Marvel Avengers [A New Hope] - OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS

Started by Josietta, September 23, 2015, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

Marvel Avengers [A New Hope]

At 8:32 am on Tuesday, August 4th 2015, the relative calm of a typical New York morning was shattered as the first of hundreds of Kree ships descended from the sky, a massive invasion fleet intent on wreaking havoc on the 'heroes' of Earth in retribution for past slights.  Leading this invasion was the powerful commander known as Ronan the Accuser, along with an army of genetically modified super Kree, each in possession of terrible power. 

The Avengers and the Fantastic Four were the first to respond, but though they fought bravely, it soon became apparent that their own might would not be enough to turn the tide against this enemy.  Captain America and Iron Man sent out an all call to every hero they could.  The Earth needed them, and the response was tremendous.  The X-Men, Dr Strange, Spider-Man, the Hulk and many others all heeded the call of the leaders of the Avengers, and finally, after an absolutely epic battle, the Kree were repelled, laid low by the might of Earth's mightiest heroes.  The day was won. 

Captain America gave an impassioned speech when all was said and done, commending all who had answered the call.  Those brave heroes were each given the status of honorary Avengers.  X-Men, Fantastic Four and others... all stood as Avengers that day and henceforth.  Now things seem to have gone back to 'normal', but every hero now stands ready to unite once again in the face of any threats to the Earth. 

A few notes regarding this setting:

1. There was never a Superhuman Registration Act in this setting.  Consequently, there was never a superhero 'Civil War'.

2. There was never a 'House of M' or 'X-Men vs Avengers' storyline in this setting.  Assume that pretty much anything that happened in the comics post 2000 never happened in this setting.

3. Jean Grey is a very powerful telepath and telekinetic but she is not in possession of the Phoenix Force.

4. Scarlet Witch is a probability manipulator, not a godlike reality warper in this setting.

5. Sorry but homebrewed characters will not be allowed in this game.  Canon characters only.

6. All PCs will possess Avengers cards that serve as ID and communicators.  They will all have access to Avengers Tower and Tony's mansion.

7. Just because a canon character was in a relationship in the comics doesn't mean your PC was.  It's up to the individual player.

8. This is not a sex focused game but we will not discourage such as long as it is being done at the appropriate times and places.

9.  We will have GM ran plots and allow for character/player developed plots as well.

10. While the game is primarily sandbox with portions of GM plots, we want it to be understood that things will not be spoon fed. It will require some initiative and effort on some players parts to keep things moving at an even pace. There is only so much we, as GMs, can do to keep you moving forward. We are always willing to accommodate and assist in player driven plots but we do require players to present any plots of their own to the GMs beforehand for approval.

11. Our posting rate -- we're looking for a post every 7-10 days minimum. If you are involved in a full on plot  (which we run as an option for players, they are not mandatory to attend) that rate will change to 5 - 7 days. If for some reason you can't post on your turn in a plot combat scene , we can always work it out and skip that turn and you could get back in on your next turn. This is purely situational  (as in needing to be away from E during that time because of RL issues) and won't affect how your character is viewed. We always make accommodations and try to make sure everyone  gets some time in the spotlight.

12. If you are going to be gone for a long period of time (2+ months) your character will be closed and tucked away. Please keep in contact with us. We understand life happens but you need to cooperate and show your interest is still there. If the 2+ months stretches to be longer than 4-6 months your character can no longer be held and will fall back into the character available pool.

Game Info

This is a freeform game, but not all characters are created equally.  While there are no stats to speak of and certainly no system or dice, there are three 'tiers' of power that a given character may fall into.

Tier One are the characters closest to what could be called "Street Level".  While they are powerful compared to normal people, they are at the lower end of the superhero spectrum.

Tier Two are the characters that are more powerful than Tier One, but not as powerful as Tier Three.  Most Marvel heroes tend to fall into Tier Two.

Tier Three are the mightiest of the Heroes Earth has to offer.  Note that the list of Tier 3 characters is fairly short. 

For simplicity's sake, every character is considered equal in power to others within his or her tiers.  If you don't see a favorite character on the lists we provided, let us know and we'll be happy to consider adding them and assigning them a tier.

