Desire and Dreams from Kingdom of Volt, Boys against Girls (Pathfinder, PvP)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 09, 2014, 06:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ershin

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 14, 2014, 11:37:26 AM
(however feel free abuse leadership slot to get crafter cohort).
I was originally a bit uncomfortable taking the Leadership and Stronghold feats, but since it was supposed to be for the feel of strongholds being assaulted it was... sort of okay. Though if it's actively being suggested to make crafter gimps for cohorts then I'm just going to drop. It's just not a level of cheese I'm particularly comfortable with.
Thank you for the opportunity to make a character up to this point though, and for offering to help plan out my stronghold.

To all those who end up playing, have fun. :)

Ghostwheel

I honestly felt the same way. While I'd be okay with Leadership to populate a fort and for administrative tasks of the fort, using one in order to beef up your main character (via crafting) or effectively play two characters when being assaulted by another player (especially if they don't have Leadership) feels a bit too cheesy for my taste as well.

Think I'll take my leave too. Hope y'all enjoy the game!

Kaliatas

Quote from: Re Z L on September 14, 2014, 12:50:05 PM

And you seem to have plenty of options to convince people that you're right from looking at your spell list  ;D

Oh definitely. Yysara has no problems soothing away unwanted feelings in those around her and she is always looking for more "Allies".

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ershin on September 14, 2014, 01:35:15 PM
I was originally a bit uncomfortable taking the Leadership and Stronghold feats, but since it was supposed to be for the feel of strongholds being assaulted it was... sort of okay. Though if it's actively being suggested to make crafter gimps for cohorts then I'm just going to drop. It's just not a level of cheese I'm particularly comfortable with.
Thank you for the opportunity to make a character up to this point though, and for offering to help plan out my stronghold.

To all those who end up playing, have fun. :)

Quote from: Ghostwheel on September 14, 2014, 01:42:40 PM
I honestly felt the same way. While I'd be okay with Leadership to populate a fort and for administrative tasks of the fort, using one in order to beef up your main character (via crafting) or effectively play two characters when being assaulted by another player (especially if they don't have Leadership) feels a bit too cheesy for my taste as well.

Think I'll take my leave too. Hope y'all enjoy the game!

Well, if you feel using crafter cohorts breaks your interest in game I am in all favor ban such shenanigans, it's not game breaker for me (some players have picked crafting feats so they get to craft their stuff but it's with expense that they get less combat or other feats).

Ershin

Nah, don't ban anything on my behalf. If people have fun when doing so it's not my place to stop them doing it. Just because I'm not into something doesn't mean I'm going to stop other people who are.

Zaer Darkwail

Nah, I mentioned it as I assumed folks were okay with it but if they are not I will drop it. I do kind agree it's bit cheesy use cohort for crafting and most games do ban that shenanigan anyways. So do not feel bad about it and just enjoy the game :). I am still working on details on your stronghold (just need know where you want place it).

Truth told no one has made crafter cohort as so far, I just mentioned it as option (a short idea). It may be possible folks had not thought use them as they find them unfair also.

Kaliatas

Banning things doesn't bother me at all, I'd much rather have people :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kaliatas on September 14, 2014, 02:34:09 PM
Banning things doesn't bother me at all, I'd much rather have people :)

Same here, some discussion in PM's going between Ghostwheel and Ershin which may bring some changes to leadership feat.

avorae

I am debating if I want to take leadership and the landlord feat. Though it would be nice to have a Amazonian horde to lead.

Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 14, 2014, 12:48:12 PM
A lawful good paladin working in Kingdom of Volt? A self-righteous paladin who goes hunt a evil female sorceress :P. Bit far fetch unless said paladin has wisdom as dump stat and has 0 ranks in K:religion not know what 'Asmodeus' is.

Although there was some serious discussion about a LG paladin of Asmodeus (yes, a good aligned paladin of Asmodeus) in some forums and idea how it can work. As Asmodeus religion and doghma is strongly lawful aligned than evil.

