Marvel Avengers [A New Hope] - OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS

Started by Josietta, September 23, 2015, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

I'll run her by Lunar but you should be okay.

That notice wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It was more if a FYI, incase others were wondering, sort of thing.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Wispyr

I'm clearly not very smart... I'll be picking up Gambit, because I'm a boss...and because somehow it took BP reminding me that my favorite X-character was even a thing >.>

No where'd I put those playing cards...

Aiden

Is the Avenger's tower and the facility from the end of Age of Ultron 2 already up and running? Or is there still a transition going (I saw the Tower mentioned in the setting, but nothing else).

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Wispyr on September 24, 2015, 10:14:25 PM
I'm clearly not very smart... I'll be picking up Gambit, because I'm a boss...and because somehow it took BP reminding me that my favorite X-character was even a thing >.>

Hnnng...
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

wander

So, in the early 2000s, Hawkeye was team leader of the Thunderbolts, which I thought he left sooner than that, though I always picture the 2000 era as around just pre-Avengers Disassembled. He rejoined the Avengers around the start of 2003, give or take a month.

I guess there's going to be some unique setting jazz and some movie stuff being involved, I guess I'm asking so I know how to end Barton's bio, where things would roughly place him at the start of the story, besides being an Avenger again.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Dhi

Phoebe Tonkin is perfect! Can I reserve her as a face claim?

Elysian Radiance

I'm a lying liarface. Lilith isn't finished. Tomorrow! Tomorrow is the magic day!

And hopefully my Muse will shift out of creation mode and into upkeep...
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

LunarSage

Quote from: wander on September 24, 2015, 09:25:35 PM
On Kate Bishop, in the recent Young Avengers series, she was 20 and she was 21 in the Hawkeye solo after that. I realise the very first YA series had her around 17, so it depends on the timeline of the story here, if it really is based around 2000, they didn't form as a team until 2005 after Avengers Disassembled, so I can understand if she's not available as a canon to play.

Let me clarify about the time period.  It's circa 2000ish as far as none of the major events that happened after 2000 in the comics have not occurred (Civil War, House of M, Avengers vs X-Men, etc).  Genosha is still home to a government that abuses it's mutant population, as well.  The date in game will be 2015.  This will be a "status quo" era of Marvel.  In the X-Men, the school is in full swing, Xavier is headmaster and there is a blue team and gold team up in Westchester County.  In the Fantastic Four, the team lives in 4 Freedoms Plaza in Manhattan.  In Avengers, the team lives in Tony's mansion and works out of Avengers Tower, both of which are also in Manhattan.  There is no "New Avengers" or "Young Avengers", no mass escape from the Raft has occurred.  That said, you can make a character however old you would like in order to adhere to Elliquiy's age rules.  I don't believe Kate's existence in predicated on any one event having happened, so you're good.

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on September 24, 2015, 06:33:57 PM
Working on Psylocke now. I'm thinking of going with Sung Hi Lee as the character face.

Looking forward to it, BarbaraGordon!  :-)

Quote from: Wispyr on September 24, 2015, 10:14:25 PM

Sweetness!  "Gambit, he a 'tief and a ladies man, mon ami."

Yeah, his accent is fun to write, hehe.

Quote from: Aiden on September 24, 2015, 10:20:37 PM
Is the Avenger's tower and the facility from the end of Age of Ultron 2 already up and running? Or is there still a transition going (I saw the Tower mentioned in the setting, but nothing else).

I don't recall a facility in the movie, but Avengers Tower in this setting has been in place for years.  This game is based more on the comics than the movies.

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 24, 2015, 10:23:19 PM
Hnnng...

Ahem.  :P

Quote from: wander on September 24, 2015, 10:29:48 PM
So, in the early 2000s, Hawkeye was team leader of the Thunderbolts, which I thought he left sooner than that, though I always picture the 2000 era as around just pre-Avengers Disassembled. He rejoined the Avengers around the start of 2003, give or take a month.

I guess there's going to be some unique setting jazz and some movie stuff being involved, I guess I'm asking so I know how to end Barton's bio, where things would roughly place him at the start of the story, besides being an Avenger again.

No Thunderbolts in this setting.  I would just rather not deal with all that, partly because I didn't care for the story.