Individual powers and skills may still factor into any RP'd battles.  Common sense should apply.  For example, if Spider-Man (a Tier Two hero) is fighting Juggernaut (a Tier Three villain), it would likely end up being a stalemate.  Spider-Man isn't powerful enough to defeat the Juggernaut (very few heroes are), but the Juggernaut likewise probably can't actually hit the amazingly agile Spider-Man.  Spider-Man is smart, so he knows that his best bet would be to try and hold Juggernaut's attention with taunts and stay out of harms way until help can arrive.

Also note that though power levels may factor into superhero fights, the game is not about who's the biggest badass.  You can have as much fun role-playing Black Widow as you would playing the Hulk.  We can promise you one thing... we will never purposely make your character look weak, foolish or otherwise "bad" unless asked to by the player.  Everyone will have the opportunity to do some badass things.

As well, that players will not be permitted to play a Tier Three character until they have played a Tier One or Two character consistently for at least a month.  We want to reward those who show us loyalty to the game with those characters.

If you see a Tier One or Two character on the following lists that you want to claim to play, let us know in this thread and we'll mark them as taken.

Your GMs for this game will be LunarSage (main GM) & Josietta (co-GM).

Tier 1

Angel
Beast
Black Cat
Black Knight
Black Widow
Blade
Dagger
Daredevil
Diamond Back
Domino
Elektra
Falcon
Forge
Hawkeye
Hellcat
Iron Fist
Jubilee
Kazar
Leech
Longshot
Mary Jane
Marrow
Meltdown
Mockingbird
Moon Knight
Morph
Night Thrasher
Penance
Puck
Punisher
Rocket Raccoon
Shadowcat
Shang Chi
Shanna, The She Devil
Shatterstar
Silver Sable
Skin
Squirrel Girl
Stringray
Tigra
Wasp
Wolfsbane

Tier 2

Amadeus Cho
Ant-Man - Scott Lang
Banshee
Bishop
Black Panther
Blink
Brother Boodoo
Cable
Cannonball
Captain America
Captain Britain
Chamber
Cloak
Colossus
Crystal
Cyclops
Darkstar
Dazzler
Doc Samson
Emma Frost
Firestar
Gambit
Ghost Rider - Daniel Ketch
Guardian
Havok
Hellstorm
Human Torch
Husk
Iceman
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Jessica Jones
Jocasta
Justice
Luke Cage
M
Magik
Magma
Marvelgirl
Maverick
Meggan
Mister Fantastic
Morbius
Multiple Man
Namor
Namorita
Nick Fury
Nightcrawler
Polaris
Psylocke
Pulsar
Quicksilver
Red She-Hulk
Rictor
Sasquatch
Scarlet Spider
Scarlet Witch
Shaman
She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters)
Siryn
Speedball
Spiderman
Spiderwoman I - Jessica Drew
Spiderwoman II
Storm
Strong Guy
Sunfire
Sunspot
Thing
Thorgirl
Thunderbird
US Agent
Valkyrie
Vision
War Machine
Warlock
Warpath
Winter Soldier
Wolverine
Wonderman
X-23

Tier 3

Angela
Beta Ray Bill
Blue Marvel
Dr. Strange
Gamora
Hercules
Hulk
Hyperion
Mimic
Ms. Marvel - Carol Danvers
Nova - Frankie Ray
Nova - Richard Ryder
Phoenix - Jean Grey
Professor Xavier
Quasar
Rogue
Sentry
Thor
XMan

Approved Characters, Face Claims, & Players
Entry's that have been stricken, below, designate that the character has been released back to the pool
or the player is currently inactive

Magik, Portrayed by Katie Cassidy, Played by ??[/url]
Elektra, Portrayed by Élodie Yung, Played by ??[/url]
Jocasta, Portrayed by Morena Baccarin, Played by ??[/url]
Thor, Portrayed by Chris Hemsworth, Played by LunarSage
Wolverine, Portrayed by Hugh Jackman, Played by LunarSage
Spiderwoman I, Portrayed by Phoebe Tonkin, Played by ??[/url]
Spiderman, Portrayed by Nicholas Hoult, Played by ??[/url]
Husk, Portrayed by Alona Tal, Played by ??[/url]
Ms. Marvel, Portrayed by Anna Nystrom, Played by Josietta
Shadowcat, Portrayed by Emily Rudd, Played by Josietta
Black Widow, Portrayed by Emilia Clarke, Played by ??[/url]
Storm, Portrayed by Beyonce, Played by ??[/url]
Rogue, Portrayed by Erica Henrickson, Played by ??[/url]
Blue Marvel, Portrayed by Idris Elba, Played by ??[/url]
Winter Soldier, Portrayed by Sebastian Stan , Played ??[/url]
Luke Cage, Portrayed by Mike Colter, Played by ??[/url]
Angela, Portrayed by Aja Warren, Played by ??[/url]
Black Panther, Portrayed by Chadwick Boseman, Played by ??[/url]
Quicksilver, Portrayed by Evan Peters, Played by ?? [/url]
Cable, Portrayed by Jon Hamm, Played by ??[/url]
Scarlet Witch, Portrayed by Saoirse Ronan, Played by ??[/url]
Rocket Raccoon, Portrayed by A CGI Trash Panda, Played by ??[/url]
M, Portrayed by Aaliyah Haughton, Played by Sirian Eve
Mimic, Portrayed by Jensen Ackles, Played by]??[/url]
Red She-Hulk, Portrayed by Celeste Bonin Braun as Red She Hulk Alison Brie as Betty, Played by??[/url]
Daredevil, Portrayed by Charlie Cox, Played by ??[/url]
Captain America, Portrayed by Chris Evans, Played by ]??[/url].
IronMan, Portrayed by Robert Downey Jr, Played by ??[/url]
Colossus, Portrayed by Henry Cavill,  played by??[/url]
Penance, Portrayed by Lyndie Greenwood, played by [b ??[/b][/url]
Havok, Portrayed by Alex Pettyfer, played by ??[/url]
Gamora, Portrayed by ComicBook Likeness, played by ??[/url]
Morbius, Portrayed by Stephen McHattie, played by ??[/url]
Punisher, Portrayed by Jon Bernthal, Played by ??[/url]
Gambit, Portrayed by Taylor Kitsch, Played by ??[/url].
IceMan, Portrayed by Alex Prange, Played by TheBlackThrone[/url]
Jubilee, Portrayed by Viann Zhang, Played by ??[/url]
Human Torch, Portrayed by Rick Cosnett, Played By LunarSage
Tigra, Portrayed by Alyssa Campanella, Played by Josietta
Karma, Portrayed by Vu Ha Anh, Played by ??[/url]
Blade, Portrayed by Chiwetel Ejiofor, Played by ?? [/url]
Maverick, Portrayed by Brett Dalton, Played by??[/url]

I should note face claims are whatever you want. These were previous faces from before and left here for suggestion if you should use it. Its up to you what you want your character to look like.

Pending Sheet Submission
And Approval

Updated On
7/6/19

Character Sheet

Character Sheet:

Hero Name: (Your Superheroic Identity)

Identity: (Your Real Name)

Secret or Public Identity: (Is your real identity public knowledge or is it a secret?)

Power Tier: (One, Two or Three)

Origin of Powers: (Mutant, Alien, Mystical, Altered Human, Physical Training, High Tech)

Description (Appearance): (What does your character look like?  You must include a picture. One face claim of an actual person/face claim and a comic version to represent the costume.)

Powers: (What are your superhuman powers, if any?  The net can help you with this part if you're unfamiliar with the comics, or you can ask Josietta and/or LunarSage for help)

Special Skills and Background Perks: (Beyond mundane skills like "driving" or cooking", can your character speak multiple languages, invent high tech devices, fight exceptionally well or otherwise?  Is your character wealthy?)

Special Equipment: (Any equipment beyond mundane things like a car or whatnot goes here.  Black Widow's wrist blaster "Widow's Sting" and Iron Man's various suits of armor would go here.)

Brief History: (No more than a few paragraphs please, but include how your character was involved in the recent battle against the Kree in New York.)

Played by: Your Username Goes Here

Faceclaim: FaceClaim Goes Here

[/td][/tr][/table]

[b]Hero Name: [/b](Your Superheroic Identity)

[b]Identity:[/b] (Your Real Name)

[b]Secret or Public Identity:[/b] (Is your real identity public knowledge or is it a secret?)

