Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder) Recruitment Thread

Started by Pointless Digression, December 10, 2012, 05:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pointless Digression

Thorne

I'm still waiting on word on whether my alternate is acceptable or not.
Not sure whether I should point out that said alternate does not have to be male - I flipped a coin for gender, as for that one, I don't think it makes so much difference.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Pointless Digression

Please forgive me, Thorne. I thought I had sent you a private message, but apparently it didn't go through. I'll resend it now.

Thorne

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Andi

I'm just going to post this here, then, for your entertainment.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Irazdur was born during the last years of Obeahn rule in Albion. Marked even as a newborn by his distinctive coloration (onyx skin with gold markings, platinum hair with purple and blue highlights and bright blue eyes), his parents, simple farmers living in the central Heartlands of Albion knew that the child was born to greater things than the plow. He was nursed until his first teeth broke, then fostered to the local church of Sol Invictus to be raised in the spirit of kindness and goodness towards all. The church fosterling, true to his otherworldly nature, matured slowly, but showed a keen interest in all matters ecclesiastical in nature, as well as how these matters of the church relate to the structure of the universe. Then the war broke out, and to the young Aasimar, the Undefeated Sun revealed its true colors - a tyrant with an absolute demand of obedience. During the months of fighting, his home village was repeatedly set upon by scavenging armies, all in the name of the greater good.
It was near the end of the war when an Obeahn troop passed through town. They were not any gentler with the townsfolk than the followers of Darius Magnus had been, really, but for one important difference. Whereas the troops of the Victor demanded the town's livelihood in the righteousness of their cause, these men admitted they took the village's food because they could - while they could not plunder larger settlements. Giving that some thought, Irazdur finally could not reconcile the behavior of those god-fearing soldiers of Sol Invictus with their actions any more. He left the church and his home that day, determined to eventually be himself in the position to take, rather than to be taken from. When, a few days later, he stumbled into a Temple of Asmodeus, hungry, weatherbeaten and tired, he was ready to swear his allegiance to the Dark Lord.

Irazdur spent the next fifty-odd years serving the Dukes of Hell in one capacity or another. His pleasant nature and attractive appearance made him a valuable seducer and corruptor; his training in the ways of Sol Invictus, even if acquired merely by osmosis while growing up under their tutelage, made him a suitable spy and sometimes assassin. And his ability to conceal his true nature by Asmodeus' grace allowed him to escape the Zealot's purges. In the following years, under his leadership, multiple cults of Asmodeus sprung up; some thrived, some did not. Most eventually fell prey to the inquisition of Sol Invictus. Nowadays, Irazdur is a man on the run, wanted for desecration of one of Sol Invictus' cathedrals...

It was time again. The spring solstice was drawing close, and Irazdur was not one to miss opportunity. The still-young Aasimar spent substantial time in the theaters and operas of the port city he found himself in, making contacts with the wealthy and powerful. His looks and charm stood him in good stead; in the month or so between the first thaw and the night of the solstice, he enticed a number of highborn ladies into his bed, at the same time promoting adultery and betrayal of their wedding vows and learning of the social events and the gossip of town. This year's queen of the ball would likely be the daughter of the lord mayor; she was engaged to the son of the local cardinal, nephew of the duke of this district. A chance for the Asmodeans to obtain a hold on major players in Albion again. And, in honesty, a chance to have fun - the girl /was/ pretty, from what he had seen. Getting to know her proved a little more difficult, but Irazdur managed to pull some strings; he eventually found himself as personal spiritual advisor to the young lady, with a week to go before the ball. As the girl's priest, he administered the confessionals and provided an open ear for her concerns, sins and doubts; all knowledge he carefully stored away, while reassuring her... and guiding her down the path to devil worship.
On the evening of the Spring Solstice, Irazdur spent most of the celebration dancing with all the girls; he couldn't, without causing a scandal, claim the first dance with the young queen... but he could, as the evening drew on, steal her away for a conversation. What Irazdur hadn't bargained on - and discovered a little too late - was that the girl was a screamer... and when he had her bent over Sol Invictus' altar, sealing her pact with her virginal blood, she was howling her devotion to the Nine Hells along with her lust. It was his misfortune that a patrol of the city guard was outside the cathedral gates at the time, and came to investigate. They got an excellent look at both Irazdur and the girl before Irazdur escaped, leaping through the altar window and vanishing into the night. The Inquisition ruled the girl would be burned on the solstice fire, and declared Irazdur an outcast, unprotected by the laws of God and Man, for his crime. So far, no grass has grown over this matter...

Ebb

Bandita

As far a I can tell, good.  I'm guessing PD will want to get the show back on the road within a couple of days.  We'll see.

Pointless Digression

Say Andi:

The only other character detail I think we should work out is the circumstances in which your character came to the attention of the cult leader. Constantine Thorn is the Tyrant (essentially the Chosen One) of Asmodeus, a former court wizard in Albion and dedicated to an all consuming hatred. She's also been the one who manipulated events to gather together capable bands of villains into terrorist cells she calls her Circles. Her chief servant is a vindictive, sadistic old rogue named Merlin.

Now, given that your character is an inquisitor to the devil god, it seems easy enough to get him involved with the story: he's obligated to serve Thorn based on her status in his church. But I wanted to hear from you how you imagined your seductive aasimar came to the attention of these individuals?

Andi

How long has Constantine been serving Asmodeus? She may well have been working with him at some point in the past, and learned of his continued existence the most recent spring solstice. Not knowing the timeline of your game, that either allows her to bring him in close to the event, or she has been helping him escape to have reinforcements up her sleeve in case one of her knots needs additional help.

Bandita

Decades?  She's been pretty upset at the status quo for quite some time now.

Pointless Digression

About thirty years.

Thorne

That makes me wonder if she's been keeping tabs on Eztli ...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Andi

She almost certainly knows of (and quite probably knows personally) Irazdur, then. I think it's highly likely she bailed him out after that Solstice incident and has been keeping him in reserve for her plans. Now that one of her knots seems to be disintegrating, that reserve may well be necessary.

Pointless Digression

Alright, Andi, welcome aboard. You and Ebb should head over to the OOC thread.