News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

An Hourglass of Dreams {For M/F}

Started by Dreamers Sand, December 09, 2018, 04:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamers Sand

First and foremost, welcome! I’d like to introduce myself. I am Dreamer’s Sand, though you can call me Dreamer. I’ve come before you to create a story- but I have no intentions of doing it alone. I need a muse and a partner to do so; someone to push and pull on the heart strings of fiction with me.

A little about myself to start.

I am a grown, independent, and happily engaged woman in the real world. I do not mind being friends but I am not looking for romantic connections outside of roleplay. I keep what happens in roleplay and what happens outside of it very firmly separated. To me these are stories- stories that I will love and adore like a dollmaker to their marionettes. If you are looking for anything more than roleplay, then this is a good stopping point for you. If not, well…

Writing is a passion of mine, one that brings me peace, excitement, and fantastical satisfaction. No, not the “rub one out” kind of satisfaction. The kind of pleasure I get from writing is from exercising my mind to create complex characters, to weave broad labyrinthine stories, and to entangle characters in a truly magnificent way. I have been out of the game for a while, but I still consider myself quite the writer. Quality over quantity is always true, but if you create posts less than say, three paragraphs per post, then I may be too much for you to handle. I love pertinent, beautiful details to help me imaginatively paint the scenes behind closed eyes like a lucid daydream.

There are no genres I consider off-limits. There are some sexual “Ons & Offs” that are worth noting. But when it goes for other things… I love a dark, complicated, and sometimes controversial story. I think that there’s something terribly human about the mature aspects we often miss out on, or mistake solely for lust. Morality gets tested at its finest with hard decisions and tempering the boundaries between love and hate, between pain and pleasure, between right and wrong. I do not write stories solely for sex; if you seek smut this is not the place for it. I enjoy a slow burn; a melting candle kind of house fire if you will. That thing that drives between two characters, dripping slow like hot wax, and then when you think it’ll die out, it is crawling up the curtains and Alexa is calling the fire department.

I mostly play female characters as my mains, but I will often play males and females as secondary characters to help push and turn plotlines and pivotal points. I also enjoy a bit of gender-bending from time to time, especially in concepts such as females pretending to be males for whatever moral or emotional reasons they may have. I often- but not always- prefer a “F x M” pairing, but I may be convinced on others depending on the story at hand. Do not let any of this deter you however, from looking through my plot list. Sometimes I come up with ideas that I get very in the mood to play a male, transgender, or gender-fluid character for against male, female, or other gendered characters.

If you are interested in something, shoot me a message (please don't post on this thread). I look forward to hearing from the creative minds of E.

A few quick bullet-points of important details I'd like to add:

• I roleplay in third person and ask that my partner does the same. It is a little smoother for me to read without feeling subjectively involved in the story itself.
  • I am a fairly lengthy poster at times, often averaging between 4 - 10 paragraphs per post.
  • Communication is key. I'd love to discuss the story as we take it on and move through it, so please reach out to me.
  • I do not roleplay via PMs. We're on Elliquiy, and we're gifted with this environment where we can write freely. I do not see the full point of writing in PMs here.
  • Just because I may not hit on the topic of sex much does not mean I do not write it. I love a good steamy, passionate, even kinky scene. But not without context and build-up.
  • I post often once or more a day, but I also have a crazy work schedule with long stretches on and long stretches off. I will post at least once a week, but most likely once every two or three days minimum.
"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

Dreamers Sand

A indicates a high desire to play that plot!
If you have any other ideas, feel free to message me! I am all about working together to create a story, or to work on ideas that either you or I have to make it our own.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* * * * * Seeking Male Characters * * * * *

In Rapture & Rivalry
Seeking:  Male main character
Setting: High Fantasy | Dark | Tragedy
May Involve: Bondage | Light Non-Con / Duplicitous Consent
Sort of like...: Inspired very loosely from "The Legend of Zelda"

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The world has faced war after war, a century apart each time. For thousands of years, the world has succumb to it, over and over, and by the same leaders no less. When the darkest of creatures call upon their wicked patron, he comes. A beast of a man, a deity among the lives of others, who wreaks havoc and sews his discord throughout the land. In response, those of good intent and heart call upon their own patron.