Or we can dump the alignment chart and use an MTG style color wheel.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, some changes for leadership and landlord feats folks so listen up (this edit goes on first page soon);

Landlord no longer needs leadership as prerequisite, but you do get soldiers to manage the keep (based on how much space you have build for keep's or fortress barracks). However the soldiers are not 100% loyal and may at best be strangers or mercenaries and are easier to be infiltrated as everyone does not know everyone that well. You cannot use keep forces to attack or move them onto battlefield; they are strictly guard duty only and patrol near area around the castle or the border if castle is 'border front line' castle or such.

Leadership feat gives cohort and followers but they have only NPC classes, everyone of them. Cohorts get heroic NPC wealth and same stat point buy as PC's do, where as followers use standard NPC array and basic NPC wealth. No crafting feats allowed neither followers nor cohort (but can have craft skill points naturally). But you do not need have Landlord to get a army (nor gives any penalty being mobile with them) but you lack protection of a fortress then against invasion forces.

Any folks having problems with above? I was told even 10th level NPC classed warrior can give tough time for 12th level PC if build properly (and thus function as bodyguard for those who want them as such role or kick out rift raft). Prestige classes are allowed for cohorts if they qualify for them through NPC class (and adepts are allowed).

Kaliatas

Sounds good to me. I just changed my cohort from fighter to warrior so she should be much more reasonable in a fight.

MrBubbles

Zaer! I'm looking to make a male character but before I get started on the mechanics, I was wondering if it was possible to use the ravenous template which they acquire at some point in their adventures. Is it disallowed entirely, or should it be treated as an LA+1?

Kaliatas

Okay, here is what I have for her stronghold. Sorry about it being hand drawn, I might make a digital version now that I have something to use as a guide. Please forgive any missing doors or that random box I forgot was there out in the field.

Also 3rd floor turret is what is above each corner of the castle, not just the upper left.

Magic items and custom detail will follow, but for now I figured I'd toss this out.

First Floor
http://i.imgur.com/aSUWNGw.jpg?1
Second and Third Floors
http://i.imgur.com/wmkrRyB.jpg?1

Map Guide. Get ready for text!

Free Standing Walls: 30ft Tall Masonry
Interior Walls: Living Wood
Exterior Walls: Masonry

1.Barracks - This open room contains up to ten simple wooden beds with straw mattresses. A small foot locker sits at the end of each bed for personal belongings. This component includes a privy, though it need not be attached or adjacent to the barracks itself. A barracks can hold ten people (usually guards or soldiers).

2.Bedrooms, Fancy - This area contains two smaller bedrooms with a connecting door. Each room has a bed that rests on a handsome frame and includes a mattress made of cotton batting. The sheets are of fine cotton, and the blankets are wool.  Each room has a finely carved bureau and a handsome wardrobe. A bell rests on a bed stand next to each bed so that the occupants can easily call for the servants. In addition, there’s an upholstered bench and a small writing desk.

3.Servants’ Quarters - These are basic, no-nonsense living quarters. Six slots exist in each such component, separated by thin walls that give the occupants some small semblance of privacy. Each slot has enough room for a bed, a chest of drawers with a small mirror atop it, a small table, and a chair. The furnishing and flooring are all rough but serviceable. Personal decorations hang from the walls.

4.Courtyard, Fancy - This courtyard features some grass, but the paths are paved with cobblestones or bricks. Wrought-iron benches are placed strategically throughout the place, and a simple fountain sits in the center of the area, surrounded by paving stones as well. A bust or two stand on pedestals in strategic locations

5.Kitchen, Fancy - This well-appointed kitchen features an iron stove, complete with cooking griddle on top and oven beneath, and cast-iron cookware. The scullery keeps cleaning solutions in addition to other supplies. The flooring is often of polished wood or rough tile. Good food fills the well-stocked pantry.  Meals for up to 30 can be made in this place, but it requires a staff of at least two to run properly. If you need a greater capacity, purchase this kitchen multiple times. Profession (cook) checks made within this kitchen receive a +2 circumstance bonus.

