Suggestion for new group "baladeur"

Started by Erebus, January 12, 2009, 05:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erebus

Hello people.

In order to get myself acquainted with Elliquiy i started browsing through the various parts of the site.

It soon became apparent to me that there are quite some interesting game ideas that remain grounded due to lack of players.
The vast majority being one or two players short.

I also noticed that there is a good number of games that would benefit from the addition (thanks Paradox) of one-time characters, short of token participants.

So I stand before you Elliquines, with the proposition to create a volunteer based group called "baladeurs" or something of that nature.
This group will serve as a pool from which short-term vacancies would be filled.
These vacancies could be victims in a murder game, which by nature will get only 3-4 posts.
Or just plain by-standers in a large group game. You get the idea...

That's about it. If it sounds stupid, feel free to tell me so. I won't be offended.
If one the other hand sounds like a good idea, apply for baladeur. I 'm sure it would be fun.

That's it.
My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

In need for some short term players/NPCs? Place your request ==> here <==

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light; Or just another lost angel, city of night. - James Douglas Morrison

Paradox

I like the idea, but such an undertaking would call for a good deal of organization. In addition to keeping track of all your baladeurs, you'd also have to arrange for each game to sign up with vacant slots. Would you be leading this group, or are you simply suggesting it?

By the way,

Quote from: Erebus on January 12, 2009, 05:50:21 AM
I also noticed that there is a good number of games that would benefit from the addiction of one-time characters, short of token participants.

:P

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Erebus

I am more than willing to lead this group, although the original idea was of a more "open" setting.

I was thinking of something like a thread, or a sub-forum where requests for baladeurs will be made.

The important thing is to decide whether or not such a group is required.
After that, we can decide on it's structure....

So i started this topic in order to collaborate on this and come up with a plan.

My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light; Or just another lost angel, city of night. - James Douglas Morrison

Silver

Quote from: Erebus on January 12, 2009, 08:33:31 AM
I am more than willing to lead this group, although the original idea was of a more "open" setting.

I was thinking of something like a thread, or a sub-forum where requests for baladeurs will be made.

The important thing is to decide whether or not such a group is required.
After that, we can decide on it's structure....

So i started this topic in order to collaborate on this and come up with a plan.

I think that it's a good idea, there are always some group games which can use a few more players and what not. Once the whole structure is fleshed out and the people who are going to doing most of the work come forth, it'll be a good thing.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Greenthorn

I'd join the group.  I don't have the muse nor the desire to write anything for a long period of time because of RL right now.  Short term roles would be a godsend and keep my boredom to a minimum ;D

And if you need help with organization...I'm your girl ::)

Haibane

It's a good idea. I'd pin a tail on it and call it a weasel. I may have use from time to time for 'man at the corner table in the diner' or 'girl in the changing rooms' or some such.

I know someone who has an entire game that could function using such temporary characters. I'll tell her this thread exists.

Caity

I like  the  idea. 

Thanks for pointing me here Hai.  :)

We could get a drifter or two to come by.  Hehe. 

Zeitgeist

It's not a bad idea, would require some coordination and timing of course.

Most of these short term roles could also be handled rather easily too by the principal author taking on the role.

Speaking of, has anyone ever found the need/desire to take on the role of 'narrator' neither you nor the co-writer, but a narrator who through neither the eyes of the characters describe a scene? I think that would be an interesting mechanism. This would be after the initial opening post.

Haibane

Quote from: Zamdrist on January 14, 2009, 07:17:11 AM
It's not a bad idea, would require some coordination and timing of course.

Most of these short term roles could also be handled rather easily too by the principal author taking on the role.

Speaking of, has anyone ever found the need/desire to take on the role of 'narrator' neither you nor the co-writer, but a narrator who through neither the eyes of the characters describe a scene? I think that would be an interesting mechanism. This would be after the initial opening post.
Off topic! ;D And no I don't like to take on NPCs generally, but if a group of people are happy to do that, and at a moment's notice you could just go grab one and they'd start posting after a couple of PMs of explanation, wouldn't it be great?

Erebus

My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences