Neon Genesis Evangelion

Started by Hunter, December 18, 2006, 12:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

As I'm still interested in a game of this style, let me put forward a proposal of starting a game of this theme.  A bit of an idea:

The time of the Angels has arrived. Mankind faces a war of survival that only a few humans can wage successfully. Or so they think.

The destruction of the NERV facility in Nevada is only one of a series of waves of bad news to rock NERV Headquarters. As the relentless battles draw to a close, and the survival of mankind seems guaranteed, it becomes clear that a serious miscalculation has taken place.

It is a fight for survival in which the stakes are far higher than anyone might have imagined.

(Note: The story will pick up near the beginning of episode 23, with the battle against Armisael.)

I was thinking of putting the game in midtones.  It would need all varieties of NERV personnel (pilots, controllers, etc).

Hunter

Prelude

Inside the entry plug, a figure stirred. He looked to be male and his attention seemed drawn to a blinking indicator in front of him. "I see it, mother." He said in a quiet, yet gentle tenor. At his words, the blinking suddenly stopped.

"To pilot: initiate emergency drop procedure. Remain airborne until the area has been cleared of hostiles." He called out, recieving a rather reluctant acknowledgement. His hands gripped the twin controls as the soft whomp indicated that the emergency bolts had been blown clear, freeing the EVA from whatever held her in place.

He tightened his grip on the controls as they plunged downward, with steady ease directing the AT field below him to both cushion the landing and to serve as a spike into the Angel that was below.

Far below, the Angel that was called Armisael was busy trying to bore past the AT field of Unit 0 and was starting to do so with some success. Conversation between the mostly helpless pilot and NERV headquarters remained unheard by the unnamed pilot.

A second blinking indicator alerted him to the arrival of Unit 2, which stood motionless, seemingly as helpless as the Angel's current target. He couldn't hear anything, not even the wind as he plunged into his destiny.

The Angel shot across and around the buildings of Tokyo 3, baited by the helpless Unit 2 away from Unit 0. A resounding crash shook the earth as the silverish-white Evangelion slammed feet first into the unsuspecting Angel from above, stopped within feet of Unit 2.

Armisael trashed in sudden pain as his/its body was suddenly damaged so severely as a result of the unexpected attack. With a roar that echoed in the minds of those watching of when Unit 1 had gone beserk, the silverish-white Unit 4 grabbed one end of the thrashing Angel and began to squeeze.

"DIE!" The pilot of Evangelion Unit 4, Jared Pearson, screamed into the radio. His unexpected appearance and his voice made everything seem to halt for just a heartbeat except for the two warring combatants. 

belsammael

ahh darnit.. I really need to catch up on eva and watch the last 10 episodes -even though i've already seen the ending - because this looks like fun :D

base personel is fun to have around  8)

Hunter

The game still has potential to run.  Needs at least the pilots before it can start.  ^_^

MechanicalImpulses

Well I'd he happy to take on the role of one of the pilots...  custom or cannon.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0 Ons and offs

Switch with heavy submissive tendencies.

I found my cattleprod!

Hunter

Let's see...
Pilots
Rei (Unit 0), Shinji (Unit 1), Asuka (Unit 2), and Jared (Unit 4).

Other good people
Pretty much any canon character but Commander Ikari and plenty of room for made ups.  ^_^

(I was planning on playing Jared myself.  And I do have a plot in mind other than procreating.  But that's important too.   ;))

MechanicalImpulses

I could probably do Shinji or Rei...  not sure how fun it will be to play the blue haired little doll...  yet its so tempting.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0 Ons and offs

Switch with heavy submissive tendencies.

I found my cattleprod!

Hunter

I'm still looking to run this game.  Definitely need an Asuka before we can begin.

Ajoxer

Wah. I'll play Asuka, just for the hell of it. Presumably she's still in full-on bitch mode?
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter

Quote from: Ajoxer on February 10, 2007, 03:13:34 PM
Wah. I'll play Asuka, just for the hell of it. Presumably she's still in full-on bitch mode?

It'll start near the beginning of episode 23, with the spagetti angel where Asuka can't seem to sync.

Mech has indicated that he'd like to play Shinji.  Anyone want to take a crack at Rei II (the blue haired doll?)

Hunter

I'll be requesting a board here tomorrow, anyone else want to join?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=327.0

Hunter

It's been a few weeks so I'lll post a reminder that there's plenty of room for the interested.

We could definitely use a Misato and a couple of other characters.