6.Dining Hall, Fancy - This upscale version of the standard dining hall includes finely made tables surrounded with chairs instead of benches. The fireplace usually dominates the center of the room, the smoke drawn into a stony hood that goes into the ceiling. This provides a more even distribution of heat (and more equitable comfort level) in the room.  The mural-covered walls depict local legends or the pantheon of deities respected by the owner. The floor is made of fine flagstones or polished wood. This seats 30 people comfortably. Purchase this component multiple times if you want a larger dining hall. One servant brings food and removes empty dishes

7.Storage, Fancy - This room includes shelves of every variety and a finished floor. The superior organization allows more efficient use of space than a basic storage component, so this space has about 3,000 cubic feet of usable storage space.

8.Bath, Fancy - A step up from the basic bathroom, this bathroom comes complete with a large tub, a chamber pot under a chair, and a means of disposing of the contents of the chamber pot easily. This can take the form of a chute to an underground disposal area, an open window over a gutter, or whatever you like. A fireplace allows you to heat water for baths. A cabinet holds plenty of towels, and a dressing screen separates part of the room for privacy. Padded, upholstered benches allow comfortable seating. One corner holds a mirror and array of brushes and other grooming devices.

9.Guard Posts - This component allows guards to keep watch upon the surrounding environs. If part of the exterior wall, it includes free arrow slits instead of a window.
The guard posts upon the wall are actually 30ft towers. Each is fitted with a ballista.

10.Prison Block (Masterwork Manacles, Reinforced doors, Reinforced Masonry Walls) -  This cell includes iron shackles on the walls and hay mattresses strewn about. You can shackle up to six Medium-size prisoners in a communal cell. Alternatively, you can replace the communal cell with independent jail cells. In this arrangement, each prison cell component includes two to four small cells each capable of holding one or two Medium-size creatures. You can get by with a single guard per two adjoining prison cell components. The standard prison cell comes with six sets of manacles capable of binding a Medium-size creature.To slip free of manacles, a char Sample Prison Cells acter must make an Escape Artist check (DC 30 or DC 35 for masterwork manacles). To break free requires a Strength check (DC 26 or DC 28 for masterwork manacles). Manacles have a hardness of 10 and 10 hit points. A Small creature takes up half the space in a prison cell as a Medium-size creature. Manacles for Small creatures cost the same as for Medium-size creatures. Tiny and smaller creatures take up one-fourth the space, and their manacles cost 10 times normal. A Large creature takes up twice the space of a Medium-size creature, and a Huge creature four times the space. Manacles for Large creatures cost ten times the normal amount, and 100 times the normal amount for Huge creatures. Generally, you can’t keep Gargantuan or larger creatures in a simple prison cell, though by buying enough components you could get a large enough space. They require specially made manacles, which cost as much as 1,000 times the normal cost.

11.Dining Hall, Basic (x2) - Long, rough, rectangular tables and benches line this main hall, both at the edges and in the middle. A fireplace sits at one end of the place, providing warmth for all. The walls of such a place are often decorated with hanging weapons, animal heads, and the like. The floor is usually either made of worn wood or rough stone. This seats 30 people comfortably.

12. Armory, Basic - Racks of armor and weapons fill this simple room, which has enough space to hold equipment for 25 soldiers

13.Tavern, Fancy + Auditorium, Fancy - In Yysara’s castle, these two are combined for into a large drinking area that has a stage dead center where talented musicians or bold amateurs come to play and receive tips or possibly sponsorship. This place serves wine as well as liquor and beer from its polished, marble-topped bar. It can call on the stronghold’s kitchen for food; alternatively, you can attach an extra kitchen assigned purely to this component. The tables are round, with solid chairs, and there are a few booths lining the walls. Three servants (Com1; Profession [bartender] +5) run the bar and serve meals. While any great hall can be used for performances, an auditorium is a space designed with acoustics and artistic appreciation in mind. Perform skill checks in this space receive a +2 circumstance bonus. Up to 30 people can fit in here for a service. If you need a greater capacity, purchase this component multiple times.

