Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

(( It may be my newness, but I am honestly at a loss as to what to do or vote.  It seems that every option is 'damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't' ))

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Remiel

Nah, it's not just you, KS.   It's all pretty much just random at this point.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Remiel on February 04, 2016, 11:00:26 AM
Nah, it's not just you, KS.   It's all pretty much just random at this point.

Agreed. This is the least informed I've ever been in a mafia game.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

I'm pretty sure we go into night phase when the day ends anyway. We just don't keep going into the dungeon.   That being said I'll change my vote to James too for the sake of doing something.  But I still think we should keep on going. <3

James Moriarty

I agree with those who point out that we have basically no evidence at this point.  My own vote was purely out of self-preservation.  Well, not purely -- I do suspect Verasaille, but I can't say that there's anything more than raw suspicion behind it, other than the Tiefling thing...

Verasaille

After reading through this a few times, I am beginning to think that voting Nobody is a way for the evil guys to get a chance to kill again. Once we go to night phase, the killers strike again. I am highly suspicious of anyone who thinks voting for Nobody is helpful. At his point that ONLY benefits the killers. I agree with Guy, since he is very experienced at this game.

Therefore since he is so adamant about it, I am changing my vote to Strangefate!

Also no exploring yet, since it is possible for someone to die in the dungeon, as has been demonstrated.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

King Serperior

Xavier, in his gruff voice sighs, "Look, I have to agree with everyone here.  Sitting on our asses and arguing philosophy is NOT helping anyone.  If we really need to close our eyes and point blindly, then I will do so."  Xavier then closes his eyes and points at Verasaille the Tiefling:

((OOC:  Rolled a 9-sided die  and going down with Blythe at 1 and Verasaille at 9, obviously minus me.))
Roll Result: King Serperior rolled: 1d9
Comment:
Result: 9,
Total: 9

Xavier opens his eyes to see who he is pointing at and say to the group, "Is this what you want?  I have no idea what I am doing because I have no clue who is or isn't our killer.  I hate to have to randomly choose, but if that is how we all feel is the best action, then I shall do so unless someone can convince me otherwise!"

This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((Verasaille))

((OOC:  Nothing against anyone at this time.  I am trying to keep in character with my decisions!  My apologies, Verasaille!  D: ))

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Remiel

(If I might make a suggestion, KS, I suggest that you keep your vote as it is now, and that we vote for Vera next time.  Splitting the votes right now will leave us with a deadlock.)

Never mind, you hadn't voted yet.  Derp.

King Serperior

((OOC:  You do have a point.  I am not fond of deadlocks.  I'll keep the in character of Xavier closing his eyes and randomly pointing at someone to make a point.))

I am REMOVING MY VOTE.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Remiel

(please ignore my last post, I thought that you were changing your vote.  Ignore me. :P)

King Serperior

((*Headdesk*  Okay, well, it's been changed now and I don't feel like changing votes again.  If I survive the night, then I will have new information and votes.  >.>))

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Verasaille

Tisha glares at the dwarf, "Now you are starting to be suspicious! Blindly choosing I am not! I look for logic and simple deduction. The fact is that anyone who advocates against killing anyone is suspect. That only gives the killers advantage. With that logic, I think it is in our best interests to see who is making the most flawed argument for not killing anyone in the daytime. Only a killer would be pushing for this position. The MetaKnight is correct in his reasoning. We must get rid of someone who is obviously trying to confuse us!"
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

King Serperior

Xavier raises an eyebrow, "I am not saying that you are blindly choosing.  Seven bloody hells!  I am not even choosing you!  I am simply making a point of just how stupid it is to choose someone!"  He shakes his head and grumbles.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Galactic Druid

Remi, if I may, you seem awful eager to get people to commit to Vera next round, considering KS only picked her by a roll of the dice...

Verasaille

I think the main problem is we are stymied by a lack of communication. I still do not understand why we cannot PM each other and make deals. That was one of the things I thought we did in the other games. The werewolf ones anyway. Shifting alliances and PM's allowed us to gather some kind of information.

Also why was Mintprincess allowed to do so with Seranova and no one else? I am not understanding the rules of this game at all.

Mintprincess

Omg we have to agree on someone lol.  Strange fate, James or Vera?  Those seems to be the names.

And voting and killing someone good is more benefit to the villains than voting for nobody.  Killing a villain is more beneficial for the good guys than voting for nobody.   Voting for nobody is more beneficial than killing someone on your team.   So if you are going to keep saying anyone who wants to vote no one is helping the villains I think you are wrong.   Villains won't be voting for villains so all they have to do is sway a few goodies to vote with them and they innocently or randomly knock out a good guy and get to kill one at night as well.

However. I don't know that we will ever get much info to do more than decide randomly.  Which is also pretty standard mafia when I've played in person short of if the sherif gets lucky on his guess.  I just feel (short of the game condition that Vera may or may not have) most people pushing for death and fixed on someone are suspicious in my mind. 

So who are we voting for again? I can't even tell anymore lol. 

------
Vera I've not played one of these where you could pm. 

I wasn't allows to pm with someone.  Sera's role allowed him to choose one player to do so with. The pm was initiated by red and we were allowed to converse until he died.   His role was then Pmed to me.  That was his characters' thing. Not mine.

Verasaille

I am confused, do the villains know who they all are then? Are they in contact with each other? How do they know who is evil and who is not?

In the previous games we had more information. I am not seeing that here.

