News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

Quote from: Sabby on March 29, 2015, 03:47:31 PM
Stuffed wings and bacon wrapped ribs.

Breaking your dick is when you see something so fucking great you get an erection fast enough to sprain your penis.

Oh....that is so funny. I love it. Ah those wings look awesome.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Sabby

I just tested that stew I linked. Damn, good thing I bought double ingredients, because a second batch will follow it. I was going to take a picture, but... it's really nothing to show off, visually. It's just a bowl of light brown soup. I wasn't trying to make it pretty, I wanted it tender, flavourful and thick.

Fuck me did I succeed.

Autumn52

MMMM stew..... I love stew. I might try to make some too.

Hugs and thanks for sharing.

Yay
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Sabby

My suggestion, double the french onion and water the recipe says, and don't use the water/flour thickening method. Just ladle the soup (both liquid and whole ingredients) after it's cooked into a blender with thickened cream and blend it. Pour it back into the soup and then keep blending more until it's thick enough for you.

Or, a technique I haven't tried yet, toss in some instant potato mash flakes. Apparently that's a great way to thicken soups.

Serephino

Chicken Cacciatore

3-4 chicken breasts
1tsp pepper
1/2c olive oil
15oz can diced tomatoes drained
2tbsp red wine
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
1tsp garlic
1/2tsp marjoram
1/2tsp oregano

Mix ingredients together.  Put in a plastic baggie with chicken to marinate overnight.  Put chicken and tomato mixture in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 50-55 mins.

Autumn52

Yummy, that sounds awesome. I can't wait to try it.

Thanks Sabby... I will take your advice on the recipe. It sounds delicious.

HUGS

Autumn52

Tonight's dinner is chili beans and cornbread with butter.

I will put in recipe if it comes out good.

What is anyone else having? I need ideas to try.......

Need quick and easy somethings. I am moving this week and weekend so stuff that is easy is a must.

Sabby

After an absolute failure that left my house filled with black smoke, my pot unsalvagable and half my hand seriously burnt, I'm having another try at confectionery.

http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/06/salted-caramel-and-chocolate-pecan-pie-bars.html

Oh, we're not using pecans. This calls for BACON.

Don't even try and lie, you want this in you.

Sabby

Thought better of it, just trying a simple chocolate layer mudcake with salted caramel and candied bacon. Here's the recipe I'm more or less simplifying, but I'm using the same candied bacon.

http://korenainthekitchen.com/2013/05/05/chocolate-caramel-bacon-insanity-cake/

Autumn52

That cake looks sinful. *bits bottom lip trying to distract self from staring at pretty cake*

Autumn52

I am about to try these, Home made Fried Dill Pickle Slices.

Quote from: Jagerin on April 28, 2015, 04:31:54 PM
They are easy to make.

1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup of water

Heat Oil. Pat dry your pickles (I prefer chips, but some people use wedges). Mix dry ingredients together. Add water and whisk till smooth. Dredge pickles in batter and let excess drip off a little before putting in hot oil. For chips, it takes about 1-3 minutes. For wedges, about 3-5 minutes. Set on cooling rack on baking sheet to drain and cool.

For dipping, I make a mixture of Mayo, horseradish sauce, ketchup, and a little generic cajun seasoning all whisked together and chilled.

I will let you know how they come out.

Wish me luck.

Edit for update:

Okay so I made the friend pickles. I learned a few things in the process. There is no way that you can oven fry them. The pickles are to moist in nature for that. They must be pan fried or deep fried. I also learned that the oil needs to be around 360 to 375 when you begin to put the pickles in so that the temperature does not drop to much and they become oily. Now with that said here is my recipe:

The batter I made was simple:
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. creole or cajun seasonings (I used Tony Chachere's)
1/2 cup water
Whisk together. The batter is thick. Everything else I did was pretty much what Jag had suggested in their recipe.

Fried the pickles and lightly salted them right out of the oil.

Also don't get cheap thin sliced pickles. Get the thicker sliced dill pickles. The thin ones are overshadowed by the batter if you use those. I did not get a picture of the finished product because they were eaten straight away. They were that good. YUM. I also served them with homemade ranch dip. We like ranch for dipping but you can try whatever type of dip you prefer.

Enjoy trying this recipe.

Autumn52

I haven't made the other fried veggies but yesterday I did make home made Chile Rellenos with fresh from scratch refried beans and spanish rice.

The meal was a complete success. I will be making a few adjustments to my recipe for next time but all in all it was awesome.

Hugs for all.

Autumn52

Okay so yesterday I made some dough that I use several different ways. I have used it for cinnamon rolls in the past but this time I used half of the dough and made Crescent Rolls and Sticky Buns.