14.Common Area, Fancy - This room features polished stone or wood floors with comfortable benches. The walls bear impressive murals and sound-dampening curtains. It might serve as a waiting room, a general meeting area, or an all-purpose room

15.General Marketplace - Each of these sections houses various merchants, craftsmen, and other such vendors. People are free to come and sell their wares so long as they first receive permission from the lady Yysara. The market is almost always busy, Yysara having a fondness for skill crafts and beautiful creations.

16.Study/Office, Luxury (x2) - This room represents the ultimate in office luxury. A well-appointed waiting room features an exquisite couch and a polished wooden desk, behind which sits a full-time clerk versed in making life as easy for the owner as possible. The main office features another stuffed couch and a set of comfortable chairs arrayed around a marbletopped desk. The walls are covered with fine art, including a portrait of the owner of the stronghold and any family he might have.

17.Stable, Fancy (x2)- This stable has hay on the floor, but the ground is either wood or stone. The stables are lined with fresh hay, and each horse has access to its own water supply. The troughs are all made of stone, and there’s even a small fireplace in here to keep things warm in the winter. A stable requires the employment of a groom (Com1; Handle Animal +5). This place can hold up to six Large steeds at a time, each in their own stall.

18.Bedroom, Luxury - This area contains two smaller bedrooms with a connecting door. No expenses were spared in building or furnishing this space. Each room features a marbletopped bureau and a gorgeous wardrobe. The fourposter bed is made of the finest wood hung with the wispiest of linens, and the mattress and the blankets are stuffed with feathers. The sheets are silk. A stuffed chair sits in one corner. In another, a finely polished and fully stocked writing desk waits to be used. The walls are adorned with fine art, often of people in positions of repose. Sometimes they feature dreamy scenes filled with pleasant nymphs or other fantastic or heavenly scenes. This component includes a privy, though it need not be attached or adjacent to the bedroom component itself. The luxuriousness of the room requires a single valet, who can be called with any of the bells positioned around the rooms

19.Bath, Luxury - The ultimate in bathing luxury, this room features a tub large enough for two or three people to bathe in, plus a large fireplace for heating both the room and the water necessary for a warm bath. Two chamber pots with padded and upholstered leather chairs are here. Servants empty these on a regular basis. An intricately carved cabinet holds a variety of thick towels, and a handsome wardrobe full of fine dressing gowns stands nearby. A gilt-framed, three-fold, fulllength mirror takes up one corner, and another mirror sits above a gorgeous, polished grooming desk. The screen in this bathroom features intricately carved woods and the finest silks. Fine stuffed chairs are scattered about the place. The dressing table features three gilt-framed mirrors and the finest in grooming products, including aromatic perfumes, gilt-handled brushes, and so on. The walls are adorned with fine art, often of people bathing in large bath houses, in a river or lake, or at a beach. A servant keeps the luxury bath clean, and a valet assists the bathers.

20.Library, Luxury - Floor-to-ceiling glass-fronted cabinets with top-hinged doors keep the books here in pristine condition. The ladders slide along on wheels and rails for both safety and convenience. The marble floor has symbols inlaid that denote the section of the library in which you stand. The library includes two private study carrels and a number of smaller tables. A single large table allows a researcher more space to spread out texts or large maps. A full-time librarian (Exp1, Profession [librarian] +7, Knowledge [any] +5) working near the entrance maintains a card catalog that indexes the entire library. This index cuts any research time here by 50%. In addition to the typical librarian, you can employ one or more sages (Knowledge [any] +7) to provide assistance with Knowledge skill checks. This library can hold up to six different lots of books on specific subjects. For example, it could contain books on religion, general knowledge, the planes, arcana, nature, and history.