Galactic Druid

From what I gathered, Sera's power gave them the choice of a single person to PM with. Ninja'd by Minty.

Are you suggesting we never eliminate players, Mint? We're going to spend this whole game waiting for information that will never be certain, and then die, at the rate we are going.

I'm personally still on the Fate or Remi train, especially after Remi's last post.

Vera, it's Very likely the baddies know who one another is, with the possible exception of a "blind" one, though I don't see that in this game. No idea if they can chat, but I imagine they at least are allowed to decide a target together during night phases.

Verasaille

Well there it is then, if the villains know who they are, then they are acting in concert. They will either vote to kill no one during the day, so there is a chance they can kill someone at night, or they will target one person they see as good.

So yes killing a good person benefits the bad guys, but killing no one also benefits the bad guys. I am not trying to confuse you Minty. We need to go by hunches and innuendos on who is saying what. We also need more people posting who are not participating.

So yes, we do not want to target the good guys, but since we do not know for certain, all we can do is use a little logic here. This game is about lies and deception. There is no sheriff and we are not voting for anyone like that. We are simply voting out someone who is trying to kill off the good guys and help the bad guys.

We are all suspect, and each of us had powers or roles that can hurt or benefit either side. If you have a power that will reveal a bad guy then use it. I intend on using one of my powers tonight. But I won't say what it is.

persephone325

HEY! Don't kick the most beautiful person here! *grumbles at Remi*

I haven't voted because I have no idea what to do. I want to explore the dungeon, but Guy's post was like "HEY! If you wanna explore the dungeon, then you're a BAD GUY!" and I'm just like "How does that makes sense? How would he know? What day is it? Why is the sky blue?"
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mintprincess

Rpguy- I'm not saying we should never kill someone. Definitely not! I'm saying to advocate that if you aren't ready that makes you a bad guy isn't any more logical than randomly killing someone.   I'm saying the bad guys know who is bad and who is good so they aren't making a random choice and if they are pushing hard for someone .:.. Kinda like you are, they only need convince a few to go with us.

The rest of us are just guessing at this point.

Quote from: Verasaille on February 04, 2016, 02:57:57 PM
So yes killing a good person benefits the bad guys, but killing no one also benefits the bad guys. I am not trying to confuse you Minty. We need to go by hunches and innuendos on who is saying what. We also need more people posting who are not participating.

So yes, we do not want to target the good guys, but since we do not know for certain, all we can do is use a little logic here. This game is about lies and deception. There is no sheriff and we are not voting for anyone like that. We are simply voting out someone who is trying to kill off the good guys and help the bad guys.

We are all suspect, and each of us had powers or roles that can hurt or benefit either side. If you have a power that will reveal a bad guy then use it. I intend on using one of my powers tonight. But I won't say what it is.

Vera - I was attempting to use the above logic as my hunch that villains benefit from picking a good guy to kill and thus would be more apt to be like I really think we should kill person A then good guys. Thus I was 'hunching' in the direction of those eager to kill someone off over those who were like. Idk who to kill.  I'm not saying it's a good hunch but short of successfully turning you into a purple looking villain :p or making Derwaysh's hair stand up as an indication he wasn't all he was cracked up to be, I got nothing else. 

Remiel

I'm starting to suspect ThatRPGuy may have an ulterior motive here, as much as he's jumping on me and anyone who wants to explore...

Galactic Druid

For damn good reason. If you think I'm evil, then kill me. When my all my info is made public, I hope you guys remember who I called out.

Mintprincess

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 04, 2016, 04:18:17 PM
For damn good reason. If you think I'm evil, then kill me. When my all my info is made public, I hope you guys remember who I called out.
what is your reason for wanting Remy dead (besides Remy is always the wolf? :P)

Madame Professor

Firstly, I have been following the thread. The problem I am having is, thanks to who I now know is Remi, my vote counts for two votes today, so I want to make it count.

I have read everyone's reasoning and there are a few wishy-washy folks here, Vera the washiest. I thought her suspicious before and I can't decide if she is trying to cause confusion or just confused herself.

I don't want to just pick someone and put this blessing Remi gave me to waste. We need to eliminate someone tonight. I have said it from Day One. Voting for no one or all over the place doesn't help us. That said, I didn't want to cast my vote too early and not give everyone time to discuss. So I've been following along (in between shifts at work) but I just haven't had a chance to make a significant post.

Personally, while I find her flip floppiness suspicious, I agree with Vera on the fact that voting Nobody is highly suspicious. So my first inclination is to vote for Strangefate. Of course, James Moriarty currently holds the majority so if I go with my instinct, then we could (again) end the day without a kill. But I'm not really willing to just jump on the 'Let's kill James' band wagon. At the same time, we need to vote together if we are going to get anywhere... hence my dilemma.

After thinking about it, I'm not sure that what happened to Seranova was result of exploring so much as his role. Perhaps he was cursed? If I recall correctly, he had mentioned all 'dying together' from the get go. But I think that I'll vote we not explore tonight and see what happens. I don't know that exploring every night is necessary, so unless someone can convince me it's necessary, I'm okay with camping here.

As for the boots, since we don't have a greedy Goblin begging for them, I think King Serperior should have the boots.

Edit: ((Also, since there is no OOC, I just learned that one of my oldest and dearest friends is back in the hospital, so I'll likely be rather quiet the rest of the evening once I head out to go see him. In case I'm not active enough.))
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.