I'm not looking for a face champion right at this moment , rather I'm looking for someone who can become champion down the road but for whatever reason hasn't reached that level yet. So your character would not be a champion at all , but a contender most likely. Other than that, welcome to the game. Right now in the story, the championship belt is vacant again, there is no current owner, but there are a lot of people vying for that.

All three characters are approved.

Whoops. I'll adjust accordingly.

Primarch

Not to make the game too complex or anything but should there be a cap on the stats? or some means of deciding how many points each character has to distribute? Because right now there's nothing and its mostly leading to slowly rising increments and its already gotten to the point where "The World's Most Dangerous Man" whom is a passing the torch former Champion has the second highest total stats.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on September 08, 2013, 11:01:10 AM
Not to make the game too complex or anything but should there be a cap on the stats? or some means of deciding how many points each character has to distribute? Because right now there's nothing and its mostly leading to slowly rising increments and its already gotten to the point where "The World's Most Dangerous Man" whom is a passing the torch former Champion has the second highest total stats.

Stats have no actual bearing in game aside from mere psychological bragging points, it's just there to establish the aptitudes of a given character, but even then if someone were the most overpowered wrestler in history it wouldn't amount to much if the fans don't receive your character. You would just end up being another shelton benjamin, an uber athlete talent who couldn't get over with the crowd because he's doesn't have the "It" factor of a superstar. If anything, how interesting your gimmick is and how well you can do promos will affect your placement. I don't care too much if people overcompensate with their characters abilities , but at the end of the day you have back it up with substance.

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 08, 2013, 11:13:29 AM
Stats have no actual bearing in game aside from mere psychological bragging points, it's just there to establish the aptitudes of a given character, but even then if someone were the most overpowered wrestler in history it wouldn't amount to much if the fans don't receive your character. You would just end up being another shelton benjamin, an uber athlete talent who couldn't get over with the crowd because he's doesn't have the "It" factor of a superstar. If anything, how interesting your gimmick is and how well you can do promos will affect your placement.

Fair enough.

Batman4560

Its funny you mention Shelton. I was just saying how I really liked him in the ring and I liked his promos.

Laughing Hyena

Any real life examples we wanna name here? I can name a few. ^_^

Rex Pacis

He was the gold standard. Nobody took a super kick like Shelton. :'(

I'm gonna throw Lance Storm out there....if I could be serious for a moment. Good stuff.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Laughing Hyena

Anyway I adjusted Pulse's numbers since they were a valid point and I have clarified the gimmick.

xPeachyPuff

How many characters can we have Knight? I might be interested in making another 'Diva' (:

- Rainbow

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 08, 2013, 05:13:58 PM
How many characters can we have Knight? I might be interested in making another 'Diva' (:

I like the marks around Dive. :P Shall we except this gal to be a touch less than the traditional understanding?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on September 08, 2013, 05:22:52 PM
I like the marks around Dive. :P Shall we except this gal to be a touch less than the traditional understanding?

You'll have to wait and see now, won't you Primarch. So impatient xD

- Rainbow

BlackestKnight

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 08, 2013, 05:13:58 PM

- Rainbow

I'll allow 2 for now. I'll also get around to making a list of NPC wrestlers that anyone can use.

Countdown0

Quote from: Primarch on September 08, 2013, 08:40:52 AM
Yes.

I think most of our characters can be compared to particular wrestlers either as direct inspiration or fitting the archtype/trope. This character is obviously Mick Foley, he's described to match the part but he doesn't look the part.

Riiiiiiight... Well, I'm just gonna call myself out of this particular RP.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

xPeachyPuff

Well, here she is. Let me know what you think of her.

- Rainbow

Played by: xSnorkleRainbow
Stage Name: Tori 'The Huntress' Huntsman.
Sex: Female.
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 126lbs.
Hometown: Los Angeles, California.
Alignment: Tweener.
Gimmick: Tori will do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. If you like her, great; good for you for having your own mind. If you hate her; fuck off. She's very much like marmite and is extremely blunt in what she says; she isn't afraid to speak the truth and that can often get her into trouble.
Style:  Hyrbid - Speedster/Guile/Striker.
Signature Move(s): Headscissor Takedown, Hurricarana, Step up Enziguri, Monkey Flip, Lotus Hold.
Trademark Taunt: Her recurring, most noteworthy comments would be "What?" or "Fuck off." She also likes giving her defeated opponents a kiss on the cheek, leaving a red lipstick mark.
Theme Music: Like It Loud - Myah Marie.

Attributes

Durability: 9/10
Strength: 7/10
Technique: 7.5/10
Submission: 6.5/10
Speed/Aerial: 9/10
Stamina: 8/10
Charisma: 9.5/10
Hardcore: 6.5/10
Overall: 63

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 08, 2013, 07:38:30 PM

I like her shorts. The rest is alright too I suppose.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 08, 2013, 07:38:30 PM

- Rainbow

Played by: xSnorkleRainbow
Stage Name: Tori 'The Huntress' Huntsman.
Sex: Female.
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 126lbs.
Hometown: Los Angeles, California.
Alignment: Tweener.
Gimmick: Tori will do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. If you like her, great; good for you for having your own mind. If you hate her; fuck off. She's very much like marmite and is extremely blunt in what she says; she isn't afraid to speak the truth and that can often get her into trouble.
Style:  Hyrbid - Speedster/Guile/Striker.
Signature Move(s): Headscissor Takedown, Hurricarana, Step up Enziguri, Monkey Flip, Lotus Hold.
Trademark Taunt: Her recurring, most noteworthy comments would be "What?" or "Fuck off." She also likes giving her defeated opponents a kiss on the cheek, leaving a red lipstick mark.
Theme Music: Like It Loud - Myah Marie.

Attributes

Durability: 9/10
Strength: 7/10
Technique: 7.5/10
Submission: 6.5/10
Speed/Aerial: 9/10
Stamina: 8/10
Charisma: 9.5/10
Hardcore: 6.5/10
Overall: 63

Approved, nice shorts.