Here is the pictures:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This is the dough before shaping it:

Before                                                                                        After

Sticky Buns:
Before:                                                                                               After:

I love this dough recipe because it makes a lot and you put it in the refrigerator for 8 hours before you can do anything to it. Then you can do small bits at a time and it stay good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I like being able to make 6 rolls for dinner or make cinnamon rolls or even use the dough to make fried pies on baked. It is so versatile and it taste sooooo good. This is my newest obsession. However I still can not get a coconut creme cake off my mind so sometime soon I know I will be baking that.

Sabby, did you make the cake with the candied bacon? If so, how did it turn out?

Hugs for all that want them. *Hugs*

Sabby

The cake itself was okay, though fell apart too easily. The bacon though... ffff. We just bought more bacon to make that on it's own. If you guys are ever having a party or something and you can afford to, candied bacon chips are the greatest thing ever, especially if you can get a strip that is equal parts fat and meat.

Autumn52

Quote from: Sabby on May 14, 2015, 10:13:32 AM
The cake itself was okay, though fell apart too easily. The bacon though... ffff. We just bought more bacon to make that on it's own. If you guys are ever having a party or something and you can afford to, candied bacon chips are the greatest thing ever, especially if you can get a strip that is equal parts fat and meat.

That sounds sooo good. I will for sure be trying it. I have never candied bacon before but I have seen it done and want to try it myself.

Thanks. *hugs*

Sabby

The advice I'd offer is to use a sifter or something to evenly layer the brown sugar. The recipe says to press it thickly on top, but we found this took way too long and was too fiddly/messy. It's worth the wasted sugar that hits the foil under the rack to just sprinkle a few layers over the whole thing quickly.

Serephino

Country Meatloaf

1lb ground beef
2 eggs
.5oz can evaporated milk
1/2tsp ground sage
1/2tsp pepper
1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1c bread crumbs
diced onion
1pkg bacon bits
2/3c ketchup
1/2c brown sugar

Mix all but ketchup and brown sugar.  Press into a square baking pan.  Mix ketchup and brown sugar, and spread it on top.  Bake at 350 for 60 mins.

Autumn52

That meatloaf sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing. *offers hugs*

Today I made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, here is the results:

They are pretty good. I think if I make them again I will use milk chocolate chips instead of semi sweet, I was hoping for a reeses peanut butter cup taste and I didn't achieve that flavor. But there is always a next time. Experimenting with recipes is a hobby and I just love it. Thank you for visiting the recipe thread and I am hoping to get together with Des and do another mock radio show. Have a happy memorial day weekend. HUGS for those who want them.

Serephino

Peach Pork Chops

4-6 boneless pork chops
1 jar peach jam
1/4c red wine vinegar
1/2tsp thyme
1tsp dijon mustard

Melt jam in sauce pan.  Mix on other ingredients.  Pour sauce over chops in baking dish and bake.

Autumn52

Quote from: Serephino on June 05, 2015, 03:46:57 PM
Peach Pork Chops

4-6 boneless pork chops
1 jar peach jam
1/4c red wine vinegar
1/2tsp thyme
1tsp dijon mustard

Melt jam in sauce pan.  Mix on other ingredients.  Pour sauce over chops in baking dish and bake.

That sounds delicious. Do you brown the chops first?

Serephino

Autumn52

That sounds easy enough. Thanks I have been looking for some new pork recipes with a sweet and savory element and that fits the bill. Thanks again.

Sabby

2 and half kilos of chicken legs
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 cans of cream of mushroom and chicken soup
8 small red potatoes
Crushed garlic
Frozen peas and corn
4 large onions

Trying to make some winter soup on a tighter budget. Slow cooking the chicken and potato for 4 hours in the tomatoes and soup and two empty soup cans worth of water. Adding the frozen vegetables after that, cook for another 4 hours. Fry the onions in butter and garlic until it caramelizes. Blend the onion with some of the cooked chicken, potato, peas and corn, blend in more of the liquid until you have a thick slurry to add back into the soup and thicken it while incorporating the ingredients into the liquid.

Serephino

Chili Lime Chicken

2-3 chicken breasts
1 1/3c greek yogurt
8tbsp mayo
4tbsp lime juice
1tsp chipoltle chili powder
2tsp garlic

Mix sauce ingredients.  Pour over chicken in baking dish and bake.

Sabby

I finally perfected it.

2-3 kilos chicken legs laid in crock pot.
4 large cream potatoes cut into thick chunks and placed over chicken.
3 packets of chicken noodle simmer soup (the packet should say that each makes a litre) made in 6 cups of boiling water poured over it.

Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn to low for another 6 hours.

Pull out the chicken legs, set them aside to cool. Shred the meat from the bones, add back into the pot with frozen peas and corn, as much as you like really, and two cans of coconut cream. Cook for another 2 hours on low. Cut 2 large brown onions into slices, fry in butter on medium and toss it until it's charred and clear. Add it to a blender and ladle in the stew so there's broth, meat, potato, peas, corn and onion in there. Blend it with as little broth as you can at first, adding more as you go, until it can be completely blended, then pour it back into the stew and stir.