Each becomes reincarnated in the vessel of their genesis, left by them before their final departure from the last life lived. They rise up and take arms against one another. The King of Darkness and the Queen of Light, whose aim is only one another. With jaded memory and only what is foretold that they must do, cycle after cycle, they fight to the death. When one dies, the other will eventually follow- resting into a great slumber that passes them on and leaves them waiting for the next incarnation.

The dutiful wars are sometimes won or lost by each side, creating a chaotic push and pull history of darkness versus the light. There have been ages of slavery and wickedness, and ages of freedom and peace. But again and again, it is promised- prophesied even- that the patrons will return. And they will take up the wars again and again, until death do them part.

This story is one I envision as a dark, tragic romance full of war and chaos. The patrons have lived off and on for so very long, they have forgotten what caused them to be this way in the first place. They only know when called upon what it is that they must do. What happens should they realize that once upon a time, in their very first lives, they were wed and madly in love? What is the mystery behind their separation and immortality? Could they break their pattern, and find common ground? Could they find love once more? Or will they only find an all-consuming blaze of passion that leaves both of them dead once more?

The Cure for Being Human
Seeking: Male main character
Setting: Modern Fantasy
May Involve: Light | Mild Bondage | Light Non-Con themes
Sort of like...: A Cure for Wellness meets The Cleanse

Life can be hard. Sometimes it's easy to fall into a state of depression. Getting out of it is much harder. Illness, heartbreak, stress, and anxiety surround us every day. It permeates through us, making us sick- wearing us down. We become heavy. Sometimes we just need to lift that heaviness, and cleanse ourselves of what wears us down.

A stashed brochure for a strange resort falls out of a book or got slipped into a backpack. When reading it, it depicts a homeopathic, lavish getaway meant for detoxifying the body and purifying the mind. By its end, it promises to leave its patrons healed and happy, ready to go forth into the world with renewed vitality. For a limited time, a select few guests chosen at random will be allowed to stay for free. They will be subjected to a customized combination of therapies for the ails of that person, and given the opportunity to enjoy the scenery of the island. They only need to give feedback and criticisms of their stay and treatments at the end of their tenure.

This is going to be a story that takes a few elements from both "A Cure for Wellness" and "The Cleanse". If you haven't seen either, you should probably see both- though you don't need to do that for this roleplay. The story here is that a person, for whatever their reasons may be, makes his way to the resort. He is greeted by a small variety of professionals who set up a custom therapy and treatment plan to help him get "better". However, there is something very peculiar going on here, and it seems that beneath the surface is a much darker story unfolding. Do you try to escape the island resort? Or do you continue with your... treatment?

In the Final Moments
Seeking: Male main character
Setting: Modern Fantasy | Magic | Slice of Life
May Involve: Light | Possibly Bondage
Sort of like...: N/A

It's the world we live in. Sometimes beautiful, often times gloomy. Sickness, terrorism, suicide, prejudice, low wages and long hours. One would say there are no miracles left, but perhaps there are a few.

Death was terribly close for { YC }. Surely the end had come for him, for whatever reason it may've been. But just as he thought the end was unavoidable, and surely he had seen the vision of Death himself, someone seemed to pull him back from the brink. A paramedic working on him managed to drag him free from the clutches of Death, and in doing so left him... different. Being so close to death may've gifted him so psychic abilities, like being able to talk to the dead for starters. His abilities may be able to be honed with time and focus, but the new world he's been birthed into will take time to grow accustomed to. After all, seeing the dead is not the only change he's faced.

Something draws him back to that woman, to the medic who saved him. A bond exists between them now, as if it was more than just her emergency medicine skills that saved his life. They are connected through this secret, and inevitably find themselves running into one another again. A hopeful new life, reuniting with the burned out melancholy of a life who does nothing but fight Death. Who is to say what the future holds for either of them?

