This is War- [EX] Vampire/Werewolf [Interest Check]

Started by Mithlomwen, October 14, 2010, 03:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

Active recruitment for the game has stopped for the moment.

If you are still interested in participating, please do continue to post your interest in this thread so that we can keep track of who is interested and what character you are interested in playing, as there will likely be more openings for characters as we go along.

Also, just as a note, from this point on, we will most likely be looking for certain characters for the game. So unfortunately that means not everyone that shows interest will be accepted into the game, but please don't let that stop you from posting interest.

Nestled on a hill in the woods in the outlying area of Inverness Scotland, a Gothic castle stands out in stark contrast to the trees surrounding it.  The ancestral home for a pack of werewolves, they had lived and died there for countless centuries, under the rule of the Alpha.  It was the perfect place for such creatures, tucked in amongst the lore and legend of Loch Ness, no one would even notice a pack of werewolves living right under their noses for centuries.  Or so they thought...

There were rumors floating around that the humans had begun to become suspicious about the 'family'.  Word had gotten back to the pack that humans were starting to piece together different things of the family history, and were beginning to put two and two together, the suspicion that their was something quite different about the 'family' occupying Lochlomand castle. 

Now their semi peaceful existence is being threatened by the possibility of being discovered by the humans, and a turf war about to erupt along their borders.  A coven of vampires has moved into the area, their coven bordering the werwolf's territory.  They have moved in as close as they possibly can to the werewolf borders, but not so close as to encroach on their territory......yet.

The coven bent on killing the long standing Alpha of the werewolf pack, thereby, hopefully, throwing the pack into chaos, leaving the territory unguarded long enough to allow for them to then take over and making it their own. 

Not an easy task to be sure, but the elder vampire and coven leader is both wise and crafty and has formulated a plan to put things in motion to do just that.  The Alpha would die, and the territory would be theirs, it was only a matter of time.....

~ ~ ~ ~

Now for a bit about the actual game itself:

This is the first group game that I've ever thought about running, so please be patient with me while I learn the ins and outs of it all.  I will have help from a couple of  awesome people, so you won't be left to my ineptness alone.  *grin*

This will be a free form game (modern day setting), the story taking place from the view of the vampires and werewolves, and possibly the occasional human, or other mythical creatures. The vampires are scheming to kill the Alpha and then take over the werewolves' territory.  There is the possibility of much deliciousness for plot twists and turns, as well as wonderful interactions between the two groups ranging from fighting to lust filled encounters.  Romance, intrigue, drama, sex and violence are all wonderful possibilities. 

Please keep in mind that this is a game in which longer replies will be required.  There may be times that shorter replies are needed, but if you are prone to writing replies of  less than a paragraph, this probably isn't the game for you. 

Some other things to keep in mind.  There will be cross gender writers in this group, so anyone applying must be open to that.  No one will be forced to write with anyone, but since there will be that element involved, players should at least be comfortable with it.

The game will be taking place in the Extreme section of the boards to allow for what ever sort of interaction the writers want to have take place.  Not everything involved will be extreme in nature, and those story arcs containing extreme material will be labeled as such, but prospective players must be at least comfortable being in a game that will contain such elements.

The nature of this game will be very dark, thus the vampires will NOT be of the Twilight variety.  So anyone interested in playing a vampire will need to know that there will be no sparkly vampires allowed. The basic idea for the tone is similar to the Anita Blake novels. 

Also, there will be need at some points during the story for a few people to play multiple characters.  Not everyone will be required to do such, but it would be nice if a few people are open to doing so should the need arise. 

So if you are interested in playing you can  reply to this thread. :-)  In your reply please let me know the following information so that there will be a good mix of both characters and writers to maximize the fun for everyone (note: The role of the Alpha wolf and the Elder vampire leader are already taken since they are key roles in helping the story progress):

1.The type (vampire, werewolf, human, etc.) and sex of the character you are interested in playing
2.If you prefer the person writing in the scene with you to be the same sex as their character, or if you are okay with cross gender writing.
3.The sexual orientation of the character you would like to play.
4.If you are willing to play more than one character.