21.Magic Laboratory, Fancy - Similar but superior to the basic magic laboratory, this room has every tool the aspiring meddler in magic might need at his ready disposal. The walls of this place are covered with blackboards upon which all sorts of arcane or obscure notes can be scrawled. The rough tile floor allows easy cleaning while also preventing slips and falls. Four basins are in the place, each of which has a barrel of water suspended over it, complete with a tap to permit easy access. An emergency barrel mounted on a hinged platform can be tilted to pour water over a person in case of an emergency. A single spellcaster using this laboratory and having its resources all to himself receives a +4 circumstance bonus on Spellcraft checks made to determine whether a new spell is viable (including assistance from the apprentice spellcaster). Alternatively, up to four spellcasters can share this space at the same time and gain a +2 circumstance bonus on such checks. An apprentice spellcaster (Clr1, Drd1, Sor1, or Wiz1; Spellcraft +5) is on hand to assist others.

22.Storage, Luxury - This marble-floored room includes well-built shelves and fine-quality cabinets. An overstuffed chair in the center allows you to sit in comfort while the clerk or other servants retrieve desired goods. The clerk here serves as a quartermaster and inventory manager. The area has about 3,000 cubic feet of usable storage space. If you need a greater capacity, you can purchase this component multiple times. You can turn a storage space into a vault with the addition of safeguards such as watchmen, strong walls, traps, locks, and wondrous architecture.

23.Throne Room, Luxury - Affordable only to the most puissant of emperors, queens, and absolute monarchs, this, the finest of assembly rooms, displays the ruler’s wealth, power, and dispensation for the sweet comforts in life. This chamber spares no expense in impressing the visitor, whether visiting ambassador, merchant with goods for sale, or the simplest commoner. The walls display a splash of colors that depict complementary themes of blue skies, splashing white-tipped and wave-filled oceans, white birds awing, and fish jumping into the air. Sparkling gems and precious metals adorn the enormous throne. Raised up on a dozen pink marble steps, the throne and its occupant gaze out on the chamber like an omnipotent ruler. When using this area for negotiations and discussions, the lord of this chamber receives a +4 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks. This room holds up to thirty guests in addition to the throne’s occupant. Purchase this space multiple times for a larger area

Xerial

My cohort was selected not to be a bodyguard, or anything more than for flavor, given that Casimir is not the type to let others do the work for him when it comes to a fight. With the current restriction I imagine she'd be outright shot down as one, which sours me on wanting to even take Leadership and changes a large element of his reputation.

MrBubbles

Well damn, now I'm at an impasse.

Do I make a big ole raging Fighter (Viking) with STR and attack out the wazoo...

... Or do I make a giant eagle-riding Cavalier built to tirelessly pursue single-targets and neutralize them for the powers that be? The former would probably be more fun to make and less of a headache, but I can see the other being a pretty cool guy to RP (this guy's in the girl abduction business, and business is good.)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Xerial on September 14, 2014, 08:17:35 PM
My cohort was selected not to be a bodyguard, or anything more than for flavor, given that Casimir is not the type to let others do the work for him when it comes to a fight. With the current restriction I imagine she'd be outright shot down as one, which sours me on wanting to even take Leadership and changes a large element of his reputation.

You can still use the event, I could make her as NPC but a one which pops in and out (as have send dragon wandering and such).

MrBubbles

Gerakis is more or less complete! Now it's just an issue with writing up a Description and list of mighty deeds for this hulk...

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good, would like also details about the Reaver race origins.

Re Z L

A&A

MrBubbles

Zaer Darkwail

Get magic item which blocks rays (I am sure there is spell, like glober of invulrenabillity; lesser which would allow block it plus spells 3th level or lower). Also it does not stack so having high enough Str so that even if foe maximize and empowers it, it would not stop you. Or simply increase touch AC or get miss chance (like displacement) against it. Or mirror image item.

ShadowFox89

I'll be able to work on my character on Thursday after work, the beginning and end of the week are always crazy for me.
Call me Shadow
My A/A