Darkling's Grim Dark Future!

Started by ChaoticSky, December 07, 2010, 05:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth.
He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and ruler of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies.
He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology.
He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, that he may never truly die.
To live in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable.
This is a tale of those times.
It is a universe you can live in today – if you dare – for this is a dark and terrible era where you will find little comfort or hope.
If you want to take part in the adventure then prepare yourself now.
Forget the power of technology, science and common humanity.
Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for so much has been lost, never to be relearned.
There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...
For in the grim darkness of the future, there is only war!

Welcome to the Grim Dark Future! I am currently seeking 2 Rps. PMs are much preferred for the actual ideas, but feel free to indicate your interest (and keep the topic up!)

For those of you 'in the know' this is a tagline of Warhammer 40,000 (henseforth known as 40k), i am a avid fan of this setting, and religiously consume all material related to it that i can get my hands on. I have long sought 40k-related RPs on E with various degrees of success, but a recent spam of PMs when i popped up in a 40k group topic has convinced me there may be enough interest to actually make one of these (my first Rp Idea Topic ever! yay me!). The all of these roleplays are heavily steeped in 40k lore, and require a decent knowledge of the setting to play them out.

I preferr long term, story centric roleplays. Will there be sex? Oh yes. But sex is vastly more interesting in the context of a larger story, and will likely take a backseat untill the point is reached where the characters can do the dirty quite naturally in context of the story. I will not be taking games on first come/first serve, rather, i shall decide based on the quality of the pitch i get in response to my ideas, your own original ideas are also welcome, though please be sure to sell them 'hey wanna play a eldar getting raped by a slaanesh marine?' will not suffice. I play Imperial, Chaos, and Eldar. And most subfactions thereof. To prove you read all this please add 'i hate the tau' to your PM, and ideally mean it :P, the Tau are the one facet of 40k i absolutely abhor, and will not play as or with, though you may earn points by pegging them as a possible enemy for the RP. I enjoy few things more than laying waste to all their fluffy, filthy, xenos dreams. Mentioning Starcraft or anything Starcraftian will similarly get you on my badlist! Or female Marines!or Goto!

The format is as such:
Name: preferred genders (bold for a Hard preference): roles (bold for mine)
-D/s state
=Idea

All Roleplays will be considered EX, probably due to a overall dark theme, and graphic violence (not necessarily of a sexual sort), and the incredible level of potential depravity that 40k offers. As a rule of thumb, you safely assume that anything youve seen or heard of in 40k, could potentially happen in these games. if these things bother you, you probably arent fammilar enough with 40k to play any of them well, since said darkness would have driven you away from the medium before you could acquire the necessary understanding. (that said, im not one of those people into the superdark kinks... but if in-setting realism demands it... i will go there, and i expect the same from my partners)

without further aduuuuuuu:

Chaos in our Midst: M/F: Guardsman/Cultist-Guardswoman
-Probably a strong D/s element, with the Guardsman as the dom, taking advantage of the situation.
=For this one i imagine a newly founded Guard regiment, mixed gender. The world pays a tithe of soldiers to the Imperial Guard, and so they recruit and train a good number of troops to be shipped off, in the manner of worlds with strong military traditions. However, for whatever reason, they were short of their tithe this year, and with the deadline fast approaching, they did what non-military themed worlds tend to do >_>, pressgang and draft people off the street, force them through basic training, hand them a gun, and wave goodbye. The result is that this Regiment has a large 'chaff' population, which fills out the regular troopers, with sergeants and all other command positions going to the properly trained career soldiers. The story  begins when one sergeant in particular notices something about one of the women under his command, perhaps she survived something she shouldnt have, or finds a obviously heretical item, maybe he catches her praying... to the gods of Chaos. Then instead of killing her right off, the guardsman charges her to use the fell powers she possesses to help the regiment... and of course, to serve him in other ways, unless she wants to be found out and burned as a heretic. Obviously this one can go alot of ways, unless someone can give me a amazing idea otherwise, i intend to play her more 'reluctant' than 'unwilling', if it goes to the darker end... the focus would be on how thoroughly and cruelly he abuses her, and of course, all of this will be occurring along the lines of a military campaign, and work alongside the combat, taking of objectives, firefights, and so on, possibly several campaigns if the RP proves lasting and awesome.
also possibly open for a female partner

Turning Sisters: F/F(bisexual): Chaos Cultist or Sorceress/Adeptus Sororitas
-Ideally without a strong D/s dynamic between the two main characters, though the Chaos player may have to take a firm or dominant role initially, the Sororitas (me) might also take up a dominant role later on.
=The central idea here is of a sister of battle captured by chaos, perhaps on some recently taken world, the forces that hold her (probably a Traitor Legion) have decided they want to break her of her faith to serve them as a legion serf, perhaps as a leader in their traitor guard/heretic rabble/cultist armies, but so far their methods of torture and corruption have failed, and she remains steadfast. Rather than kill her, they decide to try something more.... subtle, and hand her off to a leaderish cultist type for a more prolonged and 'gentle' corruption, having her toil as a serf, while being seduced and slowly brought over to chaos by her companion, probably little things, lead to make small exceptions, which grow and grow over time. The fine details, such as which legion, are matters that can be discussed pregame, or suggested in your pitch, im quite open ^^. i tagged the game as bisexual because it may (but not necessarily) involve sexually servicing our chaos marine overlords (NPCs), depending on which legion we are making use of. The end result of the game would be the corruption of the sororitas, and the pair becoming something of a 'power couple' within the command structure of the Legion's follower armies

All In the Family: M/F: Rogue Trader/Their Daughter or Sister
-Could go many ways, probably no D/s, except for natural familial authority.
=Incest-centric Roleplay. Old Rogue Trader Warrants Of Trade are passed down through the family line, forming a RT dynasty. It makes sense that these powerful individuals would form close family bonds, not unlike real-world royalty, where incest was common. So i was thinking about a game that involved old RT dynasty, and a incestuous relation between the current holder of the Warrant and their only (living) family member, either a daughter or sister. The details of the pair would be worked out. Beyond that, there are many kinds of RTs, merchant prices who rule the economics of entire sectors, glorified pirates, explorers, etc, the particular variety i was thinking about, for us, would be the 'indianna jones' sort of Rogue Trader, ranging far into the dark, at the fringes of known space, seeking relics and technology of mankind's past, xenos, and whatever else, to sell to the highest bigger in one-time ultra-high profit ventures. Which will allow us a nice little adventure or dozen :P

Xenos Gambit
This one is a vague idea, sufficed to say, im willing to listen to ideas involving Xenos (except Tau, obviously) as well as humans, eldar are the only xenos i play as, but im willing to play with others... as long as it makes sense, no orks, obviously :P

Other Ideas are Welcome!

DuhMan

Krayz