[b]Power Tier:[/b] (One, Two or Three)

[b]Origin of Powers:[/b] (Mutant, Alien, Mystical, Altered Human, Physical Training, High Tech)

[b]Description (Appearance):[/b] (What does your character look like?  You must include a picture. One face claim of an actual person/face claim and a comic version to represent the costume.)

[b]Powers:[/b] (What are your superhuman powers, if any?  The net can help you with this part if you're unfamiliar with the comics, or you can ask Josietta and/or LunarSage for help)

[b]Special Skills and Background Perks:[/b] (Beyond mundane skills like "driving" or cooking", can your character speak multiple languages, invent high tech devices, fight exceptionally well or otherwise?  Is your character wealthy?)

[b]Special Equipment:[/b] (Any equipment beyond mundane things like a car or whatnot goes here.  Black Widow's wrist blaster "Widow's Sting" and Iron Man's various suits of armor would go here.)

[b]Brief History: [/b](No more than a few paragraphs please, but include how your character was involved in the recent battle against the Kree in New York.)

[b]Played by:[/b] Your Username Goes Here
[b]Faceclaim:[/b] Faceclaim Goes Here

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Wispyr

Elysian Radiance

"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Josietta on September 23, 2015, 02:36:57 PM
heyas you two!! *squeezes*

Mwah!

How goes the deliberation of Lilith? 'Cause... Vampires are hot. And I love me some sexy vampire.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

LunarSage

As long as she's a heroic version of her, I see no issues.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: LunarSage on September 23, 2015, 02:44:38 PM
As long as she's a heroic version of her, I see no issues.

-dances- W00t! Thank you! I imagine her as sorta Blade-esque. I'll only be playing her, at least for right now. Don't wanna overwhelm myself from the get-go.

VonDoom

Hmm. Interesting. Might go for Agent Venom -- he's after 2000, but may still be feasible? He's certainly one of the better 'newer' characters. Could do 'Lethal Protector' era Brock, too, though I know a lot of people don't like him or were overexposed.

Alternatively, Ghost Rider might be nice.  >:)

(Also, if I may give some feedback on the Tiering -- I'd personally swap Rogue and X-Man. Nate's insane, even before his 'World Shaman' phase.)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

LunarSage

I'm not at all familiar with Agent Venom.

Ghost Rider would probably work best of the ideas you have proposed interest in, Von Doom.  :-)

Rogue's Tier 3 status is debatable, but in the end we needed to have more females in that tier so we made her a 3.  You're right that X-Man is probably Tier 3 as well though.  We'll edit the list shortly.

Dhi

I'm interested in playing the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman, but I'm not super familiar with the character. Just read some books here and there and liked her deal.

wander

I'd be happy to play Hawkeye, Nightcrawler and/or X-23, depending on what popular opinion would be. I've had experience with playing all three, actually own their comics to know what they're like and they're three of my favourite Marvel characters. I will of course go down to one, probably one of the former pair.

...Because I'd actually like to roleplay an adult scene with someone else playing X-23... ^^

LunarSage

Quote from: Dhi on September 23, 2015, 04:43:58 PM
I'm interested in playing the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman, but I'm not super familiar with the character. Just read some books here and there and liked her deal.

Dhi!  It's awesome to see you again!  :-)

She's certainly available for you.  If you'd like I can PM with you to discuss the version of her you'd like to play and I can answer any questions you may have.

Quote from: wander on September 23, 2015, 04:50:44 PM
I'd be happy to play Hawkeye, Nightcrawler and/or X-23, depending on what popular opinion would be. I've had experience with playing all three, actually own their comics to know what they're like and they're three of my favourite Marvel characters. I will of course go down to one, probably one of the former pair.

...Because I'd actually like to roleplay an adult scene with someone else playing X-23... ^^

Hello wander!  :-)

We'd like to limit characters to start to no more than two, so let us know which of those 3 you're most interested in.