Once I have an idea of how many people are interested, and the number of different characters in the mix, I will then post up an OOC thread for character profiles and such, so no need for detailed character write ups at this point.  Just looking for the general idea of who and what before anything gets started.  :-)

Thanks for your interest!  Looking forward to writing with some of you!  ;D 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Kye

*jumps up and down and grins*

Alright, on a more serious note...

1.The type (vampire, werewolf, human, etc.) and sex of the character you are interested in playing
Not sure as of yet, I'm already talking to you about this on IM and will update this when I make a decision  ;)
2.If you prefer the person writing in the scene with you to be the same sex as their character, or if you are okay with cross gender writing.
Cross-gender writing is just fine with me!
Bisexual
I'd be happy to play more than one character if it's needed.

This sounds like lots of fun, can't wait to see who else ends up joining!

Falanor

I'm game!

1: I'm up for at least a wolf, if not both a wolf and a vamp.
2: I'm okay with the gender thing with one caveat.  If a male playing a female tries to be a Domme to me it really doesn't work for me.
3: Hetro, for now.
4: I'm willing to play more than one character.

Malrunar

Me three! Or wait... four.

1: Vampire (Male) and Human (Female)
2: I am perfectly content with the gender mixture. Doesn't bother me at all! (See, I'm doing it as well!)
3: The vampire male I have in mind would be straight, the female would possibly be bisexual. (Though maybe not by her own personal preference.)
4: I'm thinking about playing multiple characters as well! (Two!)

Edited!

master

1.The type (vampire, werewolf, human, etc.) and sex of the character you are interested in playing I would prefer to play a werewolf but if needed could also play a vampire.
2.If you prefer the person writing in the scene with you to be the same sex as their character, or if you are okay with cross gender writing. As long as the player is good at playing the opposite sex it doesn't bother me at all.
3.The sexual orientation of the character you would like to play. Heterosexual.
4.If you are willing to play more than one character. I would if it was necessary but I’d prefer to focus all of my attention on one character.

Remiel

I'm certainly interested, Mith.  It would just be a question of whether I had the time to commit to this.  Assuming I do, however:

1.  Prefences -- Human, then werewolf, then vampire
2. Cross Gender?  No worries there.
3. Sexual Orientation?  Mostly Straight.  Bi-curious?
4. Willing to Play Multiple Characters?  Once again, if I have time, not a problem.

Dahling

I'm particularly interested. ^^

1. Werewolf or Vampire, whichever role is needed to be filled at the end of casting.
2. Anyone's fine, even if it's a monkey bangin' out art. ;)
3. Straight, with bisexual leaning. (To be developed within play)
4. Sure am!

Lady Reign

Yummy is all I can say.

Female human.

Cross Gender is fine.

Heterosexual.

Not at the moment, no.

Kendal

Well this sounds like too much fun to pass up!

1.The type (vampire, werewolf, human, etc.) and sex of the character you are interested in playing.
I’d prefer to play a human, either gender, I seem to have a thing for playing rather mundane species. Although in a pinch I’m pretty sure I could make a convincingly devious vampire.

2.If you prefer the person writing in the scene with you to be the same sex as their
character, or if you are okay with cross gender writing.

I’m perfectly fine with the whole cross gender deal.

If a male character, hetero, if a female character, bisexual.

Time willing I’d be able to take on another role if needed.
"What am I? A fair amount of trial, a great deal of error and of course... A little Resolve."

HockeyGod

Um...I don't even have to think about it...yes...da...ya...si...oui...I'm there.

1.The type (vampire, werewolf, human, etc.) and sex of the character you are interested in playing.
I think I prefer a werewolf, but I need to think on this one. If werewolf I tend to like the alpha type. Vampire might be interesting too. I have a current werewolf game...though I'm the human *winks at Mith*. I ended my vampire game where I was the vampire. I do miss that. Oh choices...so tough.