You can assume Barton has been an Avenger this whole time.

Quote from: persephone325 on September 24, 2015, 11:09:11 PM
*peeks in*

Hey hey!  :-)

Quote from: Dhi on September 25, 2015, 12:36:12 AM

You certainly can!  Josi will add her name to the faceclaim list.  :-)

She's very pretty.  Those lips!

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 25, 2015, 03:04:04 AM
I'm a lying liarface. Lilith isn't finished. Tomorrow! Tomorrow is the magic day!

And hopefully my Muse will shift out of creation mode and into upkeep...

*hugs*

It's all good.  No hurry at all.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Kuroneko

Are you open to an Ultimate version of Forge, or does he have to be 616?
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

LunarSage

I would prefer 616 versions of characters, but if you tell me a bit about this alternate Forge we could possibly be sold.  How different is the Ultimate character, and would you be willing to fudge the history a bit to better fit the character into the 616 world?

Kuroneko

If you'd prefer 616 versions of all the characters, then I think it's best for me to withdraw my interest. I've been playing alt versions of Marvel characters for so long now that they've become my favorites. Besides, my schedule is so busy right now, I had doubts about being able to keep up with another group game, so it's all for the best.

Good luck!  I'm sure it's going to be awesome.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Dhi on September 25, 2015, 12:36:12 AM

YAY! BP did good :D *does a little face-claim-finding-champ dance*

Quote from: LunarSage on September 25, 2015, 06:36:14 AM
Ahem.  :P

This is also hnnng worthy. <3 I haz two girlies, I can eye two pretty man types. :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

LunarSage

Quote from: Kuroneko on September 25, 2015, 08:17:28 AM
If you'd prefer 616 versions of all the characters, then I think it's best for me to withdraw my interest. I've been playing alt versions of Marvel characters for so long now that they've become my favorites. Besides, my schedule is so busy right now, I had doubts about being able to keep up with another group game, so it's all for the best.

Good luck!  I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

No worries and thank you.  :-)

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 25, 2015, 08:30:23 AM
This is also hnnng worthy. <3 I haz two girlies, I can eye two pretty man types. :D

Hehe I know.  ;D

wander

Thanks for the clarification, Lunar.

Probably going to drop the need for Kate and play off Clint on his own. He was fairly fun before Disassembled, pretty much every female in the team he'd spent some adult time with and he probably still does. ^^

Firestar happened to be an Avengers trainee and engaged to Justice, also a trainee. Hawkeye took the pair under his wing for a time.

Dhi

I'm done with my sheet, just need to pretty it up with my new face claim. Thanks BP!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: wander on September 25, 2015, 04:57:47 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Lunar.

Probably going to drop the need for Kate and play off Clint on his own. He was fairly fun before Disassembled, pretty much every female in the team he'd spent some adult time with and he probably still does. ^^

Firestar happened to be an Avengers trainee and engaged to Justice, also a trainee. Hawkeye took the pair under his wing for a time.

I'm not intending to have Hawkeye as a past lover for Scarlet Witch, but if you want to put that in his history there are unrequited feelings there I wouldn't mind that.

wander

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 25, 2015, 05:07:19 PM
I'm not intending to have Hawkeye as a past lover for Scarlet Witch, but if you want to put that in his history there are unrequited feelings there I wouldn't mind that.

That's fine, I guess I should ask anyone else if they want their character to be in Clint's little black book or not.

persephone325

Quote from: wander on September 25, 2015, 05:12:13 PM
That's fine, I guess I should ask anyone else if they want their character to be in Clint's little black book or not.

I'm assuming this wouldn't really apply to members of the X-Men?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Wispyr

Gonna drop a face claim on Nick Bateman as Gambit.

TamaRose

Is Firestar still available? I have never played her before but I am willing to give it a go!

Josietta

We are debating changing the rule to characters 18 and older instead of the site rule of 16. Is this copectic with every one else?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Wispyr

Doesn't bother me either way. I'm happy to have 16+, but know a lot of people pref the older crowd.

Elysian Radiance

I really prefer 18+. Rather be safe than sorry, yanno?
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Bloodied Porcelain

Neither of my girls are under 18, but I don't really think it's cool to force people to play 18+ when site rules allow for 16+. But that's just me.