Marvel Avengers [A New Hope] - OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS

Started by Josietta, September 23, 2015, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

I hope it goes without saying, if I go Cap, I want Chris Evans in case I need to reserve the face!

Josietta

I'm out and about today but I wrote down the reserves.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

Anyone wishing to play Pietro (Quicksilver) should PM Bloodied Porcelain for plottage since she'll be playing his sister the Scarlet Witch.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Bloodied Porcelain

*waves Red and Silver pompoms* >.>
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Josietta

Quote from: VonDoom on September 24, 2015, 07:10:28 AM
Aye, I'll mull it over. Also made that thread, if you're interested in talking about it.

If you're still looking for more female tier three examples, a few who occur to me:
Moondragon, Frankie Reyes Nova, Storm on a good Chris Claremont day, Carol Danvers during her Binary period, maybe Clea.

Edit: whoops, already had Nova. Sorry.

I'm already playing Carol as Ms Marvel -- who is listed as a tier three.

We won't be opening up options to play the same character from different periods. Just like with Jean Grey. There were a couple different periods of time she is in and her power levels change. The one that we have listed is the only one available for those particular sorts of characters. We won't be doing Phoenix at all, Jean Grey - yes, just no Phoenix Force. Nothing seriously overpowered such as that. No Silver Surfer, No Cosmic Entities, like the Phoenix or the Watcher. There will be no Squirrel Girl either, as Marvel has classified her as a cosmic entity. We may not have as many female tier three characters but that is just how it is. Unfortunately there tend to be more male heroes in most Comic Universes (Marvel and DC alike).

We are keeping our power levels even as possible. This is not meant to be a cosmic game or anything close to that. These are superheroes on Earth. Your basic heroes who are there to "save the day" and keep mankind safe.

Quote from: LunarSage on September 24, 2015, 10:45:45 AM
Anyone wishing to play Pietro (Quicksilver) should PM Bloodied Porcelain for plottage since she'll be playing his sister the Scarlet Witch.

If no one takes up Pietro for the game and he is needed for a scene or two, I am more than willing to fill in. This is for background characters as needed, but only on an as needed, scene to scene, basis.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

VonDoom

Righto, sorry, missed that bit about Carol too, foolishly posting from my cellphone. Didn't realize you weren't taking suggestion to expand, since LunarSage mentioned that you had too few. Figured I might lend assistance.

That said, I'm sorry to say, but I'll withdraw interest. The game looks to shape up great, but after thinking some more about it ... superhero comics are drawn to me, I just can't get over that.  :-\
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Josietta

Quote from: VonDoom on September 24, 2015, 12:09:28 PM
Righto, sorry, missed that bit about Carol too, foolishly posting from my cellphone. Didn't realize you weren't taking suggestion to expand, since LunarSage mentioned that you had too few. Figured I might lend assistance.

That said, I'm sorry to say, but I'll withdraw interest. The game looks to shape up great, but after thinking some more about it ... superhero comics are drawn to me, I just can't get over that.  :-\

Superhero hero comics are drawn, but there are also Superhero movies with live action actors. There will be a mix of Drawings (for the costumes imagery amongst other uses like power display and the like) and live action faces, which tend to give the characters a more real feeling, in my opinion. It gives the a face I can relate to and I'm sure others can agree with.

But at the end of the day it is your perogative and I'm glad you did display some interest and offered assistance.

I never said suggestions weren't welcome. Just that there comes a point to where you are really digging in to put things in a place that they don't necessarily have to be.

We are easy going people who like to keep things easy and simple. When it gets too complex or over powered in places it just weakens the fun in it for me. That alone is the main reason we are keeping character tiers in place and keeping heroes in their place and cosmic entities in the cosmos.

If you decide at a later date to join up, we'd love to have you. Otherwise, I hope you find what you are looking for in your game search.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm working on my sheet for Wanda right now. If anyone wants to have connections/history, I'm totally open for it. I'm planning to go the way of having her enter the superhero/villain world by way of Magneto and the Brotherhood, followed by a conversion to the Avengers. As stated above, I'm eager to see someone play Quicksilver, but I'd also love to work on connections with the other Avengers outside of simply working together.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Dhi

I'd like to follow a theme of the uncelebrated women scientists of the early 20th century with Spider-Woman, especially Marie Curie and Rosalind Franklin. Jessica is a woman who suffered greatly for her parents' work in the field of radiation; her more memorable powers follow this vein of chemistry and radiation. At least twice, her history has been stolen from her, like these early scientists, and despite her amazing powers, she gets knocked down to the D-list with the likes of Black Widow who doesn't even have superpowers beyond being a good kisser.

I want the fab 1970s aesthetic, psychedelic costume, second-wave feminism, cold war parallels with SHIELD and Hydra.

No idea on face claim.

VonDoom

No worries. To explain a bit about the different time period thing, I wasn't sure what the status quo for those characters was in 2000. I operated on quite a delay for awhile, since I was reading the comics in their German translation. That's why I offered context on when I figured they might go in Tier 3.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Josietta

Quote from: Dhi on September 24, 2015, 12:23:49 PM
I'd like to follow a theme of the uncelebrated women scientists of the early 20th century with Spider-Woman, especially Marie Curie and Rosalind Franklin. Jessica is a woman who suffered greatly for her parents' work in the field of radiation; her more memorable powers follow this vein of chemistry and radiation. At least twice, her history has been stolen from her, like these early scientists, and despite her amazing powers, she gets knocked down to the D-list with the likes of Black Widow who doesn't even have superpowers beyond being a good kisser.