Bloodied Porcelain

You already know I'm in, but I figured I'd pop in and say ohai anyway.  ;D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

LunarSage

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 05:37:09 PM
You already know I'm in, but I figured I'd pop in and say ohai anyway.  ;D

BP!  *hugs*  I'm glad to have you aboard.  :-)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: LunarSage on September 23, 2015, 05:38:43 PM
BP!  *hugs*  I'm glad to have you aboard.  :-)

*snuggles the Lunar* I'm so glad you guys are running this. :D I would consider Scarlet Witch, but I worry I wouldn't be able to do her justice. Jubes is the only marvel canon chick I've ever played convincingly. >.<
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 05:42:04 PM
*snuggles the Lunar* I'm so glad you guys are running this. :D I would consider Scarlet Witch, but I worry I wouldn't be able to do her justice. Jubes is the only marvel canon chick I've ever played convincingly. >.<

If it makes you feel any better... my Marvel knowledge is limited to the movies (I know, for shame) and I've never played a Marvel character before. So I'm completely winging it. I'm sure that whatever you choose, you'll do marvelously.

cwutididthar?  ;D

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 23, 2015, 06:02:14 PM
If it makes you feel any better... my Marvel knowledge is limited to the movies (I know, for shame) and I've never played a Marvel character before. So I'm completely winging it. I'm sure that whatever you choose, you'll do marvelously.

cwutididthar?  ;D

*cackle* You're so punny ::)

Dhi

Lunar, that would be great if you have the time! If you get too busy with GM stuff I can do some wiki reading and try to figure it out.

Bloodied Porcelain

Okay, so... A couple questions

1: If it's okay, I'd like to take Scarlet Witch, but I'd prefer to do the movie verse version of her (with obvious changes to her background so her brother isn't dead and all). Would it be okay to use the movieverse version of her powers as well? She didn't have anything world shattering, and I think on the scale, she'd probably be Tier 2.

2: Can we use RL models (as long as they're close to the character's comic looks) or do we have to use comic pictures? I ask primarily because I love the way she looks in the movie and I kind of want to re-use the picture I picked out for Lunar and I's solo for Jubes. :D

LunarSage

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 07:32:37 PM
Okay, so... A couple questions

1: If it's okay, I'd like to take Scarlet Witch, but I'd prefer to do the movie verse version of her (with obvious changes to her background so her brother isn't dead and all). Would it be okay to use the movieverse version of her powers as well? She didn't have anything world shattering, and I think on the scale, she'd probably be Tier 2.

You're more than welcome to play Wanda, BP.  :-)

What exactly were her powers in the movie?  I don't remember it being too clear.

Quote2: Can we use RL models (as long as they're close to the character's comic looks) or do we have to use comic pictures? I ask primarily because I love the way she looks in the movie and I kind of want to re-use the picture I picked out for Lunar and I's solo for Jubes. :D

You can use whichever you prefer.  I will likely be using a combination of comic and real life pics for my characters.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: LunarSage on September 23, 2015, 07:35:16 PM
You're more than welcome to play Wanda, BP.  :-)

What exactly were her powers in the movie?  I don't remember it being too clear.

MCU Scarlet Witch

I will probably drop the telepathy to either none at all, or something very low-key like being able to catch surface thoughts if someone isn't actively trying to shield themselves from her, and stick to her being able to manipulate/implant fears in to people's minds from a telepath-ish standpoint (only with permission from the other player, of course, so I doubt this will be used much).

QuoteYou can use whichever you prefer.  I will likely be using a combination of comic and real life pics for my characters.

*requests the sexy that is Hugh Jackman for Wolvy face. ::)

LunarSage

Quote from: Dhi on September 23, 2015, 06:32:33 PM
Lunar, that would be great if you have the time! If you get too busy with GM stuff I can do some wiki reading and try to figure it out.

Dhi, I am heading to bed now but I will send you a pm tomorrow.  :-)

LunarSage

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 07:46:19 PM
MCU Scarlet Witch

I will probably drop the telepathy to either none at all, or something very low-key like being able to catch surface thoughts if someone isn't actively trying to shield themselves from her, and stick to her being able to manipulate/implant fears in to people's minds from a telepath-ish standpoint (only with permission from the other player, of course, so I doubt this will be used much).

We'll have to discuss that more in depth tomorrow.

Quote*requests the sexy that is Hugh Jackman for Wolvy face. ::)

Never fear.  ;)

Josietta

I prefer everyone try to have a real life photo to go with their costume referenced comic image. It can take a little more work but it is preferred.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on September 23, 2015, 07:55:29 PM
I prefer everyone try to have a real life photo to go with their costume referenced comic image. It can take a little more work but it is preferred.

*tackles and licks*