Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: Xana on December 07, 2008, 06:38:59 PM
All is good...the Steelers beat the Cowboys! :)

Which is a great thing for me since the Giants sort of sucked on Sunday as well... it was not a good day for the NY teams.
My ons and offs can be found here

Avi

Pending some major choke-age by the Bears and the Vikes, even if the Pack win every game they have left, they won't get into the playoffs.  Here's hoping the Steelers make a good run, at least.  I'm tired as hell of people anointing the Titans as world-champions a whole month early.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Bayushi

They may not make the playoffs(Bronco's would have to lose the rest of the season, including the game at San Diego), but at least the Chargers whupped the Raiders on Thursday.

Heh... Raiders had NO offense, and very little Defense. It was downright pathetic.

But oh so entertaining for a San Diego Born and Bred Raider Hater. :D

Doomsday

Go Packers!

Despite a disappointing season, they should be back to being a dominant team next year pending major staff/player changes. It would be a mistake to drop McCarthy or Thompson, or for Thompson to move any of their major players. I've heard rumors that we might target Albert Haynesworth this off-season, which would be sweet.

MagicalPen

Wow. 2 games left, and the AFC East is still up for grabs!

First, pro-bowl selection. Jets lead all teams with 7 players headed to the Pro-Bowl! Woot!

Back to the playoff picture.

Jets, Pats, and Miami are currently all at 9 - 5. Jets play Seattle. Thats a game they should/must win. Miami plays Kansas City. A game they should win. The Patriots play the Cardinals. Again, a game they should win. Season finale between Patriots and Buffalo: Patriots win. Season finale between Jets and Miami, at NY, is going to be game-of-the-year. At least, on paper it is. Its a game for a berth in the Playoffs if neither team drops the game beforehand. The winner of the Jets vs. Miami game should very well reach the Playoffs. Its going to be a nailbiter!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Will

Roethlisberger with the pick-6!!!!   TITANS WIN!!!!!

Yesssss! :D
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Bayushi

Quote from: MagicalPen on December 17, 2008, 12:01:04 PMWow. 2 games left, and the AFC East is still up for grabs!

The lackluster AFC West has yet to be decided, with the winner of Sunday Night's Denver at San Diego winning the division.

I'm very much looking forward to that game... especially with how Philip Rivers is throwing the ball, and how horrid the Denver pass defense has been this season.

GO CHARGERS!!

ChrisDay

Living in KC, well...the season was kind of a disappointment.  Though with King Carl going out I'm hoping Herm is going to be right behind him.  Replacement coach?  I'd love to see Bill Cowher come in.

Being from the Philadelphia area I was loving the Eagles/Cowboy match up.  Wow...I'm not sure what happened to Dallas in that game, I'm just hoping the Eagles didn't blow their offensive/defensive loads in this game with nothing left for next week. 

WyldRanger

At least with the playoffs starting up this weekend I don't have to suffer through another showing of ineptitude known as the history-breaking, pathetic, hopeless and overall depressing Detroit Lions.  ::)

MagicalPen

Things can only get better for Detroit  ;D They can't get any worse!

Maybe they'll win the superbowl next year? I mean, Miami only won one game last year and made it to the playoffs this year, so maybe Detroit will one-up them...

Nah, they'll be lucky to win 5 games next year.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

WyldRanger

The Lions organization as a whole is so pathetic that I'd be amazed if they win any games next year.  ::)

I'm just happy that the Red Wings continue to play well and win quite often :)

Bayushi

San Diego: 23
Indianapolis: 17

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Revolverman

WyldRanger

Yes! The Steelers are going to the Super Bowl! (This almost makes up for watching the Lions all season)

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Caity

Spookie Monster

Many congratulations to the Arizona Cardinals and their fans.  Needless to say, this has been a breakthrough season!  I admit that since I got into football I've often found myself rooting for you guys.  And now you've reached the Super Bowl!  I never thought that I'd see the day.  Best of luck to you!

Many congratulations, too, to the Pittsburgh Steelers and their fans.  Though this is nothing new to you, of course, I know from experience that getting to the Super Bowl never gets old.  And whenever you guys reach the Super Bowl you always represent the AFC with passion and perseverance; I really respect that.  Best of luck to you, too!

One question: As a would-have-been fan of the bumbling Carpets, who am I supposed to root for on Sunday, February 1st?

Spel

Panic in Detroit!
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

WyldRanger

What a fun Super Bowl! Both teams deserved to win, but since only one could I am happy for the Steelers :) The Cards have nothing at all to be ashamed of, they came oh so close to winning one and since it's the farthest they've ever gotten that HAS to count for something! :)

Spookie Monster

Many congratulations to the Steelers and their fans.  If you guys aren't careful, you're soon going to have to start wearing rings on your toes!  And, let's face it, that would just be inconvenient... you'd have to get special shoes or something... I'd recommend against it...

Spel

A great game did you play then...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~