I want the fab 1970s aesthetic, psychedelic costume, second-wave feminism, cold war parallels with SHIELD and Hydra.

No idea on face claim.

That sounds like an awesome rendition! And the costume sounds wicked. :)  I always loved those 70's tie dye sorts. It reminds me a lot of Misty Knight, with the loud afro and bell bottom pants for her costume. Was so awesome!

As for a face claim, take your time. :)  If you need help finding something let us know and we'll see if someone around here can work something out to help.   Just give a general idea on what you are looking for and I'll do some google fu - tumbling to see if I can help accommodate that.

Also for face claims, we're not super picky. You can just have one you found while google searching. Doesn't have to have a name or actual "Claim". Like BP put up those hair models. Anything like that works too. :)  Doesn't have to be a named model/actress/actor, etc.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 24, 2015, 12:27:11 PM
No worries. To explain a bit about the different time period thing, I wasn't sure what the status quo for those characters was in 2000 since I operated on quite a delay for awhile, since I was reading the comics in their German translation. That's why I offered context on when I figured they might go in Tier 3.

We're basically going for the hero setting to be before the year 2000, as far as settings go. The no House of M, no Civil War, etc. Some characters after the 2000 era may be problematic because some of them henge on the events of Civil War and Avengers vs XMen and the like. That is the reasoning for keeping characters primarily introduced pre-2000.

But we have allowed for some like the Winter Soldier and Pixie, whose existance don't rely on big events.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

We have received and approved a sheet for She Hulk.  We're making this known so people are aware that the character is now taken.

We've updated the character list.  You can always check the list to see who is reserved and who is available.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Bloodied Porcelain

I submitted my Wanda and Jubes sheets. *dances and tries not to look too anxious*

Dhi

Meghan Ory for a capable scientist with a playful side. Fabulous dark hair is important, it needs a little bounce for hanging upside down. Spider-Woman needs full expressive lips since her mask reveals little else. The one thing she needs that Ory does not have is the physicality of the character. As a model she seems pretty static.

Vanessa Hudgens is a much better fit for the posture of an acrobatic character with a very clear center of gravity. But Hudgens looks like she belongs on a family sitcom, she's giggly and hewing to a high school grad look, she doesn't inspire confidence as a scientist.

I could go with either model but someone who falls in between would be perfect.

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

Quote from: Dhi on September 24, 2015, 02:41:58 PM
Meghan Ory for a capable scientist with a playful side. Fabulous dark hair is important, it needs a little bounce for hanging upside down. Spider-Woman needs full expressive lips since her mask reveals little else. The one thing she needs that Ory does not have is the physicality of the character. As a model she seems pretty static.

Vanessa Hudgens is a much better fit for the posture of an acrobatic character with a very clear center of gravity. But Hudgens looks like she belongs on a family sitcom, she's giggly and hewing to a high school grad look, she doesn't inspire confidence as a scientist.

I will keep an eye out and see what I can find.

How about Kristen Kreuk?  The newer (read: older than smallville) images of her might suit you.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on September 24, 2015, 02:43:54 PM
Wanda and Jubes are both approved.

We now have an Approved Character Sheet Thread and an OOC Thread.

SQUEE!! *runs around like an idiot and goes to defile - I mean... -christen the OOC*

wander

@Dhi; Can't forget about Jessica's curves either! ^^

Loads of posts have come in overnight, so I'll look back at the thread and see if any were directed to my last ones and edit this post if needed.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Dhi on September 24, 2015, 02:41:58 PM

Phoebe Tonkin?

Or for a more mature look, Kate Beckinsale?

Elysian Radiance

Have I mentioned that I HATE writing character descriptions? With a passion. Not gonna lie... I have one that I wrote at one point and I liked it so much, I totally use it as a template for other characters. Just change out the descriptors and such to make it fit for the character and be done with it. I used to love writing descriptions of characters, but I guess after doing it a millions times, it becomes tedious. x_x

-flops-

Anywho... As soon as I do that and the history, Lilith should be finished.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Kadigan

Working on Psylocke now. I'm thinking of going with Sung Hi Lee as the character face.

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm watching Age of Ultron. >.>

"Please be a secret door.
Please be a secret door.
Please be a secret door...
Yay!"

wander

I will be doing a write-up for Hawkeye tomorrow, as my main thing to do here when I log in.

I like the comic-version, I know all his abilities and won't be doing a copy-paste from the Marvel wiki, though on the subject of character descriptions, that can help if people are playing someone they're unsure how to do a bio on.

Is anyone playing Kate Bishop as I'm considering inviting a friend to write as her, if not.

Josietta

As a note that everyone should already know, all characters must be at least 16 years old and any images (models) must be at least 18 years of age. I know a few comic characters in the books are younger but our portrayals must have them pushed up to site rules.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

wander

Quote from: Josietta on September 24, 2015, 09:22:10 PM
As a note that everyone should already know, all characters must be at least 16 years old and any images (models) must be at least 18 years of age. I know a few comic characters in the books are younger but our portrayals must have them pushed up to site rules.

On Kate Bishop, in the recent Young Avengers series, she was 20 and she was 21 in the Hawkeye solo after that. I realise the very first YA series had her around 17, so it depends on the timeline of the story here, if it really is based around 2000, they didn't form as a team until 2005 after Avengers Disassembled, so I can understand if she's not available as a canon to play.