Psychologically Dark Subjects {Mature Writers Only}

Started by Greenthorn, July 21, 2023, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

I am interested in exploring a heavily dark psychological undertaking. I have two scenarios in mind, and both are extremely controversial. My choice of writing partners will be very discriminant and I will not write these stories with someone who is not active on the forum or someone who has recently joined. This is not because of an elitist attitude, I will need to ensure that delving into these subjects will not have an effect on someone’s real life and will be looking for any indication that it may. If I think you cannot handle it, then I will not write it with you, or even stop writing it with you.

• You must be mature and capable of disconnecting yourself from your writing.
  • You must be mentally and emotionally stable.
  • You must agree to constant communication throughout writing with me on these subjects and agree that at any time you become uncomfortable, you will either stop writing or take a break. I also will stop writing or take a break if I feel the stories are having a negative effect on me, so you need to be prepared for that as well
I am unsure whether I want to write this here on the board or on discord, though I prefer here. As the first scenario could be seen as worrisome to some, a potential audience is welcomed. Additionally, I feel writing something like the first scenario on discord could be a little too isolating. I am not opposed to writing on discord, but I will more hesitant to do so.

I should probably explain the why behind this request. I am fascinated with the mind, especially the dark corners that many people hide away or pretend they don’t exist. I also like to write difficult, controversial stories that most people find uncomfortable. I am, in no way, interested in romanticizing these topics, they are dark, depressing, and disturbing… I simply want to explore them and experience them. Knowing this information, anyone who is looking for someone who can and will explore those dark corners in a different setting/scenario, feel free to contact me.

The scenarios are below, and I will be looking for input on how to set them up to gauge your interest and your “headspace”. Also, third person perspective is required, though there will be a lot of dialogue. There are options of how these characters meet and I do not have that set in stone. I'm thinking it would depend on your character's demographics and how they relate to my character.

Your character (and you!) can be any gender, any sexual preference, any age (above 18), and so on. Your character is your own. Their reasons are their own. Their backstory is totally up to you. As a note, for the suicide story, my character is a heterosexual female who has just turned 30. I do not yet have her reasons or full back story.

Scenario one: Mutual suicide. This story can be the last day of their lives, or even longer, depending on how far my writing partner wants to delve into the "spiral". This story has a definite end.

Scenario two: Convincing someone to help you kill or get serious revenge on someone. This one would be the result of something horrible that has happened to one of the characters. It is not the result of something such as “they cheated on me”. This is one character who is determined to hurt someone and they are determined to convince the other character to help. Alternatively, this can be more about pure manipulation with one character pushing the other to commit the act, but not joining them.

Alternative Scenario two: Someone hearing voices in their head and they slowly begin to question reality. Possible schizophrenia. This topic especially will not be romanticized for personal reasons. I do not refer to mental health diseases as people going "crazy". If you do, you will not be a good fit for this subject.

Scenario Three: A therapist who takes advantage of his or her patient, playing with their mental illness. This is a complete manipulation story. Perhaps the patient is depressed and the therapist plays into it, either abusively rushing 'an end' or convincing the patient of ways to find happiness, ways that are dangerous or depraved. Or, maybe the patient is a kleptomaniac and the therapist convinces them that the only way to become cured is to steal more and more and sends him or her on 'missions'. This has the air of a 'cult leader' type story as the patient will assume the therapist has the best intentions.

All scenarios are meant to end in the psychological destruction of the character(s). For non-mutual scenarios, such as the manipulation one, I can play either character.

Please contact me through PM or on Discord (my discord is in my Ons and Offs). Also, I fully welcome any questions or concerns and I am very open to some variations of the scenarios.

I've included a writing sample/possible beginning post that could fit scenarios 1 or 2.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Marie, happy birthday to you.

The rectangular cake was still sitting on its black plastic container bottom. Vanilla cake with vanilla whipped topping, ‘freshly baked’ by the local grocery store, most likely two or three days ago. The edges had little swoops of ridged icing all around except for the upper right corner where someone had run their finger through to have a taste. Round, colorful sprinkles lay along the edges, the occasional one lying precariously on top of a swoop, threatening to fall off the second a knife went into the cake. A cluster of yellow and orange icing flowers, some losing their definition, sat on the upper right corner, and in big red sugary letters, Happy 30th Birthday Marie, scrawled across the center of the cake. Under the words were two numbered candles pressed into the cake, both lit and both surrounded by a small pool of melted wax that now contaminated the icing around them.

Marie blew out the candles on the cake with a big, fake smile on her face. Above her, hidden behind a yellowed plastic panel that showed the shadow of long dead trapped insects, the fluorescent tube light flickered and hummed. The seven people in the room either clapped or mumbled some sort of expected, joyous expression, before going back to their usual seats where their lunches awaited them. The workday was only halfway over and there was only 15 minutes left before they all needed to return to their cubicles, replace their headsets, and begin the endless script of helping idiotic people order fake medical breakthroughs from the internet. For now, they will enjoy their lunches, sitting in the room that smelled of tuna, onions, egg salad, and the odoriferous mix of popcorn and burnt coffee.

Marie’s day ended 10 minutes ago; she had a half day and then her two-week vacation began. She had no plans to return to work after her vacation, but didn’t feel the need to tell anyone. She muttered polite thank yous to people she barely knew, then grabbed her coat from a hook on the wall and headed for the door. As she departed, one of her coworkers picked up the cake and promptly dumped it into a large trashcan, right on top of the previous day’s birthday cake. No one ever ate the birthday cakes.

Greenthorn

Greenthorn

Added scenario three. All scenarios are not set in stone and I welcome any ideas/input.

Greenthorn

Added a writing sample/first possible post for two scenarios

Greenthorn

Still looking for my dark writers! And please note, these ideas are not smut heavy.

Also, I am happy to receive any psychological, dark, intense, cerebral, or horror plots from others as well.

Greenthorn

I have been absent from writing here due to a lot of reasons, and I am looking to begin writing again. All of my ideas in the first post are still up for grabs. I am NOT looking for pure smut, my ratio for smut is very low. I like anything dark, anything weird, anything that other people tend to raise an eyebrow at. 

If you have a darker story, please feel free to PM me or grab me on discord (in my O/Os). Forewarning, I can sometimes be picky with ideas, but I am always polite! Even if we don't mesh, I'd still like to connect with more "dark" minds.