* * * * * Seeking Female Characters * * * * *

* * * Seeking Any Gender Characters * * *

Flawlessly Fabricated
Seeking: Male / Female main character { My character will be female / gender-bending - can discuss }
Setting: Sci-fi | Futuristic | Dystopia | Cyberpunk
May Involve: Bondage | Possible Gender Dysphoria 
Sort of like...: Ghost in the Shell meets Altered Carbon

Story
The consciousness is a thing we have learned to store and transfer like data. To replace it in machines is no great feat anymore. The richest of man in our off-balance society can be replaced into Synthoid suits- the highest end of human-like android models made to feel and look completely human. The poorest who want to continue living are stuck in makeshift robotic creatures and prototypical androids who were dejected or shelved. Old models for the monetarily unfortunate. However, by engraving what we once called our souls onto disks and uploading the mind into Cloud space, we have opened the box of what is and isn't ethical in the exploration of what comes next.

This story begins with the awakening of my character. The download of a human into a broken Synth suit. Amnesia assumes the awakened state, and she is vulnerable to what is being told to her. But the truth behind her amnesia and the haunting life she lived- and died- will soon return to her.

I'm leaving it open at this point for multiple reasons. If you would want to pair a character to be say, an engineer, physician, or Synth-hacker. It can also be that it is someone of her past that is trying to get her back. Even the case of two once friends, maybe more, who were separated in death and are working to find their way together again in rebirth. It'll leave it open as to whether she is awakening to a political resistance, a police force, a series of experiments, etc. No matter where she begins, as her story kicks in and her memory is awakened, it'll pull the strings together and start weaving a major plot-line that is to be created between the both of us.

Image Bank

Only Silence Remains
Seeking: Male main character / Female main character (For a MxF / FxM pairing)
Setting: High Fantasy | Post-Apocalyptic | Surrealism
May Involve: Bondage
Sort of like...: N/A

The end of the world has happened. Was it religious, or man-made? Both, in reality. Man enacted the great wars that tore the earth apart, and as they forged destruction that would ring out finality, the sky opened up. A light poured down from the supposed heavens, and in that moment nary but a few lives had been taken. Dead? Possibly. Sent to heaven? Maybe. Transported by aliens? It all seemed possible.

The world left after the great flash was something altogether different. Barren in places, and overgrown elsewhere. Those who survived would think the world had moved forward a hundred years without them, and then... there they were. Less than one percent of the world's population remained. Miles upon miles might stretch on, and no one would be found. Lonesome burdened those few who, despite their lives or actions, were left behind.

What is left has been unnamed. It's hard to call it earth anymore. It does not abide by the same laws that the world they once knew did. Physics and science seem slivered. Magic pulses through the earth anew, as old fables had once said it to be. Creatures best described as demons or fiends stalk the planet's surface as the dominant predators. The only chance of surviving seems to fall upon breaking the silence. To find one another, to stand together, and to harness the dejected new world as their own and start again. 

Dreamers Sand

Rarely Pure & Never Simple
Dreamer's Sand + MrThorne

The Paladin of the Red Lantern
Dreamer's Sand + Inkidu

"My life would suck without you..."
Dreamer's Sand + Cerigo

The B.P.R.D.
Dreamer's Sand + Norsegod1839

Maybe Leaving the Vault was a Bad Idea
Dreamer's Sand + Bene

Your Loyal Dog
Dreamer's Sand + Timeless

The Eulogy of Ghost Orchids
Dreamer's Sand + Einzig

A Fatal Ballad
Dreamer's Sand + Outlaw Fallen

The Calamitous Secret
Dreamer's Sand + ZephyrInk

Dreamers Sand

Any roleplays that have been stopped, or have not been replied to in greater than 10 days without warning from either myself or my partner,
will be moved to this section.

Severed
{ Deceased }

Infinity & Beyond
{ Passive }

XVI: The Tower
{ Passive }

Dreamers Sand

Added stories:
The Eulogy of Ghost Orchids