Shadowrun: The Augur [M lf F, Plot-Heavy]

Started by TheVillain, July 10, 2014, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

Good Morning, Sixth World. It's July the 10th, 2077 and this is your daily Augury. I am your host, the Augur. Augur is good and wise, respect the Augur. Data surfing on the 'Trix is tricky business with the Black ICE the Megacorps throw at you but so far the Augur has always proven to be just a little better. Am I using magic? Am I a technomancer? Maybe I'm just that good of a Decker - I'm not telling either way.

Lonestar databases reveal that the Emerald City Ripper case is officially considered closed, the psycho with a bullet in his brain. The reason they aren't telling you this is because the killer had actually managed to pass as a hospital admin for months before finally being caught - by a runner now less.

This latest tidbit comes at a bit of a shock to me as one of the fatcats actually seems to have been doing something right for a change. A Telestrain Industries insider revealed that they've been developing ant-Spirit weapons technology, for those jobs when the Ghostbusters just aren't good enough. Don't get too carried away with the love, emails show he's doing it mostly to save his own skin but there does seem to be a big threat coming and if he happens to save my ass while he saves his own I'm down with that.

Finally, grumbling coming from the Flux State of Berlin suggest that Dragons are a hot button issue over there right now. More on that as I find out why.

Quote from: The AugurWith the return of Magic in 2012, so came the return of the Races thought to be only fantasy. Elves and Dwarves would be born once more, people turning into Orcs - Technology advanced faster then ever but with Magic determined to catch up. The megacorporations of course found ways to profit and now 10 megacorporations control pretty much 95% of all the world's economic power. The poor got poorer while the rich got insanely rich.

Heian Nailo is an elf, born with a rare genetic disorder that rendered his optic nerves and optical cortex mostly dead tissue. Add to that the fact that he was one of the poor multitudes with wage slaves for parents and he's one of the view people in the sixth world that is completely, uncurably blind. At least, in the physical world. Thanks to certain cybernetic enhancements his other senses can pick up the slack - and with them the discovery that in cyberspace he "sees" the code in a way nobody else can.

In the physical world he's blind, but in cyberspace "The Augur" has a reputation for seeing all. Considered one of the sixth world's best deckers and riggers, the Augur always knew that his freelance lifestyle would put him on a collision course with the goals of a megacorp sooner or later - but he had no idea how...

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.