Oooo, I lurves me some womens writers. I gots no issues either way. I also like some straight men to deflower. Done it 4 times in E so far.  >:) No pressures  ::)

Gayer than cheese pizza please.

Hmmm...I think I would be down the line. I wouldn't mind playing a victim - like dying not changing.

Ryven

Is it possible for me to maybe join later on?  I can't swing another game at the moment, but I would love to come in later.

Mithlomwen

Absolutely Ryven.  :-) 

And wow!  Thanks for all of the interest so far everyone.  I hope this ends up being a lot of fun!  ;D 
Baby, it's all I know,

Ryven

Strike that.  Having looked at my active roleplays, I think I can swing it, so...

1.  Human
2.  Having written with both men and women writers, it makes no never mind to me.
3.  Gay as a football bat
4.  I don't like playing more than one character, so I'll stick to one.

Nim

I would love to play if you still have room for one more.

That's a hard call to make but I would be up for any of the three.  I play both male and female characters so I'm game for what ever is needed.

I have no problems at all with cross gender writing.

lately both my male and female characters have all been Bisexual

I can and will if needed take on more than one character. 

Amberghylles

I'm flexible, I've got vampire and werewolf characters both...  really not sure what I want to play yet.

I am fine with this, I do it myself.

Bisexual

I would be fine with playing some extras in addition to my main character.

Omniferious

I would prefer to play a male character of any race. Werewolf would be interesting, have not really delved into that before.

I have no problem with cross gender writing.

Heterosexual.

Totally willing to play multiple characters.

Marikir

Human Male or Human Female if needed.  I would prefer to start as Human.  Could be converted to either camp/breed if it fits the story and/or can happen, of course.

Don't care

Omni.

Yep.  Just let me know which or what you might need.

bubby

1: I'm interested in playing a vampire. Knowing it's more Anita Blake based is PERFECT, as I've read every one of the books!

2: Gender makes no dif to me, as long as the writer can come across correctly. I've played males myself before.

3: Hetero only.

4: I need to stick to playing just one char. I'm old, get confused easy. Muwaha

I'd LOVE to be part of this!!! It's right up my alley, and could be very exciting!!

Emmaline

I'm so there.

Werewolf female

Don't care

Hetero open to possibilities.

Mostly one, but I can do shorter cameo appearances of others if need be.

Mr Self Destruct

Male Werewolf!
Cross-gender writing is just fine with me!
Hetero baby!
Sure thing!  Just let me know what we need.

When can we start working up profiles and such?

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Dark Clown on October 15, 2010, 01:47:52 PM
When can we start working up profiles and such?

You can start working on them now.  :-)
Baby, it's all I know,

Dark Deception

Human (male) - Hunter
It's inevitable in all role plays so...I don't mind.
Heterosexual
If my character dies, then yes. I am okay with character death as long as it has happened IC, and the death was logical. People are free to do whatever horrible things to this character just mind my O/Os. If you need to PM me to make sure if a certain thing is okay, feel free.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Mithlomwen

Right now we have enough humans, so anyone interested will need to either play a vampire or a werewolf. 

We're getting pretty full, so we might only be taking a couple of more players for the moment, to start off with anyway.  Once things get under way we'll probably open it back up for more. 

Also at this point, if you post your interest, please wait to post your character profile until receiving a PM from either myself, Falanor or Kyrsa.  We're working to try and keep the numbers as even as possible.   

Thanks!
Baby, it's all I know,

Akhanu

Hello all.
I can see time is running fast and out. So here lies my interest in this game and the relevant information asked for it.

- Male Vampire.

- Cross-gender is not a problem.

- Hetero is what gets me going.

- I think it is best that I focus on one character. I am not very good at multi-charactering into the same game and avoiding them not being mind-linked.
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

desert ashes

::Waves her hand!::  If there's room, I would love to join. 

1. Vampire (female), possibly werewolf (male or female) depending on their set up.

2. Cross-gender is just fine with me.

3. Bisexual. 

4. More than open to playing multiple characters!
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes